Big Software Update Notice!

dcdeb

I also wanted to mention that some processes are still running in the background, so you may find some broken image links until they have finished.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, krysady said:

Also it's weird the way the quoted text appears, no more frame or colored background, you can't notice where the quote ends and the answers starts. A clear delimitation would help.

Yes, I agree it could be a lot clearer.

54 minutes ago, silver said:

Yes, I agree it could be a lot clearer.

Yes, something changed with the color scheme. I'll have to sort that out.

But I have changed the text color on the tags! Slow but steady...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Yes, something changed with the color scheme. I'll have to sort that out.

But I have changed the text color on the tags! Slow but steady...

:thumb_yello:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Good morning, all!

Well, as you have discovered, the upgrade messed up our theme/templates a bit. There were a few other minor problems, and I have a message into our Tech Support people for help with a few things, but overall it went fairly quickly and smoothly. I have gone through the steps to install the mobile app, but apparently you have to wait until you're approved for that -- I guess maybe because it's a beta test, still. So we'll see how long approval takes.

We'll be spending some time this weekend ironing out the wrinkles, so please bear with us. We hope to get everything back in order soon!

Thanks!

Thank you for your update, Deb. This sort of operation always has some issues. But it's not something important. 

For the moment we can use most of the website options, which is a good news :thumb_yello:

Good luck for the ironing :wink2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Thank you for your update, Deb. This sort of operation always has some issues. But it's not something important. 

For the moment we can use most of the website options, which is a good news :thumb_yello:

Good luck for the ironing :wink2:

Thanks, Anna.

Well, I'm slowly getting some of the colors and minor things fixed. The mobile version issues are proving to be trickier.

But we'll get there!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Naectegale said:

I can’t see the like button properly on my iPad :emot-sad: It looks like big grey blob and when I click on it I get a second grey blob over the icons, so I have to guess where the icon I like is 😠

Silver said I should post this here, so here it is :biggrin2:

1 hour ago, Naectegale said:

Silver said I should post this here, so here it is :biggrin2:

Hmm. I haven't checked the site yet on my iPad just my iPhone and desktop. I'll add this to the list! Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gabry74 said:

Hi @dcdeb, I can't see the notifications from my phone. I can only see them from my PC... 🤷‍♀️

Changing the theme at the bottom of the page from MFC to Default brings back the icons in the top right corner. 😊 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Whether it's because I'm seeing the forum in daylight, I don't know, but I am finding some of the text to be very faint - it looks like a very pale grey to me and is hardly visible.

eg the instruction that tells you to drag files to attach, when you are replying to a post

48 minutes ago, silver said:

Whether it's because I'm seeing the forum in daylight, I don't know, but I am finding some of the text to be very faint - it looks like a very pale grey to me and is hardly visible.

eg the instruction that tells you to drag files to attach, when you are replying to a post

Yes, I see that, too. I have to change the text to a darker color.

5 hours ago, Gabry74 said:

Hi @dcdeb, I can't see the notifications from my phone. I can only see them from my PC... 🤷‍♀️

Yes, others have discovered that changing the "theme" at the bottom of the page from MFC to Default brings back the icons in the top right corner. mellody is working on fixing that so that the Default theme looks more like our MFC "skin." 

Thanks, and keep the feedback coming!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

OK, I've changed that text color, made it a bit darker. Does it need to go darker still?

And also the "Like" icons look OK on my iPad. Are they OK for everyone else?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

OK, I've changed that text color, made it a bit darker. Does it need to go darker still?

The text colour is better, maybe a tad darker? :dunno:.  (You can see the effect better on the Forum page).

Can't comment on the icons, as they are OK on a PC

6 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Yes, I see that, too. I have to change the text to a darker color.

Yes, others have discovered that changing the "theme" at the bottom of the page from MFC to Default brings back the icons in the top right corner. mellody is working on fixing that so that the Default theme looks more like our MFC "skin." 

Thanks, and keep the feedback coming!

Thank you! 

5 hours ago, dcdeb said:

This is my screen but I don't see notifications. On the PC I see them at the top left.

Screenshot_20200823-204001_Chrome.jpg

50 minutes ago, Gabry74 said:

Thank you! 

This is my screen but I don't see notifications. On the PC I see them at the top left.

Screenshot_20200823-204001_Chrome.jpg

Yes, as I said earlier on this thread, the update messed up the mobile layout. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to change it back, unless you're really fit at programming in HTML and CSS - so what I'll do is create a new theme that'll have the functionality of the default one, but as much as possible of the design of MFC. For now, as stated above, you have to change to the default theme or activate the desktop view in your browser if you want to view your notifications on your mobile. Sorry for the inconveniences, I have the same problem, usually I'm viewing MFC on my mobile and I can't access anything apart from the threads now without changing the view or theme. :aah:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, mellody said:

Yes, as I said earlier on this thread, the update messed up the mobile layout. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to change it back, unless you're really fit at programming in HTML and CSS - so what I'll do is create a new theme that'll have the functionality of the default one, but as much as possible of the design of MFC. For now, as stated above, you have to change to the default theme or activate the desktop view in your browser if you want to view your notifications on your mobile. Sorry for the inconveniences, I have the same problem, usually I'm viewing MFC on my mobile and I can't access anything apart from the threads now without changing the view or theme. :aah:

Ok, thanks! 

4 hours ago, Irem Aytepe said:

i hope this is not the latest version of the mfc, this isn't user friendly that much. idk... im sorry :sad:

Anything in particular causing problems?

1 hour ago, silver said:

Anything in particular causing problems?

I seem to have lost the very useful tools I used to find threads and my messages...it's like I only see the page I'm reading but I can't find the usual tools that were on the right hand side on the top :doh: Maybe I need some practice to find them :dunno:

All I find is recent activity (better than nothing though)

12 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

I seem to have lost the very useful tools I used to find threads and my messages...it's like I only see the page I'm reading but I can't find the usual tools that were on the right hand side on the top :doh: Maybe I need some practice to find them :dunno:

All I find is recent activity (better than nothing though)

A lot of options are now top left.

Any particular tool you were looking for?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silver said:

A lot of options are now top left.

Any particular tool you were looking for?

Well I found a way to make everything work now :thumb_yello:

I click "request desktop site" so I can see all my tools on the right then unclick this option to interact in the threads then with my mail. That way it is fine. And I lost my internet connection on Mika's birthday (even the phone one wasn't working at times or very badly) but after several days the problem was solved and the connection is much better than before as we finally have cable internet and MFC was never faster than now :biggrin2: