awesome awesome awesome! :boing:

Funny, I 1st read "Songs for Sorrow" as "Sing for sorrow" because im so used to "Sing The Sorrow" which is an album by my fave band....its already confusing me! :blink: But im excited! :arf2: I'll get used to saying "Songs for Sorrow" soon!

It's already been said, but really, what he did in LA is not acoustic. I hope his tour is in fact acoustic and he performs proper acoustic versions of these songs, but I don't know.

The Roxy is just a bar and this gig was thrown together in less than a week so I don't think it's exactly what Mika has in mind for his beautiful little theatres around the world he's been dreaming about for a year.

I have to say though I think a studio version of Toy Boy is going to ruin the magic, as it was all down to his quiet performance and the audience reaction. I'm looking forward to Blame it on the Girls much more as I think all the bells and whistles are going to take it to a whole other level.

There's no reason to think you won't be able to get these songs from other countries. Just relax. :naughty:

Who was it that said that? John?

I really liked the produced (what is the opposite of accoustic) version of toy boy on the vlog. I'm looking forward to it.

Didn't Radio 1 playlist Relax back in 2006 before anyone else?

I smell a Jo Whiley Record of the Week in the near future. I can just hear Jo's voice: "and here is Mika with what's sure to be a summer smash, 'Blame It On The Girls."

:wub2:

May 25th is a Monday. Music is very, very rarely released on a Monday in North America. I'm just sayin'.

But, to be honest, I'll be shocked if this thing will ever be available with physical copies in Canadian record stores. The Americans might fare better, with their Virgin Megastores.

Come on, Mika. Prove me wrong. :mf_rosetinted:

Haven't Virgin Megastores gone out of business there? They have here. Is it gonne be Blame it on the girls that gets a video then?

Am off to work now but just wanted to say :woot_jump::woot_jump:

Haven't bought Q magazine for years .... nice excuse too then .... :wub2:

:yay:

Yeah-and not often I'm awake in time to catch you in hte morning- bugger insomnia

ya i am sooo excited for this album thanks for the news :) just out of curiousity how do you guys find all this stuff out? I'm new at this and only know about this website and mikasounds.com, are there any other ones i should be looking at?

No, we are the place to look. :thumb_yello:

Freddie happened to buy a copy of the magazine and posted it here as soon as he read the article.

If it's out there, someone on MFC will find it. Poor Mika has learned the hard way. :naughty:

Who was it that said that? John?

If I recall correctly he said that he found out about the gig on Thursday - so 6 days prior. :shocked::naughty:

2) Did I read correctly that we think it's just going to be released only in the UK a couple of pages back? Ughhhh... Does anyone else have a more optimistic opinion about this?

Yes :thumb_yello: I mean, I have no inside information, I just am

more optimistic about it!

But is it true that mika is releasing tour dates next week?

As someone else said, I think all his tweet said was that

he was firming the summer dates up, and would launch the website next

week. So... who knows?

I smell a Jo Whiley Record of the Week in the near future. I can just hear Jo's voice: "and here is Mika with what's sure to be a summer smash, 'Blame It On The Girls."

I would love that! When I posted a link to that video on Facebook someone

made a snarky comment about my musical taste, and I said, "Hey, mock

me now, but when your daughter is humming that tune this summer and

it's sitting at #1 in the charts, you'll realize that I have my finger on the

pulse of pop culture!" Mika is that pulse! :wub2:

May 25th is a Monday. Music is very, very rarely released on a Monday in North America. I'm just sayin'.

Yeah, it's Tuesdays here in the States, for CDs and DVDs.

But, to be honest, I'll be shocked if this thing will ever be available with physical copies in Canadian record stores. The Americans might fare better, with their Virgin Megastores.

As I think someone else already said, all the Virgin Megastores are

closed now -- end of March, I guess, which is a shame. :(

So I'm not sure where we might get physical copies -- all the true

"record stores" are pretty much gone, and I don't think I've seen an

EP at Target or Best Buy... Maybe we'll be able to get it

through Amazon... or eBay.

ya i am sooo excited for this album thanks for the news :) just out of curiousity how do you guys find all this stuff out? I'm new at this and only know about this website and mikasounds.com, are there any other ones i should be looking at?

No, this is THE site! :thumb_yello::naughty:

Seriously, especially for an English speaker, this is probably the best

place to find out about everything relating to Mika, and then some. :wink2:

:roftl:He does look like mickey mouse! haha you can tell i did that pic in paint,:blush-anim-cl: i should really learn photoshop!

Photoshop's overrrated (says the person who has no idea how to use photoshop)...

2) Did I read correctly that we think it's just going to be released only in the UK a couple of pages back? Ughhhh... Does anyone else have a more optimistic opinion about this?

I expect it to be released all over Europe and North America, but I'm not holding out hope for Oz...

Here music is usually released on Saturdays... weird, but anyways...

I'd be shocked if I could get a physical copy here... it was hard enough getting a copy of the PdP DVD...

Um ... YAY! :biggrin2:

Although, I can't help but point out that he clearly says he didn't start the album until after June, but cancelled coming to Australia with the excuse of "recording commitments" :sneaky2:

Sneaky b*****d :sneaky2:

He lied to us!!!

*calms down*

But still, yay!

OK. as this EP will probably be impossible to get hold of in NZ, i'm setting up a google alert for lots of auction and music sites for this EP. i'm keeping in the knoooooww...

Good idea... I can't be bothered doing that sort of stuff... I'll check Amazon soon...

Or France.

Or Oz (specifically Melbourne)... yes I know there's no Disney here, but there is Luna Park, and he stole the big smiley face from there for the backdrop for PdP...

I agree:thumb_yello: I'd like this not to be acoustic and I don't think it'll be acoustic.

I'm hoping not... especially since I hate Rain as an acoustic song..

Erm :wub2: maybe it was pillow talk.

:roftl:

WHAT???

:shocked:

:das:

This was like a punch in the face at the first hour in the morning...:boxed:

I just woke up dreaming that I was listening to that radio and a guy was just announcing that Mika will release his second album pretty soon and now to find this...OMG I don't think I can handle it...it's all going too quickly!!! It is soooo amazing...it's like a rollercoaster...yesterday the announcement of the new website, today the EP, THE EP i have blamed him for not realeasing and called him a teaser and a liar for having us waiting in vain, but he's making up greatly!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my gosh I so love him but I want to hear it from him...:wub2:

Mika moved into rocket Carousel in September 2008, turning an album's worth of demos into a polished tracks with Life In Cartoon Motion producer Greg Wells.The duo clearly had grand designs:Blame It On The Girls has cubian pianos and a swaggering,hip-hop production,while We Are Golden Bolts the Andrae Crouch (wgo sang Madonna's Like A Prayer) to a Pink Floyd inspired groove.

That is just grand, i simply can't wait for the album, :thumb_yello::punk: