Mika's Personal Life

lollipop_monkey

I've been trying to get some of these points through since february, quite refreshing to see others discuss it for once :mf_rosetinted: As I've already said my opinion numerous times, I'll just lean back for now and see how it develops :mf_rosetinted:

Wow, a whole thread about this topic and it has not been closed and it has been a polite and well behaved discussion.

I’ve been sitting together with Kata and read it from the beginning.

This hasn’t happened in this forum for months.

We should consider this a historic moment for the MFC!:thumb_yello:

I think that people being uptight about the topic has more to do with homophobia and unwillingness to let go of fantasies rather than upholding Mika's wishes since many people have CLEARLY chosen to ignore what Mika himself has said.

I have told my opinion loud and clear a lot if times earlier and I think this quote from Scut Monkey summarize it in an excellent way.:wink2:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, the interview wasn't "Jools Holland," but it was Jensen IN Holland. :lmfao: But, watch this when Jensen calls his music "gay as a three dollar bill" and pay close attention to Mika's face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Naa3wOi17g

I think if you were Mika and know that a whole lot of people assume you are gay (and don't hesitate to say it), and then an interviewer would say someting like that, that you wouldn't be comfortable, because you don't know what comes next.

Not everyone likes Mika and his music and some people are really mean (I'm just thinking now about the reactions of my father) so I can imagine that he reads things he don't like and maybe hurt him, and if than an interviewer is saying something like that .. well, I don't know how my face would look...

(don't know if it's clear what I'm trying to say, don't even know it in Dutch, so in English ... :bleh:)

haha i forgot to say...if it's true Katy Perry was his girlfriend (as she said they dated when she was 18), she told in an interview the person she wrote the song about was not gay at all. And when she showed the song to MIka, he said it was great. So, he's damn good at showing ambiguous and confusing people!! :lol3:

oh I've seen Mika's face in Jensen interview. I admire how he continued talking as if nothing had happened. I wouldn't be able to do that :)

Wow, a whole thread about this topic and it has not been closed and it has been a polite and well behaved discussion.

I’ve been sitting together with Kata and read it from the beginning.

This hasn’t happened in this forum for months.

We should consider this a historic moment for the MFC!

Well.. I don't think it is really a bad thing to have a topic like this over here, as long as it stays kind and nice to everyone..:wink2:

But for me personally..(so, please don't shoot me now for posting this..:shocked:) it makes no sense..:blink:

I mean.. sure, we can discuss if Mika is gay or not or lives for strawberry pies but as long as the big man shut his mouth about it, we won't find out..:bleh:

It's not that I don't want to know too..(the most of you will probably know already that I am very curious about everything..:naughty: ) but well.. with guessing we don't come very further, right?? :blink:

But I think it is pretty good to have 1 thread about it and not 100..:doh:

But for me personally..(so, please don't shoot me now for posting this..:shocked:) it makes no sense..:blink:

I mean.. sure, we can discuss if Mika is gay or not or lives for strawberry pies but as long as the big man shut his mouth about it, we won't find out..:bleh:

It's not that I don't want to know too..(the most of you will probably know already that I am very curious about everything.. ) but well.. with guessing we don't come very further, right??

as i said in one of my posts from last night, you're right, we won't get to a conclusion... but i still think those who want to should be allowed to discuss it. :wink2: tbh, i think the problem would be if we in fact got to a conclusion! mika doesn't want us to know, so we shouldn't really try to find out. but just stating our opinions is ok i guess. :original:

i personally don't think he's gay, but he might as well be. i'm not good at interpreting people's body language/behaviour. actually, i don't wanna know the truth, at least not until he decides to reveal it. :wink2:

Actually, the interview wasn't "Jools Holland," but it was Jensen IN Holland. :lmfao: But, watch this when Jensen calls his music "gay as a three dollar bill" and pay close attention to Mika's face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Naa3wOi17g

I don't see it. He was looking down at his hands before Jensen even made the statement. It may not have been awkwardness about the camp/gay references per say, but more Jensen's out there manner and colourful phrasing, especially since it was in reference his music and he might not have been so used to people reacting so enthusiastically about it at that point.

My own personal opinion... and it's MY personal opinion not anyuone elses... is that he is actually gay. I think this, partly because of Billy Brown. He really put that song out there, mainstream. Why would he have done that if he wasn't gay, or bi? Also because, if he wasn't, he would say he wasn't, and he could still keep his life private.

But having said all that, I tend to just think of him as Mika, and it doesn't matter to me if this turns out to be true. Because it's only a part of who he is. His music is what's important, and the fact that he is a special human being. My only concern about him keeping quiet, and I think I've said this before, is that when, or if, he meets someone, what will he do then? He should be able to have an open relationship with whoever he chooses. No one here would mind, and if the person is a good person, we would accept them and even love them for loving Mika.

Like I say, it's only my opinion. I really love Mika, whoever, or whatever he turns out to be. He's the best musician ever, and THAT'S what's important.

Love today, from Marilyn

mika doesn't want us to know, so we shouldn't really try to find out. but just stating our opinions is ok i guess.

I agree. That's why it's called "speculation" and not "stalking", no one here is searching for evidence or digging up records or following him around, merely considering the possibilities which is far more harmless than some people here consider it to be, especially when people are clear about the fact that they're merely stating an opinion and nothing more.

My own personal opinion... and it's MY personal opinion not anyuone elses... is that he is actually gay. I think this, partly because of Billy Brown. He really put that song out there, mainstream. Why would he have done that if he wasn't gay, or bi? Also because, if he wasn't, he would say he wasn't, and he could still keep his life private.

But having said all that, I tend to just think of him as Mika, and it doesn't matter to me if this turns out to be true. Because it's only a part of who he is. His music is what's important, and the fact that he is a special human being. My only concern about him keeping quiet, and I think I've said this before, is that when, or if, he meets someone, what will he do then? He should be able to have an open relationship with whoever he chooses. No one here would mind, and if the person is a good person, we would accept them and even love them for loving Mika.

Like I say, it's only my opinion. I really love Mika, whoever, or whatever he turns out to be. He's the best musician ever, and THAT'S what's important.

Love today, from Marilyn

*claps* Right on! I mean we share different personal opinions about his sexual orientation, but still the same feeling resides within our hearts...IT's ok, whatever happens is ok... When he gets into a relationship, he'll have a hard enough time dealing with the press (man woman or both) With that said, all we can do is STAND BY OUR MAN...and be the fans he respects.

I understand everyone's right to free speech...I love that right lol... But at the same time, we have an obligation to respect what he wants. And we don't know what he wants, so It's such a weird situation we as fanclubbers find ourselves in. All I know, is that we are different than any other club...I've written about it before. There is definatley a comaraderie to us and we can not lose that. We need to guide the newbies, and suggest what they should do in order to not get yelled at lol...Sometimes people can be really harsh when correcting others...So it's important to remain gentle:blush-anim-cl:

So far that has been the most fair assessment of bisexuality that I’ve seen in this thread so far. Kudos to you.

Thank you Scut Monkey!

I'm also a Transgender activist, so I know that the line of genderidentity is a long one and if you have straight on the left and gay on the right, there are a LOT of other types in between these two points! Trust me, it's never fully black or fully white but a wide variety of gray shades! And that is what makes it all so interesting!

Wow, well said, I agree with you.(1st message) Some parts of Mika's life are absolutely none of our business, but it is hard not to be curious as a fan.

Mika's sexuality is something that we can't help but be a little curious of. I think the fact that he is so protective of it is what makes us wonder...:cool:

I understand everyone's right to free speech...I love that right lol... But at the same time, we have an obligation to respect what he wants. And we don't know what he wants

I feel like I'm repeating myself, he has never said to not discuss the topic, what he DID say is that people have the right to question and he has the right to refuse to answer. He has no problem with people discussing the topic, he merely doesn't feel it necessary to explicitly provide an answer. He has even knowingly and deliberately fueled speculation by having major feature articles in gay magazines such as "Attitude" and "Out" (with the front cover splayed with the title "Mika: Gay?/Post-Gay?/Not Gay?"). The "respect what he wants" excuse for refusing to discuss the topic is ignoring what he himself has said and done, and THAT is not what I call consideration and following his wishes. If a person doesn't wish to discuss the topic because it doesn't interest them then that's perfectly fine by me, I just don't like people making excuses that are CLEARLY ignoring what Mika himself has said and done.

Who can honestly say they're 100% straight or gay anyway?

(a lot of people will say that probably, but I'm not sure I believe them :roftl: )

I agree, there is no such thing. And that's where terms used to describe bisexuality get confusing: is bisexual exclusively 50/50 or is it anything in between, and if that's the case is everyone bisexual but to different degrees, and if not where do we draw the line between bisexual and straight or gay? And that's not even including transgendered people where the meaning of gender is flipped upside down. 'Tis all very confusing and everyone in the end formulates their own definitions.

well stop the speculations and let his private life be what it is: his private life! in fact he's not gay. i know it for sure :mf_rosetinted:

anyway, why is it so important for you? does his sexuality influence his music? i don't think so! and we should be fans of his music, not of his sexuality :thumbdown:

Ok, I've got square eyes from reading the entire thread in one go!

I've posted my thoughts on all of these subjects many times around the site and my opinions are of the strong sort! :naughty:

Here's what I know from reading/listening to Mika's words....

He's a man

He's a Leo

He has total self belief

He's very talented

He's a brat

He's a perfectionist

He has OCD

He drives people insane

He reduces people to tears

Waiters/cabincrew don't like him

He has a close circle of family/friends

He is feircely loyal to them

He has trouble maintaining personal relationships

He therefore spoils his circle with gifts, etc

He say's no-one's ever really wanted to date him

He was bullied at school

He was removed from school

He started working "in the business" at 11yrs old

He was surrounded by theatre life and adults

He hated school

He was raised a Roman Catholic

He is well mannered and polite

His family (especially his mother) are never far away

His sister "dresses" him (his private look isn't the same as his stage look which is what he's judged on media wise)

Then these are my opinions!

His "best" (as in the most visable/obvious) mate is Lorna who he went to High school and Uni with and (I suspect) who he came up with the concept of Lollipop girl with

I also suspect that neither of them were in with the popular kids at school!

His confidence comes from being spoilt by his Mother (and maybe sisters)

He was (in effect) the "man of the house" whilst growing up

He was, as a child, surrounded by adults (who would most likely be female/gay)

He wants his performances to be sexy like those of Prince and Bowie who were both conciously ambiguous about their sexuality in order to appeal to all of their audience

I think he struggled with how to be sexy on stage when he first started but is learning real fast!

I aslo think this suggests that he wasn't used to being sexual off stage and that he has developed this sexy stage personna which is seperate to him in real life

I think he remains "asexual" or childishly flirtatious when off stage ie in interviews (and again, I suspect, in rela life)

I think this is due to his up bringing, his religion (even if it's not practiced fully) his lack of experience with the world at large and the close proximity of his family

He once said in an early interview (written and I don't know which one!) that he was young and was giving himself room to grow as a person which included his sexuality. Add to this the comments about it being too early in his career to talk about his sexuality and I wonder if he wants to see how he developes once having a chance to spread his wings and see what the world is all about. Remember, as our young hero said himself...."take a look at a boy like me, never stood on my own two feet, now I'm blue as I can be........oh love , come get me down!"

I interpet that to mean that he's still in the family nest, not yet independent and being a good catholic boy is waiting until he's in a relationship/married before trying the "love" (as he said when talking about Love Today..........people either want to be loved or to get laid.......it's all the same) stuff but that he's so eager for it to happen soon

Now I (as my sig used to say) am one of those bad girls his mother warned him about! I am an athiest so don't understand religion but I work with a girl who is a Roman Catholic and she is lovely (Mika reminds me of her) and was a "good girl" until she met and married her husband (she actually gave birth to twins yesterday!) and although she went out partying it was always with her family and her beach holidays were always with her sisters or "good" friends and she just lived her life as fully as was possible until love came and got her down!

My longwinded point being that I think that Mika lives his life as a "good" boy trying to do what he thinks is right or for the best.

The squirmy way he is in interviews is probably due to him struggling with whether he can be the good boy he has been raised to be without appearing boring in celeb terms. "No-one wants to hear that they shouldn't have sex in a pop song"

As for who makes his little heart melt :wub2: ......I really have no idea whether they're men or women.

If he's the person I think he is it'll be either (just like me!) :thumb_yello:

As for the family/other stuff........if people wouldn't like something done to themselves then they shouldn't want to do it to/about Mika's family and friends (or Mika either for that matter, obviously!)

Again, I've made my feelings quite loudly known in other threads! :roftl:

I'm just wondering, do any of you think that Mika will ever tell everyone about his sexuality?

Or will it be always kept very private to him?

The reason I'm asking is because I've no idea!

I don't think he'll ever say to a magazine or TV "Look, here's the deal..."

But I DO think that when he hooks up with someone, he won't hide it forever, but let the media keep speculating about whether it's a date or a friend etc.

Ok, I've got square eyes from reading the entire thread in one go!

:roftl:

I'm not going to quote the whole post, it being so long, but I just wanted to say: Very well written :)

I do however think that his squirming in interviews might also come from him being shy when it comes to sexuality and relationships in general. Now I know he has said that he isn't shy, but knowing from myself (I have an almost identical background as him), even though I'm as far away from shy as you can get, when it comes to subjects like that, even though I am 100% confident about myself IN those subjects, I'm very uncomfortable talking about them with people I don't know.. Imagine then what it's like to talk about them or being talked to- about them on international TV and magazines!

Thank you Scut Monkey!

I'm also a Transgender activist, so I know that the line of genderidentity is a long one and if you have straight on the left and gay on the right, there are a LOT of other types in between these two points! Trust me, it's never fully black or fully white but a wide variety of gray shades! And that is what makes it all so interesting!

exactly what I said when I was a newbie here...:thumb_yello:

Rose...I always thought you were very sure about the things you say. I'm following my intuition everytime I reply your posts, so I'll bear in mind what you said some posts ago. Just wanted to say: Hey Rose I'm curious, I would be lying if I say I'm not...and some people wanted to express their opinion without feeling judged, that's why this thread is going on. "I don't care" is not the same than "I accept him the way he is, no matter the details"...and sure, nobody doubts his music is amazing and moving for us :wink2:

changing the subject, what really worries me sometimes is the fact that he lies in the interviews. I mean...if he starts doing that more often, one day we won't know what to believe about him! And he'll be famous for being such a liar. Personally, I respect people who have secrets or doesn't want to tell all the truth, but...lying instead?? I feel strange about that. And I dunno what to say when I realise Mika is clearly lying. What do you think??

My own personal opinion... and it's MY personal opinion not anyuone elses... is that he is actually gay. I think this, partly because of Billy Brown. He really put that song out there, mainstream. Why would he have done that if he wasn't gay, or bi?

Love today, from Marilyn

Mika grew up in France... among his influences may have been a certain Charles Aznavour... oh yeah this Aznavour who sang "Je suis un homo, comme ils disent" "I'm a gay, like they say", a song about this gay man dressing up like girls on weekends, living with his mum and being bullied. A very touching song... Oh and Aznavour ISNT gay ;)

being a good catholic boy is waiting until he's in a relationship/married before trying the "love""

:roftl:

Uh?:boxed:

Wow. I eat dinner and sleep a few hours and then come back to nearly 30

pages! :shocked:

I want to reiterate what I said way back on page 1 of this thread, something

that I think many of you don't get. When we moderators close

a thread about Mika's sexuality, it's not to be nasty, it's not to

be control freaks, and it's NOT because of any homophobia -- if you

knew me personally you'd know that that's not true in my case for sure.

We close these sorts of new threads because historically we've had some