Just tried to translate some of the lyrics of the new song Overrated and apparently they go something like:

"You're useless. I asked you to kill me and you can't even do it. You're no good for me, you don't love me. If you can't kill me then :badword:"

:boxed: Guess this isn't the early version of Overrated that we knew about. Seems up tempo, dancey and rough. :das:

(Mind you, I don't speak italian so maybe we should wait and see/hear)

Edited by LaraMay

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just tried to translate some of the lyrics of the new song Overrated and apparently they go something like:

"You're useless. I asked you to kill me and you can't even do it. You're no good for me, you don't love me. If you can't kill me then :badword:"

:boxed: Guess this isn't the early version of Overrated that we knew about. Seems up tempo, dancey and rough. :das:

Great! 'Cause I honestly don't like the original Overrated

Yeah, it seems like half the album are angry love songs, which kind of relieves me. Eventhough I do enjoy The Origin Of Love and Underwater, but too much of that I'm so in love stuff kind of makes me feel sick lol

Thanks a lot :thumb_yello: Looks like he's finally explaining the latin part of The Origin Of Love here and it looks really interesting, could someone please translate this for us? :wub2:

He kind of translated that at the play party in London. I wonder if it's the same explanation.

I thought he had confirmed to someone that Overrated was the same song. Or did I just imagine it?

I don't think I want to know any more about these songs and I definitely don't want to hear snippets. They're going to be available in a few weeks and I just want to listen to them in their entirety for the first time.

I thought he had confirmed to someone that Overrated was the same song. Or did I just imagine it?

I don't think I want to know any more about these songs and I definitely don't want to hear snippets. They're going to be available in a few weeks and I just want to listen to them in their entirety for the first time.

He said at Portugal, it was different to what it was before, more dancey

I don't think he did.

Yes, he did. In Spanish btw :aah:

I asked him if it was the same song we had in demos and he said "no, it´s a different song" so i asked "so, it has nothing to do with that song...."

and he said: "oh well.... :aah:.. only a part.. but the rest is a very different song"

No,that's not the lyrics(from what I understood),he only explain what he wanted to say to his lover,what's the message of the song.

That's deep:mf_rosetinted:

He said at Portugal, it was different to what it was before, more dancey

Grrrr!!

It's my fave all time Mika song and have been giddy at he thought of it finally coming out of the closet, so to speak and us being able to talk about it openly.

My bf loves I See You because it's so big and over produced but I really don't like it becasue in my head I still hear I'm Falling.

With this being an album of Love Songs could he not have just left it alone??!? Or had it as a B-sdie or bonus track?

Double Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

No,that's not the lyrics(from what I understood),he only explain what he wanted to say to his lover,what's the message of the song.

I had a feeling that was the case, although it would've been quite nice and unique if those were the lyrics :wub2: That feeling he describes are more common than people think, which is depressing but still kind of beautiful. Like Lana Del Rey's Born to Die for example.

Anyway :aah:

I had a feeling that was the case, although it would've been quite nice and unique if those were the lyrics :wub2: That feeling he describes are more common than people think, which is depressing but still kind of beautiful. Like Lana Del Rey's Born to Die for example.

Anyway :aah:

Anyway,I understand the :badword: for sure :aah:.......and the end of the interview :mf_rosetinted:

Yes, he did. In Spanish btw :aah:

I asked him if it was the same song we had in demos and he said "no, it´s a different song" so i asked "so, it has nothing to do with that song...."

and he said: "oh well.... :aah:.. only a part.. but the rest is a very different song"

Thanks. I seem to have missed this. It will be interesting to compare then.

Some people say it sounds great, so I hope I'll think the same, too.

Grrrr!!

It's my fave all time Mika song and have been giddy at he thought of it finally coming out of the closet, so to speak and us being able to talk about it openly.

My bf loves I See You because it's so big and over produced but I really don't like it becasue in my head I still hear I'm Falling.

With this being an album of Love Songs could he not have just left it alone??!? Or had it as a B-sdie or bonus track?

Double Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

You don't have to listen to the new version! I might not!

Ok girls, if no one is doing a translation, in these days I will post it in episodes. Unfortunately, I can not translate it all at once because I have exams at the university. Is it ok for you all? :wink2:

yes! thank you :flowers2:

Ok girls, if no one is doing a translation, in these days I will post it in episodes. Unfortunately, I can not translate it all at once because I have exams at the university. Is it ok for you all? :wink2:

:huglove: and maybe you´ll get some help :teehee: