So you've been wondering why Mika doesn't twit?

Maybe we should thank twit repplies such as these...:(

@mikasounds On behalf of my friend, why did you say no when she asked for an autograph? Show some gratitude to your fans,who made you famous

about 17 hours ago from web · Reply

Nahce, uh?

:sneaky2::sneaky2:

Doesn't sound like a real fan to me. At the Dutch tv show I wanted to ask him something as well, but he said he really had to go so I just say ok, next time. Last thing that came up in my mind was to attack him about that on Twitter:sneaky2:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mika is not obliged to show gratitude to fans. They pay for albums and gig tickets and he puts his whole heart into every single show. So if there is any imbalance, it's for sure not about Mika not delivering. Shouting lack of gratitude may backfire here.

Mika is not obliged to show gratitude to fans. They pay for albums and gig tickets and he puts his whole heart into every single show. So if there is any imbalance, it's for sure not about Mika not delivering. Shouting lack of gratitude may backfire here.

I couldn't agree more.

@mikasounds On behalf of my friend, why did you say no when she asked for an autograph? Show some gratitude to your fans,who made you famous

about 17 hours ago from web · Reply

Nahce, uh?

:sneaky2::sneaky2:

:shocked:

So that's the tweet some people were referring to on twitter....

I was wondering, so I came to check here...

People are far ruder to Mika every day on Twitter unfortunately. It really doesn't surprise me that he feels the need to get away from it. It's a shame but I have been predicting this for months. The only surprising thing is that it didn't happen a long time ago.

I always thought he only read tweets when he himself posted one and then he'd read the replies...

I hope so, anyway. Why would he torture himself? He must know better ways to get feedback from real fans....:cool:

Of course you all might be right and he was reading all these malicious tweets and simply got fed up ... and that would be really really sad :emot-sad:

But I still hope that he simply decided to have a proper rest, concentrate on his forthcoming projects and put aside everything else...

You should send a tweet back to them, telling them he's always giving out autographs, and he must have had a good reason for not doing so.

I saw that tweet last night too and replied to her ... she never said anything back to me either ... likes to whine but doesn't like to listen I presume :sneaky2:

I don't really believe that he stopped tweeting because of that. He's not just getting hate mail. There are the nice messages, too. That (non) autograph thing is pretty harmless IMO, just childish and spiteful. I think he got worse. If I had only half his gigging/promoting schedule I would not only not have time to tweet but to eat and sleep as well.

I read a lot of bad tweets for him. Especially one person writes every tweet in a very rude way and I fear this person is here, too. He/she answers on twitter to people from MFC when I check the profile.....

Mika is a human being, not a piece of meat! His true fans know that he doesn't owe us a thing! He performs his heart out at every gig, even with his bad ankle. Anything else is just iceing on the cake and is not something we should just expect from him.

His true fans know this.

So Mika didn't sign an autograph, so what. Get one next time! We all know Mika's experiencing a physical problem and probably just wanted to rest.

Show some gratitude? Oh what, you mean like...I don't know, give fans free gigs? a pub party with free drinks? free ice cream? free champagne? Is that what they want?

Oh wait, HE'S ALREADY DONE IT.

I don't know about you, but I sure as hell see that as gratitude!

Come on Rose, MFCers whine at Mika all the time. They say things I'm certain they wouldn't dream of saying to his face, which is pretty rude IMO.

I'm glad you're aware of that. I would add: on the forum, too. Which is even worse. :sad:

Totally agree with you about the gratitude Violet! :thumb_yello:

I'm not suggesting Mika got his feelings hurt and ran away from Twitter. Just that I'm sure it feels more a burden than fun sometimes so when he is extremely busy or not feeling so hot, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't want to log on.

Which is too bad because if you look at Jimmy, for instance, he seems to be enjoying it. Probably because fans are just interacting with him instead of whining and demanding things.

Totally agree with you about the gratitude Violet! :thumb_yello:

I'm not suggesting Mika got his feelings hurt and ran away from Twitter. Just that I'm sure it feels more a burden than fun sometimes so when he is extremely busy or not feeling so hot, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't want to log on.

Which is too bad because if you look at Jimmy, for instance, he seems to be enjoying it. Probably because fans are just interacting with him instead of whining and demanding things.

Jimmy AND iMMa! I absolutely adore those two.

I'm glad you're aware of that. I would add: on the forum, too. Which is even worse. :sad:

I don't think it's worse. I don't think you can ever compare them. No one is addressing Mika here. This is our discussion board, not his wall or his inbox.

It seems as if people don't quite believe that they're actually talking to Mika on Twitter. As if, because he doesn't respond to everyone, he can't actually hear what they're saying.

I don't really believe that he stopped tweeting because of that. He's not just getting hate mail. There are the nice messages, too. That (non) autograph thing is pretty harmless IMO, just childish and spiteful. I think he got worse. If I had only half his gigging/promoting schedule I would not only not have time to tweet but to eat and sleep as well.

That's what I'm hoping it is. I'd rather he get some rest inbetween his busy schedule. I think Mika's got tough skin and would know better than to let immature people like them get to him. He knows that he is loved.:wub2:

Agreed. What M gives us in music and live performances is so much more valuable than a signature or a photo with him. If that's what it's all about for some people, that's really too bad.

On a personal note, I'm a little sad that the moment I decide to give Twitter a try, Mika stops using it. Awesome. :naughty:

On a personal note, I'm a little sad that the moment I decide to give Twitter a try, Mika stops using it. Awesome. :naughty:

Damn. :naughty:

I hope he comes back. It really has been a lot of fun, for me anyway. Mika really seemed to enjoy it when WAG was launched too. I think that's why he went bananas and decided to buy drinks for all of London. :lmfao:

Damn. :naughty:

I hope he comes back. It really has been a lot of fun, for me anyway. Mika really seemed to enjoy it when WAG was launched too. I think that's why he went bananas and decided to buy drinks for all of London. :lmfao:

Perhaps his management have confiscated his twitter acount (by changing his password behind his back :teehee:) so that he can't pull any more expensive stunts like that :roftl:

Perhaps his management have confiscated his twitter acount (by changing his password behind his back :teehee:) so that he can't pull any more expensive stunts like that :roftl:

They could just go on there like Britney's people did the other day and say his account had been hacked and he's not actually giving drinks away. :naughty:

Saw this lovely tweet :biggrin2: Didn't he mention this in a recent interview? That they named a penguin after him? :roftl:

zsllondonzoo: Hey @mikasounds, just found you on here. Thanks for adopting a penguin a while back - he says hi btw

Edit: I guess it was after this visit

isn't it? Ahhh memories :wub2:

Saw this lovely tweet :biggrin2: Didn't he mention this in a recent interview? That they named a penguin after him? :roftl:

zsllondonzoo: Hey @mikasounds, just found you on here. Thanks for adopting a penguin a while back - he says hi btw

Edit: I guess it was after this visit

isn't it? Ahhh memories :wub2:

Yeah, that's true and he also got to name one. He called it Humphrey but it was actually a girl. :teehee:

I agree with what has been said about all the moaning that he gets. I personally just find it really sad that people are using Twitter, which is such a luxury as a direct means of communication with him, to vent out any frustration that they have with him or his organisation or whatnot. I know that we all have our criticisms of him sometimes, but I don't think that we should use Twitter to moan at him. All that we'll achieve is that he retreats forever and that we lose this fantastic tool that we have now. Or had. I hope that it's not the latter.

Can you remember the preTwitter times? When we had no idea what he was doing, where he was, how he was feeling, etc?

I am SO SO happy that he's shared all these things on Twitter with us...I've thoroughly enjoyed following his moods, his naughtiness, his travels, etc... I really hope that he will go back to it because it brought fan communication to a whole new level, and it showed me sides to Mika that I would have probably not seen in that way without Twitter.

I agree with what has been said about all the moaning that he gets. I personally just find it really sad that people are using Twitter, which is such a luxury as a direct means of communication with him, to vent out any frustration that they have with him or his organisation or whatnot. I know that we all have our criticisms of him sometimes, but I don't think that we should use Twitter to moan at him. All that we'll achieve is that he retreats forever and that we lose this fantastic tool that we have now. Or had. I hope that it's not the latter.

Can you remember the preTwitter times? When we had no idea what he was doing, where he was, how he was feeling, etc?

I am SO SO happy that he's shared all these things on Twitter with us...I've thoroughly enjoyed following his moods, his naughtiness, his travels, etc... I really hope that he will go back to it because it brought fan communication to a whole new level, and it showed me sides to Mika that I would have probably not seen in that way without Twitter.

I agree. :thumb_yello:

I do miss the blogs though. :teehee:

don't think it's a problem on the forum - like christine mentioned, it's not talking to him, and i think no one would complain that he doesn't read the mfc... on the opposite, guess a lot of us hope he doesn't! :naughty: anyway, unlike his twitter account, it's a place for fans, and if he comes here + reads, i'd say it's his own fault... :fisch::naughty:

just what i wanted to say as well. he gets on twitter what he gets everywhere, the best and the worst, marmite. he gets our love and thank yous and hugs on there, but also really rude tweets and complaints. no idea what he thinks of it, because when it comes to critics he says he likes being a marmite artist. but i really hope that he doesn't take it too much to heart.

i'm also not 100% proud of every tweet i ever sent to mika, but at the moment i tweeted it, i also would've told it to him personally, if he had been there. the thing about writing on twitter though (or generally on the web), is that you don't get face expressions as a reaction, which would immediately make you stop talking in RL. or which would make you explain what you mean in more detail - think that's also a thing about twitter, that the 140 characters version of what you want to express might sound quite different from what you really want to say. politeness can easily get lost on the way, even if you try really hard not to let it happen. and especially when you're not familiar with the fine details of the english language - i guess some tweets might in fact just sound a bit rude because the author doesn't know english very well. :dunno:

so for all of those reasons, i really hope that he isn't that sensitive towards such things, so that the tweets he gets are not the reason for him not coming on twitter anymore. because i'd fear it might mean that some of my tweets might have added to it, and i'd feel totally bad if i had just the slightest reason to believe that this was the case, as i only have good intentions. :sad:

of course there are some tweets that are really very rude and not acceptable - but that's the minority, probably each of those tweets has been discussed (or at least mentioned) here in the thread. :teehee:

something else, do we know about this one yet, any idea which radio (?) show it is, by david heane?

davidheane

Ready for chat later with @mikasounds. Hear him on the show next week. about 10 hours ago from web

Edited by mellody