Mika as a judge for "The Piano", Channel 4 UK, 2023

Kumazzz

A woman at work who knows I follow Mika just sought me out to tell me how much she enjoyed watching the final last night, it was so touching and emotional, she was blown away by Lucy, she doesn't normally listen to piano but that was wonderful. 

:wub2:

• Like 8

Just watching now 

Running commentary as I watch 

- I feel like Mika Sees himself in Jay 

- Mika looks so excited as he trains to them

- I like Lang Lang and Lucy 

Everyone's so good and this is before the show Its so interesting to see how they progress 

Jay's great I don't like his style of singing but I can't tell he's good 

Lucy's made me cry 

Seans great too 

Danny is great I like his song too 

Its so good to see how these come and they've done well 

Only two negatives i have I would. Have liked a more variety in age plus I don't like that they are given a performance of the night makes it more a competition maybe that's just me 

I've loved the show tho 

I've enjoyed this show much more then I thought I would 

I love that the boys are working together on projects 

I hope this brings Mika back to the UK I haven't seen much negativity towards him so hopefully he'll come back TV and music 

Edited by BeccaStardust
  • Like 5

Adding as I watch the full concert(only really for Mika as I don't want to watch the whole thing later esp with ads) 

I like mikas little explanation of GK is cool also might be the first time im listing more to how he plays more then him singing 

Lastly I really like Mika and Lang Lang together I hope they work together in the future they seem to have got on well 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, krysady said:

I can't open the Bilivideo links :sad:

For those waiting/wondering, I've had some technical issues. The full concert is uploading now and I should have the link for that soon.

The Episode 5 still has some problems. For some reason, the audio went haywire for a few minutes and I'm trying to fix that before I upload. If I can't fix it or redo it, I'll upload as is and you'll just have to bear with the static for several minutes. Sorry!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

For those waiting/wondering, I've had some technical issues. The full concert is uploading now and I should have the link for that soon.

The Episode 5 still has some problems. For some reason, the audio went haywire for a few minutes and I'm trying to fix that before I upload. If I can't fix it or redo it, I'll upload as is and you'll just have to bear with the static for several minutes. Sorry!

Thank you Deb.

Sorry to hear about the technical issues.

I propose to download the files Eriko posted here and to upload them on YouTube. The files have subtitles. And I can see there is is little gap between the image and sound. But it should be easy to correct. Files are 700 mb and 900 mb

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 1

Awwwww I loved the final episode of The Piano! Seeing the nervous guys, while we were sitting at the theater, waiting to see their performances, was very exciting. They were all wonderful, but Lucy was so amazing and I’m glad she won the piano! Finally she has her own piano. I really like this format and I hope for a second season. Mika, Lang Lang and Claudia are perfect for this program and I would love to see them together again and also Mika, Lang Lang, Ida, Max and the choir... Their performance was incredible! Thanks again to Mika and the MFC for this amazing opportunity!! :wub2:

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Thank you Deb.

Sorry to hear about the technical issues.

I propose to download the files Eriko posted here and to upload them on YouTube. The files have subtitles. And I can see there is is little gap between the image and sound. But it should be easy to correct. Files are 700 mb and 900 mb

Well, I already have the files and have been working on them.

Here is Episode 5.

Turns out the final concert episode had some issues, too, but it's uploading now as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8

1 minute ago, dcdeb said:

Here is Episode 5.

Turns out the final concert episode had some issues, too, but it's uploading now as well.

Thank you so much Deb!

:cloud:

• Like 1

Finally got round to watching the concert episode and it is really wonderful! 

I know Lucy has this unbelievable talent and her performance was emotional, however I found myself feeling more emotional when Danny was singing. He said how if he could go back in time he would play it to his younger self, I can relate to his song and would have loved a message of hope like that back in my late teens too...

Jay and Sean's friendship is so wholesome! I'm glad they're helping each other out, I loved both of them! The music that Sean produces kind of has this vibrancy to it, it's unashamedly him in music form, I found myself holding my breath when he played!

I know a second series is unlikely but I really hope something else might come out of the success of The Piano. The format is brilliant and Claudia, Mika and Lang Lang all just click together perfectly. 

The Piano really showed that music is a type of magic that you listen to.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

The Piano really showed that music is a type of magic that you listen to.

THIS!!!! I truly believe Mika, Lang Lang and Claudia brought the magical side of music back to TV, in all its rawness. It’s so authentic.

Also: the performance of Lucy live was much more powerful than could be seen on TV. All of them poured their hearts out, but I think Lucy’s performance hit differently, for me anyways. This difference wasn’t so visible yesterday what was shown on TV. 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

THIS!!!! I truly believe Mika, Lang Lang and Claudia brought the magical side of music back to TV, in all its rawness. It’s so authentic.

Also: the performance of Lucy live was much more powerful than could be seen on TV. All of them poured their hearts out, but I think Lucy’s performance hit differently, for me anyways. This difference wasn’t so visible yesterday what was shown on TV. 

I realize that for those present at the Royal Festival Hall the performances on TV might not have seemed so impactful. Still, for me watching the video this afternoon at home it was an emotional moment. 

• Like 5

I watched the IG story Mika shared to promote the concert and took this screenshot, you're welcome... :naughty:

20230316_221454.thumb.png.dc647fdad5644c79f37318936d6ccea8.png

But if anyone can get this screenshot for me without the text I will be very grateful! 🙏 

20230316_221509.thumb.png.86f27c39863429962c4fc121cc12e83d.png

• Haha 3

Thanks a million for sharing @dcdeb :flowers2:

Here is the DOWNLOAD links.

4 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Here is Episode 5.

Episode 5 : Final at the Royal Festival Hall

Channel 4 https://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-piano/on-demand/70963-005

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

Finally!

The full concert. In HD, even.

Episode 6 : The Concert

Channel 4 https://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-piano/on-demand/70963-006

• Like 4

Grace Kelly

Channel 4 YouTube

Mika’s Amazing Performance At The Piano Finale | The Piano | Channel 4

Mika performed Grace Kelly at the finale concert of The Piano, held at the Royal Festival Hall in London.

The incredibly talented star has the audience in applause at the end of his performance.

Hosted by Claudia Winkleman, #ThePiano sets out to find the best amateur pianists from across the UK.

Performing on public pianos across iconic venues such as London St Pancras, Glasgow, Leeds and Birmingham train stations, while sharing their beautiful stories and music with the British public.

INSTAGRAM

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cp2-0wYoTjn/

Twitter

Channel 4 @Channel4

Mika performed Grace Kelly at #ThePiano finale! What an amazing performance @mikasounds. Watch the series in full on All 4.

mikainstagram story

Edited by Kumazzz
update
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Herald (Scotland)

16th March 2023

theherald.thumb.jpg.a6689c4ea7f1c598b4a67b22f96aab52.jpg

WEB https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/23389400.piano-finale-number-dry-eyes-house-zero/

Pressreader https://pressreader.com/article/281586654829464

Everyone’s a winner as the fab four play piano and win hearts

The Piano: The Final

Channel 4 and catch-up on All4 Alison Rowat

HOW do you get from Glasgow Central Station to the Royal Festival Hall? Practice.

The old Carnegie Hall gag came to mind as Channel 4’s The Piano, described by one fan as “the most uplifting TV talent show ever”, reached its finale.

Made by Love Productions, the firm behind The Great British Bake Off, the series invited amateur players of all ages to perform on “street pianos” in Glasgow Central, London St Pancras, Leeds, and Birmingham stations.

Unknown to them, the performances were being judged by world-renowned classical pianist Lang Lang and platinum-selling pop star Mika.

The winners of the four heats, including Sean Logan, 27, from Edinburgh, were chosen to perform at the Royal Festival Hall in London before a sold-out audience of 2,000-plus.

Reality hit as host Claudia Winkleman led the four through the artists’ entrance of the Southbank Centre venue.

Each had a story to tell about why the piano meant so much. Sean was diagnosed as neurodivergent at the age of four.

For him, the piano was a way of “expressing my internal world”. Selftaught, his style was described as “brilliant anarchy” by Mika.

Lucy, 13, from West Yorkshire is neurodivergent and blind. She had played Chopin in the Leeds heat and chose Debussy for the final –a harder piece, thought Lang Lang.

Viewers watched Sean, Lucy, Jay (St Pancras winner), and Danny (Birmingham) having mentoring sessions with the judges.

Finally, the big night arrived. First on stage was Jay, 25, a labourer from the Isle of Wight. The piano had been part of his recovery from a rocky teenage spell.

Playing his own song, A Heart That’s Cold, and accompanied by a string quartet, the rapper was nervous initially but grew in confidence with each note.

Lucy was next, accompanied by her teacher, Daniel. Waiting backstage was her mum and the three lads who by now had assumed full big brother status.

As she walked to the piano, Lucy asked for Sean and the others, and her mum. It was her way of reassuring herself, part of a pre-performance ritual. Seated at the piano she was at home, perfectly relaxed. A stirring three minutes later, Lang Lang was leading the audience in a standing ovation.

Number of dry eyes in the house? Zero.

Sean had the hard task of following that. He began with a short speech to the audience. Like Lucy, he said, he was on the autism spectrum. “There’s a lot of people that have our condition. You are able to see us because we are able to make a noise, but there is a lot of us that don’t.”

He got down to business at the piano, playing his own composition, Meat Machine. As at Glasgow Central, he blew the roof off and gave the windows a rattle for good measure. “Masterful,” said Lang Lang.

In what was otherwise a note-perfect programme, someone had the bad idea of seating the judges in the audience. Their remarks to each other, informed as they were, were just as irritating as anyone else’s chatter would have been. A firm “Shush!” was in order but none came.

Danny, 26, from Manchester was the final performer, his song dedicated to the father he had lost to suicide.

Winkleman, on cheerleading duty throughout, announced it was time for the judges to review the performances. “I can’t cry with this much eyeliner on,” she joked as they ran through the highlights. It had been that kind of evening. There was to be no winner or first prize, but the judges chose a performance of the night. The honour went to Lucy.

Reality shows, complete with contestants’ backstories, have become one of television’s cliches. Peter Kay affectionately lampooned the format in his 2008 TV movie, Celebrity Jesus Christ Soapstar Superstar Strictly on Ice.

When it was first announced, The Piano seemed like it could be just another talent show. The X Factor with Beethoven instead of power ballads.

But it soon proved to be something different. There was the soaring level of genuine talent on display, enough to stop commuters in their tracks. Add to this Winkleman’s way of putting people at their ease, and Channel 4 was on its way to a hit, with audiences of close to two million on the night.

The judges have played their part too. If a panellist on Britain’s Got Talent panel says you are brilliant it’s nice, but hardly the first time they’ve doled out the compliment.

If Lang Lang calls you a genius, as he did with Lucy, it matters.

There was one last surprise for the finalists – a piano each, delivered to their homes.

Bravo to Channel 4’s very own fab four.

theherald-p3.thumb.jpg.d698baad293632b09a66a31184649182.jpg

• Like 2

21 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Here is Episode 5.

Thanks a million Deb :flowers2: :hug:

• Like 2