NEW VIDEO! Popular Song ft. Ariana Grande

dcdeb

Empire of the Sun & More of the Best Music Videos of the Week (VIDEO)

by Jean Trinh May 5, 2013 4:45 AM EDT

Jason Derulo busts out his dance moves.

Mika draws out his inner Goth. WATCH VIDEO of the most entertaining, breathtaking,

and bizarre music videos released this week.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/05/04/empire-of-the-sun-more-of-the-best-music-videos-of-the-week-video.html

Mika (featuring Ariana Grande): “Popular Song”

You rang…? This “Popular Song” music video is The Addams Family meets… Wicked.

British crooner Mika samples Wicked’s broadway tune, “Popular”—originally sung by Kristin Chenoweth—and gives it an updated pop sensibility.

It’s always a pleasure to see director Chris Marrs Pilero’s unique look at the hilarity of life; he gives the video a Goth treatment, and even serves up a side of an anti-bullying message.

Edited by A. Clay

Can't you watch it on vimeo?

I could watch it illegally but that´s not the point. There are still some fans in Germany who don´t even know about the video as Universal doesn´t do anything to let fans know anything. Even the radio stations don´t know about Underwater and Popular are out as singles. I think it´s not fair that Youtube blocks all official videos and we don´t get them on his official sides.

It's because Stichting Brein is a nice organisation compared to their counterparts in Germany (yes, I know it's hard to imagine) :sneaky2:

Thanks for the answer. Strange though that Universal doesn't seem to do anything about it...

I could watch it illegally but that´s not the point. There are still some fans in Germany who don´t even know about the video as Universal doesn´t do anything to let fans know anything. Even the radio stations don´t know about Underwater and Popular are out as singles. I think it´s not fair that Youtube blocks all official videos and we don´t get them on his official sides.

It's a weird situation :blink:

I´m really sad, I asked my German Facebookfriends to write to Universal Germany and ask them to upload the vid on http://www.mikasounds.de and http://www.Myvideo.de because we don´t have a legal way to watch the vid in Germany. No one did it, I´m really dissappointed.

This is so sad and it doesn't make sense :shocked:

I'm really sorry and I hope you can watch it legally soon dear Sabine :hug:

the one on vimeo is an official version though, it was uploaded by the director of the video!

... i can watch it without any tricks. the problems are only on youtube, since they have no contract with the GEMA. it's a fight between the 2 companies, no one wants to give in, and the users have to suffer. :aah:

of course you're right that universal should promote it. but seriously, i don't expect anything from them anymore. they can't afford spending more money on promoting mika (by paying employees to promote him) because he doesn't earn them any money by selling records in germany. of course it's a vicious circle, but they did good promotion for TOOL/Celebrate, and both failed completely. of course you could say celebrate was not the best choice for a (first) single, but in fact you can't blame anyone. mika did a good album, universal did good promotion before it was released. if album and/or single had gotten anywhere near the top 20, i'm sure they'd have done more promotion back then. but it was a complete flop, so from a company's point of view, i can understand them. from a fan's view, of course it's different. but as much as i love supporting mika's promotion in germany when i have the feeling that he's trying to be popular here, i don't think he himself gives a damn about germany at the moment, so why should i do his and his management's and his record company's work? i posted about the video on the german forum and on the facebook site of the DMFC. plus, you can watch the video (the perez one) on the bravo website and the vimeo one on songexte.com, both of which you can find easily via google. so i think those fans who care and try to keep updated about mika will have seen the video. and who knows, maybe universal did even send out news about the video to the press, and that's the reason why bravo and songtexte.com even wrote about it? :wink2:

Empire of the Sun & More of the Best Music Videos of the Week (VIDEO)

by Jean Trinh May 5, 2013 4:45 AM EDT

Jason Derulo busts out his dance moves.

Mika draws out his inner Goth. WATCH VIDEO of the most entertaining, breathtaking,

and bizarre music videos released this week.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/05/04/empire-of-the-sun-more-of-the-best-music-videos-of-the-week-video.html

Mika (featuring Ariana Grande): “Popular Song”

You rang…? This “Popular Song” music video is The Addams Family meets… Wicked.

British crooner Mika samples Wicked’s broadway tune, “Popular”—originally sung by Kristin Chenoweth—and gives it an updated pop sensibility.

It’s always a pleasure to see director Chris Marrs Pilero’s unique look at the hilarity of life; he gives the video a Goth treatment, and even serves up a side of an anti-bullying message.

This is the kind of reaction I've been waiting for!

MIKA - Popular Song ft. Ariana Grande

2.015.982 views on Youtube already

Says everything and you know my dear,I try so heard but the TV station doesn't answer but I never give up:sneaky2: