Beautiful Disaster - Lyrics & Discussion

Wow! I just made a comment and said only my opinion and then I answered to explain my point of view. But probably I can’t express myself very well in English and I admit that my explanations are too long. I apologize for this. And after this I’ll stop my comments because it became a polemic or a drama, even though I didn’t have any intention. I think I need to stay away from here and avoid commenting for a while in this forum. And I'll do it, for sure.

First of all, my first comment was that I was surprised to see the reactions of so many fans prey to hormones, who wanted to get to a million video views of BD, not because they liked the video or the duet song, but because they wanted to see him naked and the shippers because they wanted to see their “ship” naked together, also doing other "things" together. It's not me who said it, just go on twitter and read the comments. It's not me that don’t have a sense of humor, but those who took seriously a stupid joke of Mika, who immediately after realized that they had taken him at his word, he regretted it and said right away that he was not talking about the performance in the final. He didn’t say: “okay, next Thursday I’ll sing naked in front of everyone, that's a promise!”. What you said is exactly my point. They can certainly make an entertaining and funny performance, in fact, the song and the video are so joyful and fun! They'll certainly find something appropriate. I know very well Mika isn't a monk, as well as it’s evident that since 2012 he has a different and more mature public image, without forgetting his playful side.

My answer refers to what I read yesterday on the twitter account of XF, where they and his colleagues have pulled back out the thing, that I honestly thought it was already over. Read the comments there and tell me who is exaggerated. I'm glad they (XF and his collegues) were just kidding. And I explained why the thing, as some say, in my opinion it's not funny, based on what the average Italian tv public, who didn’t know Mika or who knew him only for a few songs, but also journalists and interviewers in media / press said or say about him. Those are their words, not mine. Or is it just me that heard Daria Bignardi, Fabio Fazio, Fabrizio Frizzi, Antonella Clerici, etc., interviewers in radio, talk about him in a certain way, especially as a person? they don’t follow him like his fans do, who follow him in everything he does or says in the various countries; they, by their own admission, formed their opinion about him through TV, his interviews on TV or in the press, in Italy. And once again, their words were/are very clear and they respect him because he is perceived in a certain way, for his behavior and his qualities. His voice and his songs were also there before, not these their opinions. This is about his public image as a person more than his career, but the two things are connected, I think.

And we're talking about the same average tv public and media who were scandalised because a famous showgirl in Sanremo Festival had a gown or a skirt with a slit up to the thigh and they could see her tattoo of a butterfly, or not? Where was their sense of humor? Boh!

You don't "see nothing trashy or vulgar about that,and I don't think that people will lose their respect for him". You don't see nothing trashy and vulgar about singing naked in a TV show? But there is really someone who thinks that to do a performance, singing naked, it's something to do on a TV show and then people see him as a serious/professional singer/artist, after it? Really? How many male singers/artists /or call them what you want, have you ever saw/watched who sang naked in a TV show (not on their videos and without being censored)? Tell me a name, please.

Am I the only one who remembers when Mika said: "The doors closed are opened with the work, not with scandals", "Instead of being afraid to get on my fans’s nerves/to be a pain in the a** with my fans, I hope to do it, because if I can’t do it here ... I'm not an artist that does it with photos of paparazzi on the beach, I'm an artist who wants to get on the nerves/ be a pain the a** and shock a bit my fans with musical gestures. I hope to do it, because this is fun." ?

The jokes are one thing, when he speaks seriously is entirely another matter. However, it’s obvious that anything he says or does is only his responsibility and no one else.

But you are right: the next time, instead of a symphony concert with a important orchestra and in important theaters, he can simply do a striptease on TV. It’s exactly the same thing. What's the problem? :)

Sure!This is funny. LOL! Thanks forse making me laugh. and since that I exaggerate, and you don't believe me, here are some gift:

http://invidia.pianetadonna.it/eventi/musica/fedez-nudo-video.html#/bestof_fedez_nudo_nel_video_clip_non_c_due_senza_trash__per_strada_da_solo__foto_1

http://video.corriere.it/fedez-prende-giro-barbara-d-urso-corre-nudo-rocco-siffredi/06a228ea-1449-11e5-896b-9ad243b8dd91

http://allsongs.tv/fedez/gallery/fedez-fidanzata-giulia-valentina-nudi-pubblicita-sisley/

http://www.spetteguless.it/tag/fedez-nudo/

This comments and my previous comments is/were only my opinion (about what other people say) and I think that I can say/write it, or not? And you, like everyone else of course, can say his opinion. But don't worry, anymore "dramas" about this, I will not comment anymore what people say on twitter. This is a promise :) I take a pause from this forum, for a while.

snickers_zpsojet4vot.jpg

This is a joke by the way. For those who have trouble identifying jokes.

• Like 2

Wow! I just made a comment and said only my opinion and then I answered to explain my point of view. But probably I can’t express myself very well in English and I admit that my explanations are too long. I apologize for this. And after this I’ll stop my comments because it became a polemic or a drama, even though I didn’t have any intention. I think I need to stay away from here and avoid commenting for a while in this forum. And I'll do it, for sure.

I think you are expressing yourself quite well and people wouldn't read your posts if they thought they were too long. No one is more annoyed than I am that so few fans these days seem to have any interest at all in music, nevermind Mika's music - and are only obsessed with Mika because of his looks or because they think his giggle is adorable. I totally agree with you about that. I haven't read any tweets, but I can imagine.

But what I don't really agree with is your portrayal of Mika as a victim and the assumption that people are pushing him around, etc. I remember another comment you had made recently calling Fedez a liar because he said something about this collaboration that contradicted Mika's account of how it started. I have no idea what really happened or who said what, but Mika tells stories, exaggerates, says things that are simply not true at all, etc. all the time. Even on the night of the Paris attacks he tweeted that he had played his first gig in that venue when I am pretty sure that he hadn't. I would never assume that someone else was a vicious liar because they don't corroborate Mika's version of events. In fact, probably the opposite :naughty:

If all these fans tweeting bothers you, I would advise you to not read his timeline. I doubt Mika wastes much time on it. He used to be hesitant to block fans on Twitter because he didn't want to look like an asshole, but now you can mute people without them knowing, so if anyone is seriously bothering him, he doesn't have to read it. And when it comes to Fedez, XF producers, I am sure he can look after himself and is being well compensated for whatever he has to do that he would prefer not to. We all have to do things in our jobs we'd rather not. That's life and Mika is not exempt from it. I don't think he needs the pity of me or any of his fans. We have our own problems to worry about.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who is annoyed by the:

People are talking to themselves - they think they're talking to someone but they're talking to themselves.

Really Mika?

maybe not annoyed, but certainly it makes me go "WTF?! :doh: "

• Like 1

I'm confused why this is such a big issue. It was just a joke he said without thinking too much and not even the first time. Surely they can figure out a suitable solution for it without making it trash? And I wonder how he feels about always considering what he can or cannot do and what it does to his public image. Why can't he be himself and people can take it or leave it. He is a professional and sensitive judge, it should be enough. 

That's right, it's a joke :thumb_yello: My idea is that Valentino could body paint suits on them , so they would be at the same time naked and dressed up :lmfao:  It's like Mika and Fedez wedding :floor: Too bad Wonkita doesn't make caps lately because that would have been perfect for Wonkaland :thumb_yello:  One thing I do love about Mika is his sense of humor and the fact that he doesn't take life too seriously (or makes it seem so in the most witty way) .  

As far as Mika mentioning the Bataclan, imo he didn' t mean to lie, he simply didn't remember the name and he mixed up Trabando and Bataclan 

Edited by crazyaboutmika

As far as Mika mentioning the Bataclan, imo he didn' t mean to lie, he simply didn't remember the name and he mixed up Trabando and Bataclan

Yes I didn't say he lied, just that he can say things that are not true. He may be misinformed or confused or whatever. In any case I would not make an assumption that someone is a liar because they contradict something he said.

Am I the only one who is annoyed by the:

People are talking to themselves - they think they're talking to someone but they're talking to themselves.

Really Mika?

I was also wondering why he wanted to repeat these words. Is it intentional, like in Ordinary man ( "just like every man does x 2") or just a lack of insipiration  :teehee: ?

Anyway, I still love Mika's only version and would like it to be released as a single - with a Mikalike video. 

Edited by Menthe

maybe not annoyed, but certainly it makes me go "WTF?! :doh: "

Probably the English teacher in me then. NO REPETITION KIDS.

But also the "Our love, you know that it's true" part is such lazy songwriting.

I still like the song though.

I was also wondering why he wanted to repeat these words. Is it intentional, like in Ordinary man ( "just like every man does x 2") or just a lack of insipiration  :teehee: ?

Anyway, I still love Mika's only version and would like it to be released as a single - with a Mikalike video.

idk, in ordinary man it sounds artistic, but here it just sounds weird. as ingie said, "lazy songwriting". ah well, not every mika song can be a masterpiece. :teehee: and the chorus gets stuck in my head every time i hear the song, so at least it's catchy. :bleh:

idk, in ordinary man it sounds artistic, but here it just sounds weird. as ingie said, "lazy songwriting". ah well, not every mika song can be a masterpiece. :teehee: and the chorus gets stuck in my head every time i hear the song, so at least it's catchy. :bleh:

It reminds me of "I tried to live alone, but lonely is so lonely alone". 

It's a little awkward, but I love the rest of the song so I'm not bothered.  :pinkbow:

• Like 1

LIVE : Beautiful Disaster @ X Factor FINALE

YouTube

La Presse

http://www.lapresse.it/spettacolo-e-cultura/x-factor-mika-e-fedez-senza-maglietta-ed-elio-resta-mutande-1.808726

X Factor, Mika e Fedez senza maglietta. Ed Elio resta mutande

Milano, 10 dic. (LaPresse) - Clima davvero goliardico sul palco di X Factor. Dopo aver cantato 'Beautiful disaster', Fedez e Mika hanno ottemperato a quanto promesso la scorsa settimana. I due artisti avevano annunciato che se il video della loro canzone avesse superato un milione di visualizzazione su Youtube si sarebbero spogliati durante la finale. E così è stato. Via la maglietta per tutti e due, tra le grida e le risate del pubblico. E, tanto per non sentirsi solo, anche Elio ha voluto dare il suo contributo ed è rimasto in mutande.

23380724010_df3f45d03e_o.jpg

XF9 Daily 35

XF9 LIVE

EDITED clips

Edited by Kumazzz
fixed
  • Like 1

I don't care about naked chests in different sizes... i'm sad because Mika sang "beautiful disaster" completely out of tunes and without his usual powerful voice. He made a fool of himself. This season he never performed at Xfactor and he "decided" to sing bad exatly at the Final Show with a lot of more viewers. How i could change my quite bad opinion of the song if he sings it so bad?

Edited by allegra

Yes I didn't say he lied, just that he can say things that are not true. He may be misinformed or confused or whatever. In any case I would not make an assumption that someone is a liar because they contradict something he said.

Indeed that's what I meant to say :thumb_yello: 

First of all, my first comment was that I was surprised to see the reactions of so many fans prey to hormones, who wanted to get to a million video views of BD, not because they liked the video or the duet song, but because they wanted to see him naked and the shippers because they wanted to see their “ship” naked together, also doing other "things" together. It's not me who said it, just go on twitter and read the comments. It's not me that don’t have a sense of humor, but those who took seriously a stupid joke of Mika, who immediately after realized that they had taken him at his word, he regretted it and said right away that he was not talking about the performance in the final. He didn’t say: “okay, next Thursday I’ll sing naked in front of everyone, that's a promise!”. What you said is exactly my point. They can certainly make an entertaining and funny performance, in fact, the song and the video are so joyful and fun! They'll certainly find something appropriate. I know very well Mika isn't a monk, as well as it’s evident that since 2012 he has a different and more mature public image, without forgetting his playful side.

My answer refers to what I read yesterday on the twitter account of XF, where they and his colleagues have pulled back out the thing, that I honestly thought it was already over. Read the comments there and tell me who is exaggerated. I'm glad they (XF and his collegues) were just kidding. And I explained why the thing, as some say, in my opinion it's not funny, based on what the average Italian tv public, who didn’t know Mika or who knew him only for a few songs, but also journalists and interviewers in media / press said or say about him. Those are their words, not mine. Or is it just me that heard Daria Bignardi, Fabio Fazio, Fabrizio Frizzi, Antonella Clerici, etc., interviewers in radio, talk about him in a certain way, especially as a person? they don’t follow him like his fans do, who follow him in everything he does or says in the various countries; they, by their own admission, formed their opinion about him through TV, his interviews on TV or in the press, in Italy. And once again, their words were/are very clear and they respect him because he is perceived in a certain way, for his behavior and his qualities. His voice and his songs were also there before, not these their opinions. This is about his public image as a person more than his career, but the two things are connected, I think.

And we're talking about the same average tv public and media who were scandalised because a famous showgirl in Sanremo Festival had a gown or a skirt with a slit up to the thigh and they could see her tattoo of a butterfly, or not? Where was their sense of humor? Boh!

You don't "see nothing trashy or vulgar about that,and I don't think that people will lose their respect for him". You don't see nothing trashy and vulgar about singing naked in a TV show? But there is really someone who thinks that to do a performance, singing naked, it's something to do on a TV show and then people see him as a serious/professional singer/artist, after it? Really? How many male singers/artists /or call them what you want, have you ever saw/watched who sang naked in a TV show (not on their videos and without being censored)? Tell me a name, please.

Am I the only one who remembers when Mika said: "The doors closed are opened with the work, not with scandals", "Instead of being afraid to get on my fans’s nerves/to be a pain in the a** with my fans, I hope to do it, because if I can’t do it here ... I'm not an artist that does it with photos of paparazzi on the beach, I'm an artist who wants to get on the nerves/ be a pain the a** and shock a bit my fans with musical gestures. I hope to do it, because this is fun." ?

The jokes are one thing, when he speaks seriously is entirely another matter. However, it’s obvious that anything he says or does is only his responsibility and no one else.

But you are right: the next time, instead of a symphony concert with a important orchestra and in important theaters, he can simply do a striptease on TV. It’s exactly the same thing. What's the problem? :)

Sure!This is funny. LOL! Thanks forse making me laugh. and since that I exaggerate, and you don't believe me, here are some gift:

http://invidia.pianetadonna.it/eventi/musica/fedez-nudo-video.html#/bestof_fedez_nudo_nel_video_clip_non_c_due_senza_trash__per_strada_da_solo__foto_1

http://video.corriere.it/fedez-prende-giro-barbara-d-urso-corre-nudo-rocco-siffredi/06a228ea-1449-11e5-896b-9ad243b8dd91

http://allsongs.tv/fedez/gallery/fedez-fidanzata-giulia-valentina-nudi-pubblicita-sisley/

http://www.spetteguless.it/tag/fedez-nudo/

This comments and my previous comments is/were only my opinion (about what other people say) and I think that I can say/write it, or not? And you, like everyone else of course, can say his opinion. But don't worry, anymore "dramas" about this, I will not comment anymore what people say on twitter. This is a promise :) I take a pause from this forum, for a while.

:hug: Be back soon Charlie :huglove:

For me it is just a disaster! I do not find a positive adjective for this song totally inaudible. Beyond the significance the rhythms are strident and quiet ungraceful, clunky. Okay, now tell me I'm a conservative :naughty:  :yes: 

Edited by checcodizzy

For me it is just a disaster! I do not find a positive adjective for this song totally inaudible. Beyond the significance the rhythms are strident and quiet ungraceful, clunky. Okay, now tell me I'm a conservative

Me too, i'm conservative! :groovy:

• 6 months later...

The second LIVE performance was at Molfetta.

Beautiful Disaster !

Thanks a lot Grazia !! :wub:

Tillymilo

a part from Periscope https://www.periscope.tv/MeduriGrazia/1gqxvMZLomQJB

Beautiful Disaster @ MOLFETTA, ITALY by @MeduriGrazia

YouTube user Giada Mazzacane shares many videos. Thank you.

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 1