Introducing Mr. David Whitmey, Mika's new keyboard player

Fmbm

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

David, please please please marry me!!! :fangurl:

:shocked:

Seriously, he is gorgeous! :das::mf_lustslow:

Also, people didn't like him because he replaced Luke (Mika's original keyboardist for those who don't know :wink2:), and because they felt he was quite arrogant and ruined the start of Relax. It was sort of used as a bit of a mean name. Apparently he knows that people called him sunshine and knew what was being said about him at the time, which may have made him a little reluctant to talk to MFCers.

If you guys haven't met David after a concert, I suggest you go up to him and have a chat... some of us Aussies went up to him after the Sydney show and chatted to him and he was really great (even though he seemed a little shy and sat at the table with friends most of the time). He even questioned why I wanted to get his autograph cause he thought it was really messy, but I didn't care...

And to make it better, he's got a Scottish accent! :das::fangurl:

Thank you for such a detailed version!

I wasnt at mfc in Luke times, previously i only listened to Mika and didnt know his band. But when i watch old vids i can surely say i like David much more (no offence if someone disagree, it is only my feeling).

And Sunshine associates for me only with something light and warm.

I wasnt at mfc in Luke times, previously i only listened to Mika and didnt know his band. But when i watch old vids i can surely say i like David much more (no offence if someone disagree, it is only my feeling).

I think at first, it was hard to get used to Sunshine. Some of the songs didn't sound the same as when Luke was playing them. But he now fits in with the rest of the band very well. I really like him now & he has sings very well too :wub2:

i think i have come to the conclusion that we never know what Mika will do next when it comes to his band. who knows if any of them will be on the next tour. :dunno:

i think when he first joined Mika, we didn't know his name. someone called him "sunshine" and it stuck. the blond hair may have had something to do with it also :naughty:

We knew his name before he had officially joined Mika. We called him Sunshine because he was always so chirpy and in your face.

I like him now though.

We knew his name before he had officially joined Mika. We called him Sunshine because he was always so chirpy and in your face.

I like him now though.

i stand corrected. then i didn't know his name til he joined mika's band :teehee:

i remember his poor wife having a baby while he was playing in france. :aah:

i stand corrected. then i didn't know his name til he joined mika's band :teehee:

i remember his poor wife having a baby while he was playing in france. :aah:

Guylaine...Forgive for my intrusion, whose wife and the child?

David had a baby in the summer of 2008 with his girlfriend. I don't think they are married.

My memory is not very good). Like, in Myspace of Mika's blog it was mentioned a birth of someone's child... Well) Thank you Christine!!!

They are talking 'bout the newborn baby here--

[YouTube]EIv0D9R6cgs[/YouTube]

David uses a picture of the baby instead of himself on Myspace

yes yes!!!

Thank you Alice!!! It is!!

:wub2::wub2::wub2:

:naughty: i was giving the short/condensed version of why

True, but I wanted to say the whole lot :teehee:

This thread is for David :naughty:

I have liked David since he was in the school boy scene. He did a good job, and I guess he saw people loved him, and he has been more relaxed and smiling after it.

And when I saw the vids from Live@Home I thought he was brilliant, and this Magic Points gig was a very similar situation (though it was not as planned :teehee:) and he was really good, I was very impressed :wub2: Very well done.

Ooooh, how true!

There is a truly great rapport between David and Mika which really shows. He's also a great pianist!

A very talented boy, he is!

I like Luke (he is a very talented pianist, and he's an all round nice bloke), but I definitely love David... The only person that I love more is Martin...

I think at first, it was hard to get used to Sunshine. Some of the songs didn't sound the same as when Luke was playing them. But he now fits in with the rest of the band very well. I really like him now & he has sings very well too :wub2:

i think i have come to the conclusion that we never know what Mika will do next when it comes to his band. who knows if any of them will be on the next tour. :dunno:

Very true... and I think it's great that people are starting to like him now...

I like him now though.

There we go, I didn't think I had it completely right either... But good to know that you like him now.. .

I like to watch DAVID in this MIKA VLOG:

[YouTube]87IioaNNAFs[/YouTube]

That's so cute! I think he looks so adorable in that...

Yes, David, marry Nico!

Yay! Someone else thinks he should marry me!

Anyone else?

They are talking 'bout the newborn baby here--

[YouTube]EIv0D9R6cgs[/YouTube]

David uses a picture of the baby instead of himself on Myspace

OMG, I've never seen that! He sounds so tired (but his accent sound really hot), and the look on Mika's face just before you see the trousers... Ooooh, hot! :das:

I still not sure what to think of the trousers...

• 2 months later...
David put his album " Best Foot Forward " on his facebook. It´s absolutely great!

Do you have the link please ? I don't find it (may be too tired tonight :boxed:)

Jimmy also posted it on Twitter, and since he asked so kindly I figured we could post it here as well. :naughty:

I really like this stuff! All I Want Is You has a really cool, ethereal vibe to it. Nice work, Sunshine. :punk:

Jimmy also posted it on Twitter, and since he asked so kindly I figured we could post it here as well. :naughty:

I really like this stuff! All I Want Is You has a really cool, ethereal vibe to it. Nice work, Sunshine. :punk:

Oooh yeah, All I Want Is You is pretty cool... I love Big Mouth, tis awesome! And Eggshells... I want to download it all now!

Thanks for the link :wink2: