MIKA@'Che tempo che fa' Italian tv show-14 DEC. 2013

robertina

why have a risotto when you can have lasagne? :mf_rosetinted:

btw I totally agree with him, risotto is good, but not my favourite. :original:

and I cannot but underline the fact that he's 100% italian now. Just watch 3 italians together...look at the clock...after less than 10 minutes they'll start chatting about FOOD!!! It's phisiological.

I can do that, does that make me Italian too? :naughty:

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But... Elwendin... Just a translation? :crybaby:

No long report, no party :no:

You are right, I was surprised not to see many reports, as there were so many people registered for it :dunno:

Elwendin, we are waiting for you :wink2:

But actually you already worked very much with the translation, thank you :huglove:

Si, grazie mille for the translation, Elwendin -- I ran out of time yesterday.

And yes, where are all the reports and surely there must be photos?

With this many attendees, I was hoping for a few at least! Please? :pray:

Dear friends...

about reports...

we are without words because the tv video speaks for itself and you all already noticed how much it was great! :thumb_yello:

Pictures were not allowed but press were there, you can search official images.

In my opinion one of the best thing of a tv show is... the silence!

After applauses you can ear just the music and the voice. No fisching people, not screaming girls, just few of us singing very low in a not disturbing way and just the rytm of the clap during Grace Kelly...

I have ancient opinions but this is music for me.

I know that in a big gig in arena, stadium, big theatre the "noise" of the audience is part of the atmosphere... but... music needs silence in the background :wink2: especially when a (baby) grand piano is there :original:

yes, pictures were not allowed, they were very strict.

As for the report....what to say more?

I feel so priviledged, so lucky. It was exactly what I expected and wished, something acoustic, and that was the right programme.

So everything was perfect, and I enjoyed it so much.

He's conquered every heart here, young and less young ones.

I wonder why he hasn't planned some little acoustic sessions, to make people understand his greatness. Oh well.... one thing is certain, me and mika's decisions (or his managers/label's) are not on the same wave length :mf_rosetinted:

Elwendin thank you for your hard work of translation :wub2:

For the report, I wrote one a lot of posts ago but I think that has been lost between pics and the video of the performance :teehee:

By the way, can't really forget his incredible voice :wub2:

It was a snow storm outside for days, no electricity (:hair:), no heating or charging the phone, and still I preferred to use the last battery percents for watching this performance. Worth every second!!!! :kachinga::wub2:

Glad to see you have your priorities right :naughty:

(and I hope you have electricity now)

Ok, I'll try to translate.

F: Mika! How nice to meet you. Please, take a seat. You are very tall!

M: Yes, everybody says that to me

F: 'cause we always see you sittig while judging at XF. Songbook vol. 1 only for Italy. It's colourful like you music, your sound

M: yes, we did all this project in italy, here in milan, because I wanted to show my musical history since the beginning till now, this year so...

F: amazing

M: yes, and weird too. But, wait, while sitting, you are taller than me, this can't work

F: wait (he gets his chair down)

M: ah! thank you! I have to say that the man who had me to sign my contract for my label (? Compagnia discografica, Universal I suppose), when we started he was quite important, but now he's the ultimate boss of everything, during 7 years he did a transformation (but he told the word in a way which seemed another italian word: transumanza) so his chairs...

F: a trasformazione.. you told transumazione

M: yes, Rossana Casala always told me to say trasformazione

F: transumazione.. transumanza... is nice, it's a difficult word, it means when the sheep are taken from the fields to the village. Who does know transumanza? Nobody! He's very talented. You know that this is a miracle? How do you speak italian like that?

M: What I meant to tell before the italian lesson, anyway thank you so much, is that his chairs during 7 years are first like this and then every time I go and see him at the office, now that he's pretty important... (he stands up to show how much the man chairs are higher than before). And the table is like that (he shows with his hands).

F: so now he's so important.... In italy something crazy happend

M: yes, this year was one of the most beautiful in my life because it's as a new door openend and I found out a new culture which is not so different from my libanese culture. Yes, I did the choice to do XF because that was a challenge that scared me and still does a bit. I told, this is a bit crazy, I know, I can't speak italian, I said all that in english, I don't know why I'm doing this but who cares

F: Bravo!!! (A kind of kudos) This is what I say every day to my self, this is the watchword to be happy. La leggerezza (someone please help me here!!!) is the most difficult conquest

M: But I told no to others shows that are in languages I know

F: yes, but that would be easy... so when did you start to learn italian?

M: When? this is pretty important, I started to learn it a month and a half before the first castings

F: wait, so what month that was?

M: euhhhh.... we started in ..... (puzzled)

F: june:

M: yes, june and so.... I'm dyslexic, I can't count backwards

F: ok, I'll tell you: in april

M: april, thank you. We started in april and I have to thank my teacher, I wouldn't be able to do all this without her, she's sicilian, her name is isabella.

F: Isabella, teach me

M: for me, that was the time in the day when I am a monster, in the morning...

F: monster? why?

M: because I'm a kind of like that (now you see him curbing and getting a grumpy face)

F: because you live by night

M: yeah, always, we work by night

F: you never go to bed early

M: no, I can't.

F: oh, sorry, didn't mean to offend you (ironic voice)

M I get a bit hyperactive but during the morning I'm like the human involution, I start like a ... how do you say? a monkey

F: what?

M: a monkey

F: una scimmia

M: una scimmia but then I do all the human evolution, with a cup of coffee, within an hour, all the Darwin evolution and en up like this, to be me again.

M: but little Isabella had to see me every morning, just a strong sicilian like her could..

F: you had a russian singing teacher as well

M: yes, before, because I was kicked out of school.

F: but you switched between so many schools, France, America (!!!!), that's not easy. So a russian singer teacher...

M: I didn't go to schoolf for a year I didn't attend school, when I was 10 y.o. and she came shortlyfrom Russia, she was pretty soviet block like that. Very elegant and very strong.

F: what did you learn form her?

M: basically discipline. Between her and my libanese mom... I eventually preferred to go to school (lol)

F: how do people learn to sing?

M: how do you say with pain in italian?

F: fatigue

M with much fatigue (then he notices that's not what he meant, he knows how to translate in italian better than the showman....) No! Not fatigue ...

Pain like ouch!

F: yes, fatigue, hard work (meanwhile we in the audience were screaming paiiiinnnnnnn till he got it)

F: dolore

M: dolore! To me it is a completely negative meaning. I had to practise every single day, I used to do classical music, I had a skill to do a pretty difficult contemporary music (he gest the wrong accent on contemporanea and the showman repeats it, so people laugh, but not in a mean way. He's juste cute when he does it, even if he hates to be cute this way)

F: before doing contemporanE'a music you sang in an opera, you was 11 y.o.

M: that was a contemporary classical opera

F: (to the audience) what do you laugh at, I wish I could see you .... (no one is being mean, though, just kidding)

M: what I mean is that my music now is not a difficult contemporary one, But at that time, I had to sing in japanese or polish and I had to learn all that just using my ears for I can't read music sheets.

F: do you read music now?

M: no.

F: so you just go by ear (someone help me here as well !!! bad translation, sorry), That's a gift you have

M: no, to me the gift would be to be able to read music sheets.

F: I saw you have a home in Milan

M: yes, a flat

F: so you think you will come back? Often?

M: I'd like to. (it was just me or his voice there got a king of mischievious?)

F: your home, I read on a magazine, has kitchen, two living rooms, bedroom, white piumati chandeliers

M: piumati?

F: yes, I don't know how to say that in english. With piume

M: piume? (We, the audience: feathers! Then he gets it)

F: a statue, optical rugs, paintings...

M: what are you doing?

F: I don't know, never been there, but I'm reading, animal embroided sheets ....

M: this is not a renting commercial!!! Do you want to rent my flat?

F: I read you put a lot of stuff over there. What do you buy?

M: yes, a lot. For instance I have plenty of lebanese paintings, a lot from syria, since I love arabic contemporary art, and the stuff I do with with my sister. Drawings and sculptures. It's a workshop. My home is my workshop as well. That is not always comfy, still...

F: listen , I want to ask you a thing. What is weird in italy? There's something about us that you do think is weird?

M: mhhh. I don't know, but there's one beatiful thing in italy...

F: oh. so there is ONE beautiful thing in italy.... (lol) No, I mean weird.

M: I don't know... maybe.... risotto. It's not good. I don't like it. It's just raw rice withs ome sauce. But where is the meat? where is the chicken? A week ago I went to a very nice dinner...

F: Where?

M: I can't tell. At someone's place. I went and they were enthusiastic to eat. There was some salad, ok, that's fine, and after it came a dish with a not well cooked rice and sauce. And he wondered why all people were excited about that dinner and obsessed with risotto.

F: risotto is typical for milano

M: imo, I prefer south italy food.

F: (introduce songbook, Mika make clear the it's-not-a-greatest-hits-since-I'm-not-done thing. )

Now a bit of teasing about some italian words he mispoke in these past months, and now he manages to get them straight. Almost.

Stupigia ..... Stupidaggine!

Kudos!!!!!

Hugs, kudos again for his energy and positivity.

And medley for us !!!!

This two hours translation is my apologize to Nina for not having been able to translate anything live. I'm sorry, but you noticed my spoken english is crappy.

That evening, at the restaurant, the waitress proposed risotto to us.

Guess what was our answer!!!!!!

Thank you so much Sylvie :huglove::huglove::huglove::huglove: That was fun :biggrin2: and for some reason I can't watch the video although Mika shared it on his facebook :sad: so at least I know what they said now :thumb_yello:

I yet have to try risotto but is it worth it now ? :naughty:

I'd like to translate this interview in French :wink2:

Luciana Littizzetto, an actress regular guest on sunday, is saying now that she is very disappointed they invited Mika on saturday and not on sunday.

She says that Mika is smart, nice, beautiful and funny and when she is at tv program on sunday they always invite ugly and old people. :naughty:

She is a fan!!! :thumb_yello:

:yay: I hope she joins MFC :naughty::thumb_yello: I like what she says about Mika :thumb_yello:

Thanks for sharing Allegra :huglove:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

Here I am

Yesterday I got a day off but spent it on chores and headache, I guess I stretched it too much (600 km on sunday anch chitty chatty till 2 am with some mfc as usual....)

On sunday I didn't wrote a report because, after those km and the translation, I was done.

Besides I had a lot to process. It took me two days to sort it out. I didn't even read on mfc as usual.

Allegra, I never thought you would miss my report :aah: I'll write one just fory you, about ten pages, and send a PM :naughty:

I'm doing a tiny report now. Will post in a while.

Here I am

Yesterday I got a day off but spent it on chores and headache, I guess I stretched it too much (600 km on sunday anch chitty chatty till 2 am with some mfc as usual....)

On sunday I didn't wrote a report because, after those km and the translation, I was done.

Besides I had a lot to process. It took me two days to sort it out. I didn't even read on mfc as usual.

Allegra, I never thought you would miss my report :aah: I'll write one just fory you, about ten pages, and send a PM :naughty:

I'm doing a tiny report now. Will post in a while.

I want the long version too :fisch:

and for some reason I can't watch the video although Mika shared it on his facebook :sad: :

deb posted a youtube link a few pages back, maybe that works for you? the one on mika's fb is also the one on the tv station's website, that i can't watch on my tablet or mobile.

Edited by mellody

I suppose the fate wanted me to fill up with endorfins to face the next months. There is no other explanation why I could see him twice in a week, two perfect warm, fog free saturdays, and fun people to share it with me. I'm still waiting for the tricky part.

Well, maybe italian bureaucracy was it, but that was a so little glitch that I'm still waiting for something else.

Anyway, I'll skip the whole trip part this time, even if it was just nicer than the previous one. I enjoyed so much the company and learnt that waisting time eating a sandwich in a crossroad because you presume people won't enjoy too much time with you is silly and make passing-by people think you are a carolina waiting for customers :aah:

So, nice nice travel, then queueing outside Rai studios. For me queueing is still fun, I've just done it twice and the weather was never bad, which meant meeting people, knowing people, talking with people. Which eventually means to deal with my shyness, improving my social skills and confidence, if it goes well. If it goes wrong, it means to deal with frustration and loss of self esteem, but apparently I got lucky and people didn't turn me down. So I met people I already knew, new people and manage to confuse others greeting them as we already met, when it never happend. I'm a mess when it comes to faces and names, i just can remember a few at a time, then I need repetitions to get it.

They let us in with a huge delay, and the "first come, first seat" thing ruled. We were there since a couple of hours or more, but we didn't knew it would be like that, so.....we ended up in the balcony on a side of the studio, behind a camera. Apparently we were supposed to see his back. I was on the edge between the old me, anxious and competitive, and the new me, "have faith". It turned out that the chairs for the guests were not fixed and they would have moved them according to the show needs. So, new me was winning on old me.

Before Mika there were other guests, a classical music piano player, three comedians, and a fair manager. I was sick with boredom and my focus was on that damned chairs, since I could see only the piano player back but perfectly the others' faces.

Eventually they opened the curtains and he was there, sitting on the piano, with his small band. Ok, I couldn't see his face that well. But his voice was everywhere. I could feel it in my chest, it was a kind of living blanket around me. I didn't sing, I didn't move. Maybe I didn't breath, but I suppose I did or I would have dropped dead on Lucrezia's head. No one would ever noticed, everyone was amazed by him. I just wanted to listen. Now, this is a mess. My home has a little furniture, so music sounds pretty crappy and so does it in my car. From that very moment, I'm disappointed by cds. It's so not the same thing. I suppose I have to suck it up and get used to it.

While he was playing and singing he was so into that. I saw some reharsal pic, and I was surprised I committed that much in reharsal too. Anyway, it was such a pleasure to seem him that way. I don't need to describe it, every one of you knows exactly what I mean.

A detail I noticed: while singing and while talking, he always let the audience in with his movements. He does communicate, he involves people, that was so not him just performing for the cameras.

When it comes to the interview, let's say that 1 - he was sitting in front of us, so I could perfectly see him. 2 - he was so witty and amazing and fun, I enjoyed it so so much, as you guess from me willing to translate every word of him.

Some words about the dinner: that was real fun.

I manage to know further fun people and we had the waitress confused about our hatred for risotto.

We asked her to switch the tv on the show and sang along with him from the top of our lungs, for the misfortune of the two strangers customers who were sitting close to us.

We ended up to loose every inhibition about restaurants etiquette and eat our own biscuits (MIKAdo and the ones I bought for him but didn't dare to deliver), which didn't seem to bother the waitress, since I don't know how but some pizza dishes from the party they were having in the other room managed to reach us.

Well, that's pretty much all.

I wish to thank some people, but since I don't know if they want me to do it here, I won't . They know who they are and why.

When it comes to me, I did fill up with endorfins. I don't know how much my fuel will last, it depends on what the future will propose to me. For the moment, on sunday I could cuddle my friend's newborn baby without any sadness or anger, just loving her. Which is a pretty good thing, I swear.

So, it does work.

Edited by Elwendin

Ok, I'll try to translate.

F: Mika! How nice to meet you. Please, take a seat. You are very tall!

M: Yes, everybody says that to me

F: 'cause we always see you sittig while judging at XF. Songbook vol. 1 only for Italy. It's colourful like you music, your sound

M: yes, we did all this project in italy, here in milan, because I wanted to show my musical history since the beginning till now, this year so...

F: amazing

M: yes, and weird too. But, wait, while sitting, you are taller than me, this can't work

F: wait (he gets his chair down)

M: ah! thank you! I have to say that the man who had me to sign my contract for my label (? Compagnia discografica, Universal I suppose), when we started he was quite important, but now he's the ultimate boss of everything, during 7 years he did a transformation (but he told the word in a way which seemed another italian word: transumanza) so his chairs...

F: a trasformazione.. you told transumazione

M: yes, Rossana Casala always told me to say trasformazione

F: transumazione.. transumanza... is nice, it's a difficult word, it means when the sheep are taken from the fields to the village. Who does know transumanza? Nobody! He's very talented. You know that this is a miracle? How do you speak italian like that?

M: What I meant to tell before the italian lesson, anyway thank you so much, is that his chairs during 7 years are first like this and then every time I go and see him at the office, now that he's pretty important... (he stands up to show how much the man chairs are higher than before). And the table is like that (he shows with his hands).

F: so now he's so important.... In italy something crazy happend

M: yes, this year was one of the most beautiful in my life because it's as a new door openend and I found out a new culture which is not so different from my libanese culture. Yes, I did the choice to do XF because that was a challenge that scared me and still does a bit. I told, this is a bit crazy, I know, I can't speak italian, I said all that in english, I don't know why I'm doing this but who cares

F: Bravo!!! (A kind of kudos) This is what I say every day to my self, this is the watchword to be happy. La leggerezza (someone please help me here!!!) is the most difficult conquest

M: But I told no to others shows that are in languages I know

F: yes, but that would be easy... so when did you start to learn italian?

M: When? this is pretty important, I started to learn it a month and a half before the first castings

F: wait, so what month that was?

M: euhhhh.... we started in ..... (puzzled)

F: june:

M: yes, june and so.... I'm dyslexic, I can't count backwards

F: ok, I'll tell you: in april

M: april, thank you. We started in april and I have to thank my teacher, I wouldn't be able to do all this without her, she's sicilian, her name is isabella.

F: Isabella, teach me

M: for me, that was the time in the day when I am a monster, in the morning...

F: monster? why?

M: because I'm a kind of like that (now you see him curbing and getting a grumpy face)

F: because you live by night

M: yeah, always, we work by night

F: you never go to bed early

M: no, I can't.

F: oh, sorry, didn't mean to offend you (ironic voice)

M I get a bit hyperactive but during the morning I'm like the human involution, I start like a ... how do you say? a monkey

F: what?

M: a monkey

F: una scimmia

M: una scimmia but then I do all the human evolution, with a cup of coffee, within an hour, all the Darwin evolution and en up like this, to be me again.

M: but little Isabella had to see me every morning, just a strong sicilian like her could..

F: you had a russian singing teacher as well

M: yes, before, because I was kicked out of school.

F: but you switched between so many schools, France, America (!!!!), that's not easy. So a russian singer teacher...

M: I didn't go to schoolf for a year I didn't attend school, when I was 10 y.o. and she came shortlyfrom Russia, she was pretty soviet block like that. Very elegant and very strong.

F: what did you learn form her?

M: basically discipline. Between her and my libanese mom... I eventually preferred to go to school (lol)

F: how do people learn to sing?

M: how do you say with pain in italian?

F: fatigue

M with much fatigue (then he notices that's not what he meant, he knows how to translate in italian better than the showman....) No! Not fatigue ...

Pain like ouch!

F: yes, fatigue, hard work (meanwhile we in the audience were screaming paiiiinnnnnnn till he got it)

F: dolore

M: dolore! To me it is a completely negative meaning. I had to practise every single day, I used to do classical music, I had a skill to do a pretty difficult contemporary music (he gest the wrong accent on contemporanea and the showman repeats it, so people laugh, but not in a mean way. He's juste cute when he does it, even if he hates to be cute this way)

F: before doing contemporanE'a music you sang in an opera, you was 11 y.o.

M: that was a contemporary classical opera

F: (to the audience) what do you laugh at, I wish I could see you .... (no one is being mean, though, just kidding)

M: what I mean is that my music now is not a difficult contemporary one, But at that time, I had to sing in japanese or polish and I had to learn all that just using my ears for I can't read music sheets.

F: do you read music now?

M: no.

F: so you just go by ear (someone help me here as well !!! bad translation, sorry), That's a gift you have

M: no, to me the gift would be to be able to read music sheets.

F: I saw you have a home in Milan

M: yes, a flat

F: so you think you will come back? Often?

M: I'd like to. (it was just me or his voice there got a king of mischievious?)

F: your home, I read on a magazine, has kitchen, two living rooms, bedroom, white piumati chandeliers

M: piumati?

F: yes, I don't know how to say that in english. With piume

M: piume? (We, the audience: feathers! Then he gets it)

F: a statue, optical rugs, paintings...

M: what are you doing?

F: I don't know, never been there, but I'm reading, animal embroided sheets ....

M: this is not a renting commercial!!! Do you want to rent my flat?

F: I read you put a lot of stuff over there. What do you buy?

M: yes, a lot. For instance I have plenty of lebanese paintings, a lot from syria, since I love arabic contemporary art, and the stuff I do with with my sister. Drawings and sculptures. It's a workshop. My home is my workshop as well. That is not always comfy, still...

F: listen , I want to ask you a thing. What is weird in italy? There's something about us that you do think is weird?

M: mhhh. I don't know, but there's one beatiful thing in italy...

F: oh. so there is ONE beautiful thing in italy.... (lol) No, I mean weird.

M: I don't know... maybe.... risotto. It's not good. I don't like it. It's just raw rice withs ome sauce. But where is the meat? where is the chicken? A week ago I went to a very nice dinner...

F: Where?

M: I can't tell. At someone's place. I went and they were enthusiastic to eat. There was some salad, ok, that's fine, and after it came a dish with a not well cooked rice and sauce. And he wondered why all people were excited about that dinner and obsessed with risotto.

F: risotto is typical for milano

M: imo, I prefer south italy food.

F: (introduce songbook, Mika make clear the it's-not-a-greatest-hits-since-I'm-not-done thing. )

Now a bit of teasing about some italian words he mispoke in these past months, and now he manages to get them straight. Almost.

Stupigia ..... Stupidaggine!

Kudos!!!!!

Hugs, kudos again for his energy and positivity.

And medley for us !!!!

This two hours translation is my apologize to Nina for not having been able to translate anything live. I'm sorry, but you noticed my spoken english is crappy.

That evening, at the restaurant, the waitress proposed risotto to us.

Guess what was our answer!!!!!!

Thks all for Load and sharing it..:thumb_yello:

It was a snow storm outside for days, no electricity (:hair:), no heating or charging the phone, and still I preferred to use the last battery percents for watching this performance. Worth every second!!!! :kachinga::wub2:

:naughty: You wanted snow, my dear - and you got it, even as a storm, with all its problems :doh: Well done that you managed to catch MIKAs wonderful performance, without electricity!! :aah: Btw, we've lost electricity a lot too lately, because of the weather, but luckily not for days ...:blink:

Love,love

me

But his voice was everywhere. I could feel it in my chest, it was a kind of living blanket around me. I didn't sing, I didn't move. Maybe I didn't breath, but I suppose I did or I would have dropped dead on Lucrezia's head. No one would ever noticed, everyone was amazed by him. I just wanted to listen. Now, this is a mess. My home has a little furniture, so music sounds pretty crappy and so does it in my car. From that very moment, I'm disappointed by cds. It's so not the same thing. I suppose I have to suck it up and get used to it.

While he was playing and singing he was so into that. I saw some reharsal pic, and I was surprised I committed that much in reharsal too. Anyway, it was such a pleasure to seem him that way. I don't need to describe it, every one of you knows exactly what I mean.

:naughty:

thanks for your report! i especially enjoyed this paragraph :thumb_yello:

did anyone wait around the studio after for him to leave the building?

Edited by kreacher

I don't need to describe it, every one of you knows exactly what I mean.

Yes we do! Although it's interesting to hear your experience of it.

People like to moan when they haven't had a gig in awhile and sometimes fans who have never been to a gig at all get upset at all us spoiled ones who've been to several gigs. I want to tell them that they don't know what they're missing until they've experienced it for themselves. It may sound a bit cruel but it's true. :naughty:

A detail I noticed: while singing and while talking, he always let the audience in with his movements. He does communicate, he involves people, that was so not him just performing for the cameras.

Yes all performances are like that. It is that communication with the audience that hooks people and keeps them coming back. I actually notice a lot of artists doing it which surprised me because I never felt that in the 1980s when performers were very distant from the audience. Even the same artists I saw in the 1980s are interacting more with their audience now.

I want the long version too :fisch:

Me too :blush-anim-cl: The longer the better :teehee:

deb posted a youtube link a few pages back, maybe that works for you? the one on mika's fb is also the one on the tv station's website, that i can't watch on my tablet or mobile.

Thank you so much mellody :huglove: the youtube version will work for me I believe :thumb_yello:

I've updated the first post with all links to official pics + videos :thumb_yello:

Thanks a lot dear Marina :huglove::flowers2:

I have a huge weakness for Mika speaking in Italian :fangurl::swoon::stretcher:

I suppose the fate wanted me to fill up with endorfins to face the next months. There is no other explanation why I could see him twice in a week, two perfect warm, fog free saturdays, and fun people to share it with me. I'm still waiting for the tricky part.

Well, maybe italian bureaucracy was it, but that was a so little glitch that I'm still waiting for something else.

Anyway, I'll skip the whole trip part this time, even if it was just nicer than the previous one. I enjoyed so much the company and learnt that waisting time eating a sandwich in a crossroad because you presume people won't enjoy too much time with you is silly and make passing-by people think you are a carolina waiting for customers :aah:

So, nice nice travel, then queueing outside Rai studios. For me queueing is still fun, I've just done it twice and the weather was never bad, which meant meeting people, knowing people, talking with people. Which eventually means to deal with my shyness, improving my social skills and confidence, if it goes well. If it goes wrong, it means to deal with frustration and loss of self esteem, but apparently I got lucky and people didn't turn me down. So I met people I already knew, new people and manage to confuse others greeting them as we already met, when it never happend. I'm a mess when it comes to faces and names, i just can remember a few at a time, then I need repetitions to get it.

They let us in with a huge delay, and the "first come, first seat" thing ruled. We were there since a couple of hours or more, but we didn't knew it would be like that, so.....we ended up in the balcony on a side of the studio, behind a camera. Apparently we were supposed to see his back. I was on the edge between the old me, anxious and competitive, and the new me, "have faith". It turned out that the chairs for the guests were not fixed and they would have moved them according to the show needs. So, new me was winning on old me.

Before Mika there were other guests, a classical music piano player, three comedians, and a fair manager. I was sick with boredom and my focus was on that damned chairs, since I could see only the piano player back but perfectly the others' faces.

Eventually they opened the curtains and he was there, sitting on the piano, with his small band. Ok, I couldn't see his face that well. But his voice was everywhere. I could feel it in my chest, it was a kind of living blanket around me. I didn't sing, I didn't move. Maybe I didn't breath, but I suppose I did or I would have dropped dead on Lucrezia's head. No one would ever noticed, everyone was amazed by him. I just wanted to listen. Now, this is a mess. My home has a little furniture, so music sounds pretty crappy and so does it in my car. From that very moment, I'm disappointed by cds. It's so not the same thing. I suppose I have to suck it up and get used to it.

When it comes to the interview, let's say that 1 - he was sitting in front of us, so I could perfectly see him. 2 - he was so witty and amazing and fun, I enjoyed it so so much, as you guess from me willing to translate every word of him.

Some words about the dinner: that was real fun.

I manage to know further fun people and we had the waitress confused about our hatred for risotto.

We asked her to switch the tv on the show and sang along with him from the top of our lungs, for the misfortune of the two strangers customers who were sitting close to us.

We ended up to loose every inhibition about restaurants etiquette and eat our own biscuits (MIKAdo and the ones I bought for him but didn't dare to deliver), which didn't seem to bother the waitress, since I don't know how but some pizza dishes from the party they were having in the other room managed to reach us.

Well, that's pretty much all.

I wish to thank some people, but since I don't know if they want me to do it here, I won't . They know who they are and why.

When it comes to me, I did fill up with endorfins. I don't know how much my fuel will last, it depends on what the future will propose to me. For the moment, on sunday I could cuddle my friend's newborn baby without any sadness or anger, just loving her. Which is a pretty good thing, I swear.

So, it does work.

Mika live is purely magical :swoon:

You should get TBWKTM deluxe edition as one the of CDs is live at Saddler's Wells with the Relax version that always makes me cry at the end because it's so beautiful :wub2: I love this live album :wub2:

This is how he introduces Billy Brown and you can actually feel him smile and happiness when his fans answer to him "Then he fell in love with another man" :wub2:

http://grooveshark.com/#!/album/The+Boy+Who+Knew+Too+Much+Deluxe+Edition+BONUS+DISC/3961643

You can also listen to all his live songs on youtube :wub2:

I'll never eat risoto :lmfao:

I used to be a teacher and I got mixed up with faces, that was a problem :teehee:

Other artists before Mika are utterly boring , at the festival I went to last summer I was desperate when the singer who was on stage before him said good bye and came back for a last song :aah::mf_rosetinted:

I will never eat risoto then :naughty::thumb_yello:

You were lucky to be able to watch Mika on TV again while eating :thumb_yello:

That sounds like you had a mikastic time and I'm melting while reading your report :wub2:

I have had to remove lots of : wub": because I used too many lol

Thank you for sharing honey :huglove:

Thank you Eriko :huglove:

His suit make him look like a luxury christmas chocolate :blush-anim-cl: