But note that the difference between CET and the timezones in North America is going to be reduced by one hour on October 27th because they are switching their clocks back and we're not. Then we're going to have another adjustment at 2 am on November 3rd. That is the whole purpose of GMT since GMT is not affected by daylight savings time so everyone can figure out their timezone relative to GMT no matter what is happening with DST anywhere in the world at any given time. Why the hell are they confusing everyone with this nonsense. :doh:

Oh god,you're right! :doh: I get a feeling that this won't be so fun as I expected,last night I tried for an hour to login on their site,I hope that won't happen during the contest as well :aah:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh god,you're right! :doh: I get a feeling that this won't be so fun as I expected,last night I tried for an hour to login on their site,I hope that won't happen during the contest as well :aah:

Yes I honestly don't know if I'm going to be able to do it at all. I understand they want to make it challenging but the least they could do is give the clue times in advance. I would rather know now that I can't do it than halfway through. If they want to attract people to buy their watches they should probably not make a contest for people who have nothing else to do 24 hours a day than wait by their computer, because it seems unlikely that those people have much in the way of disposable income. :naughty:

I had the same trouble on Friday :sneaky2:

I can't login from my Ipad, this is not helpfull because my computer is old and slow sometimes.

I have bought a Swatch last Easter, a nice one, but the wristwatch is already broken and I can't change it, I don't have the warranty thing :sneaky2:

I wish I could win the Mika one now but that seems complicated :naughty: with this game !

I should go directly to the shop or e-shop :naughty:

Yes I honestly don't know if I'm going to be able to do it at all. I understand they want to make it challenging but the least they could do is give the clue times in advance. I would rather know now that I can't do it than halfway through. If they want to attract people to buy their watches they should probably not make a contest for people who have nothing else to do 24 hours a day than wait by their computer, because it seems unlikely that those people have much in the way of disposable income. :naughty:

I understand they do this kind of competitions for many years,I wonder if there is any possibility to see somewhere on their site how things went,just for making an idea.

I should go directly to the shop or e-shop :naughty:

I'm afraid this is the most reliable way to get one,I'm sure I'll do that :thumb_yello:

But note that the difference between CET and the timezones in North America is going to be reduced by one hour on October 27th because they are switching their clocks back and we're not. Then we're going to have another adjustment at 2 am on November 3rd. That is the whole purpose of GMT since GMT is not affected by daylight savings time so everyone can figure out their timezone relative to GMT no matter what is happening with DST anywhere in the world at any given time. Why the hell are they confusing everyone with this nonsense. :doh:

:aah::aah::aah:

That will mess up all my planning with my students :aah::aah:

Are you sure there will be one hour difference less between north america and europe? I mean, it's less, it's not more, right? I'm sooooo bad with this

:aah::aah::aah:

That will mess up all my planning with my students :aah::aah:

Are you sure there will be one hour difference less between north america and europe? I mean, it's less, it's not more, right? I'm sooooo bad with this

Yes. Just set all your times relative to GMT and it should eliminate misunderstanding because everyone's electronic devices set time relative to GMT so you can figure it out by opening your clock in Windows, for example. And note that British time and GMT are NOT the same. Right now British time is GMT +1 hour and CET is GMT +2 hours and the time in London will only match GMT when the clocks go back an hour next weekend. I have found myself having to explain this even to the Brits. :aah:

To sum it up:

Today: CET is GMT + 2 hours, Eastern time (New York, Boston, Montreal, Toronto, etc.) is GMT -4 hours

October 27: CET is GMT +1 hour, Eastern time is GMT -4 hours

November 3: CET is GMT +1 hour, Eastern time is GMT -5 hours

Got it? :aah::naughty:

Okay sorry forget what I said about using a Windows clock. The explanation of the timezones is not clear there because you check a box for daylight savings time so the calculation is hidden from the user and the timezone still shows as GMT -5 even if it's daylight savings time. :doh:

Anyway...just use this. :naughty:

http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

Okay sorry forget what I said about using a Windows clock. The explanation of the timezones is not clear there because you check a box for daylight savings time so the calculation is hidden from the user and the timezone still shows as GMT -5 even if it's daylight savings time. :doh:

I'm even more confused now

I'm even more confused now

Sorry I am not the one who decided to have an international time-based competition right in between two continents changing their timezones on two different weekends. :doh: Anyway it won't affect you since Swatch is providing European time. It's going to be a problem for North Americans.

CET means [ Central European Time ].

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_European_Time

Relax take it easy ! :bye:

CET it's the hour of the most European countries,as Switzerland for example :wink2:

Thanks this really helped clear up my confusion...

.......Er, maybe not xD

I think i might just 'do a Mika' and wear 3 watches at once, one set to my time, one set to CET, and one set to British time :teehee:

Thank you :huglove:

I think i might just 'do a Mika' and wear 3 watches at once, one set to my time, one set to CET, and one set to British time :teehee:

Really, just use this:

Set it for your city and Paris and you'll know what time it is in your city versus CET, on any given day. Unfortunately if the first clue is at 9:30 CET it is going to be 4:30 am in Toronto. :shocked:

:bow: :bow: :bow: Please help me !!!

I'm so confused about SWATCH beats !!! :hypo:

http://www.swatch.com/ja_jp/net.hunt/discover

"Be ready to solve the first puzzle on October 27th @400 .beats (Internet Time, measurement by Swatch).

Within 1000 .beats, you have to find the puzzle’s code – the faster you are, the more points your team is awarded.

Every day the puzzle starts at the same time.

What time is October 27th @400 .beats ?

I searched about "Swatch Internet Time" it's their wiki page.

wiki : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swatch_Internet_Time

and Swatch Internet Time Converter

http://www.csgnetwork.com/csgbmtcvt.html

:insane: but I can't understand about SWATCH beats !! Silly me....

HELP ME !!!

That swatch internet time converter only goes up to 2008 for me. Am i the only one?

Really, just use this:

Set it for your city and Paris and you'll know what time it is in your city versus CET, on any given day. Unfortunately if the first clue is at 9:30 CET it is going to be 4:30 am in Toronto. :shocked:

Oh thank you, that is perfect! Bookmarked it :D I saw that link before i posted but forgot to check it out :doh:

First clue is 3:36 am my time. Yeaaaaah, i'm gonna have to rely on my european teammates for that one

Yes. Just set all your times relative to GMT and it should eliminate misunderstanding because everyone's electronic devices set time relative to GMT so you can figure it out by opening your clock in Windows, for example. And note that British time and GMT are NOT the same. Right now British time is GMT +1 hour and CET is GMT +2 hours and the time in London will only match GMT when the clocks go back an hour next weekend. I have found myself having to explain this even to the Brits. :aah:

To sum it up:

Today: CET is GMT + 2 hours, Eastern time (New York, Boston, Montreal, Toronto, etc.) is GMT -4 hours

October 27: CET is GMT +1 hour, Eastern time is GMT -4 hours

November 3: CET is GMT +1 hour, Eastern time is GMT -5 hours

Got it? :aah::naughty:

My son was in London last week with his school and he changed hours there and he will in France soon again :lmfao:

That swatch internet time converter only goes up to 2008 for me. Am i the only one?

Oh thank you, that is perfect! Bookmarked it :D I saw that link before i posted but forgot to check it out :doh:

First clue is 3:36 am my time. Yeaaaaah, i'm gonna have to rely on my european teammates for that one

I hope I can help you !! I counted that at 9:36 starts the puzzle IN SWITZERLAND !! you need to count the difference in hours to your homecountry !!

Thats what I found out !! I hope I am right ....!!!

I counted that way : 400beats : minutes (swatchminutes ) = 576, ...

576 :60minutes = 9hours 36 minutes

I really hope I am right !!

WATCH OUT THE TIME IS CHANGING from saturday night to sunday !!(at 03.00am it will be 02.00 am )

normally we change the Time every year on the last Week end in October not in November !!! in case of that the puzzle starts at 8.36 !!! (because the 400beats are still the same amount but we change the time )

Please tell me if this is confusing you !! I tried to use my very best english and hope I cured your fears at least a little bit !!!! greetings from switzerland and good luck everyone !!

Edited by JOYCHASER

From the .nethunt page:

Another mystery to solve!

21.10.2013 / 17:00 / @ 666 .beats

Swatch Club members and all other Swatch fans, watch out: an all-new Swatch watch is coming – and the top three net.hunt teams will win it! It might just be the most fascinating mystery: What style will it be in? What colors will be used?

All these questions will be answered when the winners are fixed. So until then, you will have to be patient. However, we can already proudly present the fact that, once again, an extraordinary designer helped create this unique watch.

Who? Well, maybe you might know him from TV and radio: none other than pop star Mika! The singer of songs such as “Underwater” and “Happy Ending” brought in his very own taste in design, making the new “Mika 4 Swatch” watch his next hit.

Do you want to be the first to wear it? Then it’s time to join the Swatch net.hunt!

This is really on the worst possible time for me, the first puzzle starts at about 7:30 in the mornig :aah:

Each puzzle will fortunately start at different times. For me the first one will be at 4:30 am ... so I'll join later :aah:

I got a reply about BEATS from SWATCH Japan.

@400.beat は、日本時間の10月27日(日)17時36分を指します。

beatは、なじみがないので最初は難しいですよね。。。

公式サイトでは、各国のbeatを計算することができますので、宜しければこちらでもお試しくださいませ!

>> http://www.swatch.com/zz_en/internettime.html

@ 400.beat refers to 17:37 October 27th (Sunday) in Japan time. at first, SWATCH beat is hard to comprehend because there is no familiar. . .

In the official site, so you can calculate the beats of countries,

Please try this place even if it is good!

>> http://www.swatch.com/zz_en/internettime.html