Mikasounds, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram updates - Part 13

BiaIchihara

Probably yes. He has to celebrate his Birthday. Alan and I are going to Blackpool on Monday, to celebrate my 60th, which was actually yesterday, but officially today.

Happy birthday Marilyn, hope you have some lovely days! :huglove:

Think I'm turning senile already (I'm just 26), cause I dont get what you're saying... "Your birthday was actually yesterday, but officially is it today"? Did something go wrong with the declaration of birth, or what do you mean?

Happy birthday Marilyn, hope you have some lovely days! :huglove:

Think I'm turning senile already (I'm just 26), cause I dont get what you're saying... "Your birthday was actually yesterday, but officially is it today"? Did something go wrong with the declaration of birth, or what do you mean?

I've told the story before, but anyway.

I was born, just before midnight on the 15th August 1954. In those days, the father didn't stay with the mother during Labour, so when I was born, my mum asked the midwife, what date I was born and she said, "the 15th." However, by the time my Dad was told about me, it was after midnight.

Dad didn't think to check with Mum, so he went off, and registered, the 16th. That would have been okay and I'd have been none the wiser, but Mum insisted on celebrating the 15th as my Birthday. Years later, when I was used to celebrating the 15th, I found out that my Birth Certificate said, the 16th.

So I celebrate on the 15th, as I'm used to it, but officially, my DOB is 16/08/1954

I hope that explains why I have 2 birthdays.

Probably yes. He has to celebrate his Birthday. Alan and I are going to Blackpool on Monday, to celebrate my 60th, which was actually yesterday, but officially today.

Happy Birthday Marylin :happybday::yay:

I was born, just before midnight on the 15th August 1954. In those days, the father didn't stay with the mother during Labour, so when I was born, my mum asked the midwife, what date I was born and she said, "the 15th." However, by the time my Dad was told about me, it was after midnight.

Dad didn't think to check with Mum, so he went off, and registered, the 16th. That would have been okay and I'd have been none the wiser, but Mum insisted on celebrating the 15th as my Birthday. Years later, when I was used to celebrating the 15th, I found out that my Birth Certificate said, the 16th.

So I celebrate on the 15th, as I'm used to it, but officially, my DOB is 16/08/1954

So did my father. His papers read "the eve of Sunday the 20th (not sure why) His mom insisted he was born on the 18th, but his paperwork showed as the 19th He celebrated on the 18th :naughty:

Oh god yeah, imagine him doing something as silly as going on a holiday and having a private life. Heaven forbid :doh:.

Yes of course. We can't begrudge him a bit of boum boum boum in a sunny climate, for his birthday.

My fans can see I've gone away,

But it's my 31st birthday,

I will be back, let's have no gloom,

I sing so good after Boum Boum Boum

Boum Boum,

Boum Boum Boum...

Oh god yeah, imagine him doing something as silly as going on a holiday and having a private life. Heaven forbid :doh:.

Its just sad to see these pics all over instagram,when he is on private time :( I just think would I go and ask for a pic if i saw him? That would most definitely be a :no:

Plus I was expecting him to be climbing in Italy:teehee:

Its just sad to see these pics all over instagram,when he is on private time :( I just think would I go and ask for a pic if i saw him? That would most definitely be a :no:

Plus I was expecting him to be climbing in Italy:teehee:

He could always say no if people ask him for a picture.

Thanks for sharing the story, never read it on here before. It was almost inevitable that it had something to do with your Birth Certificate, but I didn't know that it wasn't common that the father stayed with the mother during labour at the time you were born. Have a nice day tomorrow!

Thanks for sharing the story, never read it on here before. It was almost inevitable that it had something to do with your Birth Certificate, but I didn't know that it wasn't common that the father stayed with the mother during labour at the time you were born. Have a nice day tomorrow!

Oh, back in the old as dirt days, the fathers paced the waiting room while the delivery took place, they weren't part of the process at all. And mothers stayed in the hospital to recuperate for a long while after. I think my mom said she was in for a week after having me (almost 50 years ago)...

It wasn't considered "proper" for the father to be present. It was something women did and the man was never involved.

Thank goodness times have changed. Alan was there for our son's birth and I was really grateful.

It wasn't considered "proper" for the father to be present. It was something women did and the man was never involved.

Thank goodness times have changed. Alan was there for our son's birth and I was really grateful.

And lots of fathers had no chance to "take part" in the birth, even if they had wanted either. They had to stay at home - to be at work, take care of the family, the farm and the animals ( those who lived in the countryside, like us ) while the women were away to hospital, to give birth to babies. It was also totally normal to give births at home, and just be helped by neighbour women! I'm the only one born at a hospital, the other three of my siblings are all born at home! :blush-anim-cl: And like Kezza says, it was totally normal to stay in hospital for one week, which might be another reason for all the "homebirths" in the bad, old days! :doh:

Thanks for sharing the story about your birth certificate Marilyn - I never heard of it before, quite special, but also funny! Enjoy your day tomorrow! :huglove:

Love,love

me

I remember staying overnight for my first, in 1986.

I was in for about 12 hours after my second, in 1994.

Six hours after my third, in 1999. I fully thought I'd pop her out and they'd just tell me to go on home, based on what happened with her sisters!

I hope you could be on Twitter at midnight (Greece time), it was crazy :naughty:

I felt it was like a big party with all the fans wishing him birthday, it was really a nice feeling :wub2: (of course there were too many tweets for him to be able to catch them, but We Don't Care, we had fun :teehee:)

I hope you could be on Twitter at midnight (Greece time), it was crazy :naughty:

I felt it was like a big party with all the fans wishing him birthday, it was really a nice feeling :wub2: (of course there were too many tweets for him to be able to catch them, but We Don't Care, we had fun :teehee:)

I missed it as I had to get up at 5 today :aah: But the fun is still going on! (still trending :biggrin2:)