Mikasounds, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram updates - Part 13

BiaIchihara

At least he doesn't stay off twitter for months anymore, like he used to while making tbwktm and tool. :teehee: but i agree, he could do more online.

Christine, about the making money or needing money to make records: you're right, but i'm not sure mika realizes this, or did until he left the huge studio and made his album in a house instead. Apparently he thought he needs this huge studio, which ofc is expensive. And he thinks he needs star producers like greg wells, which surely isn't cheap either. Dunno if he really needs greg, or rent a house in LA to make his albums - but i think it's his comfort zone, because he has always done it this way, and it's hard to get out of there.

And well, ofc he also needs money for his houses and apartments. :teehee: he said in some interview this year that he's totally rubbish with money and has to rely on others to tell him how much he can spend - which imo is very dangerous, and maybe also a reason for why he does what he does - someone telling him he needs to earn more money and telling him the easiest way to earn it. Not saying it all isn't his fault, but this dependance on other people when it comes to money surely doesn't help.

He does his best songs with Greg. So yes, I would say he needs to hire Greg.

I just saw on Twitter, someone asked him about another orchestral show, and he said he isn't doing any more. So much for the orchestral tour that was being spoken about somewhere.

I just saw on Twitter, someone asked him about another orchestral show, and he said he isn't doing any more. So much for the orchestral tour that was being spoken about somewhere.

I don't think he ever said he was going to tour. Just wishful thinking from Mika fans. It is really difficult to suss out what is real when he never gives English interviews. I appreciate the translating team on MFC because my French is lacking and my Italian is non existent but you also need a very strong bullsh*t detector when interpreting what he says.

But generally I find so many people leap to the wrong conclusions and then spread these conclusions around as if it is literally what Mika said. This happens every single time he is asked whether he will do X Factor or the Voice again and either Mika or sometimes only the writer will say something like "Well, I am busy promoting my album and touring..." And the next thing you know the whole fanbase is buzzing about how Mika says he will not do the Voice or X Factor again which is not what he said at all.

• Like 2

I don't think he ever said he was going to tour. Just wishful thinking from Mika fans. It is really difficult to suss out what is real when he never gives English interviews. I appreciate the translating team on MFC because my French is lacking and my Italian is non existent but you also need a very strong bullsh*t detector when interpreting what he says.

But generally I find so many people leap to the wrong conclusions and then spread these conclusions around as if it is literally what Mika said. This happens every single time he is asked whether he will do X Factor or the Voice again and either Mika or sometimes only the writer will say something like "Well, I am busy promoting my album and touring..." And the next thing you know the whole fanbase is buzzing about how Mika says he will not do the Voice or X Factor again which is not what he said at all.

The only thing I saw was in the article from La Presse annoncing Como where Simon Leclerc mentionned they would live to do more and where looking at their very busy schedule.

I agree that between this wish, and shows actually happening, there is a huge gap. Especially with shows like that involving a 100 musicians orchestra.

Because I don't see it happening without Mr Leclerc being involved.

• Like 2

I totally agree with you. Also he never said anywhere there would be 20 songs on the OSM cd, he was talking about 12 songs. Alex said in Lyon the symphonic concerts were too expensiv and there would only be Como as it was filmed. This is what annoys me, fans Interpret something wrong and then scream Mika was a liar .......

• Like 2

The only thing I saw was in the article from La Presse annoncing Como where Simon Leclerc mentionned they would live to do more and where looking at their very busy schedule.

Even that is more concrete than what I had heard. Something about Mika seeing himself doing these kinds of shows in 10 years or something. I would take it more seriously coming from Leclerc because Mika "would love to" do all kinds of things that never materialize. Maybe they will do something in 2017 but it probably still would not be a touring production and certainly will not be in places like the UK where he does not have an audience for it. I think Italy, France and Montreal are the only realistic options.

I totally agree with you. Also he never said anywhere there would be 20 songs on the OSM cd, he was talking about 12 songs. Alex said in Lyon the symphonic concerts were too expensiv and there would only be Como as it was filmed. This is what annoys me, fans Interpret something wrong and then scream Mika was a liar .......

Yes I thought it was clear that the only reason they did Como at all was for a TV special to promote Mika's album. It was not even for the fans in Italy so I don't know why everyone started fantasizing he would then go to Spain etc. so they could see it.

On the other hand if they would do a few shows in Italy in a much larger venue and price the tickets accordingly (say €200 instead of €45) then it might not be so cost prohibitive.

But I think some kind of tour where he does Barcelona one night, Paris the next, London the next, etc. is totally out of the question.

Here's the source of all this talk about symphonic shows and a como dvd: http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/31554-mika-in-french-press-2015/?p=4024600;)

Thanks. This is what I mean about it being so difficult to suss out when it is not in English. Mika talks "she" this and "she" that in organizing Como. Who is she? First there is talk about a DVD and then he says the record will go out to Japan, the US, but it is not the Como audio that is being sold now but Montreal, correct?

Anyway people should just heed Ingie's advice and not take everything he says seriously and literally. :naughty:

But I think some kind of tour where he does Barcelona one night, Paris the next, London the next, etc. is totally out of the question.

I can't see how it could ever be possible to finance a tour like that, people don't seem to realize how much is needed to make a symphony concert happen. Well I don't know how much exactly is needed to but it certainly takes time, money, someone going inside his music as deeply as Leclerc did, a suitable classical venue, more than 100 musicians... Just doing it one night only must be an incredible effort :dunno:

I saw all these four concerts and definitely think this is the best thing he has ever done. His voice fits perfectly with the symphony orchestra, the concept does justice for his songs and is generally the most beautiful and emotional thing I can imagine so I'm happy if he thinks his future might be there.

I'm not dreaming of a giant tour, I'm happy if he is open to this option and tries to find ways to make it happen again in the future. I'm equally happy if he goes back to the intimate scale, just him and piano, maybe 2 musicians like he did in the US, intimate venues and a well-thought-out setlist  :wub:

Edited by tiibet
  • Like 4

The thing about the OSM cd is that appeared a track list with all the Montreal setlist, I don't remember which site was, but it spread on Twitter, so fans were surprised when the real one has just 14. 

I saw all these four concerts and definitely think this is the best thing he has ever done. His voice fits perfectly with the symphony orchestra, the concept does justice for his songs and is generally the most beautiful and emotional thing I can imagine so I'm happy if he thinks his future might be there.

I would like it if he did some scaled down version since I am not crazy about a full orchestra with a soloist anyway unless it really is opera. A lot of the arrangements sound superfluous to me and over the top for a song like Toy Boy or Elle Me Dit. Modern symphonic music ends up sounding too much like a Disney or Star Wars soundtrack for my taste.

For me the key appeal is Mika's vocal style which is so different from his normal style, not the symphony. People like Josh Groban tour everywhere with a smaller group of musicians. Mika doesn't need 120 people on stage with him to create a show like this. It would be my prefernce anyway, especially if the sterile environment of symphonic shows could also be done away with.

I would like it if he did some scaled down version since I am not crazy about a full orchestra with a soloist anyway unless it really is opera. A lot of the arrangements sound superfluous to me and over the top for a song like Toy Boy or Elle Me Dit. Modern symphonic music ends up sounding too much like a Disney or Star Wars soundtrack for my taste.

For me the key appeal is Mika's vocal style which is so different from his normal style, not the symphony. People like Josh Groban tour everywhere with a smaller group of musicians. Mika doesn't need 120 people on stage with him to create a show like this. It would be my prefernce anyway, especially if the sterile environment of symphonic shows could also be done away with.

Yes I know what you mean about his vocal style, I loved his singing in these concerts, the way it (especially his lower deeper voice) horizontally filled the venue, it was incredible  :wub: If he is pleased with these experiences he might find ways to do it smaller way and his own style (like in Como). 

Edited by tiibet

It is understandable that he does more in France or Italy because in those countries there may be a huge will more than others. In my country few people know about him, so I dont expect he can do something. But what bothers me is that apart from tv shows, he does almost all his concert in these two countries. He even performed in the same place just one month later. I just cannot understand this. Millions of gigs in Italy or France but no others :( I am dying to hear just one gig in my country. So it doesnt make sense for me :( :(

Exactly my point too. It's his choice to do the TV shows in Italy and France, but he does most everything else there too. Like you say, it makes no sense.

• Like 2