MIKA @ Sadlers Wells, London - June 8 2009 - Gig Reports, Photos & Videos

Blue Sky

Re Stage Invading: Relaxxxxxx! Woahhh guys. :shocked:

A short woman hugged Mika without asking. Definitely a lawsuit waiting to happen. We should probably make a rule that no one is ever allowed within a 4 metre radius of him from now on, you have to throw your cds/sharpies at him to sign, wrapped in bubble wrap, of course.

Mika motioned for Aurelien (I can't spell) to come on stage, if he didn't want a stage invasion he should have said no. If he didn't want that many people on stage he should have told people to stop. And if he didn't want to be touched by strangers then he shouldn't have become a popstar and invite people who are starstruck by him to go crazy with him in a confined space. People weren't crowding or cornering him, he walked directly to the back to go on the piano of his own accord. Yes, there was too many people on stage, but that was Mika's fault. Sorry. He can't expect people who want to go on stage when he's told them they could to decide "no, there's too many people on there, I'll just stay here so it's not crowded" and he could easily have said "that's enough now". Yes, he was pissed off and uncomfortable pushing through the crowd, and by crazy-woman hugging him, but he's the one who let them all on stage so that's his own fault (crazy woman not, but well, she's exempt because I'm sure if she saw him randomly on the street she'd do the exact same and what are you going to do about it? She's obviously inherently crazy :dunno:)

It drives me crazy how everyone always over analyses and tries to regulate everything. If Mika doesn't like stage invasions or thinks they are dangerous or his safety is at risk or he can't afford a lawsuit (ridiculous issue btw), then why does he HAVE stage invasions all the freaking time?

When I watch that video I see everyone having the time of their lives, a dancing crocodile and a kangaroo jumping across the stage, a humorous crazy lady and a slightly awkward/annoyed Mika, of which I don't understand why he is acting like that because he brought it on himself.

I disagree. I mean, sure, he can have some seated shows in nice venues every now and then, like this, like nice acoustic shows, that's nice. But if he only did seated venues then I would probably not go :naughty: Boring and awkward. I looove being squashed in a sea of people who are equally enjoying the music, jumping/dancing as a group and just ... yes, that's awesome. Sitting in a chair or standing up, while getting weird looks from the people still sitting, and having everyone be able to clearly see your dancing/bopping. Yuck. And like Dazzle, just because you didn't buy tickets the exact second they came out doesn't mean you don't love the music and want to go there to really enjoy it, and it's kind of unfair.

Thank you! This is exactly how I feel about what happened yesterday with the stage invasion.

It's risky when you invite people on stage, some will be respectful and some will poke him on his legs constantly while he's singing on the piano trying to make him look their way in order to take a photo of him (girl with black hair standing next to me on the left side, I had to restrain myself from starting to poke her).

Also, I don't agree with the 'people sometimes behave like this cause they're caught in the moment, they're going crazy cause Mika is so close' statements. You're either the kind of person who will give him some space and respect or you're gonna run and hug him the moment you have the opportunity.

I LOVED the stage invasion. For me it was a perfect ending of a perfect gig. I don't regret doing it but if I hear Mika saying he's done with invasions my feet ain't gonna touch the stage. Nevermore :naughty:

And about seated venues. They can be as much fan as the standing ones. It only depends on you.

I wasn't lucky with the London presale, ended up in the 5th row, most of the people there weren't very enthusiastic and yet I've never had that much fun on a Mika gig before. And surprisingly it was never awkward for me with standing/seating/dancing/jumping. It was just :wub2:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you! This is exactly how I feel about what happened yesterday with the stage invasion.

It's risky when you invite people on stage, some will be respectful and some will poke him on his legs constantly while he's singing on the piano trying to make him look their way in order to take a photo of him (girl with black hair standing next to me on the left side, I had to restrain myself from starting to poke her).

Also, I don't agree with the 'people sometimes behave like this cause they're caught in the moment, they're going crazy cause Mika is so close' statements. You're either the kind of person who will give him some space and respect or you're gonna run and hug him the moment you have the opportunity.

I LOVED the stage invasion. For me it was a perfect ending of a perfect gig. I don't regret doing it but if I hear Mika saying he's done with invasions my feet ain't gonna touch the stage. Nevermore :naughty:

And about seated venues. They can be as much fan as the standing ones. It only depends on you.

I wasn't lucky with the London presale, ended up in the 5th row, most of the people there weren't very enthusiastic and yet I've never had that much fun on a Mika gig before. And surprisingly it was never awkward for me with standing/seating/dancing/jumping. It was just :wub2:

I dont regret it either :naughty::teehee:

I grabbed life by the balls lastnight :roftl:

I disagree. I mean, sure, he can have some seated shows in nice venues every now and then, like this, like nice acoustic shows, that's nice. But if he only did seated venues then I would probably not go :naughty: Boring and awkward. I looove being squashed in a sea of people who are equally enjoying the music, jumping/dancing as a group and just ... yes, that's awesome. Sitting in a chair or standing up, while getting weird looks from the people still sitting, and having everyone be able to clearly see your dancing/bopping. Yuck. And like Dazzle, just because you didn't buy tickets the exact second they came out doesn't mean you don't love the music and want to go there to really enjoy it, and it's kind of unfair.

Unfair to who exactly? Everyone knows that when tickets go on sale for a popular artist, they sell out immediately, so the big fans either stay tuned about presales/sales and take their chance when they happen, or make sure that someone does it for them.

If you are buying tickets for say, The Killers, you have to snap them up when they go on sale as they will sell out within 10 minutes. That is the way things go. And that is the way this went: people who got there first, got the best seats.

Now, to turn the argument around, I'd like to say that certain people who on this occasion managed good spots at the front would have never done so if this had been a standing GA venue, because of their physical limiations to queue up and run for the front. How is this fairer?

Oh, and not to mention the fact that anyone who needs to work for a living (most of us) or can't have the luxury of taking the whole day off just to kill some time on a pavement will definitely end up at the back. How is this fair again? :wink2: It all depends on the approach that we take and where we look at it from, but on the whole, I personally find the allocated seating option by far the best.

Also, I doubt that anyone can say that these gigs are not being vibey, and in my opinion they are being as vibey and exciting as the regular standing ones that we had before, just that we have the same good stuff minus the stress and tiredness and associated crap of queuing since early morning in the cold, without food, drink, toilets, etc, etc...

I also dare to say that if Daz now had to queue for over 12 hours in order to secure a front row spot at a standing Mika gig, he'd quickly change his opinion on this.

What was it like to be under the same roof as Mr. May? :teehee::wub2:

UN REAL ... took the wind totally out of me

By the time I got to the bar (fastly walking behind him) there was maybe one person taking to him , I looked from afar frozen to the ground then he left...

What an amazing man :wub2:

By the time I got to the bar (fastly walking behind him) there was maybe one person taking to him , I looked from afar frozen to the ground then he left...

Freddie is starstruck:roftl:

Thank you :wub2:, that is exactly what I think too.

The whole seated vs standing gig issue rages on!

From all the gigs I've been to, whichever it's been, you always get the people who want to dance, up near the front, and the ones that don't from the middle to the back.

What makes me laugh, is the people who don't want to dance looking distainfully at the ones that do!

I never have a problem with people standing up and dancing in front of me, my only problem is how tall they are, and having my view of the stage totally blocked, otherwise I'm good.

I have said from day one stage invasions aren't a good idea. Okay these intial ones have been so far incident free, but with this woman doing what she did, and it being all over YT, others will think it's okay to do it, and it escalates. And no I'm not being dramatical, this woman, okay maybe she just got a bit excitable. But the next one might be more excitable, and if more excitable people like that get on the stage, the more chances there are of him getting hurt, and possibly some MFCers too if they try to help him.

It's a slipperly slope, which Mika really should avoid.

just that we have the same good stuff minus the stress and tiredness and associated crap of queuing since early morning in the cold, without food, drink, toilets, etc, etc...

I also dare to say that if Daz now had to queue for over 12 hours in order to secure a front row spot at a standing Mika gig, he'd quickly change his opinion on this.

Just because I am sooooo freaking tired of this whole debate, I just wanna mention that these long hours of queuing are sthg we inflict ourselves. Apart from MFCers, there is NOONE queuing before let's say 4-5PM. And yes, I disagree with the allocated seating procedure, and am glad they didn't do it for Brussels. Especially when you buy ticks with blindfolds on and don't know where you will end up. That's just silly. No system is fair, however, and there will always be people to complain, because face it, Mika fans are never happy with what they get.

/rant over.

:mf_rosetinted::naughty:

Mika wearing the blue shoes last night, I love 'em!

Getting some eye contact from the stage, I thought I read somewhere, at other shows he just seemed to be looking upwards. Not last night, the whole front row got plenty of eye contact!

I still hate every kind of shoes of that kind LMAO but it's ok, it's probably only me. :naughty:

the eye contact thing for front row came also in milano, rose.

and I'm so glad you'd such a special one gig! :wub2:

The M&G

And of course some people who hadn't been in the queue at all managed to get themselves at the front when Mika came along the line :

oh, where did I hear this before..? milano maybe..? :sneaky2:

Hahahaha, well perhaps our very own Mrs. Fluffington should steal Andy's job::

esp. andy hardly was seen with a camera in milano.. :fisch:

mika even pointed out he was filming his own blog by himself.. god knows what's the result: he was filming his own closeup and a panoramic view over fans but keeping the camera too high IMO..:blink: panoramic view of milano buildings.. :naughty:

Just poppin in to say that is was the BEST Mika gig iv been too!!! AMAZIN!!!! everything seems to have been said already but i wanted to add how great it was too meet up with everyone, its been too long!!! I can hardly talk and im soooo tired, only just got home i will upload my pics 2mr!!!

glad you had a good time, tia. :wub2:

it's very nice to hear everyone's reports, keep them coming.

HELLO YOU B-E-A-UUUUUTIFUL PEOPLE!!!!!!

Full gig report coming shortly!!!

Cazzz...victory at last?:naughty:

mika even pointed out he was filming his own blog by himself.. god knows what's the result: he was filming his own closeup and a panoramic view over fans but keeping the camera too high IMO..:blink: panoramic view of milano buildings.. :naughty:

Some things...technology being one of them...should never be left in the hands of Mika Penniman.:mf_rosetinted:

I can imagine... :wub2:

I don't know what my reaction would be, but probably something like that too! :blush-anim-cl:

Gotta love him!

hi guys,:mf_rosetinted:

i haven't read the whole thread but I get the feeling some people are not too happy about the stage invasion..

I spoke to Mika after the gig and we rapidly mentioned the stage climbing and he said it was fun and that it was cool I got up after he made a sign!

It was amazing to meet you all and spend time, till next time!:thumb_yello:

Cazzz...victory at last?:naughty:

FOOKIN' EPIC!!!!!!

I assume my facebook notes where posted on here? :blink: I haven't read the whole thread(s). Once my pics are uploaded onto Facebook, I'll start my report!!! SO MUCH TO SAY!!!

I still hate every kind of shoes of that kind LMAO but it's ok, it's probably only me. :naughty:

the eye contact thing for front row came also in milano, rose.

and I'm so glad you'd such a special one gig! :wub2:

oh, where did I hear this before..? milano maybe..? :sneaky2:

glad you had a good time, tia. :wub2:

it's very nice to hear everyone's reports, keep them coming.

So what is going on with Andy then?

He only seems to be filming the shows and taking pictures now. And last night, he was barely talking at all!

I got one hello before he ran off after the show, and while we queued for the M&G a shy wave!

Not his usual chatty self at all!

Just because I am sooooo freaking tired of this whole debate, I just wanna mention that these long hours of queuing are sthg we inflict ourselves. Apart from MFCers, there is NOONE queuing before let's say 4-5PM. And yes, I disagree with the allocated seating procedure, and am glad they didn't do it for Brussels. Especially when you buy ticks with blindfolds on and don't know where you will end up. That's just silly. No system is fair, however, and there will always be people to complain, because face it, Mika fans are never happy with what they get.

/rant over.

I have to agree with sara on this. it's been VERY good to be front row starting to queue a but before 11am, going to lunch, being around the entrance all the time, yes, but not in the oh-god-i-cannot-move-or-they'll-steal-my-place kinda way, like for the old gigs.

the theatre was super nice and they even let us toilet (VERY nice ones) all throughout the day.

unbelievable for what i'm used to.

I KNOW this was a special type of gig, with just 500 (full packed theatre) seats, and one of last times I saw mika he was playing for over 50000 (!), so o.c. the comparison cannot be made.

BUT it was a bearable and pleasant day.

I got some backache (I'm old, I know:mf_rosetinted:) in the end for the queuing for collecting the tick, but it was all well organised and convenient.

it made me wonder what I'd do now with the old type of gig.

I care RATHER much to see our boy live again asap, so I'll probably agree to conditions even if they are of the old kind -do not misunderstand me- but now that we tried, I cannot say I didn't like it this way.

hi guys,:mf_rosetinted:

i haven't read the whole thread but I get the feeling some people are not too happy about the stage invasion..

I spoke to Mika after the gig and we rapidly mentioned the stage climbing and he said it was fun and that it was cool I got up after he made a sign!

It was amazing to meet you all and spend time, till next time!:thumb_yello:

I think the stage invasion itself wasn't the issue. Just the woman jumping on him:blink:

FOOKIN' EPIC!!!!!!

I assume my facebook notes where posted on here? :blink: I haven't read the whole thread(s). Once my pics are uploaded onto Facebook, I'll start my report!!! SO MUCH TO SAY!!!

I'm not sure, I just heard from Mana you finally met him and most likely was in coma:roftl:

Unfair to who exactly?

Unfair to people who don't check MFC/mikasounds/twitter every day, people who don't come on the internet every day, people who have a life outside of MFC (not me :naughty:), people who's internet connection is slow, people who are at work or school when the tickets go on sale, younger fans who have to get their parent's permission or get their parents to buy the tickets.

Who's able to click on the buy button the fastest doesn't equal who wants to see the artist the most. Neither does who's able to stand in line longest, of course. But I wasn't saying it's not nice to have some seated shows, just that no more GA shows ever and only seated shows from now on would suck.

I don't know Daz at all, I never heard of him before today, but I'm willing to bet he wouldn't want to be front row anyway, he'd be more of a 5th row kind of person, which is actually where the best vibe is, and to be there you don't have to turn up early at all :dunno:

Oh I meant to mention that poking girl too! Ohmygosh. There is actually something mentally wrong with people like that, some kind of social-disability. How rude that person must be to interact with in real life. But as retarded as it is, poking aint going to injure anyone.

/rant over.

Yes, we know that, but in fact nobody is willing to stop going earlier and earlier, so the reality of the situation won't change, and it is what we have.

In Milan, there were no allocated seats, so people were queuing from 8 am. If one had turned up at 4-5 pm, they would have ended up quite far towards the back. This is where the allocated seating is a blessing, as anyone who bought tix for the allocated seats can vouch for.

The one thing that I agree with you on is that this ticketing system was a shambles, as in the good ones (ie, ticketmaster) you know which seats you are getting at the time of purchase.

He only seems to be filming the shows and taking pictures now. And last night, he was barely talking at all!

I got one hello before he ran off after the show, and while we queued for the M&G a shy wave!

I'm sorry he didn't greet you in the old way, rose. I know how much you cared. :boxed:

I didn' see him filming the show in milano, but he could have been behind me. he was going around with mrs p before show.

in milano, I was sitting front row, waiting for the opening act to be on, lights still on. he walked past me smiled broadly and said hi. I was surprised he still remembered me. :teehee:

He was very chatty to me! All shall be unveiled SOON!

Helloo Everyone finally back home and in the middle of making dinner....

But to cut it Brief the Gig was AMAAZZZZING!!!! im just on a bit of a downer right now coming to terms with not having another mika fix for a few months :wink2:

Annyywayy after the concert to me seemed a bit confusing one minute we were all chatting in the foyer then everyone from the mfc dissapeared :roftl:

We went outside and found everyone queing up so we joined the end...

everyone seemed to be edging into the road to get a better view but security pushed everyone back.....

I got my poster signed and Dominic wont stop going on about Mika shaking his had nice to meet you etc etc etc :roftl::roftl:

He wants to join the mfc now...i dont think he realises what he is getting into :teehee:

Worse than me the first time i met Mika

Have just been to Ikea to get a frame to put the poster in now i just have to decide where to put it :blush-anim-cl:

It was great to meet all Mfcer's new and old even though i didnt really get to chat to everyone.

Seeing everyone that i havent seen for well over a year brings back sooo many memories from past gigs ...sigh....memories