23-24 October 2021: Mika @ Philharmonie de Paris - ticket talk

Mikasister

17 minutes ago, carafon said:

From a commercial point of view it's quite logical too

In a way it's true, what's annoying is that they don't say it clear anywhere... they should have specify on their website that you can't get tickets for multiple sessions of the same event using the same subscription without adding a different one . Or maybe they say it and I can't find it :dunno:  People have to call, email, or tweet to them in order to find more info, and even so we still get some contradictory answers.

About the distance rules, I'm curios too, it would be almost impossible to check that.

Edited by krysady
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, krysady said:

In a way it's true, what's annoying is that they don't say it clear anywhere... they should have specify on their website that you can't get tickets for multiple sessions of the same event using the same subscription without adding a different one . Or maybe they say it and I can't find it :dunno:  People have to call, email, or tweet to them in order to find more info, and even so we still get some contradictory answers.

I suppose they are not used to this kind of situation :naughty:

Probably the first time that they have an international pop star .......and in the middle of a pandemic !

They also maybe want to try that everyone could attempt at least one session 

Edited by carafon
  • Like 4

Actually, I emailed them a few days ago asking if we could buy tickets for both concerts using one subscription and they said we can. Apparently, they aren’t sure of anything either so I guess we will find out tomorrow 😅

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, SilviaM said:

Actually, I emailed them a few days ago asking if we could buy tickets for both concerts using one subscription and they said we can. Apparently, they aren’t sure of anything either so I guess we will find out tomorrow 😅

Maybe you can  use 1 subscription but still will have to add 1 other concert if they consider that the 2 Mika sessions are part of the same concert

In général subscriptions are made to help filling the concerts that are less popular.

Don't remember exactly how many , but in my town we have to subscribe more concerts than in Paris , that's for sure.

Edited by carafon
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, carafon said:

Maybe you can  use 1 subscription but still will have to add 1 other concert if they consider that the 2 Mika sessions are prt of the same concert

That would be fine, but if you try now a simulation, you can't do that. There is 2 concerts of the same artist on 2 consecutive days ( just like Mika) on 2 and 3 June. When you try to create the subscription and select the concert from 2 June, the one from the next day disappears from the list, so you can't add that one anymore. 

I tried also to select the one from 2 June, then a different one from 5 June, hopping the one from 3 will appear again, but no. So right now you can't select 2 sessions of the same event plus a different one on the same subscription :dunno:

12 minutes ago, krysady said:

That would be fine, but if you try now a simulation, you can't do that. There is 2 concerts of the same artist on 2 consecutive days ( just like Mika) on 2 and 3 June. When you try to create the subscription and select the concert from 2 June, the one from the next day disappears from the list, so you can't add that one anymore. 

I tried also to select the one from 2 June, then a different one from 5 June, hopping the one from 3 will appear again, but no. So right now you can't select 2 sessions of the same event plus a different one on the same subscription :dunno:

yes I know ..... I've also tried :wink2:

Maybe they changed the rules for the new season

If not , as I said before , as long as the places are limited they maybe want to leave a chance to more people to get at least one place for one session

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, carafon said:

Maybe they changed the rules for the new season

It's possible, but they still could explain that on the site, even on the French page would have been nice :mellow: 

Well, we'll figure out the rules tomorrow, good luck everyone!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, krysady said:

It's possible, but they still could explain that on the site, even on the French page would have been nice :mellow: 

I think that the 2 concerts we checked are on the same day , that may be why ....

5 minutes ago, carafon said:

I think that the 2 concerts we checked are on the same day , that may be why ....

I checked for two consecutive days to be the same as for Mika :wink2:

Screenshot (92).png

13 hours ago, RAK1 said:

If anyone who has got a subscription, can add me in their 4 ticket allocation, for both nights, or a couple of people one icket for each night, I would be incredibly grateful. I can pay straight away.

I will maybe have extra tickets. If it's the case, I will tell on MFC. Can't promise, though (all of that depends on how I make, since there's also my father and all that mess )

Edited by Presci1108
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Presci1108 said:

Personally, I will try tickets Monday. The MFC's are limited, so I want to have the max of chances (and I'm not the luckiest girl in the world :naughty:). As for the 2nd concert, I could simply resell its, or take the cheaper possible. 

It doesn't mean I'm not interested in MFC's presale, though. I will wait to see how it can be better for me.

Can't wait neither. It's certainly the best surprise of the year. 

14 hours ago, mellody said:

From how I understand it now (I could be wrong tho, it's all confusing), the 2+ means it's ok if you just buy tickets for the 2 Mika gigs. While I suppose (tho also that isn't sure yet) that on the MFC presale you'd have to buy each gig individually. And on the presale on Monday you even get a discount on the tickets, so if you want to go to both Mika gigs, maybe that's the better option. I don't know. I will certainly have a look on Monday, that's what you can do in any case, and then decide.

Anyway it seems the info that most tickets will sell out in the presale wasn't true. As they write in their tweet, there'll be an allocation of tickets for the subscription presale on Monday, for the youth subscription presale on the 25th and for the general presale in June. And for us probably also on the MFC presale. So if you don't buy tickets on Monday and miss getting any in the MFC presale, you still have another chance in June (or in the youth presale if you're under 25). 

Thank you both for your suggestions, I’ll try tomorrow then! 

6 hours ago, carafon said:

From a commercial point of view it's quite logical too ......:wink2:

Tbh what confuse me more is the "distanciation" rules

They said to someone that only people from a same family would be seated side by side and there will be a place left between 2 groups

I suppose (hope) that they won't be able to check everyone

Even for the Verona Arena the rules were these: family members can sit next to each other. We booked two seats close together but no one checked if we were from the same family: they only checked the tickets and the names.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, SilviaM said:

We hope that the connections are good, without interruptions:what:

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

The word HUNGER has the right meaning here. We are all hungry of seeing Mika on stage again :lol3:

Or for the first time, it will be my first Mika concert!

And then in October we can all show emotional support to eachother IN PERSON. (Yes I am positive, I just assume we will all SEE eachother then!!!)

I will be the socially awkward person in the corner holding two (or more) drinks.

• Haha 5

On 5/15/2021 at 12:56 AM, mellody said:

I just checked the summer concerts to see how the presale works, and on this map I find it interesting how you can see which places they apparently have to keep empty due to distancing restrictions:

Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-15 um 00.44.23.png

The seating map for Mika's gigs is slightly different, there are no seats behind the stage but instead more in front of the stage, but I suppose the principle of leaving space between seats is the same.

I wonder if maybe until October the restrictions can be loosened enough for them to sell the additional seats last minute. That might be a small chance to hope for those who can't plan their journey already now and thus can't buy tickets now. And tho it's nice to have a place where to put the bag :teehee:, it'd be even nicer to sit together with others without having to practice social distancing anymore. Fingers crossed! :crossed: 

Thanks Mellody, it’s very usefull :thumb_yello:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Or for the first time, it will be my first Mika concert!

And then in October we can all show emotional support to eachother IN PERSON. (Yes I am positive, I just assume we will all SEE eachother then!!!)

I will be the socially awkward person in the corner holding two (or more) drinks.

My first as well! 

I'll be the socially awkward person stood nearby, wondering where the bar is.  :blush:  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3