MikaFanClub meet-up, Montreal February 2015

guylainem123

Would you be interested in an MFC meetup?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in an MFC meetup?

• Not interested
    • Interested, on Tuesday, February 10, 2015
    • Interested, on Wednesday, February 11, 2015
    • Interested, on Thursday, February 12, 2015

:bye: everyone!

February is fast approaching and we've been thinking that since so many of us will be present for the Montreal gigs, it would be a shame not to take the time to get together.

For those who will be present for the shows, please answer the following poll.

Let's discuss!! :blush-anim-cl:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea!!!! :) thank you Guy:thumb_yello:

I shall be present on the 3 evenings. For me the date has no importance. I shall be present in the MFC meet-up whatever is the chosen date! Do I have to vote nevertheless? Or then we can add an option " interested whatever is is the date "?

I shall be present on the 3 evenings. For me the date has no importance. I shall be present in the MFC meet-up whatever is the chosen date! Do I have to vote nevertheless? Or then we can add an option " interested whatever is is the date "?

Same for me :biggrin2:

I decided to vote for tuesday, as i think it'd be nice to get to know all mfcers and then meet them again at the other 2 gigs. :biggrin2: - ofc it'd be more important to include as many mfcers as possible, so pls ignore my vote if there are some who can't be there the first day. ;)

Nothing prevents us from getting together to eat, but I'm talking about a proper MFC get together, more than just "eat & go to gig" kinda thing

Good, then the official get together should be on the wednesday... Can I change my vote?

And let me know if you need help organizing anything... Since I'm in the OSM neighborhood :)

Edited by cathouzouf

:bye: everyone!

February is fast approaching and we've been thinking that since so many of us will be present for the Montreal gigs, it would be a shame not to take the time to get together.

For those who will be present for the shows, please answer the following poll.

Let's discuss!! :blush-anim-cl:

Thanks for starting the poll, Guy!

My thought is that since these shows are just after our January anniversary, we could have one night that's a REAL party, to celebrate not just Montreal but the MFC's *8th birthday*! :excite:

Seems to me that this will be the biggest gathering of international MFCers since... I don't know, maybe since Sadlers Wells in 2009. There were about 100 MFCers from all over there. I think we're well over 50 coming for these Montreal shows, I'll have to do another count. :thumb_yello:

Even if you're available all 3 nights, it would be great if everyone could state a preference, since we need to pick just one date.

If you guys could stream the meeting online that would be so sweet :wub2:

I can't wait to see pics of all of you together anyway :wub2:

Have a wonderful time :group_hug:

I'm not sure if we could stream the whole party, but I bet we can at least part of it. I'll add it to my list. :naughty:

I was thinking of Tuesday as well, then I found out some people are travelling Tuesday. That may make it difficult to arrive, settle, get ready & go to the meetup the 1st night. So I'm thinking the 2nd because of that.

Yes, that would be my issue. I arrive midday on Tuesday. As long as everything goes smoothly I can make a Tuesday event, no problem, but if there are any flight delays, I might be in trouble. I'm going to vote for Wednesday.

Good, then the official get together should be on the wednesday... Can I change my vote?

And let me know if you need help organizing anything... Since I'm in the OSM neighborhood :)

Thanks, Cath. I'm sure we'll be recruiting you for info/help!

And I think you should be able to change your vote -- can you?

Also, please do keep throwing out your ideas on the time (pre-show vs post-show) and what sort of event you'd like to have. If there are enough of us, I suppose we will need to book a private room...

Edited by dcdeb

Thanks for starting the poll, Guy!

My thought is that since these shows are just after our January anniversary, we could have one night that's a REAL party, to celebrate not just Montreal but the MFC's *8th birthday*! :excite:

Seems to me that this will be the biggest gathering of international MFCers since... I don't know, maybe since Sadlers Wells in 2009. There were about 100 MFCers from all over there. I think we're well over 50 coming for these Montreal shows, I'll have to do another count. :thumb_yello:

Yes, that would be my issue. I arrive midday on Tuesday. As long as everything goes smoothly I can make a Tuesday event, no problem, but if there are any flight delays, I might be in trouble. I'm going to vote for Wednesday.

YAY an MFC anniversary party is exactly what i was thinking of, like i've seen done previous years :clap: this is gonna be epic!

And that's my problem with tuesday too. the possible weather in february is scaring me. i chose wednesday, so hopefully those only going to tuesday's gig will still be around & those only going to thursday may be there already.

i vote for any time of day except morning :aah: i can tell you right now i'll be too tired to party at 10am

Edited by kreacher

Nothing prevents us from getting together to eat, but I'm talking about a proper MFC get together, more than just "eat & go to gig" kinda thing

That would be great. A meetup with plenty of time to mingle and chat.

And the other evenings we could just loosely plan to meet somewhere close to the venue for a drink before the show. Or maybe the venue has a bar where we could meet.

I'll choose Wednesday also. :thumb_yello:

Edited by Treasa

Also available all evenings. :thumb_yello:

:thumb_yello: Me too ! :blush-anim-cl: I'll be in Montreal both the day before, and the day after the gigs. Thanks a million to you all - for all your efforts and planning!:huglove: I'm sure it will be amazing, a real M&G and birthday party!! :wub2: I've voted for Wedensday...:wink2:

Love,love

me

I've voted for the wednesday I should be arriving in montreal tuesday afternoon and leaving thursday evening, my only worry is if I come along with my sister I might not want to leave her alone too much and I don't think she will want to come along for the meet and greet lmaooo. If i travel alone I am MORE than up for a meet and greet any of those days as long as I am there.

What a great idea!!

It would definitely be pretty cool to have a party all together :thumb_yello:

I chose wednesday because it looks easier for everyone to be there but I don't really care as I'll be here and available on any of the 3 day anyway :teehee:

Also, if you need any help to organize things, etc... even though I'm not a "local", I'll be happy to help if I can as I'll be in Montreal during the whole week :wink2: (And I've already passed my "can you understand our canadian accent?" exam thanks to Guylaine :naughty:)

What a great idea!!

It would definitely be pretty cool to have a party all together :thumb_yello:

I chose wednesday because it looks easier for everyone to be there but I don't really care as I'll be here and available on any of the 3 day anyway :teehee:

Also, if you need any help to organize things, etc... even though I'm not a "local", I'll be happy to help if I can as I'll be in Montreal during the whole week :wink2: (And I've already passed my "can you understand our canadian accent?" exam thanks to Guylaine :naughty:)

:blink: what accent? :dunno:

I voted for Tuesday as like a "kick-off" party for the gigs....but after reading I agree that Wednesday would probably work better.

I've never met up with more than like 10 mfcers at a gig, let alone a proper meetup. So I'd love this.

warning: I'm a hugger, I will hug you.