Mikasister

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Mika tweet from New York.

Photo by Adam Goodall.

And instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYt8ximstjT/

mikainstagram

West Village, Manhattan NY

And Just Like That...! Quick visit to a beautiful and very cold New York. See you back here for The Rite Of Spring tour at @kingsbklyn on Tuesday 5th April!

📸 @adambgoodall

271772913_314354550459695_677748988464762349_n.jpg

271826003_704989903820702_3886044747438396303_n.jpg

Edited by Mikasister
  • Like 5

18 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

So what would his most rainbow setlist look like? I will have a first go:

Icecream
Billy Brown 
Toy Boy
All She Wants
Good Guys
Grace Kelly

(I don’t think he will get more time for more songs, maybe 30 mins max)

Good list! Maybe add Origin of Love. Zing!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Prisca said:

He probably meant Paloma, but not everyone knows that, so. :thumb_yello:

Didn't he say somewhere that it was about Yasmine?

Anyway, we're getting a bit OT here... please post your setlist suggestions in the Coachella thread: :wink2:

1 minute ago, mellody said:

Didn't he say somewhere that it was about Yasmine?

He said on "Tempo delle donne" that it was about one of his sisters. I interpreted it as Paloma, but you could be right. :dunno_grin:

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

He said on "Tempo delle donne" that it was about one of his sisters. I interpreted it as Paloma, but you could be right. :dunno_grin:

He had talked about it before at some point, I just don't remember where/when. At least I think he said Yasmine that other time he mentioned it, but maybe I also just interpreted it and now think that my interpretation is what he said, lol! :roftl:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

20 minutes ago, mellody said:

He had talked about it before at some point, I just don't remember where/when. At least I think he said Yasmine that other time he mentioned it, but maybe I also just interpreted it and now think that my interpretation is what he said, lol! :roftl:

Maybe you are both wrong and it was about his third sister :biggrin2:

• Haha 7

On 1/14/2022 at 12:31 AM, mellody said:

Ugh, just seen it. :( Ok I guess I'm a bit naive sometimes about what people think is or isn't appropriate. :doh: It makes me sad to see that Mika doesn't just have to put up with the homophobes but also with those who should be on his side but criticize him for doing things in his own way. :emot-sad: So yes, I see now that if he was aware of this issue - and I think so - it's what he might have meant by "storm".

exactly what I think he meant. The same discussion started last year before it got cancelled so he knew about it

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Sabine64 said:

exactly what I think he meant. The same discussion started last year before it got cancelled so he knew about it

I hadn't seen it the last time... but I guess I was more busy going to gigs then, while now I spend lots more time on socials. 😅

On 1/14/2022 at 9:51 PM, Prisca said:

Or about Zuleika. I remember one story a few years ago (I am not sure if it was for his birthday) where they were preparing a dinner and Zuleika was dressed in a long dark blue elegant dress. And Mika's comment that it was not a good idea to wear it in the kitchen

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Or about Zuleika. I remember one story a few years ago (I am not sure if it was for his birthday) where they were preparing a dinner and Zuleika was dressed in a long dark blue elegant dress. And Mika's comment that it was not a good idea to wear it in the kitchen

I'm not sure who he was referring to. :dunno_grin:

But when Mika posts something on Instagram with Paloma, it's often in the kitchen. And the lines "When that song comes on
She don't know the words but she still sings along"". I remember an interview (or more, not sure) that Mika said that Paloma can never remember the lyrics. And I don't know how good this "best dress" looks like, because it just says in the song that she's not someone who styles herself like other girls. And Zuleika's dressed looked like a dress that other girls would wear (maybe not necessarly in the kitchen). I know it's all interpretation. :original:

And sorry for the :ot:.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

I'm not sure who he was referring to. :dunno_grin:

But when Mika posts something on Instagram with Paloma, it's often in the kitchen. And the lines "When that song comes on
She don't know the words but she still sings along"". I remember an interview (or more, not sure) that Mika said that Paloma can never remember the lyrics. And I don't know how good this "best dress" looks like, because it just says in the song that she's not someone who styles herself like other girls. And Zuleika's dressed looked like a dress that other girls would wear (maybe not necessarly in the kitchen). I know it's all interpretation. :original:

And sorry for the :ot:.

You can discuss about it here:

:wink2:

• Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 12:53 AM, holdingyourdrink said:

So what would his most rainbow setlist look like? I will have a first go:

Icecream
Billy Brown 
Toy Boy
All She Wants
Good Guys
Grace Kelly

(I don’t think he will get more time for more songs, maybe 30 mins max)

Oh my, I'd love it if he ever performed All She Wants live! It's one of my favorites and great for dancing along on a concert  (even if I definitely won't be going on one this year, lol). 

Although I don't think it's too probable that he'll perform it, I don't think he ever performed that song live so far? 

16 hours ago, Nadiaa said:

Oh my, I'd love it if he ever performed All She Wants live! It's one of my favorites and great for dancing along on a concert  (even if I definitely won't be going on one this year, lol). 

Although I don't think it's too probable that he'll perform it, I don't think he ever performed that song live so far? 

I think this is the only instance he sang All She Wants infront of an audience, I don't even think it's the full song either 🙃

(sorry for going a bit off topic)

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I think this is the only instance he sang All She Wants infront of an audience, I don't even think it's the full song either 🙃

(sorry for going a bit off topic)

Oh yes I'm familiar with that clip and I love it :roftl: it was more like a preview of the song not the full song, but it's still something right? Hopefully he'll decide to perform it in full one day :pray:

Still, thank you for sharing the video! :)

• Like 1