How often do you listen to LICM?

How often do you listen to LICM?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you listen to LICM?

• At least every two or three days, if not close to every day
    • About once a week
    • Maybe a few times per month
    • It's been more than two months since I listened to LICM
    • It's been a while since I listened to the CD, but I still listen to a lot of live recordings

I listen to it almost every other day and I still havent decided which song is my fave, i love listening to the whole album. I guess my top 3 at the moment are Any Other World, Love Today and Over My Shoulder:wub2:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The album version doesn't do it for me any more I listen more to the live recordings.

But I've come to the point I recognise every little sound on them, every comment by the person who recorded it:naughty: and even the audience surrounding her, it’s fun of course but I could really do with a new album!:thumb_yello:

Mika, hurry up please, what is taking you so long???:boing:

:pbjt::pbjt::pbjt:

I don't listen to the CD that much anymore, but i listen to the songs seperately, I'd rather listen to a few songs and like, give them my full attention, instead of all of them, and hardly take notice.

I love the demo's, my favourite song isn't on the actual cd, but its on one of the singles so im happy =]

And i love, HMDYLM and Rain, i love Rain to pieces, i just, love it.

• 1 month later...

Sometimes when Mika, especially LICM, comes on my mp3 player I skip him :blush-anim-cl: But that's mostly because his overly-happy-sounding music doesn't coincide with my mood of "public transport sucks, please stop drooling on me random person, I wish I was still at home in my bed".

:floor:

i know that feeling

I have differences about a song...I can't listen to it, though it's really great, I know it...but

I CAN'T stand it, I mean it. I get very very uncomfortable, it's as if it reminds me something thraumatic or kind of...So I avoid it, and when I can't, I pretend not to think it's a Mika song...I dunno why it happens but it's the same since august 2007

I didn't use to like My Interpretation, but I tolerate it now :biggrin2:

So I guess not everybody always love his songs, or always feel the same about them...most of us have ups and downs, or things we can't deal with the proper way about Mika, like happened to me :(

• 9 months later...
The album version doesn't do it for me any more I listen more to the live recordings.

But I've come to the point I recognise every little sound on them, every comment by the person who recorded it:naughty: and even the audience surrounding her, it’s fun of course but I could really do with a new album!:thumb_yello:

Mika, hurry up please, what is taking you so long???:boing:

:pbjt::pbjt::pbjt:

....:roftl:

When you posted this he did not even start writing the songs it seems:naughty:

....only bumped this as I wonder if you still listen to LICM now and then..

Funnily enough I started to re-listen to LICM whever I am away on a trip and in a car - in a way it sounds different or I just take it differently .... Nowadays I am kind of analysing how it was 'put together'....

:teehee:

But I still love it, of course:blush-anim-cl:

I still listen to LICM, probably about once a fortnight, and I listen to SFS, usually before or after LICM.

I go onto Youtube each day (mostly) and watch his performances. My favourites atm are WAG, live from iTunes, and Doctor John from iTunes, which I absolutely LOVE!!! I watch the WAG video too, and my husband calls it "The Pants Dance Video."

Well, like with pretty much everything else these days, I only listen to it when my mp3 player offers it to me, as I always have it operating on shuffle mode. I think it's more interesting that way. Yet I have to say I don't get Mika often on my daily average two hours listening to music. Which obviously means that there is too much other crap. Or there's not enough Mika yet. :roftl:

one time i played it for 11hours :naughty: helps with the cleaning well thats what i tell myself :teehee: but alot of the time the kids push play and mika just comes on. but when that happens i only hear the 1st 2nd 3rd song as the kids push something and it just starts to play again. :sneaky2: now that gives me the hump :mf_rosetinted:

My favourites atm are WAG, live from iTunes, and Doctor John from iTunes, which I absolutely LOVE!!! I watch the WAG video too

Gosh, I feel such a bad fan..

1., I haven't listened to Dr John since the concert (It was so catchy it stuck inot my head immediately and I could sing you the chorus just after one listen):teehee:

2., I hardly ever re-watch videos or performances from him on YT yet I tend to remeber even what he said in which interview...:blush-anim-cl:

Yet I have to say I don't get Mika often on my daily average two hours listening to music. Which obviously means that there is too much other crap. Or there's not enough Mika yet. :roftl:

My everyday listening to music means me listening to anything I can think of searching for on YT - half of the time it is something classical, to which I like working to ...:teehee:

At the weekends I usually listen to other artists, too, but sometimes I treat myself to Queen or Mika:blush-anim-cl:

....:roftl:

When you posted this he did not even start writing the songs it seems:naughty:

....only bumped this as I wonder if you still listen to LICM now and then..

Funnily enough I started to re-listen to LICM whever I am away on a trip and in a car - in a way it sounds different or I just take it differently .... Nowadays I am kind of analysing how it was 'put together'....

:teehee:

But I still love it, of course:blush-anim-cl:

I checked and it's nearly a year :shocked: since a made that post and still no new album!:naughty:

When it comes to the album I actually don't listen to it anymore, I have focused on the new songs, Songs for Sorrow of course and the live recordings from the other new ones.

But there is one exception, SITM! :wub2::blush-anim-cl: Some way I don't think I will ever get enough of that song or be tired of it, but what I do is to collect as many different recordings as possible, some of them are big favourites for example the one from the LA gig in April this year!:mf_lustslow:

one time i played it for 11hours :naughty: helps with the cleaning well thats what i tell myself :teehee: but alot of the time the kids push play and mika just comes on. but when that happens i only hear the 1st 2nd 3rd song as the kids push something and it just starts to play again. :sneaky2: now that gives me the hump :mf_rosetinted:

:biggrin2: that's cute!

Only song I listen to now is WAG.

I need to put LICM to bed for a long time so I can enjoy it again.

I don't want to listen to any more live songs or old tracks or snippets of new songs. Just waiting for the whole album and will keep listening to WAG in the meantime. :biggrin2:

I listen to LICM songs every day, but mostly acoustic and/or live versions. Like Sienna, I try to also find as many good live versions of my favorites as I can. I guess Love Today is all time favorite. Lady Jane and Dr John are my favorites of new songs :wub2:

Well I've owned it over two and a half years and I don't listen to it much right now. But then I am not listening to many cds right now. And it's been out a long time.

Probably just getting the occasional fix from gigs.

It sounds better if you haven't heard it for a while anyway, IMO.

I don't need to be brainwashed into liking Mika.:wink2:

Edited by babspanky