The Looking For Something Thread - Part II!

On 7/31/2022 at 2:35 AM, mikiara said:

Hi guys, can anyone help me find where is this gif from? Please!

228342dda0b4bfb852a700f120a0592d.gif

I found the same gif posted on tumblr which used the hashtags #thevoice6 #ep4

( @Hero the tumblr post also said #londontoparis so you could be right about the London house)

I'm assuming then that the gif is from Series 6 episode 4 of The Voice France from 2017 when Mika was a judge. I can't find a full episode anywhere and I'm not sure if MFC ever saved episodes of The Voice :dunno:

Did anyone happen to save clips or episodes from that year?

Edited by TinyLove_CJ
  • Like 1

Just now, TinyLove_CJ said:

I found the same gif posted on tumblr which used the hashtags #thevoice6 #ep4

I'm assuming then that the gif is from Series 6 episode 4 of The Voice France from 2017 when Mika was a judge. I can't find a full episode anywhere and I'm not sure if MFC ever saved episodes of The Voice :dunno:

Did anyone happen to save clips or episodes from that year?

Yes, I think it was a short documentary when Mika was waiting for a taxi in London to go to St Pancras train station to go to Paris. But I can't find it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/30/2022 at 9:35 PM, mikiara said:

It's from the Voice Season 6, Episode 4, as others have said. It's from the extra, behind-the-scenes bit.

Eriko has it on her VK account here: https://vk.com/video232312753_456239475

It's about 1:30 into the video.

I don't see it anywhere else on youtube, etc.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

It's from the Voice Season 6, Episode 4, as others have said. It's from the extra, behind-the-scenes bit.

I don't use VK anymore. It's a Russian platform and they ask now some additional identifications,

which I don't want to give them :no:

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I don't use VK anymore. It's a Russian platform and they ask now some additional identifications,

Oh no, what are they asking for now, besides phone number?

19 minutes ago, Hero said:

Oh no, what are they asking for now, besides phone number?

I don't remember now. I tried to connect once a few weeks ago. Usually the login was automatic.

But now I don't want to give them even my phone number. I don't trust them anymore. 

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Hmm, they still just asked for phone number or email from me. I don't think I realized it was Russian, I just assumed it was Japanese or Asian, I guess because Eriko is using it. Now you've made me rethink...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Hmm, they still just asked for phone number or email from me. I don't think I realized it was Russian, I just assumed it was Japanese or Asian, I guess because Eriko is using it. Now you've made me rethink...

From wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VK_(service)

Ownership[edit]

Initially, founder and CEO Pavel Durov owned 20% of shares (although he had majority voting power through proxy votes), and a trio of Russian-Israeli investors Yitzchak Mirilashvili, his father Mikhael Mirilashvili's and Lev Leviev[26] owned 60%, 10%, and 10% respectively.[27] The original founders then sold a stake of 39.99% to Mail.ru Group (formerly Digital Sky Technologies).[28][29]

On 29 May 2012, Mail.ru Group announced its decision to yield control of the company to Durov by offering him the voting rights on its shares. Combined with Durov's personal 12% stake, this gave him 52% of the votes.[30][31]

In April 2013, the Mirilashvili family sold its 40% share in VK to United Capital Partners for $1.12 billion,[32][33] while Lev Leviev sold his 8% share in the same deal, giving United Capital Partners 48% ownership. In January 2014, VK's founder Pavel Durov sold his 12% stake in the company to Ivan Tavrin, the CEO of MegaFon, which is controlled by Alisher Usmanov. Following the deal, Usmanov and his allies controlled around 52% of the company.[34] Shortly thereafter, the CEO of Megafon, sold his 12% stake to Mail.ru, thus allowing Mail.ru to consolidate its controlling stake of 52% in VK.[35]

On 1 April 2014, Durov submitted his resignation to the board; at first, due to the fact the company confirmed he had resigned, it was believed to be related to the Russo-Ukrainian War which began in the previous February.[36] However, Durov himself claimed it was an April Fool's Joke on 3 April 2014.[37] On 21 April 2014, Durov was dismissed as CEO, claiming he failed to withdraw his letter of resignation a month earlier.[38][39] Durov then claimed the company had been effectively taken over by Vladimir Putin's political faction,[38][40] suggesting his dismissal was the result of both his refusal to hand over personal details of users to federal law enforcement and his refusal to hand over the personal details of people who were members of a VKontakte group dedicated to the Euromaidan protest movement.[38][40] Durov then left Russia and stated that he had "no plans to go back"[40] and that "the country is incompatible with Internet business at the moment".[39]

On 16 September 2014, the Mail.ru group bought the remaining 48% stake of VK from United Capital Partners (UCP)[41] for $1.5 billion,[41] thus becoming the sole proprietor of the social network.[42]

In December 2021, Russian state-owned bank Gazprombank and insurance company Sogaz bought out 57.3% of VK shares, thus becoming the holders of the company's controlling interest.[43][44]

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

Definitely VK is the Russian platform.

3 hours ago, dcdeb said:

i’m glad you recognized it, because I had no idea! Its such a cute gif 🥰 

i can’t login to VK anymore, I’m blocked for some mystery transgression 

• Like 1

On 7/31/2022 at 10:35 AM, mikiara said:

3 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Mika from London to Paris.

Here is the NEW download link.

2017.03.11 The_Voice_6 ep-4_La_Suite

https://uptobox.com/bvd4q2ewl4xr

:wags_finger: Be careful, it opens WRONG site when you click DOWNLOAD button.... you should close wron site ( twice ? )

and then you would open the correct page.

Here is the page.

1610499700_Screenshot2022-08-02at06-27-012017troncarellifederico_50.thumb.jpg.a5343e3a7d5644dfce2eeb6564386fa0.jpg

Don't CLICK, close this page SOON !!

1203426698_Screenshot2022-08-02at06-25-46troncarellifederico_50.thumb.jpg.20046a6259871fa0ac3e5ed1df92f835.jpg

941201406_Screenshot2022-08-02at06-26-13FXFXFX.thumb.png.c305ce555cdebd8e33980000fe3ea7c4.png

1577902380_Screenshot2022-08-02at06-26-37Googletroncarellifederico_50.thumb.jpg.d548d7163a71128f44926307323fd60b.jpg

Finally, here is the CORRECT page !!

1408230679_Screenshot2022-08-02at06-27-492017troncarellifederico_50.thumb.jpg.ee51984064a39061bd7e6e2cea70cfcd.jpg

892223281_Screenshot2022-08-02at06-27-492017troncarellifederico_50-1.thumb.jpg.b07861ea29d8f6b328f7b0b5085d5768.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think I've asked before but don't think I ever found it 

Does anyone have the interview where he mentioned he put posters up near his ex's when he had his first shows 

I'm pretty sure it was french 

Idk if I've made it up at this point cause I've never found it since but I have it in my head 

2 hours ago, BeccaStardust said:

Does anyone have the interview where he mentioned he put posters up near his ex's when he had his first shows 

I remember this one in English.

Heat magazine  2009

"I added £2,000 of my own money to the promotional budget to put the posters everywhere so the heartbreaker could not escape. I gave money to hammer them in one particular neighbourhood in London."

Thread about the original article in MFC.

Text of the interview on twitter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NaoMika said:

I remember this one in English.

Heat magazine  2009

"I added £2,000 of my own money to the promotional budget to put the posters everywhere so the heartbreaker could not escape. I gave money to hammer them in one particular neighbourhood in London."

Thread about the original article in MFC.

Text of the interview on twitter.

Thanks. I thought I remembered it from a video but maybe I visualised him saying it something 

Thanks again 

6 hours ago, BeccaStardust said:

I thought I remembered it from a video but maybe I visualised him saying it something 

He said it on some video as well, but can't remember which one 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BeccaStardust said:

Idk if I've made it up at this point cause I've never found it since but I have it in my head 

I read it in a German interview recently. This one:

https://www.laut.de/Mika/Interviews/Lieber-albern-als-einfach-nur-schoen-17-09-2009-642

They're talking about being in love and heartbreak and he's being asked to elaborate. He says
"It happened when I had just released my first album. You know what I did then? (grins) I took 2000 pounds of the money the record company had given me. I used it to print extra posters of my album. Then I stuck them on every possible surface around the house of that person (laughs). I always do stuff like that."

I haven't seen a video of him talking about it unfortunately!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I'm looking for that iconic picture of Mika at Disneyland pride this year where he has the rainbow wings on and both arms in the air and he looks so happy looking at the audience. I know a lot of people did fanart of that picture too but I can't find it! 

Anyone have it? 😊

8 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I'm looking for that iconic picture of Mika at Disneyland pride this year where he has the rainbow wings on and both arms in the air and he looks so happy looking at the audience. I know a lot of people did fanart of that picture too but I can't find it! 

Anyone have it? 😊

You can see it on YouTube but you would have to screencap it

Mika Disney pride 2022 - YouTube

25 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Anyone have it? 😊

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cet1C4ztRUA/

Please ask @tiibet ask for permission to use.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Is there a link to the video?

Still sure I've seen a high quality photo too 🤔

Wasn't it one he reposted in his stories? Then maybe it's in the Mika updates thread?