Mika @ Adelphi Theatre, London 18 October 2015

mari62

Hmmm... do you think there will be more? I'll be based even further from London than I am already at that point. I also think it'd be a challenge to have to sit in a theatre and watch Mika perform. I'm bad enough at sitting anyway, let alone with Mika there too. Sounds like torture! :(

Hmmm... do you think there will be more? I'll be based even further from London than I am already at that point. I also think it'd be a challenge to have to sit in a theatre and watch Mika perform. I'm bad enough at sitting anyway, let alone with Mika there too. Sounds like torture! :(

Is it absolutely sure that it's a seated show? I know it's a seated venue but there are some places where they take off the seats at the front to get 'normal' gigs

Don't forget to RSVP if you're going -- see the link to the calendar event that Mari has posted in the first post of this thread.

About the presale -- the link will be posted on Mika's FB and here on the MFC around 9 a.m. tomorrow morning. You'll have to be ready to go then. I have no idea if there will be a limit on number of tickets you can buy, or whether there will be actual tickets mailed... we'll just have to wait and see! :wait:

• Like 1

It's the 18th, not the 19th. If it had been the Monday I could have gone. The trains are okay on a weekday.

I think it might sell out with all the blitz of publicity on radio and TV. So if I was any of you I wouldn't hang around before getting the tickets.

Marylin, I know that the gig will be on 18 th but I need the day after free cause it will be not possible to appear at work at time even I would take the first flight to Germany

Don't forget to RSVP if you're going -- see the link to the calendar event that Mari has posted in the first post of this thread.

About the presale -- the link will be posted on Mika's FB and here on the MFC around 9 a.m. tomorrow morning. You'll have to be ready to go then. I have no idea if there will be a limit on number of tickets you can buy, or whether there will be actual tickets mailed... we'll just have to wait and see! :wait:

The usual lack of information then? :naughty:

even if the gig is seated, it doesn't mean we have to stay in our seats. i hope! it really was torture in montreal not to be allowed to get up and dance. :aah:

Tks Deb!!

Patience? do we have a tutorial anywhere?

:naughty: 

We must expect the link here, in Mari's topic, right?

• Like 2

I won't be going. I would have if it had been during the week, but every weekend, without fail, there are engineering works on the line between Manchester and London. I've tried travelling to London a few times at weekend and last time nearly killed me. We had to go to Birmingham, then get a coach so far, then another train. We left Manchester at 9.30am and didn't get to London until gone 4.00pm.

I can't drive a car and neither can Alan, so we don't have alternative transport. The busses leave very early, and take too long to get there..

I can't chance all that now as my health isn't good. But I'm delighted for everyone who can go.

Hopefully, if he announces a gig somewhere else, I can make it. I hope for Manchester. That would be ideal.

Marilyn, why don't you go by coach?  National Express run from Manchester to London Victoria and there are several services a day (really cheap if you book early). If you travelled down on the Saturday and back on the Monday I'm sure it wouldn't be too tiring for you.

• Like 1

even if the gig is seated, it doesn't mean we have to stay in our seats. i hope! it really was torture in montreal not to be allowed to get up and dance. :aah:

I agree...but I prefer a seated show..I hate to queue up! I find seating places more comfortable then free places...I hope so for this gig!!! This is also the best way to don't lose a day in London..it's better to spend a day visiting the city, I think..

Edited by *Denise*
  • Like 2

Thanks for letting me join this group - I'm new here. Huge Mika fan as is my daughter and really hoping we can get tickets tomorrow. Does anyone know how the pre-sale works? I'm wondering if any code is needed?

It's usually just a ticketing link, just click and buy as soon as you can.

Marilyn, why don't you go by coach?  National Express run from Manchester to London Victoria and there are several services a day (really cheap if you book early). If you travelled down on the Saturday and back on the Monday I'm sure it wouldn't be too tiring for you.

Thanks for letting me join this group - I'm new here. Huge Mika fan as is my daughter and really hoping we can get tickets tomorrow. Does anyone know how the pre-sale works? I'm wondering if any code is needed?

I'll look into National Express. I did enquire about a bus one time, and they said the only one was 5am in the morning and would get to London quite late. But that wasn't National Express, so I'll check it.

Hi Caroline and welcome. I'm not sure about the pre-sale either, Welcome to the MFC!! 

Sorry I haven't multi quoted... It's a bit tricky on the iPad and I am still tired after the weekend.

Theresa... You have absolutely nothing to feel guilty about!

Good to see some old friends showing up in this thread. Kazia ..... Book your baby sitter now ;)

Good luck tomorrow morning everyone.

• Like 1

Where to sit, where to sit?  Apparently if the stage is high it's not so easy to watch from Rows A and B - lots of neck craning involved.  On the other hand you would be right at the front.  Further back you actually get a better view of the whole stage.

Edited by silver

Am I too optimist if I guess it will sell out REALLY quickly? I guess many fans from many countries are interested :D

As long as all the UK fans get tickets. A lot can't travel so this is the best chance of seeing him.

• Like 4

Hi guys!

I wish all MFCers GOOD LUCK with the tic hount for Adelphi Theatre gig tomorrow morning!! :) I do hope you all get tics !! :) Unfortunately I can't go. But if you want a good hotell room, VERY close to the theatre, I can recommend The Strand Palace hotell, in the same street. We stayed there 3 nights this weekend, and were very pleased with everything :) It's location is also great, only 5 mins walk to Trafalgar Square, and 5 mins walk to Royal Opera House...:)

Love,love

me

Hi guys!

I wish all MFCers GOOD LUCK with the tic hount for Adelphi Theatre gig tomorrow morning!! :) I do hope you all get tics !! :) Unfortunately I can't go. But if you want a good hotell room, VERY close to the theatre, I can recommend The Strand Palace hotell, in the same street. We stayed there 3 nights this weekend, and were very pleased with everything :) It's location is also great, only 5 mins walk to Trafalgar Square, and 5 mins walk to Royal Opera House... :)

Love,love

me

Most of us tend to stay somewhere as cheap as possible :naughty:  but thanks for the tip

• Like 1

Most of us tend to stay somewhere as cheap as possible :naughty:  but thanks for the tip

I agree - and the same do I, and we :) But this time I found the room as a very good offer at hotels.com ...:)

Love,love

me

Can't believe in so much happiness, Mika in the city I live, kill me now - gonna set five alarm clocks just not to miss the sale! 

I am a bit worried about that the venue is seated - no dancing? No squeaking? Even singing will feel strange. Also, the war and the battle tomorrow, I am already afraid about my Internet connection failing the mission and I will have to seat outside, with the ear pressed to the glass put on the door of the theatre. Well. 
And the price - please, can it be affordable for the student? 
Anyway. 
Can't wait.

does anyone know how this presale is going to work?

It's not too complicated.

Mika's team will post a link to the presale page at around 9 a.m. UK time -- I'll post the link here on MFC. You can just click on the link and buy the tickets.

There will only be a certain amount of ticket allocated for the presale. Once those are gone, they're gone. If you don't get your tickets

during the presale, you'll have to wait and try again on Friday in the general sale.

• Like 2