• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:fangurl:

I love, love what he writes and the way he writes it :wub2:

And I tend to agree a lot :blush-anim-cl:

I wasn't expecting that subject this time after all the 'I don't know what to write, I am late' :teehee:

T4P :flowers2:

You don't know it, but he was late cause he spent too much time around FB. :mf_rosetinted:

BTW, I loved it, of course. And I don't know why, but I always tend to agree with him. :mf_rosetinted: And I'm getting repetitive. :mf_rosetinted:

Don't know what to say other than I loved it. :wub2:

Was it just me or was it shorter than the others? Not that it really matters (quality before quantity and all that :wink2:) but we wait for so long and then read it so quickly. :teehee:

I don't think it's shorter :dunno:

You don't know it, but he was late cause he spent too much time around FB. :mf_rosetinted:

BTW, I loved it, of course. And I don't know why, but I always tend to agree with him. :mf_rosetinted:And I'm getting repetitive. :mf_rosetinted:

I've chosen not to care about that anymore :mf_rosetinted:

Really appreciate MIKA sharing his thinking through these columns:

I prefer the photo used for this latest one to the one used previously.

Kind of looks like he's leaning in for a chat!

It totally surprised me that it had another pic!

Thanks for posting!

It's very interesting, I loved it :wub2:

I prefer the photo used for this latest one to the one used previously.Kind of looks like he's leaning in for a chat!

+1 :teehee:

I prefer the photo used for this latest one to the one used previously.

Kind of looks like he's leaning in for a chat!

It does, doesn't it?

Very cosy:wink2:

I think the whole story makes perfect sense now since Mika made it clear the guy was better looking than the girl would have deserved, anyway. :mf_rosetinted:

:aah::aah:

is it me or the most interesting we think the column is for us (fans) the less interesting the rest of the people may think it is?? i mean... we love to see his thoughts,but in the other hands,it´s written in a popular magazine,not in a mika-magazine-for-crazy-and-stalker-fans :mf_rosetinted: ... so... maybe... the more an "impersonal" column it is,the more appropiate it is.... don´t know if it makes sense :aah:

why? :mf_rosetinted:

i don´t agree :mf_rosetinted:

fb, hotmail, twitter and MFC are part of my real daily life and I'm so happy I can be in touch with a bunch of people I really care for :wub2:

Internet makes it easy to keep in touch and is part of RL :wink2: both with my Mika friends I met though internet and also with people I've met before internet existed :teehee: and also care about a lot :wub2:

Internet and RL are interacting together and I love it :thumb_yello:

And like today it gives me a chance to know a little bit more about Mika :wub2:

All our wonderful MFC projects wouldn't be without internet and being able to send a twit to Mika is also priceless :blush-anim-cl: , not to mention getting a twit from Da Boss :teehee:

I certainly enjoy this column, I guess, internet is today´s best method to communicate, specially with people that live away from you and you have problems to stay in touch with, but I can´t imagine myself going out with someone that i´ve met in the net...

Anyway is always a pleasure to read Mika´s reflections.

Thanks for the link :thumb_yello:

fb, hotmail, twitter and MFC are part of my real daily life and I'm so happy I can be in touch with a bunch of people I really care for :wub2:

Internet makes it easy to keep in touch and is part of RL :wink2: both with my Mika friends I met though internet and also with people I've met before internet existed :teehee: and also care about a lot :wub2:

Internet and RL are interacting together and I love it :thumb_yello:

And like today it gives me a chance to know a little bit more about Mika :wub2:

All our wonderful MFC projects wouldn't be without internet and being able to send a twit to Mika is also priceless :blush-anim-cl: , not to mention getting a twit from Da Boss :teehee:

oh!! i agree!! i was just mocking roxane!!!! :aah::aah:

only sympathy?? :aah:

You should go to NC again :mf_rosetinted:

I think the whole story makes perfect sense now since Mika made it clear the guy was better looking than the girl would have deserved, anyway. :mf_rosetinted:

Of course, it makes a perfect sense to me.:teehee:

If it had been the opposite situation I'd probably thought the same (as an objective observer):sneaky2:

But I'm sure you haven't had this possibility on mind.:naughty:

Anyway, I'm trying to be serious: is it possible that he finds people looks so important? Cos he stated that he mainly gave a damn about it.:aah:

is it me or the most interesting we think the column is for us (fans) the less interesting the rest of the people may think it is?? i mean... we love to see his thoughts,but in the other hands,it´s written in a popular magazine,not in a mika-magazine-for-crazy-and-stalker-fans :mf_rosetinted: ... so... maybe... the more an "impersonal" column it is,the more appropiate it is.... don´t know if it makes sense :aah:

It makes sense but who cares about readers who don't like him :shun:

(:teehee:)

At the same time, we fans are not the same, either. Many fans said they liked the New Year's blog best but it wasn't in my top 3, for example :dunno:

He always puts a lot of personal references into his blogs and I like how he connects seemingly random things to the topic he is talking about. All his articles so far have sounded pretty personal to me, with the exception of the one about student protests perhaps, but even in that one he made a point about what comment from Berlusconi annoyed him the most.

So, I think for an average reader all these articles can be just as enjoyable as they are for us. :original:

It makes sense but who cares about readers who don't like him :shun:

(:teehee:)

At the same time, we fans are not the same, either. Many fans said they liked the New Year's blog best but it wasn't in my top 3, for example :dunno:

He always puts a lot of personal references into his blogs and I like how he connects seemingly random things to the topic he is talking about. All his articles so far have sounded pretty personal to me, with the exception of the one about student protests perhaps, but even in that one he made a point about what comment from Berlusconi annoyed him the most.

So, I think for an average reader all these articles can be just as enjoyable as they are for us. :original:

yeah,maybe they just don´t gut him :aah:

Anyway, I'm trying to be serious: is it possible that he finds people looks so important? Cos he stated that he mainly gave a damn about it.:aah:

Noooooooooooo waaaaaaaaaay!

He is only interested in people's brains as we know :rolls_eyes:...........but maybe he changes his mind if the brains are inside some cute head :dunno:

:mf_rosetinted:

I really enjoyed reading the column.

After all we were guessing about it, because of the summary, it was really interesting to read it finally.

In my opinion, he's right.:aah: And even though he struggled writing this, it sounds natural.

I like it.

Noooooooooooo waaaaaaaaaay!

He is only interested in people's brains as we know :rolls_eyes:...........but maybe he changes his mind if the brains are inside some cute head :dunno:

:mf_rosetinted:

:aah::aah:

"if you’re interested you go online and see what you can dig up. We find ourselves piecing together their life' date=' from holiday snaps with drunk friends"[/b']

...We have NEVER done that with him. Not at all. :mf_rosetinted:

never ever :mf_rosetinted:

Yes :roftl::roftl:

Internet makes it easy to keep in touch and is part of RL :wink2: both with my Mika friends I met though internet and also with people I've met before internet existed and also care about a lot .

Internet and RL are interacting together and I love it.

And like today it gives me a chance to know a little bit more about Mika.

All our wonderful MFC projects wouldn't be without internet and being able to send a twit to Mika is also priceless , not to mention getting a twit from Da Boss.

Yep, I totally agree. The way I see it, the internet and RL are not mutually exclusive at all. In fact they complement eachother beautifully. Internet IS part of RL for many people these days, and I think that it's something to be embraced and treasured.

I'm sure that he's looks oriented to some degree, like most people. He's only human.

The fact that he puts effort into his own looks, and that he worries that he looks ugly/fat/whatnot, shows IMO that he does find looks important.

"if you’re interested you go online and see what you can dig up. We find ourselves piecing together their life' date=' from holiday snaps with drunk friends"[/b']

...We have NEVER done that with him. Not at all. :mf_rosetinted:

:lmfao: Exactly :mf_rosetinted:

Seriously now, I L-O-V-E-D this column. I totally, completely and utterly loved it.

I found myself agreeing with him on most of what he said, and also really enjoying the way he is being so candid and open and realistic about the whole thing without worrying about being too pc or socially acceptable or whatever. I thought that it was a very refreshing and 'real' piece.

One thing that I didn't agree with though is with his views on his Myspace relationship being classed as 'internet dating'. Yeah he met this person via Myspace, but it was just a way in which a stranger got in touch to ask him for a date, and then the relationship was conducted offline :dunno: It's not much different to meeting someone through a blind date set up by friends for example, or by very briefly meeting them on the street or in a bar, etc... Sure one has not seen the other person face to face in this case, but really, a short first meeting with someone in most social circumstances doesn't really provide much info other than just feeding our senses with some attraction. And, really, if we go solely on physical attraction and we don't look at any other aspect of the other person, the chances of a potential relationship taking off the ground are close to zero.

Now speaking of 'proper' online dating, as in, meeting someone through a dating site, where people sign up with that only purpose and potential couples chat to eachother and finally meet up in RL, is shown by research to be a very efficient way to meet a partner. Far more efficient than actually meeting someone randomly on the street, a bar, etc...

The reason for this is that it's a bit like a job application: people are vetoing and selecting potential partners based on compatibility traits, and the time and energy wasted on the 'wrong candidates' is minimal, thanks to the readily available 'shortlisting' capability of these sites.

In short, you may see someone in a bar or at the gym that you like the look of, but the chances of that particular person being interested in you AND compatible with you are pretty minimal. You multiply your chances of success by a lot by doing this process online, as you can very quickly separate the chaffe from the wheat, and then meet in RL the ones that you are confident have a high chance or success. Of course then the relationship will have to run its course in the same way that any other relationship would, but at least you have established a lot of common ground before that, and you have a higher certainty of the fact that this person is not totally wrong for you.

I have never used online dating myself before, but I do have some good friends who have married people who they met online, and are very happy. Incidentally, these people were all quite 'eligible' in general terms (smart, attractive,educated,good work,etc) and didn't have trouble meeting people in RL, but they found that it was hard to meet that special person that they totally connected with, and in their case internet dating was the way to go.