Here is my piece of history!

marcolopes

I first "saw" Mika on (mtv?) the video "Grace Kelly". Instantly i liked the originality and the energy, but, i thought "well, another "one hit" boy wonder".

Usually my sixth sense is "right on the money"... not in Mika's case. The first LP went by without making me look around...

So, what changed?

1) When i saw footage of Mika performing live. I said "Ok, here is a small version of the great Freddie M.".

2) Time went by, and by the time that the second LP came out, it came with a big surprise: "Live at Sadler's Wells". The moment i listened to this live recording, that's when Mika got my respect!

Yes, i'm a little hard on new artists, because 90% of them are... well, aren't, but this kid has a future. A great one.

About me? Who cares! (Ok... I live in Portugal, i would like to see the human race evolving into a type II civilization, and i would love to wake up one day and know how to play the guitar!)

P.S. NO, i didn't saw Mika's Live Show here in Portugal (it happened by the time the Iceland volcano erupted, so Mika had a hard time getting here), i'm too lazy to travel 300km x 2. I will wait for him to come to the "European Capital of Culture" in 2012 and hope for an ACOUSTIC show!! (just me wishing)

All the best!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I first "saw" Mika on (mtv?) the video "Grace Kelly". Instantly i liked the originality and the energy, but, i thought "well, another "one hit" boy wonder".

Usually my sixth sense is "right on the money"... not in Mika's case. The first LP went by without making me look around...

So, what changed?

1) When i saw footage of Mika performing live. I said "Ok, here is a small version of the great Freddie M.".

2) Time went by, and by the time that the second LP came out, it came with a big surprise: "Live at Sadler's Wells". The moment i listened to this live recording, that's when Mika got my respect!

Yes, i'm a little hard on new artists, because 90% of them are... well, aren't, but this kid has a future. A great one.

About me? Who cares! (Ok... I live in Portugal, i would like to see the human race evolving into a type II civilization, and i would love to wake up one day and know how to play the guitar!)

P.S. NO, i didn't saw Mika's Live Show here in Portugal (it happened by the time the Iceland volcano erupted, so Mika had a hard time getting here), i'm too lazy to travel 300km x 2. I will wait for him to come to the "European Capital of Culture" in 2012 and hope for an ACOUSTIC show!! (just me wishing)

All the best!

Bem-vindo! :wink2:

À conta dessa preguiça, não sabes o que perdeste! :teehee: Vais ao Marés Vivas?

Se precisares de ajuda para te orientares aqui no fórum, avisa! :wink2: Se quiseres aparece pelo tópico português (MFC International -> Tópico português).

Welcome:thumb_yello:

When you do get the chance to see him live, you won't be disappointed, he has such energy on stage, even with acoustic shows, it leaves you wanting more.:wink2:

Bem-vindo! :wink2:

À conta dessa preguiça, não sabes o que perdeste! :teehee: Vais ao Marés Vivas?

Se precisares de ajuda para te orientares aqui no fórum, avisa! :wink2: Se quiseres aparece pelo tópico português (MFC International -> Tópico português).

Didn't know he was coming this summer... I don't like that kind of "shared" festivals. Too much mess and noise. (In the last years only went to see Roger Waters in "Rock in Rio"... because it was RW and was the late gig!).

I'm going to check where the event is exactly.

(Respondi em Inglês para o resto da malta perceber)

Didn't know he was coming this summer... I don't like that kind of "shared" festivals. Too much mess and noise. (In the last years only went to see Roger Waters in "Rock in Rio"... because it was RW and was the late gig!).

I'm going to check where the event is exactly.

(Respondi em Inglês para o resto da malta perceber)

No problem! :wink2:

I went to see RW too :biggrin2:

Mika is playing in Gaia, by the river, on the Marés Vivas Festival, on the 16th July, and if it helps, he'll be the last one to play on that day. :teehee:

So, what changed?

All the best!

Olha um Tuga' novo por aqui!

Bem vindo!

Olha, eu concordo com a Mary, nem sabes o que perdeste :teehee:

Já andaste pelos lados do forum do Mikalândia ?

Um beijo :wub2:

So, what changed?

wake up one day and know how to play the guitar!)

:thumb_yello:

I'll second Silver ; I was about to write just the same :lmfao:

Mika live is so worth going to a festival :wub2:

Don't miss that opportunity :wink2:

Hopefully there will be accoustic shows when he releases his next album :)

Welcome to MFC family and have lots of fun mikaing with us :woot_jump:

Archived