Mika is Missing: Fun Fan Theories

TinyLove_CJ

I've hidden the video, as it's not clear where it comes from and it doesn't even show Mika, but members of his family.

We surely can assume that Mika is spending the Christmas holidays in Miami with his family, like every year.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, mellody said:

I've hidden the video, as it's not clear where it comes from and it doesn't even show Mika, but members of his family.

We surely can assume that Mika is spending the Christmas holidays in Miami with his family, like every year.

Every year? I remember a very muddy field last year! :naughty:

But yes, where his family are is where he is most likely to be, in that beautiful villa. Bit envious of the Miami sunshine! 🌞🌞

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Hero said:

Every year? I remember a very muddy field last year! :naughty:

ok, almost every year. :teehee: Or every year, but not reliable, because then he'd make it too easy for us here on this thread. :naughty:

• Haha 3

Soooo time for the crazy theories as to where he could be, now starting the 2024 edition! 

1. He decided that he shall master the skill of tapping beer to perfection (the ratio foam:beer) and is in a random pub in the UK;

2. He is practicing his dancing skills within a confinement of 2.5 meters in a random circus tent in Europe;

3. He has decided to collect glamour and glitter, but since he is already glamorous he is searching for matching glitter in a random store on this world.

I understand I have not narrowed it down at all. But that makes this thread so beautiful (and maybe also incredibly unspecific, but what are we supposed to do otherwise) :biggrin2:

• Haha 9

I have a theory but not so crazy :wink2:

I think he is in Tuscany rehearsing the songs for the tour. His guitarist and sound engineer both posted from the same studio, which is the same they used in 2019 before the Revelation tour. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, lormare73 said:

I have a theory but not so crazy :wink2:

I think he is in Tuscany rehearsing the songs for the tour. His guitarist and sound engineer both posted from the same studio, which is the same they used in 2019 before the Revelation tour. 

I saw Clement's stories but didn't know where it was. Thought they might be rehearsing without Mika for now, but I guess if it's in Tuscany, it's likely Mika is there as well.

And probably @holdingyourdrink's suggestions #2 and #3 are correct in some way, in this studio. :teehee:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

1. He decided that he shall master the skill of tapping beer to perfection (the ratio foam:beer) and is in a random pub in the UK;

Did you see his pint in that video? No one gets a perfect head like that first time round, he's already been practicing pulling if you ask me :teehee:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Did you see his pint in that video? No one gets a perfect head like that first time round, he's already been practicing pulling if you ask me :teehee:

...  You did that on purpose didn't you? :lmfao:

• Haha 2

On 1/4/2024 at 6:23 PM, holdingyourdrink said:

Soooo time for the crazy theories as to where he could be, now starting the 2024 edition! 

2. He is practicing his dancing skills within a confinement of 2.5 meters in a random circus tent in Europe;

3. He has decided to collect glamour and glitter, but since he is already glamorous he is searching for matching glitter in a random store on this world.

I understand I have not narrowed it down at all. But that makes this thread so beautiful (and maybe also incredibly unspecific, but what are we supposed to do otherwise) :biggrin2:

I'll add one. He's decided normal flowers are used too often, so he's traversing the world in search of rare and unusual species to bring to the tour. :biggrin2:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hero said:

I'll add one. He's decided normal flowers are used too often, so he's traversing the world in search of rare and unusual species to bring to the tour. :biggrin2:

Nothing is mediocre about what he does :biggrin2: the problem is though, if you’re constantly exceptional, won’t that be the new normal (and therefore….. mediocre!?) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Nothing is mediocre about what he does :biggrin2: the problem is though, if you’re constantly exceptional, won’t that be the new normal (and therefore….. mediocre!?) 

Ah, but it's not normal, and therefore not mediocre, to be consistently exceptional. Most who are lucky enough to achieve exception can only manage it a few times. To produce it consistently in everything he does is, in itself, exceptional. 

It's all part of his personal provocation to keep striving for it. ❤️

(Also, how very dare you? Risking the wrath of the Mika army.) :lol3:

4 minutes ago, Hero said:

Ah, but it's not normal, and therefore not mediocre, to be consistently exceptional.

That’s the thing though, if it’s consistent it’s not exceptional anymore, it’s normal. 

(Of course I agree with you, to consistently strive for excellence makes his work exceptional.) 

But also: everything is relative according to the chosen perspective :wink2:

• Like 2

Clement's story

Screenshot_20240107_175032_Instagram.jpg

Popular? Hm. I could do without that on the setlist... but I suppose he'll be playing it at the UK gigs. And trying to change it a bit, having trouble to decide for one version. :teehee:

• Like 4

6 hours ago, mellody said:

Private gig tonight at Paris La Defense Arena for Credit Mutuel, there are some videos on Instagram, in @Chriss-MikaFan's stories and on this account:

Yes, there is an article. 

https://www.lesechos.fr/finance-marches/banque-assurances/quand-le-credit-mutuel-fait-son-show-a-la-defense-arena-2045538

It says that

"After Paris, the “show” will go on a short tour. It must therefore be presented this week in Strasbourg - the headquarters of the mutual federation - for two sessions of 5,000 people."

I don't think MIKA will attend the “show”  for Strasbourg, though. :dunno:

Quand le Crédit Mutuel fait son show à La Défense Arena

Les Echos.fr

Crédit Mutuel Alliance Fédérale a présenté mercredi son plan stratégique, adopté le mois dernier, devant plusieurs milliers de salariés à La Défense Arena, la grande salle de spectacle francilienne. Un séminaire géant pour afficher d'ambitieux objectifs commerciaux.

Drôle d'horaire pour un concert. En ce mercredi matin, des centaines de personnes cherchent leur route sur la dalle du quartier de la Défense, smartphone à la main, col du manteau relevé pour se protéger du froid. « J'espère que ça va être bien », glisse l'une d'elles, peu habituée à la foule du matin dans le quartier d'affaires.

Autour de 9.000 salariés du groupe Crédit Mutuel ont répondu à l'appel pour un séminaire géant aux airs de grand spectacle organisé dans La Défense Arena, la grande salle francilienne. L'objectif du jour ? Diffuser auprès des équipes le nouveau plan stratégique à horizon 2027, adopté le mois dernier par Crédit Mutuel Alliance Fédérale (CMAF), principale composante du groupe mutualiste.

Un duo bien rodé

Dans la salle inaugurée en 2017 par les Rolling Stones, Nicolas Théry et Daniel Baal, respectivement président et directeur général de CMAF, se passent la parole sur scène dans un duo bien rodé.

Le premier rappelle à ses équipes à quel point « la période est révolutionnaire », sur le plan technologique et environnemental, et cite Jean Jaurès. Le second se centre sur les métiers et les objectifs du groupe, et interroge les orateurs qui se succèdent sur scène. « 83 % des Français et trois entreprises sur cinq ne sont pas encore clientes », souligne Daniel Baal.

Parmi d'autres objectifs à horizon 2027, le groupe vise un produit net bancaire (l'équivalent des revenus pour une banque) de 19 milliards d'euros, contre 17,3 milliards en 2022, soit une hausse d'environ 10 %. Son coefficient d'exploitation, un indicateur clé de la rentabilité bancaire, doit passer de 59,6 % à 54 %, un niveau particulièrement faible (plus il est faible, plus la banque est performante). Enfin, il vise un bénéfice net de 5 milliards d'euros en 2027, soit 1,5 milliard d'euros de plus qu'en 2022.

Slam et clips vidéo

Le show vise aussi à fédérer les salariés, dans un format collectif proche de la fameuse « choucroute fédérale », organisée chaque année par Centre Est Europe, la principale fédération de CMAF. La réunion est inaugurée par un pianiste, suivi d'un slam, de clips vidéo où les salariés s'expriment sur des notions comme « l'esprit de conquête ». En point d'orgue, le concert surprise d'une « star internationale » : Mika.

A la Défense, ce sont les salariés franciliens du groupe qui sont présents. Sont venus également des présidents de fédération, ou encore Laurent Berger - recruté en septembre dernier par le Crédit Mutuel pour créer un centre d'expertise pour le climat et l'environnement - mais aussi de grandes figures de l'histoire du groupe, comme l'ancien président Etienne Pfimlin, ou Alain Fradin, le prédécesseur de Daniel Baal.

BFI et assurances

Sur le plateau, ce sont aussi les patrons de métiers qui se succèdent. Directeur général adjoint du CIC, Eric Charpentier ébauche des pistes pour développer la banque de financement et d'investissement (BFI). « La BFI doit [changer] d'échelle », insiste-t-il, évoquant davantage de participations de la banque à des opérations de crédit syndiqué, la mise en avant d'équipes de structuration de financements ESG, ou le besoin de renforcer les synergies au sein du groupe.

Les Assurances du Crédit Mutuel (ACM) constituent un autre pilier du plan, explique son président Pierre Reichert. La filiale veut notamment grandir dans l'assurance aux professionnels, aux agriculteurs, dans le domaine de la santé (pour les travailleurs non salariés et les seniors), ou encore en Allemagne.

Après Paris, le « spectacle » va faire l'objet d'une petite tournée. Il doit ainsi être présenté cette semaine à Strasbourg - le siège de la fédération mutualiste - pour deux séances de 5.000 personnes.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, NaoMika said:

I don't think MIKA will attend the “show”  for Strasbourg, though. :dunno:

Clement's story... https://www.instagram.com/stories/monsieurdewitt/3277811152893220334?igsh=aDZpZ21xdHNwOTdz - Not sure where that is, but yesterday's place seemed bigger? Those arenas all look similar, but it could possibly be the Zenith in Strasbourg? :dunno:

29 minutes ago, mellody said:

it could possibly be the Zenith in Strasbourg? :dunno:

I think so. Just saw on Ig there is another Mika private gig now at zenith of Strasbourg, again for Credit mutuel. 

Unusual time for a gig, by the way, but that explain the early soundcheck 

Edited by lormare73
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, mellody said:

Clement's story... https://www.instagram.com/stories/monsieurdewitt/3277811152893220334?igsh=aDZpZ21xdHNwOTdz - Not sure where that is, but yesterday's place seemed bigger? Those arenas all look similar, but it could possibly be the Zenith in Strasbourg? :dunno:

Very possible, seems to feature similar orange chairs:

IMG_0168.thumb.jpeg.2a4c31694773852ab5c8c0d0570964f1.jpegIMG_0169.thumb.jpeg.261e69c308bfb69aaff4d294d3c054b9.jpeg

If it’s true that they are there, they must be testing the light and sound for the new tour. Or it’s another private gig.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lormare73 said:

I think so. Just saw on Ig there is another Mika private gig now at zenith of Strasbourg, again for Credit mutuel. 

Maybe the 2 events are both today, afternoon & evening.

32 minutes ago, lormare73 said:

POV:

It's not just a gig. It's a convention for Credit Mutuel employees. So let's call it : an affair meeting. Mika is just a "bonus" for them.

So I am not surprised that it's during the day. It's their working hours.

Mika is rehearing in the morning because it will be impossible during the convention.

9 hours ago, NaoMika said:

Après Paris, le « spectacle » va faire l'objet d'une petite tournée. Il doit ainsi être présenté cette semaine à Strasbourg - le siège de la fédération mutualiste - pour deux séances de 5.000 personnes.

After Paris, the “show” will go on a short tour. It must therefore be presented this week in Strasbourg - the headquarters of the mutual federation - for two sessions of 5,000 people.

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, mellody said:

nice to see that he's still wearing @Serendipity's BLOOM necklace! :wub2: (last video in this post)

God, this is how much my job messes my head up. I looked at that and thought "why do I see 2 Mika's? OMG, has he really cracked cloning? No there's a little Mika too OH ITS Screens!... :freak:

• Haha 5