guylainem123

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@mikasounds

! Wanna sing on stage with us for a couple songs at the US shows? check out my Facebook page now!!

i'd love to. :sad: hope it goes so well that he continues it for the european tour as well. :fisch:

can't see the facebook post, probably it's only visible in the US... someone care to post it here? :wink2: would love to know the details.

edit:

@mikasounds

UK and Europe fans will also get the chance in next few months, for now its the US shows next week.

YAY! :biggrin2: so sweet of him to post this. :wub2:

(still curious what is written on the US facebook page though... would love to know what it is that we can expect this time. :teehee:)

Edited by mellody

@mikasounds

! Wanna sing on stage with us for a couple songs at the US shows? check out my Facebook page now!!

i'd love to. :sad: hope it goes so well that he continues it for the european tour as well. :fisch:

can't see the facebook post, probably it's only visible in the US... someone care to post it here? :wink2: would love to know the details.

edit:

@mikasounds

UK and Europe fans will also get the chance in next few months, for now its the US shows next week.

(still curious what is written on the US facebook page though... would love to know what it is that we can expect this time. :teehee:)

I'm also quite curious:naughty:

OK, here's the post from FB -- I might have considered it, but there's no way I'm making a video of myself singing! :naughty:

Attention all American Mika Fans! We said there was something else coming for you... here it is!

We have a very special opportunity for you… As you may know, in the past we have invited certain fans up on to stage to dance with Mika as Big Girls, Lollipop Girls and in various other costumes. In fact, it has become something of a tradition to have fans take part in the show! Mika has loved meeting you all and your involvement in the concerts makes each show unique. So, we tho

ught we’d try it again – but this time, singing!

This is a proper experiment, we have no idea if it will work or not, but we wanted to give it a go and we thought where better to start than NYC?!

We are giving 8 Mika fans in each city on the forthcoming US tour (NYC, Chicago and LA) the opportunity to perform live on stage with Mika as part of a Mika Fan choir… The competition is open to anyone, the only 2 conditions are you need to be over 21 and able to sing!

If you would like the chance to be part of this very special experiment please read the below carefully-

Step one:

Post a video asap on Youtube of yourself singing ONE Mika song of your choice.

Step two:

Email the link to one of the 3 below email addresses.

Guys email your link to mikachoir1@gmail.com

Girls Alto (medium vocal range) send your link to mikachoir2@gmail.com

Girls Soprano (High vocal range) send your link to mikachoir3@gmail.com

Be sure to mark the subject

"Mika Choir New York", "Mika Choir Chicago" or "Mika Choir LA" depending which city you’re in. This will guarantee your video gets looked at in time for that show. You may only apply once and for one city only. Unfortunately no questions are able to be answered from these email addresses- they are purely to hear you sing.

Step three:

If you have been chosen, we’ll get in touch with you shortly after the deadline with all the info you’ll need

Please note YOU MUST BE OVER 21.

ID will be required to obtain entrance to the venue on the day of the show.

You will be performing alongside Mika so entrance is free- you do not need a ticket!

*** PLEASE NOTE: applications for New York need to be in by tomorrow, October 13 at 12 noon London time, so you have 24 hours to get these in!! Chicago entries need to be in by October 14 and LA by October 16***

Good luck!

thanks deb! aww that sounds exciting! :excite:

good for europe that we have more time to prepare, 24 hours is quite short notice! :aah: good luck to everyone who's going to enter! would be great to see some mfcers in the mika choir! :wub2:

wonder which song/s this will be for... TOOL maybe? :dunno:

Oh that is so funny I was just suggesting that the other day re the Dublin choir.

So Mikateam is stalking the MFC? In that case... dear members of the Mikateam, would you please please please make the bonus material on the website available to people outside the UK?

This really is a marvellous idea though. With all the talented people around here, I have no doubt they'll be able to make a great choir! Toi toi toi to everyone entering :thumb_yello:

@mikasounds

edit:

@mikasounds

Lovely idea, to bad I can't sing :sad: But you have to be 21 so it doesn't matter :aah:

No way for me for Europe :teehee:. I love to sing with Mika but only from the audience where no one can hear my terrible voice :floor:

so agree :mf_rosetinted:

thanks deb! aww that sounds exciting! :excite:

good for europe that we have more time to prepare, 24 hours is quite short notice! :aah: good luck to everyone who's going to enter! would be great to see some mfcers in the mika choir! :wub2:

wonder which song/s this will be for... TOOL maybe? :dunno:

Tool clearly needs some choir.. and Step with me maybe? :teehee:

Unlike dancing this clearly needs rehearsal with Mika himself....

and I can't sing ... :mf_rosetinted:

OK, here's the post from FB -- I might have considered it, but there's no way I'm making a video of myself singing! :naughty:

Attention all American Mika Fans! We said there was something else coming for you... here it is!

We have a very special opportunity for you… As you may know, in the past we have invited certain fans up on to stage to dance with Mika as Big Girls, Lollipop Girls and in various other costumes. In fact, it has become something of a tradition to have fans take part in the show! Mika has loved meeting you all and your involvement in the concerts makes each show unique. So, we tho

ught we’d try it again – but this time, singing!

This is a proper experiment, we have no idea if it will work or not, but we wanted to give it a go and we thought where better to start than NYC?!

We are giving 8 Mika fans in each city on the forthcoming US tour (NYC, Chicago and LA) the opportunity to perform live on stage with Mika as part of a Mika Fan choir… The competition is open to anyone, the only 2 conditions are you need to be over 21 and able to sing!

If you would like the chance to be part of this very special experiment please read the below carefully-

Step one:

Post a video asap on Youtube of yourself singing ONE Mika song of your choice.

Step two:

Email the link to one of the 3 below email addresses.

Guys email your link to mikachoir1@gmail.com

Girls Alto (medium vocal range) send your link to mikachoir2@gmail.com

Girls Soprano (High vocal range) send your link to mikachoir3@gmail.com

Be sure to mark the subject

"Mika Choir New York", "Mika Choir Chicago" or "Mika Choir LA" depending which city you’re in. This will guarantee your video gets looked at in time for that show. You may only apply once and for one city only. Unfortunately no questions are able to be answered from these email addresses- they are purely to hear you sing.

Step three:

If you have been chosen, we’ll get in touch with you shortly after the deadline with all the info you’ll need

Please note YOU MUST BE OVER 21.

ID will be required to obtain entrance to the venue on the day of the show.

You will be performing alongside Mika so entrance is free- you do not need a ticket!

*** PLEASE NOTE: applications for New York need to be in by tomorrow, October 13 at 12 noon London time, so you have 24 hours to get these in!! Chicago entries need to be in by October 14 and LA by October 16***

Good luck!

Thanks for posting Deb!

If they do it in Europe i could try but i'm to shy for posting a video on YouTube :aah:

By the way, i'm really curious to see what will happen.

Mama Mod try it! :mikadas:

So Mikateam is stalking the MFC? In that case... dear members of the Mikateam, would you please please please make the bonus material on the website available to people outside the UK?

This really is a marvellous idea though. With all the talented people around here, I have no doubt they'll be able to make a great choir! Toi toi toi to everyone entering :thumb_yello:

Dear Mikateam stalking here :mf_rosetinted:

If needs some fan choirs in Seoul, just give me a tip on which part and how you want that to be... and we'll arrange 5,000 crowds got prepared for this :pinkbow: (like what we do every year on every song... )

Edited by Yuna

If he does the same with the Denmark and Roundhouse gigs I might give it a shot, but god it's so embarrassing to have to post it to YouTube :aah: That is so cruel to us lol

I'd love a chance someday. I'm actually a trained singer. I'm a Mezzo-Contralto, which is quite rare. It means I can get very low notes, and also go quite high as well.

But I don't have the first idea of how to post a vid on YT, so If he does do other fan choirs in the UK, I'd have to pick someone's brains, to find out how to do it.

I might have to do that anyway though, because I might film some footage at The Roundhouse and The Ritz, so I'd need to know how to upload anyway.

But isn't this a wonderful thing for Mika to do! Only he would do something like this for his fans! Can we even come to terms with how wonderful this man really is! He is truly unbelievable! I wish everyone who enters for the USA choirs, good luck and I hope you all get picked!

So it's your idea?:mf_rosetinted: i feel sorry for the people there cant sing. They have no chances of getting on that stage:aah:

and those who can sing but don't have accounts on facebook and youtube... or don't have a camera... or can't go to any gigs... :dunno:

i think it's a great chance! :wub2: guess i'll try for munich if they do it there, though i certainly am not the best singer in the world, but i'm able to hit the right notes and as it's a choir i hope that's enough. :teehee:

If he does the same with the Denmark and Roundhouse gigs I might give it a shot, but god it's so embarrassing to have to post it to YouTube :aah: That is so cruel to us lol

i think that's ok, you'll have to be able to SING in front of 1000 or more people live, not just walk around a bit, hidden behind a mask (anyway i *hope* the choir won't have to wear any weird masks! :lmfao:)... even if it's a choir, but a choir of 8 isn't that big either... so uploading a video of your singing on youtube should be the smaller problem! :aah: besides, you can always set it to half-private so only those who have the link will be able to watch it. :wink2:

Yeah thank god for the privacy setting on YT lol

I have performed for audiences before many times, but it's easier when you're performing guitar and backing vocals with a band onstage like I did because they kind of back you up if you know what I mean. But filming yourself alone, singing, is a bit embarrassing. :aah: Although I'll still go through with it if I get the chance. I'm just confused if they want us to sing backing vocals to a Mika song or solo? And should his song play in the background or something? :blink:

Yeah thank god for the privacy setting on YT lol

I have performed for audiences before many times, but it's easier when you're performing guitar and backing vocals with a band onstage like I did because they kind of back you up if you know what I mean. But filming yourself alone, singing, is a bit embarrassing. :aah: Although I'll still go through with it if I get the chance. I'm just confused if they want us to sing backing vocals to a Mika song or solo? And should his song play in the background or something? :blink:

i think you sing the song for YT, not the backing vocals. :dunno: but i'm also wondering things like, would it be ok to play the guitar to it or have the mika song playing in the background, do we have to sing in the same key as mika, what if we're not sure whether we'd fit better into alto or soprano... ? but maybe they'll add such details for the next round, i.e. the european gigs... it's only a first try now, and they'll learn from it, so in the end it might be different altogether for europe. :dunno:

and those who can sing but don't have accounts on facebook and youtube... or don't have a camera... or can't go to any gigs... :dunno:

i think it's a great chance! :wub2: guess i'll try for munich if they do it there, though i certainly am not the best singer in the world, but i'm able to hit the right notes and as it's a choir i hope that's enough. :teehee:

True :aah:

I'll try it when it come to the european dates:naughty:

My friends said i should sing in x-factor:doh: - Mika is much better:naughty:

But isn't this a wonderful thing for Mika to do! Only he would do something like this for his fans! Can we even come to terms with how wonderful this man really is! He is truly unbelievable! I wish everyone who enters for the USA choirs, good luck and I hope you all get picked!

Although I can't sing (I think I can play the triangle, does that count too?) and will not enter upcoming competitions, I can't agree with you more. You formulated it so well! Mika appreciates all the different talents of his fans (doodling, filming, photography, singing) and that's really special in my opinion! I appreciate that in return.