NEW VIDEO! Popular Song ft. Ariana Grande

dcdeb

He really is tired at the 2-o'clock-shots :naughty:

In the video he and Ariana are fitting well, but in the Behind the Scenes clip I don't feel a big chemistry between them - more like "only colleagues", he doesn't radiates his normal excitement towards her.

The video is really pulling the song along -- it's hanging in the US iTunes charts surprisingly longer than I thought it would. It's crept up to #83 overall, and is at #27 on the Pop Chart. The video itself has been hanging at #7 as well. I'm pleasantly surprised!

He really is tired at the 2-o'clock-shots :naughty:

In the video he and Ariana are fitting well, but in the Behind the Scenes clip I don't feel a big chemistry between them - more like "only colleagues", he doesn't radiates his normal excitement towards her.

I agree with you, but luckily I don't think it shows in the video.

I love the part in the "Behind the Scenes" when Ariana says "I'm 19 and your, 21..." and then he says "I'm 29." :lmfao:

That's my favorite part as well, together when he has to bend in half to take pics with the little kids:wub2:

The video is really pulling the song along -- it's hanging in the US iTunes charts surprisingly longer than I thought it would. It's crept up to #83 overall, and is at #27 on the Pop Chart. The video itself has been hanging at #7 as well. I'm pleasantly surprised!

And now it's at #73 in the top 100 songs and #6 in the music vid charts :D

Fingers crossed it will go to the top and stay there for a while!

So I just finished watching the "Popular Song" music video for probably the 5th time, and this time I saw a lot of things I didn't before. Here's the list (some of them are obvious) : chalk board says 'Arsenic Acid' and has several scientific formulas --- sign in the BG of the hallway scene says 'Join the Skeleton Club' adding to the goth atmosphere of the video ---there is a girl in hallway scene chewing gum and twirling it w/her fingers (gross, yet somewhat funny) --- the address in the BG of the hallway scene is backwards, but it says "5610" --- the license plate on the car says "P0PULAR" (but you probably already saw that) --- dollhouse in flashback scene is obviously (new) Fisherprice --- And now for ads: the car is obviously a Mini Cooper (the car company probably helped pay for the music video) --- the phones that they are using are SONY branded phones and you see that clearly during the close-ups on the texts (I'm pretty sure that the record label is associated with SONY and I'm certain that SONY paid for the video to be made) ----- So, those are the things I saw. This video was used for advertising, not only entertainment, but I'm fine with that. Reply what you think and if you found any other things. :)

Oh, thought I'd better post this...

The Auspop blog (which I believe is linked with Universal Music) posted something about the video...

http://auspop.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/mika-ftg-ariana-grande-popular-song.html

I also had a look at iTunes and Mika isn't charting from what I can see (can someone just tell me how to look at the iTunes charts so I know I'm doing it right?) but looking at the popularity chart thing when I search for the song, it appears to be popular...

So I just finished watching the "Popular Song" music video for probably the 5th time, and this time I saw a lot of things I didn't before. Here's the list (some of them are obvious) : chalk board says 'Arsenic Acid' and has several scientific formulas --- sign in the BG of the hallway scene says 'Join the Skeleton Club' adding to the goth atmosphere of the video ---there is a girl in hallway scene chewing gum and twirling it w/her fingers (gross, yet somewhat funny) --- the address in the BG of the hallway scene is backwards, but it says "5610" --- the license plate on the car says "P0PULAR" (but you probably already saw that) --- dollhouse in flashback scene is obviously (new) Fisherprice --- And now for ads: the car is obviously a Mini Cooper (the car company probably helped pay for the music video) --- the phones that they are using are SONY branded phones and you see that clearly during the close-ups on the texts (I'm pretty sure that the record label is associated with SONY and I'm certain that SONY paid for the video to be made) ----- So, those are the things I saw. This video was used for advertising, not only entertainment, but I'm fine with that. Reply what you think and if you found any other things. :)

Somebody on YT pointed out that the drawing on the chalkboard is the flux capacitor from Back To The Future (for all us geeks out there :naughty:)

I actually like it more than I thought, because I didn't really like the song and the fact it's a feat with a girl, but the clip is amazing ! Tim Burtonish and the looks he sends are ... so evil aha ! I'm in love again :mikalove:

Oh, thought I'd better post this...

The Auspop blog (which I believe is linked with Universal Music) posted something about the video...

http://auspop.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/mika-ftg-ariana-grande-popular-song.html

I also had a look at iTunes and Mika isn't charting from what I can see (can someone just tell me how to look at the iTunes charts so I know I'm doing it right?) but looking at the popularity chart thing when I search for the song, it appears to be popular...

I also tried to look on iTunes and have no idea what I'm doing, where to look, what the different charts seem to be about. :doh:

from that site mentioned by nico (:bye: by the way!)

Aaah Mika. He who properly burst onto the international pop scene back in 2007 with his dizzyingly infectious single 'Grace Kelly'... And for whom we declared love for subsequent singles 'Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)', 'Love Today' and the seriously underloved 'We Are Golden'. We don't know what it is, but for some reason, Mika's dropped off our radar a little bit in recent years, but he's hoping to worm his way back into our psyche and our hearts with his new single 'Popular Song', roping in hot new thing Ariana Grande to further tempt us back into the Mika fray.

Add to the mix a riff from the song 'Popular' from the stage show 'Wicked' and a clip which sees both Mika and Ariana cooking up something special for their classmates and you've got a bright, fluffy pop confection that's crafted for maximum addiction.

Any guesses who might have helped foot the bill for the clip (below)?

:naughty: I guess it's obvious :teehee:

Sorry, but it is a good illustration of Tumblr's moods

tumblr_mm2ykc5Imj1qiycrvo1_500.jpg

No offense to anyone, but this was mine. I made this as a joke because of the Tumblr response, but I wasn't sure it would get picked up...Am I Tumblr famous now?

Edited by Nicóla Ronaa

No offense to anyone, but this was mine. I made this as a joke because of the Tumblr response, but I wasn't sure it would get picked up...Am I Tumblr famous now?

:aah: But you were totally right! As I see in Russian analogue of FB, Arianators appropriated this video without hesitation.