Hello! I'm a new member!

mark0495

Hello, I'm Mark0495.

I'm 13 years old, and I'm at school in The Netherlands in the second grade Bilingual Education, which means I get more than half of the lessons in English, and the rest in Dutch.

Anyway, I discovered MIKA when he just released Relax (Take It Easy). I first thought this song was very annoying, but you know what happens; first you think O NOOO! NOT THAT SONG AGAIN! (especially when a classmate tries to "cover" it while his voice is quite low :bleh:), then, you think, well it's such a popular song and I have only heard low-quality versions coming out of mobile phone speakers and in which the backing music was louder than the voice of MIKA himself. I put it onto my MP3 player and listened it about once per week. But once per week became once per day, and once per day became multiple times a day, and after that I became FREAKIN' ADDICTED TO THIS SONG! I decided to get his other single too (at that time Grace Kelly). A few weeks later, I just put his whole album on my MP3, to which I got so addicted to that I just HAD to buy his album. Well, then I listened it so often that I drove my parents and sisters CRAZY!

After buying the album, Live in Cartoon Motion and Live at Parc des Princes (last Saturday :punk:) followed. I even bought the sheet music: my collection is complete... for now. I was even so crazy about MIKA's music, that I ripped all the DVDs into mp3 files! :shocked: And because I use Linux, I had to find a way to rip them to DVDs while being in command line, for there are no graphical programmes for that, actually. Poor me, my fingers are still tired of the typing of all that lines!

My MIKA obsession has even grown so big that his music is, along with Coldplay's Viva la Vida or Death And All His Friends, the only music on my MP3 player. And that means quite much!

Mark0495

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But it came out today! Well, your collection is more complete than mine then
(Sorry! I didn't know how to quote :roftl: )

In the Netherlands, the DVD was already out the 7th of november :naughty:.

i've seen you posting in the PDP dvd review thread...and i''d never thought you were so young!

:roftl::roftl::roftl: LOL. Never too young for MIKA, I guess! :wink2:

Thank you all for your welcomes! I think this is the kindest forum I have ever been on :roll1:

Edited by mark0495
I know how to quote now!!! :D

Hello, I'm Mark0495.

I'm 13 years old, and I'm at school in The Netherlands in the second grade Bilingual Education, which means I get more than half of the lessons in English, and the rest in Dutch.

Anyway, I discovered MIKA when he just released Relax (Take It Easy). I first thought this song was very annoying, but you know what happens; first you think O NOOO! NOT THAT SONG AGAIN! (especially when a classmate tries to "cover" it while his voice is quite low :bleh:), then, you think, well it's such a popular song and I have only heard low-quality versions coming out of mobile phone speakers and in which the backing music was louder than the voice of MIKA himself. I put it onto my MP3 player and listened it about once per week. But once per week became once per day, and once per day became multiple times a day, and after that I became FREAKIN' ADDICTED TO THIS SONG! I decided to get his other single too (at that time Grace Kelly). A few weeks later, I just put his whole album on my MP3, to which I got so addicted to that I just HAD to buy his album. Well, then I listened it so often that I drove my parents and sisters CRAZY!

After buying the album, Live in Cartoon Motion and Live at Parc des Princes (last Saturday :punk:) followed. I even bought the sheet music: my collection is complete... for now. I was even so crazy about MIKA's music, that I ripped all the DVDs into mp3 files! :shocked: And because I use Linux, I had to find a way to rip them to DVDs while being in command line, for there are no graphical programmes for that, actually. Poor me, my fingers are still tired of the typing of all that lines!

My MIKA obsession has even grown so big that his music is, along with Coldplay's Viva la Vida or Death And All His Friends, the only music on my MP3 player. And that means quite much!

Mark0495

Hey Mark! A new dutchie around:thumb_yello:

There is a special Dutch Thread, for the times you like to chat in dutch.

Really cool: a Bilingual school! My daughter is almost 13 and also in 2nd grade, she would like very much to speak more english at school!

Enfin: welcome at the MFC and have fun here:punk:

(Sorry! I didn't know how to quote :roftl: )

In the Netherlands, the DVD was already out the 7th of november :naughty:.

:shocked::shocked: I have obviously not been paying much attention around here lately :naughty:

It's not released here yet :no:

(And an easier way to quote - press the MQ button next to all the posts you want to quote :thumb_yello:)