Mika as a judge for "The Piano", Channel 4 UK, 2023

Kumazzz

I was totally blown away by Lucy's performance in the final. (And piano is not my thing, nor classical music) but she created pure magic :cloud:

I love watching Mika's coaching too :wub2:and I got mad that his songs were cut :blowup:but thankfully they are in the full concert and he is wonderful :cloud:It's crazy that he can make his "classic songs" sound new everytime with all the passion he puts in them each  time :wub2: 

I was playing Indeed pride concert this morning on TV for the little boys I look after and they were totally fascinated :wub2: one of them has grown to be a huge Mika fan and he points my tatoo and says Mika. He loves Origin of love, Happy Ending, Big Girl (you are beautiful), Ice Cream, Elle me dit, YoYo, Love Today, Feels like Fire, Tiny Love ( so far :naughty:

• Like 8

These comments are lovely. I've seen similar under a few youtube videos too. It's nice to see how impactful the show has been to such a huge audience, and even international viewers too.

Lucy's story was recently in Greek media too!

We could be here a while if we share all the comments though 😅

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

These comments are lovely. I've seen similar under a few youtube videos too. It's nice to see how impactful the show has been to such a huge audience, and even international viewers too.

Lucy's story was recently in Greek media too!

We could be here a while if we share all the comments though 😅

Yes, I got carried away! 😃 I also repeated a screenshot. The FB page is for BBC YorkshireScreenshot_20230317-212908_Facebook.thumb.jpg.6b20772e8a36b13d31c6e1eec0a0e621.jpg

Found the link:

https://www.facebook.com/BBCYorkshire/photos/a.458321459625/10160971048079626/

Edited by SusanT
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

:mika2: Is it #ThePiano effect ?

Top Pop Songs Charts

via iTunes Store UK

on 16-03-2023

https://itopchart.com/gb/en/top-songs/pop/

• No.23 - Grace Kelly
  • No.38 - Happy Ending

2023-03-16_itunes_GraceKelly_HappyEnding.thumb.jpg.3a2c640e890aff526d1523b37678c900.jpg

2023-03-16_itunes.thumb.jpg.c8d5bf0b6b580fb915bc7d7076fdced2.jpg

UPDATE !!!:mika3:

Top Pop Album Charts

via iTunes Store UK

on 17-03-2023

https://itopchart.com/gb/en/music-album-charts/pop/

No. 3

MIKA

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝑰𝒏 𝑪𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒐𝒐𝒏 𝑴𝒐𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏

FrbclCQaAAAu8vM.thumb.jpg.32dfcf641532cd6037a577008688f60e.jpg

2023-03-17_itunes.thumb.jpg.ef91f803399193e7356718aff4ae76b4.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SusanT said:

Screenshot_20230317-212244_Facebook.thumb.jpg.f33d4e5847422fbcdc74cd27ba744538.jpgScreenshot_20230317-212212_Facebook.thumb.jpg.962b34f8f7a99c2ee1a524c7d4f37979.jpg

Screenshot_20230317-212212_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230317-212058_Facebook.jpg

This is my favorite comment about Mika and Lang Lang read on FB:

"Loved every sec.Thank you Mika & Lang lang for wonderful programme.
Your kindness and caring nature towards all the pianists was so touching."
  • Like 3

I hope viewers appreciated how perceptive and empathetic Mika was when he was advising Sean, Danny and Jay on getting the best out of their respective performances.

• Like 6

Tweets by @Channel4

Mika coaching Jay

Sean from Scotland

Danny at Birmingham station.

Jay plays "A Heart That's Cold"

Sean plays "Meet Machine"

Claudia in tears, watching Danny on the final stage.

Danny on the final stage.

The final.

Claudia, lang Lang and Mika on stage.

Lang Lang and his wife Gina Alice play the piano at London's St Pancras station.

Mika performing Grace Kelly at the final

YouTube @Channel4

Short videos

This talented musician changed his life for music #ThePiano #shorts

(Jay )

Everyone needs a Harry in their life

( Harry )

Finding a comforting friends in the piano.

( Liam )

Mika and Lang Lang were seriously impressed by the amateur pianist.

( Sean )

Lang Lang's amazing StPancras piano performance.

Lang Lang wows with incredible piano performance

Mika performed Grace Kelly at #ThePiano finale!

• Like 1

YouTube @Channel4

COMING SOON

Turning Your Back On Your Past To Focus On Music

Talented Jay gave up his past life of partying on the Isle of Wight for music.

The super-talented musician wowed Mika, Lang Lang, Claudia and an audience at London’s Kings Cross St Pancras station where he performed his self-written song, 'Fire.'

Finding Yourself Through Learning A New Skill

Sean struggled to make sense of the world around him before learning to play the piano.

He found connecting with others more challenging due to his Autistic Spectrum Disorder.

Sean says learning to play the piano was a ‘bingo’ moment in helping him understand himself and the world around him.

The Man Who Built A Moving Piano

Liam had building his own portable piano on a to-do list for a long time, and finally, the day came to make a start on his project.

He stunned Mika, Lang Lang and rail users in Leeds with a stunning performance of a Chopin track.

Lang Lang Performs To Celebrate Final Episode Of The Piano

Lang Lang’s Incredible Piano Performance Draws HUGE Crowd

Mika’s Amazing Performance At The Piano Finale

Mika performed Grace Kelly at the finale concert of The Piano, held at the Royal Festival Hall in London.

The incredibly talented star has the audience in applause at the end of his performance.

• Like 2

I’ve just finished watching all the 5 episodes(sorry 6!). Thank you very much for everything, everyone here… as always.

I enjoyed very much, but I really cried a lot! I needed lots of tissues, like Mika had said. lol I think every performers were really great including some people who didn’t get the opportunity to play at the Royal Festival Hall. But yes, especially Lucy’s piano playing touched my heart.

Mika and Lang Lang were a really good combination! It’s always Mika who talks a lot (too much? lol) but Lang Lang also talked a lot which made me smile.

It was really great that I was able to see him being a mentor speaking in English only… He is so talented!!! I fell in love with him again, and miss him so much. I can’t wait to see him again in May in Japan.
sorry for this long post.

Edited by Yuko_lyrubi
  • Like 7

What an amazing series this has been and a spectacular concert to finish it off. The performers all played beautifully and Mika was as charming as ever. I definitely thought Lucy was a worthy winner, and she is proof that you can do anything you want in life no matter what challenges you face. :original:

I have to say though I will miss seeing Mika on my TV on a Wednesday night.

• Like 5

The first post list is updated !

Channel 4 https://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-piano

Episode 1 in London

Channel 4 https://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-piano/on-demand/70963-001

Episode 2 in Leeds

Channel 4 https://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-piano/on-demand/70963-002

Episode 3 in Glasgow

Channel 4 https://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-piano/on-demand/70963-003

Episode 4 in Birmingham

Channel 4 https://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-piano/on-demand/70963-004

Episode 5 : Final at the Royal Festival Hall

Channel 4 https://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-piano/on-demand/70963-005

Episode 6 : The Concert

Channel 4 https://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-piano/on-demand/70963-006

Grace Kelly from Episode 6

YouTube @Channel4

Lucy - Live at the Royal Festival Hall on Channel 4's Finale of "The Piano"

• Like 1

Here is the VIDEO file with English-subtitles :uk: DOWNLOAD links.

DOWNLOAD password - MFC

1. Episode - 1 ( London ) https://firestorage.com/download/dfbe13929a67408e6f622124b6d390b03d17625b
  2. Episode - 2 ( Leeds ) https://firestorage.com/download/33ca183a2c5874015f63d595cebb54ae6c271230
  3. Episode - 3 ( Glasgow ) https://firestorage.com/download/7e107f2bd239c5de14f5cb2f8bdaf60faa6bad5d
  4. Episode - 4 ( Birmingham ) https://firestorage.com/download/c5e7bd7d9599e791c849a2fb185008a2fc7a82c3

firestorage_com.thumb.jpg.75307a71639862679d31a48e3e98d35c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/8/2023 at 4:23 AM, Kumazzz said:

Here is NEW YouTube uploader !

The Piano S01E01

The Piano S01E02

The Piano S01E03

YouTube user @UKTVLandSIX uploaded all of episodes. :thumb_yello:

The Piano S01E01

The Piano S01E02

The Piano S01E03

The Piano S01E04

The Piano S01E05

The Piano S01E06

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

:france:

Petits Frères des Pauvres

https://positivr.fr/video-aveugle-et-autiste-lucy-13-ans-est-une-prodige-du-piano-ecoutez/

Publié le 20 mars 2023 |Mis à jour le 17 mars 2023

VIDÉO. Aveugle et autiste, Lucy, 13 ans, est une prodige du piano. Écoutez.

Repérée par l’émission The Piano, Lucy a joué à la perfection. Aveugle et autiste, son interprétation a ému de nombreux spectateurs.

Lors de la diffusion de l’émission britannique The Piano, une jeune fille de 13 ans aveugle et autiste a ému les spectateurs en jouant de son instrument à la perfection. En raison de son immense talent, elle a remporté l’émission.

Lucy, 13 ans, est une jeune fille aveugle qui a fait sensation en participant à une émission de musique britannique. L’adolescente est née avec des tumeurs cancéreuses aux yeux qui lui ont fait perdre la vue. Atteinte d’autisme, elle ne parle presque pas et a également des troubles de l’apprentissage. Cependant, rien de tout cela ne l’empêche de jouer du piano, bien au contraire. 

Lucy a un vrai don pour la musique et, pour cette raison, sa mère a décidé de l’inscrire à l’émission The Piano. Diffusé sur la chaîne britannique Channel 4, ce programme invite les pianistes amateurs à montrer leur talent en jouant sur des pianos dans des gares. Les participants ne se doutent pas qu’en coulisse, deux juges les écoutent. Un candidat est présenté par épisode et il y a quelques jours, le passage de Lucy a été diffusé.

Une interprétation au piano très émouvante

La jeune fille a joué le Nocturne, opus 9, numéro 1 de Chopin et a provoqué l’admiration des juges. Les passants et les passantes de la gare se sont également arrêtées pour écouter et de nombreuses personnes ont été émues aux larmes.

Le jury, composé du chanteur Mika et du pianiste chinois Lang Lang, a décidé de sélectionner Lucy parmi les finalistes.

Un don pour le piano

Au total, cinq candidats ont été choisis. Lors de la grande finale, les pianistes ont pu jouer au Royal Festival Hall de Londres, l’une des plus belles salles du monde. Lucy a pu interpréter un morceau au piano en direct et devant un public. À la fin de la cérémonie, la jeune fille a remporté la compétition.

“Nous voulions voir si quelque chose d’extraordinaire allait se produire…, quelque chose que personne n’oublierait, personne sur cette scène mais aussi dans le public. Et c’est arrivé”, a confié Mika à la BBC.

Lucy a un immense talent pour le piano, qu’elle a développé grâce à The Amber Trust, un organisme de bienfaisance musical. Lucy possède un vrai don pour la musique car quand elle était petite, ses parents ont remarqué qu’elle arrivait à composer des mélodies dans sa tête. Elle est également capable de jouer un morceau après l’avoir écouté une seule fois. Depuis l’âge de 3 ans, Lucy travaille avec son professeur Daniel qui la soutient depuis maintenant dix ans.

“J’ai rencontré Lucy pour la première fois dans une piscine à balles à l’école. Je ne voyais personne dans la pièce au début, et puis j’ai vu cette petite main sortir de la piscine à balles. Ensuite, je l’ai vu jouer du piano et je me suis dit : “Voilà une fille pour qui la musique est vraiment importante.” Cela pourrait être un moyen de libérer son langage, ses compétences sociales et surtout, sa joie de vivre. Elle adore improviser, elle adore jouer du jazz et l’interaction sociale qui en découle”, a confié Daniel au Daily Mail.

Au départ, Daniel ne savait pas comment s’y prendre pour donner des cours de piano à Lucy. Les premiers temps, elle ne pouvait pas écouter un morceau pendant plus de 10 secondes avant de s’impatienter. Après plusieurs années, Lucy a fait des progrès et Daniel lui sert simplement de guide, puisqu’elle pose ses mains sur les siennes pour voir comment il joue. Parfois, son professeur l’aide à garder son calme et à stabiliser sa tête pour qu’elle reste concentrée sur ses doigts. Aujourd’hui, Lucy joue à la perfection et est toujours soutenue par son professeur, très fier d’elle.

• Like 2

BBC

NewsRound

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/64974380

17 March 2023

Visually impaired teen wins TV piano competition

A 13-year-old blind pianist has been crowned the winner of a series which was on the hunt to discover some of Britain's most talented pianists.

Lucy, from West Yorkshire, was awarded performance of the night during the final of The Piano.

Singer-songwriter Mika and Chinese pianist Lang Lang who were the judges on the show announced Lucy as the winner.

"It was about just highlighting if something extraordinary was to happen - something that no one would forget, no one on this stage but also no one in the audience.

"And that happened," singer Mika said.

All four of the competition's grand finalists, which included 25-year-old Jay from the Isle of Wight, 27-year-old Sean from Edinburgh, and 26-year-old Danny from Manchester, were discovered while playing on public pianos in some of the UK's busiest train stations.

Lucy, who is also autistic and has learning disabilities, showcased her incredible talent at Leeds train station, wowing people passing by.

The teenager developed her skills through a musical charity called The Amber Trust. She's been working with her music teacher Daniel since she was just three-years-old and he has supported her throughout the competition.

During the grand final, the pianists took to the stage at London's Royal Festival Hall to perform for a live audience.

"I am beyond proud of my little girl, beyond proud." Lucy's mother Candice said following her daughter's win.

BBC_Lucy_.thumb.jpg.fac7e814448f925e76f16d1c203f7891.jpg

Lucy wowed the judges to make it to the final of The Piano

BBC_Lucy.thumb.jpg.59de6354a4d26f2f4bf9a02fe913bcf8.jpg

Lucy has been working with her music teacher Daniel since she was just three-years-old

BBC.thumb.jpg.55307fe995648a1ae29a6dbc06019818.jpg

The Piano finalists with judges Mika and Lang Lang, and host Claudia Winkleman

• Like 2

Currently, it is unknown about Mika's appearance in this TV program.

The Sun

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/21817187/channel-4-reality-show-winner-lands-own-tv-show/

• Published: 20:00, 23 Mar 2023

SMALL SCREEN STAR

C4 reality show winner, 13, who captured nation’s hearts lands own TV spin-off

THE ivory-tinkling teenager who blew viewers away to win Channel 4 talent contest The Piano is to get her own spin-off show.

Thirteen-year-old Lucy, who is blind and neurodiverse, first dazzled in the auditions section when she performed at Leeds Railway Station.

With host Claudia Winkleman and judges Mika and Lang Lang looking on, her rendition of Chopin’s Nocturne in B-flat Minor left passers-by in tears.

She went on to win the contest final last week when she delivered another faultless classic at London’s Royal Festival Hall.

Now Lucy will take centre stage in a 60-minute documentary, which has yet to start filming but is likely to air later this year.

A TV insider said: “Seeing Lucy in the competition naturally made millions of viewers curious about how she had managed to nurture her talent.

“Her story is incredible and deserves to be shared with the wider world, not least because she could inspire other people, as well as their loved ones who may be in a similar situation.”

The documentary, which will also air on Channel 4 and be made by The Piano creators Love Productions, will provide a revealing insight into Lucy’s home life.

Incredible skill

It will also look at her decade of work with her music teacher Daniel, who helped her develop her incredible skill from the age of two.

Her progress came despite the fact she has suffered cancerous tumours of the eyes and has to have her hands placed on the keys before she can play.

I think it’s fair to say Lucy really deserves this.

• Like 3