Sweetie Banana - Song and Lyrics Discussion

On 6/13/2023 at 10:51 PM, mellody said:

I'm wishing the (comparatively) innocent "from my Jimmy to my jaw" back... :facepalm: :lmfao:

Well, the song keeps playing in my head, guess that's a good sign that I'll like it anyway, even if the lyrics seem to be even more explicit than BBB and Ice Cream. :blush:

Well as I have been listening again on repeat a "clean" version would be "pour ces tendres faits" meaning "for those tender/ sweet facts" in case Mika is singing the "s" which is normally not hearable when French people say it...and it would make sense with the rest of the lyrics but why would he sing the "s"...unless it is like with "the heroes" which he used to pronounce "les zèros" in French until he was told at la philarmonie concert that it is pronounced " les hèros" but the "s" is not hearable...

Someone will have to ask Mika if it is an inuendo or not at some point...

:lmfao:

I doubt it but who knows....

I have also looked for other songs by the name of "sweet banana" and I found three African videos with lots of butts in them :doh:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Haha 4

On 6/13/2023 at 11:13 PM, mellody said:

On the other hand, we only know a small part of the lyrics so far... 🙈

I can smell a fruit salad or tutti fruity pie :lmfao:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Haha 4

On 6/14/2023 at 12:12 PM, peroalessandra said:

I Have to be honest, if the lyrics are really those kindly shared (thanks for this 🙂), i am a Little bit confused, they seem te me much more explicit than in other Songs where the irony Is more subtle. I am not very enthusiastic about this kind of music because i prefer irony when subtle and less explicit and also because in his last Songs Mika has used this kind of topic quite often.

Exactly my thoughts, I hoped he won't go lower than Ice Cream :aah:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• mellody changed the title to Sweetie Banana, new song June 2023
4 hours ago, krysady said:

Exactly my thoughts, I hoped he won't go lower than Ice Cream :aah:

Well, in Ice Cream there's lots of fun and irony - also especially in the video! It might be the same for this one, we only know a small part of the lyrics yet - and even those are not sure, lol! Who knows, he might make a song full of innuendos that seem totally clear and in the end of the song he'll reveal that it's about something completely different. :lmfao: He does like to play with different meanings of words. Like the "Ice Cream / I scream" one. We'll see / hear it... hopefully soon! :)

• Like 6

8 hours ago, mellody said:

Who knows, he might make a song full of innuendos that seem totally clear and in the end of the song he'll reveal that it's about something completely different. :lmfao:

That would be the best scenario, something similar to Ma Jeunesse  :original:  Because from the lyrics we have at this point, it sounds quite explicit and silly, tbh, not sure it's the best choice for a single :aah: 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, krysady said:

That would be the best scenario, something similar to Ma Jeunesse  :original:  Because from the lyrics we have at this point, it sounds quite explicit and silly, tbh, not sure it's the best choice for a single :aah: 

As a teen I grew up listening to Serge Gainsbourg, Mylène Farmer, Frankie Vincent, Brassens, Pierre Perret and my dad's naughty jokes which made everyone laugh, so I'm fine with naughty French lyrics. This is more of a tradition for me :wink2:  Besides as fans we care a lot about the lyrics but a lot of people will pay more attention to the bouncy happy tune. Also he is following George Michael's steps as in I want your :chkn: and 🍦or Marvin Gaye in :chkn:y healing :teehee:  and lots of similar songs in English :wink2: even Tomorrow is a sexy song :wub2:

• Like 6

• dcdeb changed the title to Sweetie Banana - Song and Lyrics Discussion
  • 1 month later...

In the chat on the last MFC live @camille* wrote that in Doriand's book it says Sweetie Banana is about all sorts of addictions. Just wondering, could anyone please share the passage of the book about it here?

It could make sense tho, if the term "Sweetie Banana" is supposed to represent an addiction - whether that might be sex, or candy, or whatever else, and he says "bye bye Sweetie Banana", I'm leaving but I know where to find you. So it might be very much playing with double meanings. In some interview he said about the song "it keeps you guessing", so maybe throughout the song you keep thinking "he talks about candy ... ah no, he talks about sex... or candy? or sex?" :naughty: Now that would be fun, because when we heard the lyrics, we all were like "yeah, *food*, surely... NOT! :facepalm:", when instead Mika is like "Ha! Wait for it! :naughty: :mikadas:"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I don't know about you but at the moment it's the song I'm most excited to listen to!! I hope he will release it before the album 🍀🤞 why not this week to celebrate the 1 month before the release of the album !!!🤞🤞🤞

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

So it's not about "fesses" and "bananas" but about an island then? :lmfao: or maybe both. :teehee:

Imagine it's a harmless song about a holiday destination and then he read our comments here. :facepalm: :lmfao: I mean, he could've just said that about "Sweetie Banana" being an expression they use in Vanuatu? :dunno_grin: He probably enjoyed reading our theories. :mf_rosetinted: :naughty:

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, mellody said:

So it's not about "fesses" and "bananas" but about an island then? :lmfao: or maybe both. :teehee:

Imagine it's a harmless song about a holiday destination and then he read our comments here. :facepalm: :lmfao: I mean, he could've just said that about "Sweetie Banana" being an expression they use in Vanuatu? :dunno_grin: He probably enjoyed reading our theories. :mf_rosetinted: :naughty:

I don’t care if it’s about shaking your fesse or your banana (WAIT….), I’m obsessed with the melody. To me it’s a samba and I lose myself in the rhythm. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, mellody said:

I think he turned it down at the "fesses" part on purpose :lmfao:It's not an innocent song :pbjt:

We'll found out on December 1st :thumb_yello:

It will be the first song I plan to listen to :naughty:

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I don’t care if it’s about shaking your fesse or your banana (WAIT….), I’m obsessed with the melody. To me it’s a samba and I lose myself in the rhythm. 

I agree, it sounds so good :cloud: I can't wait to hear it live :wub2: and shake whatever we want to shake :lmfao:We could/should bring bananas to the gigs and shake them too :pbjt: :pbjt::

:pbjt: :pbjt:::pbjt:::pbjt:::pbjt:::pbjt:::pbjt:::pbjt:::pbjt:::pbjt:::pbjt:::pbjt:::pbjt::

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, krysady said:

Knowing Mika, I think this is most likely the case :teehee:

Yeah, I mean our theories don't come from nowhere... :mf_rosetinted: He probably was like "damn, they know me too well! :doh:" :lmfao:

8 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

think he turned it down at the "fesses" part on purpose :lmfao:I

Oh, was it that part? Oops! :lol3:

I still would like to know about this:

On 10/28/2023 at 3:52 PM, mellody said:

In the chat on the last MFC live @camille* wrote that in Doriand's book it says Sweetie Banana is about all sorts of addictions. Just wondering, could anyone please share the passage of the book about it here?

I had hoped Mika's Tiktok video about the song would clear that up, but he really describes the song without saying much about it. 🙈 It'll be up to us to find out and make up theories. :teehee:

• Like 5

On 6/12/2023 at 11:08 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I don't know if it's about any existing song :lol3:

Maybe in the new song first we have "Hello my sweetie banana" and at the end "bye bye my sweetie banana" :lol3:

@carafon  can hear:

"ta peau sur mes lèvres,

un cœur caramel,

dans mes bras glacés???????????????????

Je t'écris mais je dois m'en aller.

Bye bye, sweet banana,

Comme c'est bon, comme comme on se lasse pas.

Bye bye sweet banana, je connais ton adresse.

Good bye, sweet banana, bye bye, sweet banana, b b s b, g b s banananana"

And I hope soon we will hear the clean version  of the song.

Now I understand

Coco sur mes lèvres

Un cœur caramel dans des bras cassés 

Douce et tendre.....?????

And later 

Bye , bye sweetie banana 

Comme c'est bon , comme, comme on se laisse là 

Bye bye sweetie banana , je connais ton adresse

Bye , bye sweetie banana 

Comme c'est bon , comme, comme on se laisse là 

Bye bye sweetie banana

Edited by carafon
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Just looked up Tanna Island. It's stunningly beautiful. Verdant jungle, pristine white sand beaches, blue sea, friendly people, a hidden blue grotto, treehouses, horse riding, swimming, hiking...  I can see the appeal! One of the main attractions is a volcano. I remember he posted about flying over a volcano, I wonder if it was that one? 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, mellody said:

I still would like to know about this:

On 10/28/2023 at 4:52 PM, mellody said:

I suppose the lyrics "coco sur mes levres" are about that, "coco" means cocaine :original:

Edited by krysady
  • Like 1