Lovebox - London, UK - June 17, 2012 : REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

guylainem123

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh love the video! I'm getting excited for my own gig now. :mikalove:

Katy, she does look familiar doesn't she? I really love her voice.

Thanks for the report Mellody. Sounds like everyone had a great day.

just tried to upload make you happy, but it'd take too long... unfortunately i'll have to wait til i'm home. :aah: i also filmed celebrate, but i see it has already been posted by nina - i'm sure hers is better, she had a professional videocamera with her. :naughty: and i got parts of relax, love today and lollipop. :wink2:

btw, something else i wanted to say... there were LOTS of press photographers there for the first few mika songs... so i hope he'll get some (good) press in the uk. :thumb_yello: one of the photographers gave me a card, they'll probably upload their pics tomorrow on http://www.facebook.com/ukrightguard :wink2:

so since the video upload doesn't work, i'll say goodnight for now, and just post one of my photos: :wink2:

lovebox.jpg

ah, i see nina posted also already myh... so doesn't matter then that it didn't work for me. :biggrin2:

Oh wow, look at Sam Sparro performing at their van. That would have been so cool. :aah:

The hair still looks gorgeous straight if you ask me! :mikalove:

@1: dunno, i didn't particularly like him at amsterdam westerpark 2008... :dunno:

@2: absolutely agree. :wub2:

OMG!! thanks sooo much for those 2 vids! i love how the new songs sound live - MYH more so than celebrate actually....which i'm surprised at :blush-anim-cl:

and this just teaches me not to make snap judgements - i didn't like his backup singer from the brief glimpse at the samsung thingy but here i really got into her! a nice complement to his singing!

Ooh love the video! I'm getting excited for my own gig now. :mikalove:

Katy, she does look familiar doesn't she? I really love her voice.

Thanks for the report Mellody. Sounds like everyone had a great day.

Me too! Can't wait to see it with my own eyes!

I've had a quick skim through the reviews and pics and watched Nina's video - thanks to all.:thumb_yello:

I quite like the way MYH shapes up live. Especially the live use of the vocoder. I'd love to hear Mika layer his own voice live using technology if possible and I guess this is a simplified version of that. I hope he goes further with it.

Pity he didn't perhaps debut another new song, but wasn't really expecting it.

Anyway, glad people had fun (even if it was too short :sneaky2:) and glad M went as himself and not Little Lord Fauntleroy.:mikasweat:

Make You Happy from Nina (tiibet)

[YOUTUBE]L2RRM1FXVrs[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks so much :flowers2:

Oh dear Lord. :mf_lustslow: And to think I wasn't expecting anything really WOW from MYH live. :fangurl: How good is it when he sings using those two microphones?!

@mellody As if you needed to apologize or explain your fangurliness when he touches your hand. Twice. :lmfao:

Thanks for everything everyooooooooooone!

Just amazed to know you all had a great time and MIKA'S BACK!

:mikalove:

Thanks for all reports, pics and videos!! can't wait for more...

of course it was over too quickly after only 7 songs... we then went to the small backstage area that was behind the circus stage, and waited whether mika would come and meet us - and after he was done with an interview and with talking to some people, he did. :wub2: he first went to the entrance where most fans were crowded, but we stood at the side because we had a better view from there, and before he went in the car he came to us as well. he told me that he liked my shirt and that he had seen it from stage... and he took my hand. twice. i don't know why i stuck my hand through the barrier when he said hi, probably just out of habit because you shake hands with ppl you say hi to... lol! his hands were so soft and warm! :fangurl: (sorry, big fangurl moment here, don't ask me why, guess i haven't seen him for too long. :teehee:)

:aah::wub2:

if he hugs you... you would die...

*swoon*

(i think everybody would die)

:fisch:

just tried to upload make you happy, but it'd take too long... unfortunately i'll have to wait til i'm home. :aah: i also filmed celebrate, but i see it has already been posted by nina - i'm sure hers is better, she had a professional videocamera with her. :naughty: and i got parts of relax, love today and lollipop. :wink2:

btw, something else i wanted to say... there were LOTS of press photographers there for the first few mika songs... so i hope he'll get some (good) press in the uk. :thumb_yello:

No it was not any professional camera, it was just a small handycam. But I still hoped it would have worked better than this. I actually lied at the gate about my camera. I think they asked about handycams and I said no. And felt horrible, because I never lie, I usually can't. So I felt I have to tell something true too, and I said the security guy that "I had some chocolate but I just throw it to the bin" as I did indeed. You know, like everyone throws their extra food away at gates. And he looked genuinely confused and asked "Why, you silly woman???? You could have just hide it to your bag, I'm not searching THAT carefully". And I didn't felt too bad about the camera after that and I saw many people with system cameras (I left mine home).

But the sound was too loud (I don't know what is the right word, it wasn't right and how it should be) even there, I do hope it was not like that everywhere but only in front parts. But for that reason I couldn't hear Mika's voice properly during MYH and really want to hear it again soon.

And I agree, I was impressed to see so many professional photographers to see Mika's performance too, there were MANY, really hoping some good publicity for him after this :thumb_yello:

OMG!! thanks sooo much for those 2 vids! i love how the new songs sound live - MYH more so than celebrate actually....which i'm surprised at :blush-anim-cl:

and this just teaches me not to make snap judgements - i didn't like his backup singer from the brief glimpse at the samsung thingy but here i really got into her! a nice complement to his singing!

She was very good :thumb_yello:

I'm not writing any report because Karin just wrote long posts and I don't have much to add, it wasn't a long gig. But I really enjoyed it and was pleased for him to see everything going so well. I especially enjoyed Celebrate, it's such a good live song! I put a few photos here http://anothermikablog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/quick-updates-lovebox-2012.html

Edited by tiibet

No it was not any professional camera, it was just a small handycam. But I still hoped it would have worked better than this. I actually lied at the gate about my camera. I think they asked about handycams and I said no. And felt horrible, because I never lie, I usually can't. So I felt I have to tell something true too, and I said the security guy that "I had some chocolate but I just throw it to the bin" as I did indeed. You know, like everyone throws their extra food away at gates. And he looked genuinely confused and asked "Why, you silly woman???? You could have just hide it to your bag, I'm not searching THAT carefully". And I didn't felt too bad about the camera after that and I saw many people with system cameras (I left mine home).

But the sound was too loud (I don't know what is the right word, it wasn't right and how it should be) even there, I do hope it was not like that everywhere but only in front parts. But for that reason I couldn't hear Mika's voice properly during MYH and really want to hear it again soon.

And I agree, I was impressed to see so many professional photographers to see Mika's performance too, there were MANY, really hoping some good publicity for him after this :thumb_yello:

She was very good :thumb_yello:

I'm not writing any report because Karin just wrote long posts and I don't have much to add, it wasn't a long gig. But I really enjoyed it and was pleased for him to see everything going so well. I especially enjoyed Celebrate, it's such a good live song! I put a few photos here http://anothermikablog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/quick-updates-lovebox-2012.html

Thank you so much Nina :flowers2: I loved yours vds and I'm so happy, I love Make You Happy and was amazing on stage :wub2: and was impressed see Celebrate full on stage, good vibes and incredibly good live :boing:

Again thank you for the sharing :thumb_yello:

Thanks for all the pics/videos/reports everyone! I look forward to seeing more once everybody gets back home :)

Nina, i think the sound on your vids is good, i can understand him, but the pic quality is just amazing. MYH made my day!

BTW was there any new merch available?

Edited by kreacher

Thank you all your reports and video and share after story~

always I feel like standing that place. :mikalove:

and his live was not perfect, cuz perfect made from union all condition (sound, etc), i think.

But It was good! :thumb_yello:

expect to see -MYH, Celebrate- myself his world tour in korea:mikalove:

Thanks for all the long reports everyone. I always find it really interesting to read others peoples opinions when I was actually there - it is good to read about how different people experience the same thiing.

I reported briefly in the other thread and I don't have a great deal to add - the reports in this thread certainly describe extremely well what went on yesterday.

It really was a great day. Very very relaxed and chilled.

Enigma ( sorry we didn't meet btw - I never saw you at all) I basically went VIP for the toilets and they were definitely a million times better. However, I am not sure that they were £50 worth better and other than seats we didn't get an awful lot more! Having said that I did get a free make up session!

I thought the backing singer was good ( no she hasn't sung with mika before as far as I know). It would have been nice if he had introduced the band but I don't think he really had the time - and he often forgets to do that anyway! I am sure he will do it when it is a regular gig.

With such a short set I didn't expect him to do any other new songs than the two we knew about anyway. And I guess the fact is that make you happy was leaked early anyway. So the plan had maybe being to play celebrate and for myh to be the surprise. Who knows.

All in all I loved the day. Very relaxed. Sunny. Good company. Good to see old friends. Really nice to see mika earlier in the day for a change . I do think he could have been on the main stage. The crowd and the reaction he got was great and I am sure he would have got a great reaction on the main stage. But that said, I always enjoy seeing him on a small stage too.

As melody said there were some great outfits - no you certai ly wouldn't have stood out in your grey skelly costume! The guys in see thru tights and no underwear were a particular eye opener. I wonder if they actually travelled like that - you would think they would be arrested!

I enjoyed watching Sam sparro - he seemed to have matured a lot si ce westerpark.

It was certainly good to see mika after almost a year. I think his hair looked good although it must take a lot of work to get it like that. He looked good and the casual clothes were perfect for a summer festival. He sounded great ( if you ignore the distortion of the sound system).

As ever, thank you very much indeed to all you very capable video taking people. It is much appreciated. I said goodbye to nina as she headed off to the airport last night and I can't believe her vids are up already!

Edited by kath