Hi everyone, my name is Tori!:)

Tori13

Hi! :original: I've been here for a couple of months now but I haven't properly introduced myself. My name is Tori, I'm a Hungarian girl.

Unfortunately in my country Mika isn't widely known (what a shame!) so I haven't discovered his music until Eurovision last year. I've been a huge Eurovision fan for 10+ years but I have to say the best performance I've seen or heard was Mika's medley :lol3: 

I remember lying on my couch, half asleep, when he came on stage and started singing Love Today, I immediately woke up and my jaw dropped. His voice, his moves, his outfits, his charisma left me speechless. I started googling like crazy, who is he and why on earth haven't I heard of him before? I just wish I've known him for much longer!

I spent the next couple of days listening to all of his albums, reading about him and I became a fan quite quickly. No other artist left a deeper impression on me than he did. I love the way he writes about his own life experiences (or inspired by other stories) and he manages to channel his thoughts and feelings in such a beautiful and poetic way to the audience.

My absolute favourites are Origin of Love, Rain, Promiseland, One Foot Boy, No Place In Heaven, Hurts ... and the list goes on :fisch:

It's really nice to be here on the MFC Forum, I love that everyone is so friendly and kind!:cheer:

Edited by Tori13
  • Like 11

Hi Tori, welcome to the MFC! I'm Sara, nice to meet you :biggrin2: Thank you so much for sharing this lovely story, it's always a pleasure to read how other fans discovered Mika and how they fell into the rabbit hole as a consequence :lol: 

I hope that you have a lot of fun here and that you'll get to see Mika very soon! 

See you around :bye:

• Like 3

Hello Tori and welcome to the MFC :welcomeani: Have a lot of fun here. Hope Mika is going to perform in Hungary one day. 

This thread will help you to find your way around the forum:

Enjoy the place and if you have a question feel free to ask. :wink2:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Tori @Tori13

Welcome to the MFC :welcomeani:

I'm Eriko ( she/her ) from Japan, nice to meet you, am happy to read your lovely introducing.

If you want to know everything about Mika, I recommend these threads. :mika3:

Mika Encyclopedia

is very helpful for knowing everything about Mika.

The Looking For Something Thread

If you're looking for something at all MIKA or MFC related, you can come here and ask.

Any pictures, videos, interviews in the News section where it takes too long to search through our many pages, or you're just being lazy, or the search option isn't being too accurate, or you want to talk to a real person...

• Like 2

Hi @Tori13,

Welcome to the MFC! :welcomeani:

I'm Celine from France.

Your story is so cute! :wub2:

Have a lot of fun here! It's always a pleasure to discover new things about Mika. Enjoy! :pbjt:

Hope to see you one day in real life.

Bye! :bye:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sara09 said:

I hope that you have a lot of fun here and that you'll get to see Mika very soon! 

Luckily, I saw him in Tarvisio 4 days ago :lustslow: I don't see a concert happening in Hungary any time soon (no one ever comes here anymore), but I love travelling so I have no problem chasing Mika all over Europe :lol3:

33 minutes ago, Hero said:

Sorry, there's no known cure, but most of us are happy with it. :biggrin2:

Oh don't worry, I don't wanna be cured, like ever :biggrin2:

Thank you for the warm welcome! Hope to see you all at gigs in the future!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Hi and welcome @Tori13 :welcomeani:

I'm CJ from the UK. I'm so glad that more people have discovered Mika through Eurovison, he seems to be getting more widely recognised all over the world and that can only be a good thing!

The Tarvisio gig looked beautiful! I hope you get the chance to see him again soon!

• Like 3

Hi Tori :bye: and :welcomeani:to MFC  :group_hug:

Mika woke you up as a true prince charming he is :mikalove:

What a wonderful way to discover him :wub2:

I fell for him at first sight too when I saw Grace Kelly video in 2007 :swoon:and forever :wub2:

I can relate :thumb_yello:

You have so much to discover and enjoy :wub2:

There is a thread you might enjoy but maybe you have seen it already :wink2:

https://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/30851-mika-rare-video-treasures-for-newbies-and-others/page/10/#comments

I hope the links still work :pray: 

And if you haven't yet you can enjoy lots of videos we subbed with the subs team

Have lots of fun here sharing Mika love with us  :group_hug:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Thanks 2

On 7/27/2023 at 12:51 PM, Kumazzz said:

Mika Encyclopedia

is very helpful for knowing everything about Mika.

On 7/27/2023 at 2:19 PM, crazyaboutmika said:

There is a thread you might enjoy but maybe you have seen it already :wink2:

https://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/30851-mika-rare-video-treasures-for-newbies-and-others/page/10/#comments

I finally had the time to check out these threads and WOW it's really an impressive collection you have here:yikes:

Thank you for the suggestionts, now I know what I'll do in my free time :lol3:

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...