MIKA's New Swatch Collection

dcdeb

I emailed Swatch UK and they said you will be able to purchase the Limited Edition one at the London event, but if you are unable to attend you will be put onto a reservation list (but this does not guarantee you a watch btw). Hope this helps :)

Helps immensely :thumb_yello:

I called some stores today and they don't know if they will be carrying the collection in Canada. One said their shipment of watches today did not include it so it is probably not available in stores yet. A shop girl said she knows someone at head office she can speak to in the next day or two and will call me back. But you might want to ask near you as well because if they are going to be anywhere in Canada it will be Montreal.

I went to Eliko on Ste-cath today and the guy is supposed to check and call me back to tell me when/if he will get them. I'll let you know if anything comes up. No online Swatch shop in Canada:sneaky2:

I went on the Swatch website through a link that took me to the UK on-line store. Both watches were there but I couldn't purchase them from that site. I had to go to the US Swatch on-line store where they do not have it at all. And the closest Swatch outlet to me is a mere 8 hours away. :annoyed_h4h: I'm just a little disappointed I guess because I was looking forward to the release of these watches.

Good news...I saw that an MFCer posted on Swatch US's Facebook this afternoon and they responded that Mika 4 Swatch would be in the US by November 19/20. :yay:

Ok thank you for keeping me updated about that: haven't seen or heard about anything at all in Canada, but I might call a few in Montreal by tomorrow even though Cath called at Eliko already (I might call here again to put on some more pressure ;) ) I'll tell you if I get some more news about it! Damn college doesn't let me do anything :sneaky2:

Yay for swatch being released 19/20 november in the US! I really hope it's the case in Canada!

I called both my local Swatch shop and the flagship store in Times Square New York City.

The guy at my local shop was much more knowledgeable than whoever I spoke to yesterday. He said they're expecting their next shipment of watches on November 15, next Friday, and they'll be getting their Christmas collections in -- Mika's Swatch will be among those watches, but not the special edition. He told me that the limited edition watches are only going to flagship stores and suggested I call NYC. But he was very nice and took my name and number, saying he'd call me next week when the new shipment arrives. :thumb_yello:

So I called NYC and they said they're due to get a new shipment next week, but they don't know what will be in it. The girl said even though they're the flagship store, they sometimes have to get certain watches from other stores. :blink: Anyhow, she told me to call back next week, which I will, and I will hope I speak to someone other than her. :naughty:

I called both my local Swatch shop and the flagship store in Times Square New York City.

The guy at my local shop was much more knowledgeable than whoever I spoke to yesterday. He said they're expecting their next shipment of watches on November 15, next Friday, and they'll be getting their Christmas collections in -- Mika's Swatch will be among those watches, but not the special edition. He told me that the limited edition watches are only going to flagship stores and suggested I call NYC. But he was very nice and took my name and number, saying he'd call me next week when the new shipment arrives. :thumb_yello:

So I called NYC and they said they're due to get a new shipment next week, but they don't know what will be in it. The girl said even though they're the flagship store, they sometimes have to get certain watches from other stores. :blink: Anyhow, she told me to call back next week, which I will, and I will hope I speak to someone other than her. :naughty:

Thanks for all the info Deb! Did they happen to mention anything about price?

L’IDOLO IN LAGUNA

Mika a Venezia, fan a caccia Sta in Biennale con Swatch

http://mattinopadova.gelocal.it/cronaca/2013/11/06/news/mika-a-venezia-fan-a-caccia-sta-in-biennale-con-swatch-1.8065245

VENEZIA. Ìl nuovo Swatch ha la faccia di Mika e Mika la faccia di uno che si diverte un sacco. Testimonial del marchio svizzero, scelto (anche) per via dei suoi 30 anni tondi tondi che coincidono con l’età degli orologi di plastica più venduti al mondo, il cantante libanese ha diligentemente twittato la sua incursione di ieri in laguna tirandosi dietro i sospiri e gli appostamenti del suo seguito di adoratrici che l’ha tampinato per tutto il giorno.

È all’hotel Europa & Regina. No, è sulla terrazza del Monaco. No, è a Rialto. Di certo farà un salto nel negozio Swatch delle Mercerie dove invece c’erano solo le commesse un po’ avvilite che ripetevano di non saperne niente, vuoi per la consegna del silenzio vuoi perché davvero tutto si è mosso ai piani molto alti, secondo una regia di marketing che guarda molto all’arte, ai giovani e al futuro e che ha fatto della Swatch un main sponsor della Biennale di Arti Visive.

Arrivato a Venezia all’ora di colazione insieme alla sorella Yasmine, stringate pitonate, camicia bianca, giacca nera, Mika ha sparso indizi di dov’era postando le sue foto in motoscafo lungo il Canal Grande, esultando con “Here we are” e materializzandosi infine a Ca’ Giustinian per presentare i due nuovi Swatch (uno limited edition e l’altro illimited) ai quali ha dato forma e sostanza. Un po’ tribali, un po’ etnici, un tocco primitivo e un altro fumettistico, coloratissimi, i due orologi di Mika presentati ieri in anteprima si aggiungono al progetto Swatch Faces, ovvero le facce - tutte belle, tutte di 30 enni - che la Swatch aveva scelto per festeggiarsi portandole nel giugno scorso alla Biennale con tanto di Swatch party finale all’isola di San Giorgio.

«Inventare un orologio era il mio sogno, anche se non so tanto bene leggere il tempo» ha spiegato Mika che ovviamente, pur avendo un polso solo, ha una collezione intera di orologi che cambia ogni mattina così come cambia maglietta. Comprensibilmente felice anche il presidente della Biennale Paolo Baratta che ha ricordato come gli artisti vengano volentieri alla Biennale «perché c’è un clima rilassato, senza numeri uno o numeri due, con una pluralità di voci che è indispensabile per la creatività».

641y.jpg

VENEZIA. Ìl nuovo Swatch ha la faccia di Mika e Mika la faccia di uno che si diverte un sacco. Testimonial del marchio svizzero, scelto (anche) per via dei suoi 30 anni tondi tondi che coincidono con...

I went to Eliko on Ste-cath today and the guy is supposed to check and call me back to tell me when/if he will get them. I'll let you know if anything comes up. No online Swatch shop in Canada:sneaky2:

I want to buy this watch too. Can you tell me when you have the answer please?

Thanks for all the info Deb! Did they happen to mention anything about price?

TBH, I didn't even ask, because I know I'll buy one no matter the price. (Unless it's a thousand dollars, of course. :teehee:)

I asked Swatch US on Twitter about availability in the US, and they finally answered me today. They said what the local stores have been saying -- mid-November, which is actually next week already. :shocked:

I saw a mention of the watches on a site awhile ago that the special edition would be US $150 which is in keeping with the European prices. I hope they are not going to mark it up in Canada like they seem to do with everything. Because with 13% sales tax it would end up costing closer to $200.

Still not having any luck with the shop but she did say she'd get an answer by Monday.

I've just bought big blue watch in Milan :aah: The price is 55 Euro. It is huge for my arm, you can see photos on my Twitter and Instagram :wink2: But I really love it! And I love the name "Kukulakuku" :teehee: I asked about limited edition watch. The girl said it's for Swatch Club members only.

Edited by Mousetrap

TBH, I didn't even ask, because I know I'll buy one no matter the price. (Unless it's a thousand dollars, of course. :teehee:)

I asked Swatch US on Twitter about availability in the US, and they finally answered me today. They said what the local stores have been saying -- mid-November, which is actually next week already. :shocked:

I'll buy one too, its just a matter of which one :teehee:

I saw a mention of the watches on a site awhile ago that the special edition would be US $150 which is in keeping with the European prices. I hope they are not going to mark it up in Canada like they seem to do with everything. Because with 13% sales tax it would end up costing closer to $200.

Still not having any luck with the shop but she did say she'd get an answer by Monday.

I asked Deb about price because i was also hoping they're not going to mark up the price :sneaky2:

I asked Deb about price because i was also hoping they're not going to mark up the price :sneaky2:

No it's just Canadians who get scammed that way. Everything we buy here is more expensive which is why there is so much cross-border shopping. It made sense when the US dollar was really high compared to the Canadian dollar but when the dollars reached par value nothing changed. :sneaky2:

I'll buy one too, its just a matter of which one :teehee:

Well, I hope we have a choice. I've heard a couple people now say that they were told the LE Swatch is just for Swatch Club members. Well, technically, I *am* a Swatch Club member -- had to sign up for the net hunt. But I'm not a *premium* member, which is what they mean... and I don't know if I'm going to buy a special Swatch Club Swatch just so I can have the privilege of buying Mika's Swatch. :aah:

Well, I hope we have a choice. I've heard a couple people now say that they were told the LE Swatch is just for Swatch Club members. Well, technically, I *am* a Swatch Club member -- had to sign up for the net hunt. But I'm not a *premium* member, which is what they mean... and I don't know if I'm going to buy a special Swatch Club Swatch just so I can have the privilege of buying Mika's Swatch. :aah:

That's insane. :loco:

I'm not talking about you Deb, I'm talking about Swatch Club rules. :teehee:

Well, I hope we have a choice. I've heard a couple people now say that they were told the LE Swatch is just for Swatch Club members.

The lady from a Swatch Store in Germany told me that you don't need to be a club member on the phone. I hope it's really true, otherwise I would have have a problem :aah: Maybe it's different in the single countries?