Mika's Social Media & official Website updates - 2023

Mikasister

2 hours ago, Hero said:

Sorry I can't save it, but he's posted an Instagram story, at the Accor Arena in Paris watching Madonna's latest tour. 

https://twitter.com/MikaFanClub/status/1726722449939865984

at the Accor Arena in Paris, waiting for Madonna's opening. 

https://www.madonna.com/tour

Madonna's Celebration Tour

MadonnaTour.jpg.a37fe7cfeea14ebfc3eae869b5d40af2.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, krysady said:

He's not very good at getting good places for gigs :teehee:

His French manager was there too, I assume he got the tickets for both of them, or they got them from the label... :dunno_grin: anyway, the tickets might have been free for Mika, he can't expect them to be for free AND good places, haha!  :lol3:

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, mellody said:

His French manager was there too, I assume he got the tickets for both of them, or they got them from the label... :dunno_grin: anyway, the tickets might have been free for Mika, he can't expect them to be for free AND good places, haha!  :lol3:

You are right, just saw the ticket prices :aah:

23 minutes ago, Hero said:

Be fair. He's usually front and centre. :lol3:

Maybe he's scoping out the view in preparation for his concert. :mf_rosetinted:

Most of the times I saw him seating far from the stage :dunno_grin:... maybe he's considerate towards people behind him who would only see his hair the entire concert :teehee:

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, krysady said:

Most of the times I saw him seating far from the stage :dunno_grin:...

I meant when we see him... :wink2:

36 minutes ago, krysady said:

maybe he's considerate towards people behind him who would only see his hair the entire concert :teehee:

Oh, but what a lovely view! I'd pay for that. :lol3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hero said:
5 hours ago, krysady said:

maybe he's considerate towards people behind him who would only see his hair the entire concert :teehee:

Me too, I would even consider such place a VIP experience :lol3:

But he might choose such places intentionally, you know, to be unnoticed and invisible.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Mika tweet:

And the same on IG & Tiktok

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cz4SUGfojRW/?igshid=ZDE1MWVjZGVmZQ==

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGee8T1Uu/

On Mika's youtube the lyric video for Jane Birkin will be premiered tonight at 18:00:

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Hero said:

I meant when we see him... :wink2:

Sorry :doh:

5 hours ago, Hero said:

46 minutes ago, Vero Bott said:

Me too, I would even consider such place a VIP experience :lol3:

I think we all would happily pay for that :yes:

Edited by krysady
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, mellody said:

And the same on IG & Tiktok

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cz4SUGfojRW/?igshid=ZDE1MWVjZGVmZQ==

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGee8T1Uu/

On Mika's youtube the lyric video for Jane Birkin will be premiered tonight at 18:00:

I have a question about all this social media. Is it really necessary ... every single day? :drunk_sing: Ooops, free associating...  -- no, but really, is it necessary to post the exact same video/photos and text multiple times just because Mika has posted it on Twitter, TikTok, and Instagram... and sometimes Facebook and YouTube, too? I mean, I find it clutters up the thread, and I'm scrolling and scrolling trying to find something new and I see the exact same thing over and over again -- and multiply that when people quote including the videos (as I've done here). Isn't it enough to just post once and then say, he posted it also on the other social media?

I get it, sometimes the videos are slightly different and maybe you want to preserve the differences for posterity. But when they are identical, and the photos and text are too, I think it's just redundant.

But maybe I'm in the minority? Do you all find it useful?

I have two concerns: 1) that it clutters the thread, as I said, making it harder to find new/different posts and 2) storage space -- we do not pay for unlimited storage on this site and TBH we have far exceeded the limit that we do pay for. I'm worried that one day Invision will notice and either start charging us more or shut us off, or both. And every time we upload duplicates of the same video or photos, we're using up storage needlessly.

OK, just my 2p --  call me a worrywart, but hey, that's why they pay me the big bucks. :uhno:

Please lmk what you think. :)

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Ooops, free associating...  -- no, but really, is it necessary to post the exact same video/photos and text multiple times just because Mika has posted it on Twitter, TikTok, and Instagram... and sometimes Facebook and YouTube, too? I mean, I find it clutters up the thread, and I'm scrolling and scrolling trying to find something new and I see the exact same thing over and over again -- and multiply that when people quote including the videos (as I've done here). Isn't it enough to just post once and then say, he posted it also on the other social media?

I agree with you @dcdeb. Honestly, I find the multiples confusing at times because I think it’s something new but is just the same post from a different platform.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

I have a question about all this social media. Is it really necessary ... every single day? :drunk_sing: Ooops, free associating...  -- no, but really, is it necessary to post the exact same video/photos and text multiple times just because Mika has posted it on Twitter, TikTok, and Instagram... and sometimes Facebook and YouTube, too? I mean, I find it clutters up the thread, and I'm scrolling and scrolling trying to find something new and I see the exact same thing over and over again -- and multiply that when people quote including the videos (as I've done here). Isn't it enough to just post once and then say, he posted it also on the other social media?

I get it, sometimes the videos are slightly different and maybe you want to preserve the differences for posterity. But when they are identical, and the photos and text are too, I think it's just redundant.

I have two concerns: 1) that it clutters the thread, as I said, making it harder to find new/different posts and 2) storage space -- we do not pay for unlimited storage on this site and TBH we have far exceeded the limit that we do pay for. I'm worried that one day Invision will notice and either start charging us more or shut us off, or both. And every time we upload duplicates of the same video or photos, we're using up storage needlessly.

OK, just my 2p --  call me a worrywart, but hey, that's why they pay me the big bucks. :uhno:

It can get a bit cumbersome sometimes, wading through all the duplicates. If there are differences, then yes keep them, but if the same, maybe the first posted is the one to keep, and others added as links underneath? 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

I agree. I don't find it so useful when the posts on the various social media are absolutely identical. I think in that case, one video or post here is enough. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

and 2) storage space -- we do not pay for unlimited storage on this site and TBH we have far exceeded the limit that we do pay for. I'm worried that one day Invision will notice and either start charging us more or shut us off, or both. And every time we upload duplicates of the same video or photos, we're using up storage needlessly.

This is concerning. Is this paid for by Mika as part of the ownership? Do you know much storage we have, the cost, and how much extra unlimited might be? 

I'm thinking about all the times the same thing is posted across different threads. Mika posts a quick story wearing in a stripy top and swim shorts, sunglasses, smiling with the dogs. That's 5 different threads right there! Fun, but if it's causing issues, maybe we can find a way to reduce the cross posting? 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Agree with you, it's unnecessary to have multiple posts for the same thing from different social media.

Also if I see someone got to post before me, I delete mine, it's common sense and it's a nonsense to have the exactly same thing posted by different persons :doh:

"but hey, that's why they pay me the big bucks. :uhno:"

:lmfao:

Edited by krysady
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I agree with you, but the reason why I uploaded it is because it hadn't been uploaded before, and if Mika deletes the post for some reason, we'd have lost the video. I always hope someone uploads the IG reels, because I can't download these and they don't have watermarks, like the Tiktok one. And ofc Twitter is easy to embed, without affecting our storage, but I can't download these videos either. So yeah, I agree with you that it'd be enough to have one of his posts copied on here if they're the same, for the rest we can just provide text links (as I did) or ignore them.

As for the attributes threads, it'd be enough to link to the picture without actually uploading it (again). With pictures that works well, just copy the link to it from another thread. With videos you can only use the link to the original post, the forum software doesn't allow to embed the same video in different threads, without uploading it again. :sad: Or at least I haven't found out how. Anyway, it surely makes sense to just link to the original videos on the forum instead of uploading them twice.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Hero said:

It can get a bit cumbersome sometimes, wading through all the duplicates. If there are differences, then yes keep them, but if the same, maybe the first posted is the one to keep, and others added as links underneath? 

That would be my preference.

4 hours ago, Hero said:

This is concerning. Is this paid for by Mika as part of the ownership? Do you know much storage we have, the cost, and how much extra unlimited might be? 

I'm thinking about all the times the same thing is posted across different threads. Mika posts a quick story wearing in a stripy top and swim shorts, sunglasses, smiling with the dogs. That's 5 different threads right there! Fun, but if it's causing issues, maybe we can find a way to reduce the cross posting? 

We, sorry I mean, Mika, pays a monthly fee and that includes hosting our site "in the cloud" and premium (ahem) tech support and storage. As I was just telling Karin, the plan we have isn't even offered anymore, they have a whole new price scale. So I guess the worst-case scenario would be that they tell us we need to upgrade to a more expensive plan. It doesn't look like it would be that much more than what we are currently paying, so hopefully that wouldn't be an issue.

However, if you've uploaded a photo once, you shouldn't upload it again and again.

1 hour ago, mellody said:

I agree with you, but the reason why I uploaded it is because it hadn't been uploaded before, and if Mika deletes the post for some reason, we'd have lost the video. I always hope someone uploads the IG reels, because I can't download these and they don't have watermarks, like the Tiktok one. And ofc Twitter is easy to embed, without affecting our storage, but I can't download these videos either. So yeah, I agree with you that it'd be enough to have one of his posts copied on here if they're the same, for the rest we can just provide text links (as I did) or ignore them.

As for the attributes threads, it'd be enough to link to the picture without actually uploading it (again). With pictures that works well, just copy the link to it from another thread. With videos you can only use the link to the original post, the forum software doesn't allow to embed the same video in different threads, without uploading it again. :sad: Or at least I haven't found out how. Anyway, it surely makes sense to just link to the original videos on the forum instead of uploading them twice.

I wasn't specifically referring to your post, Karin, you just happened to post right before me. I was more referring to all of the other social media posts we have here.

I agree it's nice to have the videos without the water marks, so maybe uploading the IG reels should be the standard, and then we just add something like "(also posted on Twitter, Tiktok, etc.)" :dunno:

I think it's good if we're all just more aware so we aren't posting multiples of the exact same things.

About the videos -- I think you actually can embed the same video in different threads, at least, I think I've done it. But I better double-check on that before I say for sure. I'll look and get back to this.

• Like 5

I agree @dcdeb!

I mean the concept of limited storage space on a website that I use like social media confuses me greatly so I can't comment on that aspect of it.

But it would definitely feel simpler to only have one post with a video / picture.

We could still mention the different captions so for example the person who discovers it first can post it here saying "posted on Tiktok with the caption XY" and then people can just add "also posted on twitter with the caption Z" etc. Does that make sense?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CharlotteL said:

We could still mention the different captions so for example the person who discovers it first can post it here saying "posted on Tiktok with the caption XY" and then people can just add "also posted on twitter with the caption Z" etc. Does that make sense?

I've actually wondered why we don't do that already :dunno:

I agree with @dcdeb one social media post is enough and usually Mika puts a bit more detail into IG posts/reels compared to other sites so I think it's fine to have them as the standard. 

• Like 1

In a similar vein, when someone quotes a post but the copy feature includes the image or video….sometimes repeatedly. In my travels, much of which are “catching up” activities, I end up starting and having to pass the same material over and over. Like, I love me some Mika, but seeing the same smile, adorable as it might be, 6 times in a row in the attributes forum is a lot. 

• Like 1