Mikasounds, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram updates - Part 13

BiaIchihara

Maybe, they are friends.  :wink2:

:) I know - suppose MIKA was one of the first who got to hear her "Hello" - it's constantly played on the radio statios here this week!  ;) For the first time I heard NPIH mentioned on the radio, yesterday. I could hardly believe my ears! :shocked:   The female reporter played GK,  in the morning news, and after the song she said: " In fact MIKA released a new alb. this summer, his forth - but we never heard more about it"  OMG - NOOO we didn't !! :doh: Imagine my frustration!! ... :mf_rosetinted:

Love,love

me

:) I know - suppose MIKA was one of the first who got to hear her "Hello" - it's constantly played on the radio statios here this week!  ;) For the first time I heard NPIH mentioned on the radio, yesterday. I could hardly believe my ears! :shocked:   The female reporter played GK,  in the morning news, and after the song she said: " In fact MIKA released a new alb. this summer, his forth - but we never heard more about it"  OMG - NOOO we didn't !! :doh: Imagine my frustration!! ... :mf_rosetinted:

Love,love

me

Yes, almost the same happens in Spain.  And Mika...barely hear him, but maybe I listen the wrong radios   :(

Edited by Mikasister

Adele is back and everyone else should just go home for the next 18-24 months because she will crush them all. The video is about to hit 100 million views and it was just released on Friday. The single and album are #1 in just about every country in the world and no one even knew they existed a week ago.

Adele is back and everyone else should just go home for the next 18-24 months because she will crush them all. The video is about to hit 100 million views and it was just released on Friday. The single and album are #1 in just about every country in the world and no one even knew they existed a week ago.

Wow! :yikes: If only Mika had this sort of promotion in all countries...

Wow! :yikes: If only Mika had this sort of promotion in all countries...

Well I have no sympathy for him. He MUST know how badly he is promoted, so if he wants that all to change, he should sack his current team, and hire a new promo team.

If he doesn't, then he only has himself to blame if no one knows about his new album and his singles.

If he just wants to cocoon himself with his TV work in Italy and France, it's entirely up to him.

Well I have no sympathy for him. He MUST know how badly he is promoted, so if he wants that all to change, he should sack his current team, and hire a new promo team.

If he doesn't, then he only has himself to blame if no one knows about his new album and his singles.

If he just wants to cocoon himself with his TV work in Italy and France, it's entirely up to him.

Indeed! 

For past few days (Korean Ticket presale!) I experienced how his managements work awkwardly and I thought that his management and promote team is completely amateur. Mika himself should strongly consider that WHY he has to work with them in spite of their poor performances. :sneaky2:  

NPIH has still not released yet in my country. Barely hear his new singles in local radio.

Now I'm frustrated. :overreact:

NPIH has still not released yet in my country. Barely hear his new singles in local radio.

Same here :( I had to buy it from another country.

And funny thing is that I saw Kendji's album in cd stores but no Mika :( and nothing on Tv, radio...

I actually walked into a store a few weeks ago, and they were playing Rio! Mika is very badly promoted here too. I just screamed to my friends: "it's Mika, it's mika!". I was so suppressed that they were playing something else than the hits from LICM  :lg:

• Like 2

I actually walked into a store a few weeks ago, and they were playing Rio! Mika is very badly promoted here too. I just screamed to my friends: "it's Mika, it's mika!". I was so suppressed that they were playing something else than the hits from LICM  :lg:

same here, all we can do try to get Mikas new songs on radio wishlists

And funny thing is that I saw Kendji's album in cd stores but no Mika :( and nothing on Tv, radio...

I'm sorry for you all.  We only got about three days of decent promotion in the UK, but Mika has not done any proper interviews here since July.  The most disappointing thing is: he said on radio that we would get gigs - plural - but we only got one, which not everyone could go to. :( While I'm happy that the Adelphi gig was a success, I'm sad that there are no more gigs as even just a couple more would support his promotion.  I'm sure that there are many British people who would go and see him live if they had the chance.  I also wish he was more promoted in all countries, rather than just simply focusing on Italy and France.

Me too. Bought it from amazon.

:yeah:

But people keep requesting Popular Song ft. Ariana. Mika's most popular song in here (or maybe because it's featuring Ariana). :(

I'm sorry for you all.  We only got about three days of decent promotion in the UK, but Mika has not done any proper interviews here since July.  The most disappointing thing is: he said on radio that we would get gigs - plural - but we only got one, which not everyone could go to. :( While I'm happy that the Adelphi gig was a success, I'm sad that there are no more gigs as even just a couple more would support his promotion.  I'm sure that there are many British people who would go and see him live if they had the chance.  I also wish he was more promoted in all countries, rather than just simply focusing on Italy and France.

Yeah, I hope everyone here could hear the beauty of NPIH soon. :)

• Like 1

:) I can imagine you were surprised!  Really nice to hear that a store "found" a song from NPIH alb. and used it!!  :thumb_yello: To say that MIKA is "badly promoted here" is very carefully said, imo. Neither TOOL nor NPIH was promoted AT ALL, and therefore didn't have a chance to enter the charts!  :sneaky2:   :mf_rosetinted: No reviews of the albums,  in newspapers or mags, no interviews in radio, tv, or any paper - no radioplay, no publicity  = NOTHING!! :doh:  :mf_rosetinted:   And it's not that the radiostations don't like MIKA, because they keep playing GK and Relax from time to time, in fact quite regularly! :shocked:   People who're not searching MIKA, one way or another, just have to think that LICM is the only alb. he ever recorded - and it makes me so so  sad -  and frustrated... :(   

Love,love

me

• Like 1

NPIH wasn't promoted at all here in the Netherlands as well, all I hear on the radio is Relax or Grace Kelly.. that's it really and not that often really. It would be so nice to hear more songs of him on the radio, even if it's from TBWKTM or TOOL.. :(

Luckely they did sell the NPIH album in a Dutch online store (the deluxe version was sold out pretty quickly) so I'm very happy I was at least able to buy the album.  ;)

If you have to complain about something, do it about the music industry of today and the choices of record companies and mainstream media.

Things are not easy for an artist like Mika, it's not him who have to or should bend to the market rules. He and his team do what they can, and he / they can't be everywhere, and in the same way. And he can't do much if some doors are closed. In UK, for example, Simon Cowell could invite him to X Factor UK to help him, but he doesn't do it. Why?

• Like 3

If you have to complain about something, do it about the music industry of today and the choices of record companies and mainstream media.
Things are not easy for an artist like Mika, it's not him who have to or should bend to the market rules. He and his team do what they can, and he / they can't be everywhere, and in the same way. And he can't do much if some doors are closed. In UK, for example, Simon Cowell could invite him to X Factor UK to help him, but he doesn't do it. Why?

Definitely agree with you! This constant slagging him  (luckily it's just a handfull here!) for not bothering about UK is tiresome and so negative. For goodness sakes this forum is his FC!

It's a bloody tough industry and if this is how he has to survive, let him be! His music is better than ever compared to some others whose creativity tapers off by 2nd album. His love for making music is endearing and inspiring. Be glad he's still does M&Gs!

I think Simon did want him on UK show but if I were Mika why would I join a sinking ship? The show got off on a bad start as it appeared the contestants were "rigged". He's obviously the STAR in XF Italy and Fedez compliments him craziness.

Look at the clothes made especially for him by Valentino! He's inspiring them and they obviously love him too. He was wearing their out-of-this-world designs at least a year before the runway shows. I love his suits, dunno why some fans complain endlessly about his suits. No way would he have this privilege if he didn't go to Italy.

Edited by Zel
  • Like 3

Things are not easy for an artist like Mika, it's not him who have to or should bend to the market rules.

The only thing I see people complaining about is that his music wasn't promoted in the UK, Netherlands, etc. How is promoting his music "bending to market rules"?

In UK, for example, Simon Cowell could invite him to X Factor UK to help him, but he doesn't do it. Why?

And maybe the Queen should let him live in Buckingham Palace too? :lmfao:

This mentality is astounding to me. That everyone in the music industry should just hand over success to Mika on a silver platter and it's all their fault if his promo is lacking. All artists are playing by the same rules, it is not some special case for Mika. If you put absolutely nothing into a market you will get absolutely nothing back. Do you think other artists can spend 40 weeks a year in France and Italy and expect any kind of opportunities elsewhere? Do you think even top pop stars like Katy Perry did not have to pay their dues by repeatedly playing small dive bars of 200 people in London before they earned radio play and spots on TV shows?

People are disappointed that Mika and his team have chosen to focus all their efforts on Italy and France and it is not Simon Cowell's or anyone else's responsibility to find opportunities for him elsewhere for heaven's sake. :doh:

Indeed! 

For past few days (Korean Ticket presale!) I experienced how his managements work awkwardly and I thought that his management and promote team is completely amateur. Mika himself should strongly consider that WHY he has to work with them in spite of their poor performances. :sneaky2:  

What happened with Koren ticket presale? 

Adele begs to differ.

The only thing I see people complaining about is that his music wasn't promoted in the UK, Netherlands, etc. How is promoting his music "bending to market rules"?

And maybe the Queen should let him live in Buckingham Palace too? :lmfao:

This mentality is astounding to me. That everyone in the music industry should just hand over success to Mika on a silver platter and it's all their fault if his promo is lacking. All artists are playing by the same rules, it is not some special case for Mika. If you put absolutely nothing into a market you will get absolutely nothing back. Do you think other artists can spend 40 weeks a year in France and Italy and expect any kind of opportunities elsewhere? Do you think even top pop stars like Katy Perry did not have to pay their dues by repeatedly playing small dive bars of 200 people in London before they earned radio play and spots on TV shows?

People are disappointed that Mika and his team have chosen to focus all their efforts on Italy and France and it is not Simon Cowell's or anyone else's responsibility to find opportunities for him elsewhere for heaven's sake. :doh:

Katy still does a crazy amount of promo, especially in large markets such as the UK and Germany.