Mika announces the Apocalypse Calypso Tour 2024!

mellody

43 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

So the news from the radio Maritima interview is that at Apocalypse Calypso Tour there will be an additional small stage in the back of the audience. And no catwalk between.

Which means that Mika will walk through the crowd to get there. And he was saying this with a big smile on his face (well, I heard it rather, it was an audio) 😁

I've moved your post here from tour rumours. :wink2:

He might still change a lot of things until next year, but yeah, I can well imagine him doing this, at least for the big arenas. It gives him more time in the back of the audience if there's a stage, and it's better for the people in the front as well, because then they can see him. When he's in the crowd, like he was this year a few times when the 2nd piano stood at the back, it's not possible. Unless everyone sits down like in Tarvisio, but we all know how unlikely that is to happen at a regular gig. :dunno_grin:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2sF8mzK04B/

Gagnez vos places pour voir @mikainstagram en concert avec @riffx_fr by @creditmutuel 
Tentez d'assister à l’une des dates de la tournée Apocalypse Calypso Tour dès maintenant en jouant sur riffx.fr/concours (Lien en story a la une de @riffx_fr) 📲 #MIKA #ApocalypseCalypso #concours

insta-save.net_InstagramPost_riffx_fr_3291031582762814977.jpeg

• Like 2

Hello everyone! It's been a while. I don't know what happened but my account was locked and it took me DAYS to be able to reset my password but heure I am just to Say that I Can't wait for The tour ! Less than a month now

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Concert au top. Jai adoré.   Chanteur exceptionnel avec un spectacle extraordinaire. . J'ai adoré. Fan de Mika et en plus le nom de la tournée est le prénom de ma fille 👧 :Calypso.

Hâte de revenir à un concert de Mika.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ondine said:

Concert au top. Jai adoré.   Chanteur exceptionnel avec un spectacle extraordinaire. . J'ai adoré. Fan de Mika et en plus le nom de la tournée est le prénom de ma fille 👧 :Calypso.

Hâte de revenir à un concert de Mika.

That sounds great!!

If you like, you can tell us more about your experience in the specific "Concert Review Thread". Preferably in English but luckily google translate is here to help us :D

https://www.mikafanclub.com/forum/32-concert-reviews/

Ça a l'air génial!! Si tu veux, tu peux nous en dire plus sur ton expérience dans le "Concert Review Thread" spécifique. De préférence en anglais mais heureusement, Google Translate est là pour nous aider.

(Et Calypso, c'est une très joli nom pour une fille, je pense! :heart:)

• Like 1

Hey ! I'm looking for two places for Mika's concert either in Grenoble, Annecy or Lyon, if you know anybody that has places and cannot go !! Thank you :) 

• Like 1

Have I missed something or is May genuinely empty of Mika gigs/events? 

I'm not complaining, I actually think it's a good thing that Mika will have a months break before the summer festivals, he's gonna need all the sleep and rest he can get after the AC tour!

But knowing Mika he'll probably still find time to do some work too!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I'm not complaining, I actually think it's a good thing that Mika will have a months break before the summer festivals, he's gonna need all the sleep and rest he can get after the AC tour!

He would definitely deserve a long rest after this killer schedule. But maybe, he'll be busy with preparing/rehearsing/creating the philharmonic concert?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vero Bott said:

He would definitely deserve a long rest after this killer schedule. But maybe, he'll be busy with preparing/rehearsing/creating the philharmonic concert?

Does anyone know whether it will be broadcast? 

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

For now it looks like 2 months without gigs.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

18 hours ago, SusanT said:

For now it looks like 2 months without gigs.

Just because nothing's been announced yet and we don't know about anything, doesn't mean he doesn't have anything planned. :)

I would venture to say that Mika's schedule is pretty much all planned out for the next 6-8 months.

18 hours ago, QueenBigFat said:

Does anyone know whether it will be broadcast? 

I haven't seen anything about the symphonic concert being broadcast -- but who knows? Maybe it will be filmed to be shown at a later date? I don't know enough about this festival to know if it's something they've done in the past.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

Just because nothing's been announced yet and we don't know about anything, doesn't mean he doesn't have anything planned. :)

I think he does have some plans for these two months (tv show, work on English album, yet to be announced gigs?) - as you said, we just don't know what they are yet. 

• Like 1

Hi everyone ! I have a little question as I went to the concert in Strasbourg last week (which was absolutely amazing)... Do we already know if one of the concert will be filmed for a DVD of the tour or something like that, like he did with "Live in Cartoon motion" ? I would love to see the concert again 🥹 Thank you by advance 🫶🏻

EDIT: I read today in the comments on a video taken at the Paris concert that apparently there were a lot of cameras and microphones in the concert hall. It seems that the concert was filmed and that it will be broadcast (on a date yet to be announced) on the French channel TF1. Maybe we'll get an update soon ! :) 

Edited by Laurine
new information
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Laurine said:

Hi everyone ! I have a little question as I went to the concert in Strasbourg last week (which was absolutely amazing)... Do we already know if one of the concert will be filmed for a DVD of the tour or something like that, like he did with "Live in Cartoon motion" ? I would love to see the concert again 🥹 Thank you by advance 🫶🏻

Same! For any concert! In fact, mods, would it be possible to have a space to announce any official full concert recordings of Mika performing and when/where they might be streamed or viewed, across the world? (Bec what is recorded over there can take a while to get to the US). The only only reason I know about Mika was that I accidentally stumbled across a late night showing of an old concert, on a station I had never watched. Viewing alerts would be fantastic. 

Edited by QueenBigFat
  • Like 5

43 minutes ago, QueenBigFat said:

In fact, mods, would it be possible to have a space to announce any official full concert recordings of Mika performing and when/where they might be streamed or viewed, across the world?

I think that's a good idea! I think it normally gets posted somewhere when one of his shows is on tv but I couldn't even tell you where so it would probably good to have a specific thread for it.

I haven't heard anything about a professional recording of the AC tour (yet!). I don't think it's unlikely though :)

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, CharlotteL said:

I think that's a good idea! I think it normally gets posted somewhere when one of his shows is on tv but I couldn't even tell you where so it would probably good to have a specific thread for it.

I haven't heard anything about a professional recording of the AC tour (yet!). I don't think it's unlikely though :)

Yeah, it would be nice to have one place to go to keep track. What I would love is for listings to be kept up to date—updates as the concert video is repeated (for tv where there is one date, then another) or will appear in a new location (country or continent), rather than just an initial posting.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Laurine said:

I have no idea whether there will be any official recording of this show. I mean, there *should* be, we'd all love to see it, but they don't automatically put out a video for every tour -- the most we usually get is a song here or there.

I do try to gather one of every song for a tour and put it in a playlist on our YouTube channel -- sort of a do-it-yourself kind of concert.  I plan to do that again for this run of shows.

1 hour ago, QueenBigFat said:

Same! For any concert! In fact, mods, would it be possible to have a space to announce any official full concert recordings of Mika performing and when/where they might be streamed or viewed, across the world? (Bec what is recorded over there can take a while to get to the US). The only only reason I know about Mika was that I accidentally stumbled across a late night showing of an old concert, on a station I had never watched. Viewing alerts would be fantastic. 

1 hour ago, CharlotteL said:

53 minutes ago, QueenBigFat said:

Yeah, it would be nice to have one place to go to keep track. What I would love is for listings to be kept up to date—updates as the concert video is repeated (for tv where there is one date, then another) or will appear in a new location (country or continent), rather than just an initial posting.

OK, that's easy enough to do. We do usually post about any broadcasts/rebroadcasts of shows on Instagram and Twitter, but for the most part those are in Europe. But I think we can start a thread for this and pin it so it's easy to find out if anything is going to be on TV or the Internet...

• Like 7

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

I do try to gather one of every song for a tour and put it in a playlist on our YouTube channel -- sort of a do-it-yourself kind of concert.  

Glad you mentioned the  MFC Youtube channel! 😊   I didn't know about the tour videos with performances of single songs.

• Like 1

I'm praying for an official recording :pray:

Mika was recorded twice in Hotel Accord Arena Bercy so hopefully he will be again :bow: Apocalypse Calypso tour is so very special and amazing it deserves to be :cloud:

• Like 4

Just now, crazyaboutmika said:

I'm praying for an official recording :pray:

Mika was recorded twice in Hotel Accord Arena Bercy so hopefully he will be again :bow: Apocalypse Calypso tour is so very special and amazing it deserves to be :cloud:

Yes, I think if any show on this tour has the chance of being fully recorded and put out there for us, it would be this show.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SusanT said:

Glad you mentioned the  MFC Youtube channel! 😊   I didn't know about the tour videos with performances of single songs.

Yes, they aren't always all my videos, but I pull them together from other fans to try to make the set list. For example, this one from the For the Rite of Spring Tour:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1