MIKA@'Che tempo che fa' Italian tv show-14 DEC. 2013

robertina

The performance was great and stardust was beautiful! It was lovely to see Curtis and Max back on stage :) regarding the outfit, sadly I think red doesn't look good on him, it washes him out completely make him look slightly vampireish :/ I liked the tartan though just not the red lapels.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This performance was incredibly good and confirms to me that Mika was/is/will be an amazing performer:thumb_yello:

:thumb_yello: Exactly - this was goosebumps from start till end - just watched it - lovely!! :wub2:

Thanks in advance, to the one who will do the big job with translating the long interview ...:blush-anim-cl:

Love,love

me

Luciana Littizzetto, an actress regular guest on sunday, is saying now that she is very disappointed they invited Mika on saturday and not on sunday.

She says that Mika is smart, nice, beautiful and funny and when she is at tv program on sunday they always invite ugly and old people. :naughty:

She is a fan!!! :thumb_yello:

Ok, I'll try to translate.

F: Mika! How nice to meet you. Please, take a seat. You are very tall!

M: Yes, everybody says that to me

F: 'cause we always see you sittig while judging at XF. Songbook vol. 1 only for Italy. It's colourful like you music, your sound

M: yes, we did all this project in italy, here in milan, because I wanted to show my musical history since the beginning till now, this year so...

F: amazing

M: yes, and weird too. But, wait, while sitting, you are taller than me, this can't work

F: wait (he gets his chair down)

M: ah! thank you! I have to say that the man who had me to sign my contract for my label (? Compagnia discografica, Universal I suppose), when we started he was quite important, but now he's the ultimate boss of everything, during 7 years he did a transformation (but he told the word in a way which seemed another italian word: transumanza) so his chairs...

F: a trasformazione.. you told transumazione

M: yes, Rossana Casala always told me to say trasformazione

F: transumazione.. transumanza... is nice, it's a difficult word, it means when the sheep are taken from the fields to the village. Who does know transumanza? Nobody! He's very talented. You know that this is a miracle? How do you speak italian like that?

M: What I meant to tell before the italian lesson, anyway thank you so much, is that his chairs during 7 years are first like this and then every time I go and see him at the office, now that he's pretty important... (he stands up to show how much the man chairs are higher than before). And the table is like that (he shows with his hands).

F: so now he's so important.... In italy something crazy happend

M: yes, this year was one of the most beautiful in my life because it's as a new door openend and I found out a new culture which is not so different from my libanese culture. Yes, I did the choice to do XF because that was a challenge that scared me and still does a bit. I told, this is a bit crazy, I know, I can't speak italian, I said all that in english, I don't know why I'm doing this but who cares

F: Bravo!!! (A kind of kudos) This is what I say every day to my self, this is the watchword to be happy. La leggerezza (someone please help me here!!!) is the most difficult conquest

M: But I told no to others shows that are in languages I know

F: yes, but that would be easy... so when did you start to learn italian?

M: When? this is pretty important, I started to learn it a month and a half before the first castings

F: wait, so what month that was?

M: euhhhh.... we started in ..... (puzzled)

F: june:

M: yes, june and so.... I'm dyslexic, I can't count backwards

F: ok, I'll tell you: in april

M: april, thank you. We started in april and I have to thank my teacher, I wouldn't be able to do all this without her, she's sicilian, her name is isabella.

F: Isabella, teach me

M: for me, that was the time in the day when I am a monster, in the morning...

F: monster? why?

M: because I'm a kind of like that (now you see him curbing and getting a grumpy face)

F: because you live by night

M: yeah, always, we work by night

F: you never go to bed early

M: no, I can't.

F: oh, sorry, didn't mean to offend you (ironic voice)

M I get a bit hyperactive but during the morning I'm like the human involution, I start like a ... how do you say? a monkey

F: what?

M: a monkey

F: una scimmia

M: una scimmia but then I do all the human evolution, with a cup of coffee, within an hour, all the Darwin evolution and en up like this, to be me again.

M: but little Isabella had to see me every morning, just a strong sicilian like her could..

F: you had a russian singing teacher as well

M: yes, before, because I was kicked out of school.

F: but you switched between so many schools, France, America (!!!!), that's not easy. So a russian singer teacher...

M: I didn't go to schoolf for a year I didn't attend school, when I was 10 y.o. and she came shortlyfrom Russia, she was pretty soviet block like that. Very elegant and very strong.

F: what did you learn form her?

M: basically discipline. Between her and my libanese mom... I eventually preferred to go to school (lol)

F: how do people learn to sing?

M: how do you say with pain in italian?

F: fatigue

M with much fatigue (then he notices that's not what he meant, he knows how to translate in italian better than the showman....) No! Not fatigue ...

Pain like ouch!

F: yes, fatigue, hard work (meanwhile we in the audience were screaming paiiiinnnnnnn till he got it)

F: dolore

M: dolore! To me it is a completely negative meaning. I had to practise every single day, I used to do classical music, I had a skill to do a pretty difficult contemporary music (he gest the wrong accent on contemporanea and the showman repeats it, so people laugh, but not in a mean way. He's juste cute when he does it, even if he hates to be cute this way)

F: before doing contemporanE'a music you sang in an opera, you was 11 y.o.

M: that was a contemporary classical opera

F: (to the audience) what do you laugh at, I wish I could see you .... (no one is being mean, though, just kidding)

M: what I mean is that my music now is not a difficult contemporary one, But at that time, I had to sing in japanese or polish and I had to learn all that just using my ears for I can't read music sheets.

F: do you read music now?

M: no.

F: so you just go by ear (someone help me here as well !!! bad translation, sorry), That's a gift you have

M: no, to me the gift would be to be able to read music sheets.

F: I saw you have a home in Milan

M: yes, a flat

F: so you think you will come back? Often?

M: I'd like to. (it was just me or his voice there got a king of mischievious?)

F: your home, I read on a magazine, has kitchen, two living rooms, bedroom, white piumati chandeliers

M: piumati?

F: yes, I don't know how to say that in english. With piume

M: piume? (We, the audience: feathers! Then he gets it)

F: a statue, optical rugs, paintings...

M: what are you doing?

F: I don't know, never been there, but I'm reading, animal embroided sheets ....

M: this is not a renting commercial!!! Do you want to rent my flat?

F: I read you put a lot of stuff over there. What do you buy?

M: yes, a lot. For instance I have plenty of lebanese paintings, a lot from syria, since I love arabic contemporary art, and the stuff I do with with my sister. Drawings and sculptures. It's a workshop. My home is my workshop as well. That is not always comfy, still...

F: listen , I want to ask you a thing. What is weird in italy? There's something about us that you do think is weird?

M: mhhh. I don't know, but there's one beatiful thing in italy...

F: oh. so there is ONE beautiful thing in italy.... (lol) No, I mean weird.

M: I don't know... maybe.... risotto. It's not good. I don't like it. It's just raw rice withs ome sauce. But where is the meat? where is the chicken? A week ago I went to a very nice dinner...

F: Where?

M: I can't tell. At someone's place. I went and they were enthusiastic to eat. There was some salad, ok, that's fine, and after it came a dish with a not well cooked rice and sauce. And he wondered why all people were excited about that dinner and obsessed with risotto.

F: risotto is typical for milano

M: imo, I prefer south italy food.

F: (introduce songbook, Mika make clear the it's-not-a-greatest-hits-since-I'm-not-done thing. )

Now a bit of teasing about some italian words he mispoke in these past months, and now he manages to get them straight. Almost.

Stupigia ..... Stupidaggine!

Kudos!!!!!

Hugs, kudos again for his energy and positivity.

And medley for us !!!!

This two hours translation is my apologize to Nina for not having been able to translate anything live. I'm sorry, but you noticed my spoken english is crappy.

That evening, at the restaurant, the waitress proposed risotto to us.

Guess what was our answer!!!!!!

Edited by Elwendin

Luciana Littizzetto, an actress regular guest on sunday, is saying now that she is very disappointed they invited Mika on saturday and not on sunday.

She says that Mika is smart, nice, beautiful and funny and when she is at tv program on sunday they always invite ugly and old people. :naughty:

:lmfao: that's too funny! :aah:

Ingie, thank you so much for that synagogue video!!!!!

I need to look for more :)

There is a lot more where that came from:

[YOUTUBE]O08LxZgp-Eo[/YOUTUBE]

Or this version of Happy Ending. Not just saying that because I happened to be in the video not ruining it that time:mf_rosetinted:

[YOUTUBE]1AZz3AVS98M[/YOUTUBE]

yes, she is indeed! :thumb_yello::naughty::wub2:

Thanks for the translation. I guess he hasn't tried good risotto with vegetables and spices; It's one of the few options for vegetarians to eat at Italian restaurants and I for one like it :shun: There's a million other options for meat eaters so don't be whining Mika lol

VANITY FAIR

http://www.vanityfair.it/people/mondo/13/12/15/mika-che-tempo-che-fa-fabio-fazio

Mika: «Al mattino sono un mostro»

Il cantante ospite di "Che tempo che fa":

«Ho imparato l'italiano in un mese e mezzo»

Ironico e divertente. Proprio come l'hanno conosciuto i fan di X Factor.

Dopo l'exploit da giudice durante l'edizione 2013 del talent di Sky (anche se la vittoria finale è andata a Michele, cantante di Morgan),

Mika è stato ospite sabato sera da Fabio Fazio, durante Che tempo che fa.

Rivelandosi così (e raccontandosi) a una platea televisiva ancor più vasta.

Oltre a intrattenere il pubblico con alcuni successi contenuti in Songbook Vol.1,

la sua raccolta da poco nei negozi di dischi,

il cantante ha dato l'ennesima prova di simpatia.

Prima ha raccontato di aver imparato l'italiano in un mese e mezzo circa di studio.

«Sai come ho fatto dopo alcune lezioni per togliermi la vergogna?

Ho detto: chi se ne frega!». E giù applausi.

«Ma non avrei potuto fare niente di tutto questo senza la mia insegnante siciliana che si chiama Isabella»

ha aggiunto.

«E' stata costretta a vedermi tutte la mattine, dimostrando di essere molto forte perché io al mattino sono un mostro».

Come mai?

«Durante la notte voglio sempre lavorare, sono iperattivo.

Ma al mattino sono come la "desevoluzione umana": inizio come una scimmia,

poi bevo il caffè e nel giro di un'ora faccio tutta l’evoluzione umana per arrivare a come mi vedete».

Il bilancio dell'esperienza degli ultimi mesi nel nostro Paese è però nettamente positivo.

«Questo è stato uno degli anni più importanti della mia vita, perché mi si è aperta un’altra finestra su una cultura, quella italiana, che non è troppo lontana dalla mia d’origine, la libanese».

Qualcosa che non capisci dell'Italia?

«Il risotto, non mi piace: riso crudo, con una salsa. Dov’è la carne?».

11393992813_1db7f217ba_o.jpg

11393880426_c9140388e1_o.jpg

11393882336_e4c6a464d2_o.jpg

11393876706_db3c753c70_o.jpg

11393906904_1767c7d727_o.jpg

11393907024_75b7c0bbd5_o.jpg

11393880666_0a82013305_o.jpg

11393879076_08d6d24646_o.jpg

11393876866_d3e5535989_o.jpg

11394000433_2827c5757a_o.jpg

Thanks for the translation Sylvie!! :flowers2:

This two hours translation is my apologize to Nina for not having been able to translate anything live. I'm sorry, but you noticed my spoken english is crappy.

That evening, at the restaurant, the waitress proposed risotto to us.

Guess what was our answer!!!!!!

Oh, there was not even time for translating anything in that situation, so naturally didn't expect it! But your English was good, so much better than mine!

Hahah, that risotto thing was so funny. I can understand his point though. Personally I love Italian risotto, maybe because it's one of those things I can eat.

Thanks for the translation Sylvie!! :flowers2:

Oh, there was not even time for translating anything in that situation, so naturally didn't expect it! But your English was good, so much better than mine!

Hahah, that risotto thing was so funny. I can understand his point though. Personally I love Italian risotto, maybe because it's one of those things I can eat.

Risotto?? What is it ? I've already cancelled it from my dictionary :naughty:

why have a risotto when you can have lasagne? :mf_rosetinted:

btw I totally agree with him, risotto is good, but not my favourite. :original:

and I cannot but underline the fact that he's 100% italian now. Just watch 3 italians together...look at the clock...after less than 10 minutes they'll start chatting about FOOD!!! It's phisiological.