MIKA@'Che tempo che fa' Italian tv show-14 DEC. 2013

robertina

I loved the performance, acoustic he is just the best :wub2: Stardust was so lovely and I liked the version of Lollipop very much, as well as the long "raiiiiiiin" instead of "rain rain rain".

I liked that too,it sounds much better for the acoustic version of Rain :thumb_yello: And Stardust :wub2: He should make a video of this version,only in english,and only his voice :wub2:

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've decided to actually write something instead of just lurking :naughty:

Big thanks to everyone who organised yesterday, it was great seeing everyone - and seeing so many fans in the audience! On the way out after the show everyone around me, people I didn't know, were talking about Mika and how good he was. Being the soppy old fool that I am I actually cried during Stardust, at that point I was happy to be up in the cheap seats and away from the cameras!! :roftl: And the medley was brilliant, I especially loved that version of Lollipop.

It still amazes me to see how well he speaks Italian, I've learned the language myself so I know how difficult it is to speak with the confidence that he has, but it seems to come naturally to him, and I really admire him for that. I'm sad that the Italian adventure's over, but it couldn't have ended in a better way.

It's taken me 7 years to decide but I think Stardust is my truly favourite Mika song. Every acoustic performance is just magical and this is an exceptional example. I actually enjoyed Lollipop - and it's been a cery long time since I can honestly say that.

I am having a love hate relationship with his jacket.

What a lovely show ! Thanks for sharing here.

I was watching and my only thought was - I miss his live performances so much! How I love them:wub2: ( him) :wub2:

I agree - Stardust and Rain have a huge potential hidden behind the album versions. But look how acoustic versions reveal it. Wow .

Mika speaking Italian has also fascinated me.

Well, I guess I`m happy for the rest of the day:swoon:

It's taken me 7 years to decide but I think Stardust is my truly favourite Mika song. Every acoustic performance is just magical and this is an exceptional example. I actually enjoyed Lollipop - and it's been a cery long time since I can honestly say that.

Not sure where the love part is tbh, but if he sings like that he can wear any ridiculous outfit he wants

That was wonderful, what a perfect performance! :wub2:

I would be very happy if someone could translate the interview. I could follow most of it, but at some points I was lost. Pretty please?

I'll give it a go later today if no one beats me to it. :)

I've certainly seen a number of special performances of Stardust and this was one of the best. :fangurl:

The jacket doesn't bother me -- not a favorite, but not the worst thing I've ever seen either. And honestly, I was so captivated by his voice, I barely noticed what he was wearing.

I like everything - his jacket, his sincere joy, his spontaneity, and, most of all, his VOICE! Every little subtlety, every change of the usual songs moments. The solution for Rain was ideal, and his purring voice in the end of Lollipop was irresistible.

Yes, the JOY is what really came through for me. He just emanated happiness, so much so that I even said that to myself while I was watching. :wub2:

What a lovely show ! Thanks for sharing here.

I was watching and my only thought was - I miss his live performances so much! How I love them:wub2: ( him) :wub2:

I agree - Stardust and Rain have a huge potential hidden behind the album versions. But look how acoustic versions reveal it. Wow .

Mika speaking Italian has also fascinated me.

Well, I guess I`m happy for the rest of the day:swoon:

Agree, agree, agree. :thumb_yello:

i LOVED his performance.

What a voice! :swoon:

Yep, as I already said to you, I'm feeling the love. :mikalove:

Not sure where the love part is tbh, but if he sings like that he can wear any ridiculous outfit he wants

I like the cut and the way it fits him and emphasizes his great posture at the piano. And I like that the yellow stripe creates a sort of very subtle faux tartan. And I can almost convince myself that the red buttons give it a necessary Mikaish splash of colour. But red lapels...there is no pretending that red lapels are anything but hideously tacky. Even Mika cannot make red lapels work.

I had promised myself I was not going to see any of these shows cause I couldn´t relate to anything regarding Mika and Italian or Mika and French, but after reading all the comments, I did.

AND OH MY GOD WHAT A GREAT DECISION! This was a great performance, with his music, his piano, Max, Curtis... Almost a normal Mika gig. His voice sounds great and I really miss these kind of performances.

I know it´s not me the only one unable to relate to all this X Factor/ The Voice shows, and as the same as many of my friends here, I still like him, his music and everything regarding his musical creativity. I hope there will be more performances like this one.

I like the cut and the way it fits him and emphasizes his great posture at the piano. And I like that the yellow stripe creates a sort of very subtle faux tartan. And I can almost convince myself that the red buttons give it a necessary Mikaish splash of colour. But red lapels...there is no pretending that red lapels are anything but hideously tacky. Even Mika cannot make red lapels work.

You paid better attention than me. Those hideous red things quickly made me decide not to look at the jacket at all :aah:

I'm reading you by my mobile. As soon as I come home I'll rewatch the video since I so need to listen to him again. When it comes to the interview, he was a way more funny and witty (thank Roberta for this word) than the guys before, who try to be funny for work. I read Deb would translate it, I could try do to it, but not before this evening. Please let me know if I could be helpful or not.:wink2:

Edited by Elwendin

Acustic tour should be amazing and around Europe we have such beautiful theatres... I was so happy to be there in the studio with Mfcers .. Performance was so great ... I did not meet him again :doh:

Thanks again a Xsmas present in advance:huglove:

I had promised myself I was not going to see any of these shows cause I couldn´t relate to anything regarding Mika and Italian or Mika and French, but after reading all the comments, I did.

AND OH MY GOD WHAT A GREAT DECISION! This was a great performance, with his music, his piano, Max, Curtis... Almost a normal Mika gig. His voice sounds great and I really miss these kind of performances.

I know it´s not me the only one unable to relate to all this X Factor/ The Voice shows, and as the same as many of my friends here, I still like him, his music and everything regarding his musical creativity. I hope there will be more performances like this one.

:thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

That`s what we`re talking about. (I am). Totally agree. Solidarity is a pleasant feeling.

This is where he truly belongs, behind a piano, singing those amazing songs with his fantastic voice. No one can convince me they'd rather see him behind a judging panel than on stage doing what he does best.

It's much like those "queuing is fun" arguments. We'd all rather be sitting in a nice warm pub and we'd all rather see Mika showing the world he can sing than wasting his talents on that.

I am actually loving this jacket, I was wondering how I could inspire myself from it in a future project of mine... maybe I'm weird :teehee: