MFC get-together in Montreal - February 11, 2015

guylainem123

Will you be present on February 11th for our MFC get-together?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be present on February 11th for our MFC get-together?

Pretty much sums it all!

Some clue to make sure anyone think they're not at the right place:

It's in an asian commercial building. There is an HSBC branch on thecorner. When you enter the building, first thing you'll see is the bank on your left and a vitamin shop on your right. Go straight then turn right. You'll see an hair salon and a dentist. Then it's the restaurant.

That menu sounds yummy!

Very excited too:blush-anim-cl:

Thanks so much for the advises!!

I'm very excited!

It looks great!! :)

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RESTAURANT UPDATE

The final preparations have been booked at the restaurant, so i thought i'd write here the information that you will need:

The name of the restaurant is : Restaurant Il Pranzetto

The address is: 1111 Rue Saint-Urbain, Montréal, QC H2Z 1Y2

This is the entrance to the restaurant:

https://www.google.ca/maps/@45.507525,-73.562188,3a,60y,31.19h,88.2t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sndSrvc6UATUN9DDV8yitUw!2e0

(add lots of snow to the picture please :teehee:)

We have the restaurant to ourselves starting at 16h00 til we leave.

The food:

You will have a choice of:

MAIN DISH

1) Filet de Basa (white fish) with a fresh tomato, onion, capres olive oil sauce

or

2) Pasta to be determined (will most probably a vegetarian option like a romanoff tortellini)

or

3) Chicken breast with mushroom marsala sauce served with pasta

DESSERTS

We will have a choice of tiramisu, lemon cake, nutella brioche, cannolis (all home made)

and coffee

The meal will cost us between $25 to $30 per person. To this, there will be 15% taxes added on. Also, in Canada, the tip (pourboire, gratuity) is NOT included on your bill. The normal amount to give is 15% (if if helps to calculate, give about what the taxes are on your bill)

They do serve drinks, but they are not included as part of your meal.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me or write your questions in this thread. Did i forget anything? :teehee:

:excite: <------- that's me :mf_rosetinted:

Thanks so much for everything!! It'll be wonderfull spend time together!

It sound good! See you soon

Thanks for the info and organizing, Guy! :thumb_yello: The fish thing sounds it could be gluten-free? If it's not, can we order something outside this list, like a salad or something? Otherwise I need to eat before coming to the restaurant. I don't think I'll be really hungry though, too much excitement meeting everyone, lol!

My flight to Montreal is in two days!!!!!!! :excite:

I sent them an email & i'm waiting for a response.

I'll keep you updated :blush-anim-cl:

I sent them an email & i'm waiting for a response.

I'll keep you updated :blush-anim-cl:

Thank you!! Sorry to cause extra trouble asking this! It's probably possible to order chicken without pasta or something like that.

My flight is tomorrow:teehee:

Have a safe trip! Mine is on Saturday but I'm over-excited already, lol!

FLOWER/GIFT UPDATE

Also, since Guylaine was updating about the party, I thought I'd pop in here and quickly update about the flowers we're sending.

You've all been very generous and so we have enough to get a large bouquet of "exotic" flowers (like birds of paradise), with enough left over to buy a VERY NICE (as in $$$) bottle of wine. These will all be delivered to Mika's dressing room before the first performance. :thumb_yello:

I'm sure we'll share photos once we have them.

Those of you who have chosen to pay me in person, please don't forget to bring your $$ with you to the 1st show, or to the party. Thanks! :original:

FLOWER/GIFT UPDATE

You've all been very generous and so we have enough to get a large bouquet of "exotic" flowers (like birds of paradise), with enough left over to buy a VERY NICE (as in $$$) bottle of wine. These will all be delivered to Mika's dressing room before the first performance. :thumb_yello:

Exotic flowers (and the wine) sounds good!!!!! Thanks Deb! :thumb_yello:

FLOWER/GIFT UPDATE

Also, since Guylaine was updating about the party, I thought I'd pop in here and quickly update about the flowers we're sending.

Those of you who have chosen to pay me in person, please don't forget to bring your $$ with you to the 1st show, or to the party. Thanks! :original:

:thumb_yello: Thanks a million to you, Guylaine and all the others - for organizing flowers, M&G for MFCers, updating, giving infos and advises, making hallmaps where we sit during the gigs etc. etc :huglove: I'm deeply thankful for all your efforts, to make things as good as possible, for all of us !!! And yes, I've already bought some $ Deb, and won't forget to bring it with me to the 1st show! :wink2:

My yellow Swatch is now set with Canadian time :blush-anim-cl: Acc. to MIKA this watch will bring us good luck and protection, which we all might need :mikadas: I wish everybody a safe and pleasant trip to Montreal - see you soon guys ...:wub2:

Love,love

me

Thank you!! Sorry to cause extra trouble asking this! It's probably possible to order chicken without pasta or something like that.

Here what they answered when i inquired about the fish plate: "Yes we will put her gluten free pasta next to her dish just tell her to identify herself when she orders"

Here what they answered when i inquired about the fish plate: "Yes we will put her gluten free pasta next to her dish just tell her to identify herself when she orders"

Wow, they couldn't be more accommodating, could they? We are so lucky to have found this location, they have been just super to work with! :wub2:

:( it looks soooo fun but I only go to the first gig .... is there a mfc meething the first day too?

We haven't set up anything officially, but I'm sure some people are getting together for an informal drink or a meal before the show, aren't they? To be honest, I haven't seen anything, as I've been preoccupied, and I don't get in until 1 p.m. on Tuesday, anyway.

But... I'd be willing to meet up for a bit before the show for a bite to eat or something. I'm staying quite near the venue, so it would probably make sense to meet somewhere in that vicinity. Anyone want to try to organize something? Just pick a spot where we can gather and hang out for a while?

Wow, they couldn't be more accommodating, could they? We are so lucky to have found this location, they have been just super to work with! :wub2:

They certainly have been such pleasure to work with.

I hope people remember that when tipping :naughty:

I'll let you in on a little secret.... apparently, the chef really likes Mika's music :teehee:

If we take a quick peak in the kitchen, we may find him dancing to the music we'll be playing :mf_rosetinted:

I'll let you in on a little secret.... apparently, the chef really likes Mika's music :teehee:

If we take a quick peak in the kitchen, we may find him dancing to the music we'll be playing :mf_rosetinted:

We'll have to be sure include him/her in our photos and videos! :wink2:

By the way, I just posted this in another thread, but I suppose it belongs here, too.

I've set up the MFC youtube account to be able to do a Google hangout sort of thing, which will broadcast the party, or at least some of it, live so everyone can see it -- as long as the restaurant's Wi-Fi holds out! :naughty: There will also be an interactive chat box, so you can send messages to us that way while watching the livestream. I've tested it with Guylaine and it seems to be working well. I'll try to do a live test over the weekend with everyone, so you can all see how it will work. In the meantime, if you haven't already, subscribe to the MFC youtube account so that you'll get a notification when we launch the event. :thumb_yello:

https://www.youtube.com/user/MikaFanClubMFC

Oh wow, such great service!! Thank you Guy!!! :wub2:

The kitchen is opened so it won't be too difficult!

Had lunch there today... Always very yummy!

FLOWER/GIFT UPDATE

I missed that :tears: as I decided to go very, very late :sad: and I didn't really follow the threads :doh:

FLOWER/GIFT UPDATE

Just give me a kick up the bum if I forget to pay. :wink2::mf_rosetinted:

I want to thank everyone for working so hard to make everything possible. You are amazing. :flowers2:

Yes, I would like to second that. :thumb_yello:

Thank you to everyone who has put in so much hard work. :huglove:

We'll have to be sure include him/her in our photos and videos! :wink2:

By the way, I just posted this in another thread, but I suppose it belongs here, too.

I've set up the MFC youtube account to be able to do a Google hangout sort of thing, which will broadcast the party, or at least some of it, live so everyone can see it -- as long as the restaurant's Wi-Fi holds out! :naughty: There will also be an interactive chat box, so you can send messages to us that way while watching the livestream. I've tested it with Guylaine and it seems to be working well. I'll try to do a live test over the weekend with everyone, so you can all see how it will work. In the meantime, if you haven't already, subscribe to the MFC youtube account so that you'll get a notification when we launch the event. :thumb_yello:

https://www.youtube.com/user/MikaFanClubMFC

Thank you so much for this! It will be really great to see you and join "virtually" to the party :blush-anim-cl:

It will be really special!