Mikasounds, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram updates - Part 13

BiaIchihara

And for this reason even more embarrassing, (but many people make it regardless, also of his way of speaking Italian) so why retweet hundred thousand times and talk about it even in the media? I remember his expression in "Le Invasioni Barbariche" when people in the audience laughed at one of his mistakes in pronunciation and it wasn't funny. Obviously this is only my opinion, but I think it isn't funny, this continuous make fun of him, because some are continuing, do you know? He isn't an idiot.

But if you saw on socials lately you have seen that now they are "having fun" with something even worse and distasteful/offensive, tagging it/them to him, without any respect. There's a limit to everything!

(Che figura di m...., noi Italiani, e soprattutto dopo quello che è successo quest'estate! God, that's seriously cringeworthy!, for us Italians, and especially after what happened this summer!)  :facepalm:

I have the utmost respect for Mika, and I did tease him about this typo, but he knows I'm only joking, and in the past he has teased me about things I've said or done. 

He knows I harbour no malice when I tease him about things like this, and that i wouldn't take it any further than a quick witted response,like I did.

i can't speak for anyone else who picked up on the mistake, but I'm sure anyone who did tease him about it, weren't being nasty, just a little good natured ribbing.

I have the utmost respect for Mika, and I did tease him about this typo, but he knows I'm only joking, and in the past he has teased me about things I've said or done. 

He knows I harbour no malice when I tease him about things like this, and that i wouldn't take it any further than a quick witted response,like I did.

i can't speak for anyone else who picked up on the mistake, but I'm sure anyone who did tease him about it, weren't being nasty, just a little good natured ribbing.

I'm sure that when you tease him, you are only joking without malice and at the beginning, the first year, it was the same here and even now there are persons who joke only for a few minutes, but now with many people is much more than that, they enjoy to mock and ridicule him for his mistakes (3 days of continuous ridicule for the last error, a typo, on twitter!). But not only that, there is something more offensive at a personal level and for his private life. Some people, for example, lightly/carelessly call him "troia" (a vulgar and offensive term to indicate "whore/slut") and make gratuitous comments about his sex life. But there's something worst.

I know it's difficult to understand for those who aren't in Italy and don't see what has been circulating for several days on social networks, to understand what I'm talking about, so I'll try to explain it for those who want to know, but I prefer to talk about it, behind the spoiler tag, but without posting anything at all of it, because I think it's very offensive and in bad taste:

(Let me know, please, if you want that I delete this post and I will do it immediately. But probably I will delete it anyway)

Thanks to Sky's editing meant to attract the audience of young girls and the clear encouragement of anyone manages the twitter account of XF Italia, and further boosted by the duet, there are now the "shippers" of Fedez/Mika, who went from "Oh, they are cute and funny!", to "I ship Mika and Fedez!" to "We have to decide the name of the "ship" to "We want at least a kiss or sex in the video of the duet (we know that you already made it or you want to do it!)", and then they began to spread on / in socials (twitter, instagram, facebook, snapchat, etc.) fanfictions and photoshopped pictures and manips of the two of them kissing and who knows what else, explicit requests for kisses and sexual acts for the video and various idiocies of this type. All this publicly tagging Mika's twitter and instagram accounts, because they want him to see them! Many of them are fans of 13/14 years old of Fedez, who feel/think they are authorized by him because in some interview he said that "he knows that there are people who think that he and Mika are boyfriends and, although it's not true, for him isn't a problem (because it's all publicity)"and put the "like" to whom has made it known to him the names for the "ship". Obviously, these girls don't care what Mika thinks or might think of this. But there are also older people, even in their thirties with children! In addition to this, there are also other photoshopped pictures of the Home Visit with phrases written in ungrammatical and full of mistakes (they ape, exaggerating, Mika's mistakes and his way of speaking Italian) in Italian mixed with Spanish, in which Mika says to the boys contestants of his team that who will pass them to the live shows in exchange for sex. Even these were published on socials tagged to him.These are the ones I've seen, but there are others, reportedly worse. Without any respect for Mika, his family and his partner who can see them. He's an adult and intelligent man who knows how to defend himself and I hope that these things don't disturb him, his family and his partner, but even so "the words hurt" and the stereotypes and prejudices about gay men and gay couples even more. In Italy there's a big problem about this, unfortunately.

Edit: To all these people I suggest to listen to and watch the video of "Staring At The Sun"!  :)  :naughty:  :fisch:

Edited by charlie20
  • Like 1

I've read the spoiler. This is nothing new really. What you speak of happens to many famous people. The best way for Mika to deal with it is to ignore it. However, X Factor Italy should not allow such things on their sites. If they see something like what is written about in the spoiler, they should take it down and delete anything on the twitter feed about Mika, or anyone else.

As for the mocking of Mika's Italian, I don't think he would be getting upset about it. He probably knows his Italian isn't perfect, but he does his best. It's the tweeters who are showing themselves up by making such a fuss.

That's my opinion anyway.

• Like 4

I read the spoiler too. I can't believe what you reported in. I can't understand these people talking about him or others like this . They really have problems. Words can hurt. What's the matter with his preferences ? He doesn't speak italian very well, SO WHAT. I'd like to speak as he does.

I never had the pleasure to meet him, but he looks so kind, it is very withering how they treat him. And I'm agree with you Marylin, XF should have a mod about these kind of tweets

• Like 2

What makes me really sad about this isn't so much that they're mocking mika's italian, i think he can deal with that. But the things you reported, charlie, especially the last one, are made to magnify and spread prejudices that homophobes have about gays. It is online bullying against gays in general and Mika in particular, which is much worse than what i thought first when reading the posts here, just some making fun of mika's italian mistakes. I hope everyone who sees something like this anywhere reports it to the owners of the site (sky or facebook or wherever else this can be found) - even if they don't care, they should get many complaints about such homophobe comments. :no:

• Like 6

I'm sure that when you tease him, you are only joking without malice and at the beginning, the first year, it was the same here and even now there are persons who joke only for a few minutes, but now with many people is much more than that, they enjoy to mock and ridicule him for his mistakes (3 days of continuous ridicule for the last error, a typo, on twitter!). But not only that, there is something more offensive at a personal level and for his private life. Some people, for example, lightly/carelessly call him "troia" (a vulgar and offensive term to indicate "whore/slut") and make gratuitous comments about his sex life. But there's something worst.

I know it's difficult to understand for those who aren't in Italy and don't see what has been circulating for several days on social networks, to understand what I'm talking about, so I'll try to explain it for those who want to know, but I prefer to talk about it, behind the spoiler tag, but without posting anything at all of it, because I think it's very offensive and in bad taste:

(Let me know, please, if you want that I delete this post and I will do it immediately. But probably I will delete it anyway)

Thanks to Sky's editing meant to attract the audience of young girls and the clear encouragement of anyone manages the twitter account of XF Italia, and further boosted by the duet, there are now the "shippers" of Fedez/Mika, who went from "Oh, they are cute and funny!", to "I ship Mika and Fedez!" to "We have to decide the name of the "ship" to "We want at least a kiss or sex in the video of the duet (we know that you already made it or you want to do it!)", and then they began to spread on / in socials (twitter, instagram, facebook, snapchat, etc.) fanfictions and photoshopped pictures and manips of the two of them kissing and who knows what else, explicit requests for kisses and sexual acts for the video and various idiocies of this type. All this publicly tagging Mika's twitter and instagram accounts, because they want him to see them! Many of them are fans of 13/14 years old of Fedez, who feel/think they are authorized by him because in some interview he said that "he knows that there are people who think that he and Mika are boyfriends and, although it's not true, for him isn't a problem (because it's all publicity)"and put the "like" to whom has made it known to him the names for the "ship". Obviously, these girls don't care what Mika thinks or might think of this. But there are also older people, even in their thirties with children! In addition to this, there are also other photoshopped pictures of the Home Visit with phrases written in ungrammatical and full of mistakes (they ape, exaggerating, Mika's mistakes and his way of speaking Italian) in Italian mixed with Spanish, in which Mika says to the boys contestants of his team that who will pass them to the live shows in exchange for sex. Even these were published on socials tagged to him.These are the ones I've seen, but there are others, reportedly worse. Without any respect for Mika, his family and his partner who can see them. He's an adult and intelligent man who knows how to defend himself and I hope that these things don't disturb him, his family and his partner, but even so "the words hurt" and the stereotypes and prejudices about gay men and gay couples even more. In Italy there's a big problem about this, unfortunately.

Edit: To all these people I suggest to listen to and watch the video of "Staring At The Sun"!  :)  :naughty:  :fisch:

Good grief!

What is wrong with these people!

And Fedez isn't helping by not condemning what they say.

This is part of the reason why I wasn't overly happy about Mika taking the job on the show, because it opens all the celebs on it up to the crazies out there (it's similar here, with all the tacky magazines tv celebs get published in).

I know he already had some crazy fans, but they were few and far between, but now, all sorts seem to be spewing out of the woodwork, it seems

• Like 3

I read the spoiler too. I can't believe what you reported in. I can't understand these people talking about him or others like this . They really have problems. Words can hurt. What's the matter with his preferences ? He doesn't speak italian very well, SO WHAT. I'd like to speak as he does.

I never had the pleasure to meet him, but he looks so kind, it is very withering how they treat him. And I'm agree with you Marylin, XF should have a mod about these kind of tweets

What makes me really sad about this isn't so much that they're mocking mika's italian, i think he can deal with that. But the things you reported, charlie, especially the last one, are made to magnify and spread prejudices that homophobes have about gays. It is online bullying against gays in general and Mika in particular, which is much worse than what i thought first when reading the posts here, just some making fun of mika's italian mistakes. I hope everyone who sees something like this anywhere reports it to the owners of the site (sky or facebook or wherever else this can be found) - even if they don't care, they should get many complaints about such homophobe comments. :no:

Good grief!

What is wrong with these people!

And Fedez isn't helping by not condemning what they say.

This is part of the reason why I wasn't overly happy about Mika taking the job on the show, because it opens all the celebs on it up to the crazies out there (it's similar here, with all the tacky magazines tv celebs get published in).

I know he already had some crazy fans, but they were few and far between, but now, all sorts seem to be spewing out of the woodwork, it seems

Fortunately several people have reported it and I hope that something has been deleted or removed. But these girls don't understand, for them it's like a game and they respond to those who tell them to stop rudely. Honestly, I don't understand why they do these things. I know that it's something that fans often make for the characters of TV series and films/movies, but the fact that they do it for real people (whoever they are) is very disrespectful. Maybe they can't distinguish reality from fantasy, and they think that their fantasies, their weird ideas are to be shared with others. I don't care if they keep it private or in their "fandom" but if they tell and put their idiocies publicly everywhere in socials, especially sending them to the accounts of these actors, singers, etc.. for fun or worse believing it's true, they are completely crazy!  :loco:

X Factor since last year attracted more very young audience and the fans of Fedez are almost all young girls and a simple friendship between two colleagues was exaggerated up to this, probably unexpected thing. In fact, I think (and hope) Fedez believed that it was a joke and a short trend, not that it become an obsession. At least, he has stopped answering them. And yes, I agree with you, X Factor Italy should not allow such things on their sites. I dont know what they will do for the duet, but now I really hope there will not be a video.

Mika has the same behavior, kind and friendly, often joking, with all his colleagues, both in France and in Italy, as he has the same behavior with all the contestants in his teams, both girls and boys, so anyone who sees something else, he/she does it with malice and their comments are in bad taste. In Italy there are still many problems about homophobia or simply respect for gays and LGBT people, lacking the education and the culture and a lot of people think and talk about them according to the usual stereotypes and prejudices.These ideas are so embedded in our society, especially because of the powerful interference of the Church and the claustrophobic Catholic education that sometimes people don't realize how offensive they are, how wrong is what they say, but others enjoy to offend and discriminate. But what is annoying is that Mika, from a couple of years is more open about his private life and has also said more than once in interviews that his couple is normal and traditional, as they are faithful to each other (he knows the prejudice) and then some idiot spread these things, thinking it's funny, "because, you know he's gay so...". They are very stupid! I think too he can deal with that, he has a strong personality, but it would be better that some people develop and mature as civilized persons.  :fisch:

Edited by charlie20
  • Like 7

My thought about the latest talked about here, because of the duet MIKA/Fedez.  Sadly there's always a reason for what happens, even it might seem too crazy and stupid to believe! :sneaky2:   Charlie20 mentions a lot of good points, like lack of education, culture, lacking skill to see reality from fantasy etc.  When this type of activity on net is produced by young fans of Fedez, it might be a kind of very unhealthy jealousy towards MIKA, who's now "close to" Fedez as a colleague and friend, like he's with the rest of the team for XF. In worst case this can result in a kind of danger for our kind and friendly MIKA - we've seen exambles of this in the pop/rock history- but let's hope it doesn't get that far!  :(  

Some people has a desperate need for attention - not only young ones! So if they can't achieve it in a positive and normal way, the do it with such an amount of negativity, that they're sure they'll get it - something they get here and now  ;)

MIKA's a wise man, with a lot of life experience :wub:  I'm sure he can handle it well, and ignore it - but of course: "nothing's only words - that's how hearts get hurt"... :mf_rosetinted: 

Love,love

me

• Like 2

I could imagine the young girls use it to nourish their delusions - thinking, if mika sleeps with everyone, then he wouldn't turn them down either. Dunno if fedez is gay, but if he is, ofc the same goes for his young female fans. I've been a crazy boyband fan as a teenager, and while (officially) gay guys or those with (official) girlfriends were a no-go for me, for those of my faves who were publicly straight and single, i found every possible excuse why we'd make a perfect couple. :mf_rosetinted: - teenage dreams... :aah: anyway, i don't think the young ones are aware of what they're doing to mika amd the gay community with this, but that doesn't make it better. If you tell them, they think you're destroying their dreams so they react rudely. Guess the only way is if those public websites block such content.

• Like 1

I noticed the trend in (mostly teenage) girls of having fun on "shipping" gay couples, sometimes real ones, but often imaginary ones ,with people who are not even gay, Fedez for example , making jokes, fanarts or writing fanfictions  with explicit content ...okay, it's a fandom thing and it didn't started today (but I don't remember the "gay shipping" trend some years ago) the point is that sometimes they can be really inopportune, mentioning celebs involved on Twitter or posting this stuff in public... well , I guess it will be same inopportune if they'd post explicit content about straight couples, but it less common because they are more "jealous" when it comes on seeing their celeb crush with another girl  :naughty:

I remember that some years ago, when Mika wasn't even openly gay, there was an Italian forum where fans, in a member only section, used to write their stories about "having something" with Mika, sometimes explicit content , but the difference was that the activity was in a protected section of the forum and not openly on Twitter/Facebook/Tumblr/etc..

• Like 1

Like Mamiam said, Mika is a wise man with a lot of experience... He has probably learned to turn away from these kind of things by now. However, that does not mean it is okay at all. The people who write/share those things are clearly very immature, and don't realize that both Mika and Fedez are real life human beings, with feelings and their own personal life. It breaks my heart to know that in spite of all that Mika does for his fans and how hard he works, this is some of the reactions he gets back (not from fans, but still...) 

• Like 1

Some people are just so immature and pathetic that they obviously cannot think of any better way to spend their time than to mock the sexualities and opinions of famous pop stars.  These people are just so horrible.  I understand that a lot of them are teenagers.  I am 17 but I have never been involved in discriminating or bullying others; it is a waste of time.  Also, why is it that whenever two singers collaborate together (whether it's a male and female duet/two men/two women), the first thing that comes into people's heads is: "oh, they must be in a relationship!" and "let's "ship" them!".  Just because two people work together on a song doesn't mean they are in a relationship or they have anything going on. They are simply two colleagues working together professionally on a song. People shouldn't judge what they don't know.

• Like 2

The fan fiction thing isn't new at all. On programes like Star Trek there used to be what they called "Slash Fiction" involving, for instance, Kirk / Spock. Mostly it was gay, because, as mentioned, girls don't like their idols with other girls, but some stories were straight, if it was a couple that the fans were hoping would get together, like Captain Janeway / Chakotay.

But these were harmless because they were about the characters and the characters aren't real.

I actually wrote some fan-fiction based on Star Trek Deep Space Nine and Voyager. Most of what I wrote was to do with all kinds of relationships between the characters, and they weren't gay stories (because that's not my thing) when I did write about romance, then it was romantic and not sexy. The couple I always wanted to get together were Seven of Nine and The Holographic Doctor, from Voyager, but they never did get together unfortunately.

As I say, it isn't real. But for people to write explicit stuff about Mika, especially pairing him with someone he isn't even involved with, especially when he's in a committed relationship elsewhere, is a disgraceful thing to do.

They need to realise he is a human being, not a character in a TV show.

• Like 2

I suppose he meant FANS  :naughty:

Oh no no there was a fanaction about showing him a flag of their own country that says thanks in their own language (hope I explained it well xD )

Edited by Lucrezia
  • Like 2