Mika is Missing: Fun Fan Theories

TinyLove_CJ

3 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Mika is in a chic hotel room

Ohhh, yes! I saw the stone wall and thought he was showing us a different part of his house in Tuscany. Oops... 🙈 think I need to go on a detective refresher training course! 

• Haha 5

On 9/15/2023 at 10:12 PM, Hero said:

Ohhh, yes! I saw the stone wall and thought he was showing us a different part of his house in Tuscany. Oops... 🙈 think I need to go on a detective refresher training course! 

I also thought it was his house... I was working yesterday while he posted, so only could take a quick look and thought, ah, he's in Tuscany. :dunno_grin:

From the things Max posted today, it looks like he's in France, going back to his French home from somewhere that looks like a long time to drive, apparently he spent the night at a camping site. Maybe they recorded or rehearsed something for the choir thing, somewhere in France? Or it was one of those very private private gigs that don't even get posted on social media. Otherwise I suppose someone would have found something by now. :dunno:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, mellody said:

I also thought it was his house... I was working yesterday while he posted, so only could take a quick look and thought, ah, he's in Tuscany. :dunno_grin:

From the things Max posted today, it looks like he's in France, going back to his French home from somewhere that looks like a long time to drive, apparently he spent the night at a camping site. Maybe they recorded or rehearsed something for the choir thing, somewhere in France? Or it was one of those very private private gigs that don't even get posted on social media. Otherwise I suppose someone would have found something by now. :dunno:

I still think they would have found something if that were the case, because there are very good detectives here, they wouldn't have missed a thing. :lmfao:

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, holdingyourdrink said:

There will be a Christmas special, meaning it will start soon - all through October and November? 

That's what I was thinking. 

ALERT UK FANS - keep your eyes peeled for signs of a tall man acting furtively. 👀 :lol3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 minute ago, Hero said:

That's what I was thinking. 

ALERT UK FANS - keep your eyes peeled for signs of a tall man acting furtively. 👀 :lol3:

I think the Christmas special is meant to be filmed at Kings Cross station, with pianists from the first season performing. So maybe someone needs to stake out that area! ;)

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

I think the Christmas special is meant to be filmed at Kings Cross station, with pianists from the first season performing. So maybe someone needs to stake out that area! ;)

I was there just over 2 weeks ago and saw a piano all set up! A few passers-by were using it, I didn't see a camera crew around though... unless they're hiding behind curtains! 😁

From what I remember two girls (who looked like identical twins) played a rather happy upbeat tune and then an older gentleman played a more classical piece afterwards.

I'd have taken a picture but I had to rush for my train, it would be rather surreal to spot myself in the background of series 2!

• Like 7

Hay que colocar cámaras escondidas para tenerlo rodeado! :ph34r:

You have to place hidden cameras to have him surrounded! :ph34r:

Edited by KAMI_83
^^
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I was there just over 2 weeks ago and saw a piano all set up! A few passers-by were using it, I didn't see a camera crew around though... unless they're hiding behind curtains! 😁

I noticed a piano when I was passing through KX in July. I knew it wasn't for the filming as he was in the middle of the festival gigs, but maybe they set one up early to get people used to the idea of it being there, without thinking 'hey, TV show!'.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Hero said:

I noticed a piano when I was passing through KX in July. I knew it wasn't for the filming as he was in the middle of the festival gigs, but maybe they set one up early to get people used to the idea of it being there, without thinking 'hey, TV show!'.

Yeah I can't be 100% sure the one I saw is for The Piano, it wasn't situated in the same place as what we saw in series 1 and it also looked smaller too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Yeah I can't be 100% sure the one I saw is for The Piano, it wasn't situated in the same place as what we saw in series 1 and it also looked smaller too.

Series 1 was St Pancras, wasn't it? So yes, different place. But I doubt they'd do it in the same place, they'll want to mix it up a bit. 

• Like 3

Btw, we also have a thread about the 2nd series of The Piano, if you want to talk more about that show. ;)

Feels like Mika is already practising going quiet again for a while, before the big buzz of the album release... and of course you have a point that he might be filming for The Piano during that time... so whenever we wonder where he is, it might be the UK, not being allowed to share his location. :dunno_grin: :rolleyes:

Andy and the girls were somewhere in a forest / mountain area the other day, but no idea where that was... and I suppose Mika wasn't with them, so it's no hint. 😅 He's probably working on something, somewhere. :wait: :teehee:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, mellody said:

Btw, we also have a thread about the 2nd series of The Piano, if you want to talk more about that show. ;)

Feels like Mika is already practising going quiet again for a while, before the big buzz of the album release... and of course you have a point that he might be filming for The Piano during that time... so whenever we wonder where he is, it might be the UK, not being allowed to share his location. :dunno_grin: :rolleyes:

Andy and the girls were somewhere in a forest / mountain area the other day, but no idea where that was... and I suppose Mika wasn't with them, so it's no hint. 😅 He's probably working on something, somewhere. :wait: :teehee:

Yes, I guess he's busy and he never denies that he has projects so let's wait :dunno:

1 hour ago, mellody said:

Andy and the girls were somewhere in a forest / mountain area the other day, but no idea where that was... and I suppose Mika wasn't with them, so it's no hint. 😅 

I mean, we don't know that he wasn't... 🤔 but no, I agree he's most likely working on something. Maybe working on the script for his French Christmas show? :lustslow: :newyear:

• Like 3

16 hours ago, KAMI_83 said:

Yes, I guess he's busy and he never denies that he has projects so let's wait :dunno:

Yes, you know, I was thinking about this when I was working on the yearbook and looking at the timeline. When you stop to think about all the components that go into planning a tour -- the set design, the costumes, music arrangements, rehearsals, not sure what else -- all of that must take up a huge amount of time before he even sets foot on stage. Then there's everything related to the album(s), even after it's "delivered" --  promo/interviews, photo shoots, album artwork... And on top of that are all the other projects he's working on that we don't see or know about yet -- like the private gigs, the upcoming Christmas special, prep for various TV shows, and other things that pop up randomly like the Choeurs des Melees and A Roof for Silence ... I wonder when he has time to sleep! :eek:

All that to say I'm not surprised he sometimes hides from us for days at a time! I'm worn out just listing everything. :sleep:

• Like 15

Yes, without a doubt Mika has a lot to do with his new projects and it will be wonderful when we know what it will be.

I just hope he is sleeping well. :bed:

• Like 6

10 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Yes, you know, I was thinking about this when I was working on the yearbook and looking at the timeline. When you stop to think about all the components that go into planning a tour -- the set design, the costumes, music arrangements, rehearsals, not sure what else -- all of that must take up a huge amount of time before he even sets foot on stage. Then there's everything related to the album(s), even after it's "delivered" --  promo/interviews, photo shoots, album artwork... And on top of that are all the other projects he's working on that we don't see or know about yet -- like the private gigs, the upcoming Christmas special, prep for various TV shows, and other things that pop up randomly like the Choeurs des Melees and A Roof for Silence ... I wonder when he has time to sleep! :eek:

All that to say I'm not surprised he sometimes hides from us for days at a time! I'm worn out just listing everything. :sleep:

That is true, however I'd still love to know more also about these behind the scenes activities. Not (just) a summary at some point in the future, but some teasers about whatever he's working on. Or at least *something*. Of course I know it might be difficult for him to not give away too much info, or also some things he's working on might never actually come to life, it probably is a lot of trial and error (at least for me being creative is like that). But, I don't know, he could just share some random thoughts, a song he enjoys listening to at the moment, or anything else that says "hey, I'm thinking of you guys". :dunno_grin: Of course we'll always be thinking more of him than he's thinking of us, but well... long story short, I miss him. :huglove: It's not even about super interesting content (I still have to catch up on all the French interviews), but just about a "Hi". Or "Yo" (we haven't heard a Yo from him for a while, it's time again, lol! :lol3:).

• Like 2