Mika Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, website updates - 2022

Mikasister

The organizer of that festival is a billioaire who spends his money to anti LGBT organisations and is against clima change messures and a lot of people are against  Mika being part of that festival because of that

• Sad 2

31 minutes ago, Sabine64 said:

The organizer of that festival is a billioaire who spends his money to anti LGBT organisations and is against clima change messures and a lot of people are against  Mika being part of that festival because of that

I guess Mika has his reasons for participating there despite of that. :dunno:

I don't think he's taking it lightly. :original:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I´m sure he has his reasons and he is old enough to do what he wants. I won´t take part in the discussions I only told you what I read on Twitter and think he meant this with the " storm " 

• Like 5

It won't be an issue for long, the organiser looks quite old... :teehee:

14 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Agreed. :thumb_yello:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I don't see this as the "storm" he was referring to - he has been booked for Coachella in 2020, so it's not really a surprise that he takes part? :dunno_grin: And he has gotten more active on Twitter again, after being quiet there for a while... we've seen before that it's no problem for him to only post on IG for weeks if he wants to stay away from certain Twitter discussions. :lol:

But who knows what's on his mind, you might as well be right. :dunno_grin:

• Like 3

Look at it this way. 

Option 1- don't perform.

Results:

1 - bigoted organiser potentially loses a fraction of the overall profit. Losing a little money won't make him less bigoted and could strengthen his stance. 

2 - if all LGBT artists bow to the pressure, one of the biggest music festivals could go ahead with zero visible LGBT representation on stage, further diminishing and eroding their position. Not acceptable.

3 - local fans who have waited years to see Mika perform and who might not be able to travel for the tour are left disappointed. 

Not great outcomes really. Alternatively...(and this is just me guessing, Mika could have his own personal reasons for wanting to perform there, which is perfectly fine)

Option 2 - perform.

Results:

1 - one in the eye for the organiser "you might hate us, but we're here anyway, we're not going to disappear."

2 - the world sees the artists taking a stand against homophobia, asserting their rights to perform, hopefully inspiring and comforting those who may be struggling. 

3 - sends the message that whatever another person's views, they don't have the right to stop you from being you. 

4 - reclaims the festival and music for the enjoyment of everybody, not the select few. 

5 - is a great platform for Mika's music, and his message of love, tolerance, empathy and acceptance.

6 - even if the organiser is a bigot, the crowd isn't, and it's a great opportunity for new people to hear Mikas music and message.

7 - raises positive perceptions of and support for the whole LGBT community.

8 - the local fans who have waited for years to see Mika perform are very happy. 

9 - Well... it's Mika. He likes to provoke. He's not going to hide, or disappear, or run away, or turn the other cheek, just because of some different viewpoints. He doesn't bow to pressure. He thinks for himself. Thank goodness. :wub2: 

Basically, just because the organiser is an a**hole, why should the public/the festival/the artists suffer?

Edited by Hero
That was longer than intended. Sorry!
  • Like 13

11 minutes ago, Fenny said:

Coachella festival has, among other things, a Sahara tent .... with a camel?

When did all this camel stuff started?, I'm tired of pretending I understand what you guys are talking about :tears:

• Sad 3

1 minute ago, Lulul said:

When did all this camel stuff started?, I'm tired of pretending I understand what you guys are talking about :tears:

Mika posted a lot about camels last year.

grafik.thumb.png.f9607e0f43f8ea3db85e6af09e765782.png

Scroll through this thread from last year (it starts 24 April with the camels) and you'll understand:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Mika posted a lot about camels last year.

Ah, one of my favourite pics. :wub2:

43 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Scroll through this thread from last year (it starts 24 April with the camels) and you'll understand:

Understand might be optimistic. I don't think even Mika fully understands the camel thing yet! :teehee:

Edited by Hero
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Hero said:

Understand might be optimistic. I don't think even Mika fully understands the camel thing yet! 

Yes, perhaps I am a little too optimistic. :lmfao:

In summary: Mika posts often camels, but we don't really know why and we fantasise why he does it. :lol3:

Edited by Prisca
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Hero said:

Ah, one of my favourite pics. :wub2:

Understand might be optimistic. I don't think even Mika fully understands the camel thing yet! :teehee:

Maybe if the script about the camel exist outside Mika's mind we can read it and we'll have a clue. At the moment I don't think there is a better option than to go with the flow :dunno:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, mellody said:

we've seen before that it's no problem for him to only post on IG for weeks if he wants to stay away from certain Twitter discussions. :lol:

And now he gets hate on IG too :aah:

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, Hero said:

Look at it this way. 

Option 1- don't perform.

Results:

1 - bigoted organiser potentially loses a fraction of the overall profit. Losing a little money won't make him less bigoted and could strengthen his stance. 

2 - if all LGBT artists bow to the pressure, one of the biggest music festivals could go ahead with zero visible LGBT representation on stage, further diminishing and eroding their position. Not acceptable.

3 - local fans who have waited years to see Mika perform and who might not be able to travel for the tour are left disappointed. 

Not great outcomes really. Alternatively...(and this is just me guessing, Mika could have his own personal reasons for wanting to perform there, which is perfectly fine)

Option 2 - perform.

Results:

1 - one in the eye for the organiser "you might hate us, but we're here anyway, we're not going to disappear."

2 - the world sees the artists taking a stand against homophobia, asserting their rights to perform, hopefully inspiring and comforting those who may be struggling. 

3 - sends the message that whatever another person's views, they don't have the right to stop you from being you. 

4 - reclaims the festival and music for the enjoyment of everybody, not the select few. 

5 - is a great platform for Mika's music, and his message of love, tolerance, empathy and acceptance.

6 - even if the organiser is a bigot, the crowd isn't, and it's a great opportunity for new people to hear Mikas music and message.

7 - raises positive perceptions of and support for the whole LGBT community.

8 - the local fans who have waited for years to see Mika perform are very happy. 

9 - Well... it's Mika. He likes to provoke. He's not going to hide, or disappear, or run away, or turn the other cheek, just because of some different viewpoints. He doesn't bow to pressure. He thinks for himself. Thank goodness. :wub2: 

Basically, just because the organiser is an a**hole, why should the public/the festival/the artists suffer?

Agree with you. And just look at the emoticons in his posts about Coachella, 3 rainbows and 2 devils. As @holdingyourdrink says, Poetic resistance. :wink2: His keyboarder used Billy Brown as a song in his IG story about them performing at Coachella, I wonder if they'll play that? :naughty: On his fall 2007 tour, Mika always told the story of how his record label told him the song was not suitable for the US market, and you could see how proud he was to perform it in front of thousands of people everywhere. :wub2:

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, Lulul said:

Maybe if the script about the camel exist outside Mika's mind we can read it and we'll have a clue. At the moment I don't think there is a better option than to go with the flow :dunno:

Oh the script exists. We have proof.:naughty:

204060540_Screenshot(58).thumb.png.fafe266058a1081829dca790f467dc64.png.f7edf79e7db3e1e9067b582492030c00.png

Unfortunately that's all we've seen of it.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, krysady said:

And now he gets hate on IG too :aah:

Ugh, just seen it. :( Ok I guess I'm a bit naive sometimes about what people think is or isn't appropriate. :doh: It makes me sad to see that Mika doesn't just have to put up with the homophobes but also with those who should be on his side but criticize him for doing things in his own way. :emot-sad: So yes, I see now that if he was aware of this issue - and I think so - it's what he might have meant by "storm".

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

4 hours ago, Mikasister said:

Mika IG story

271769901_416888860125173_9199342798480315491_n.jpg

For the people who don't understand the post: hell_raton (Manuelito) was a judge on X Factor Italy together with Mika and he wrote that if he manages to, he will go to see Mika at Coachella. :original:

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, mellody said:

Agree with you. And just look at the emoticons in his posts about Coachella, 3 rainbows and 2 devils. As @holdingyourdrink says, Poetic resistance. :wink2:

So what would his most rainbow setlist look like? I will have a first go:

Icecream
Billy Brown 
Toy Boy
All She Wants
Good Guys
Grace Kelly

(I don’t think he will get more time for more songs, maybe 30 mins max)

• Like 6