2024 - Mika @ Eventim Apollo, London, UK, 9 April

mellody

• 2 weeks later...

I still don't understand why Mika said London is sold out and it says so on Mika's website. It still has tickets. :dunno:

https://www.eventim.co.uk/event/mika-eventim-apollo-17668887/?affiliate=TXA

This is not entirely conducive to selling tickets. 😅Anyway, Mika still has almost half a year to sell the tickets and he will sell them. :original:

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

I still don't understand why Mika said London is sold out and it says so on Mika's website. It still has tickets. :dunno:

This is not entirely conducive to selling tickets. 😅Anyway, Mika still has almost half a year to sell the tickets and he will sell them. :original:

They might just be returned tickets (i.e. for resale).

2 hours ago, Prisca said:

I just got an error message, maybe they're updating the site? 

Could they have been declined VIP tickets? 

Edited by Hero

7 hours ago, Hero said:

I just got an error message, maybe they're updating the site? 

I get an error message almost every time I click on the map. The second time it works.

7 hours ago, Hero said:

Could they have been declined VIP tickets? 

The seats might have been seats that sponsors or the like turned down, which suddenly appeared when Mika said the concert was sold out. But I can hardly imagine that the standing room at the back of the Rear Circle Standing (Restricted View) should be reserved for someone. :dunno_grin:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Prisca said:

I see only 1 seated ticket left. There are still some standing tickets WAY in the back, but I don't know how many of those are left. I guess they feel that is essentially sold out. :dunno:

5 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

I see only 1 seated ticket left. There are still some standing tickets WAY in the back, but I don't know how many of those are left. I guess they feel that is essentially sold out. :dunno:

Yes, now only 1 seat is left. When Mika said it was sold out, about 15 to 20 seats appeared and also places in the stalls. Berlin says "limited availability", they could write the same here, no? :original:

When fans read it's sold out, many think it's sold out and don't look at the Eventim website and may buy overpriced tickets through another platform, but that's just my opinion...

3 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Yes, now only 1 seat is left. When Mika said it was sold out, about 15 to 20 seats appeared and also places in the stalls. Berlin says "limited availability", they could write the same here, no? :original:

When fans read it's sold out, many think it's sold out and don't look at the Eventim website and may buy overpriced tickets through another platform, but that's just my opinion...

I agree with you, and I don't know the reasoning behind calling something "sold out" vs not calling it.

I do know that Mika's team have access to "real time" figures that may not be reflected on the venue seat maps, and they also know whether there are seats being held back for some reason, so they have a more accurate idea of how many seats are actually still available for sale. So I don't question that any more. :dunno:

• Like 4

Hey, as I already teased, I knew I wasn’t going to be 100% sure whether or not I’d be able to attend this. Technically, I could though, but with the Kew Gardens gig having been announced and with the opportunity to attend that one with two friends instead of going "alone" (as am MFCler, you’re never really alone at a Mika concert, obviously, but ykwim), I am thinking about selling my ticket for this one. So my question: Would anyone be interested? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sarinaa said:

Hey, as I already teased, I knew I wasn’t going to be 100% sure whether or not I’d be able to attend this. Technically, I could though, but with the Kew Gardens gig having been announced and with the opportunity to attend that one with two friends instead of going "alone" (as am MFCler, you’re never really alone at a Mika concert, obviously, but ykwim), I am thinking about selling my ticket for this one. So my question: Would anyone be interested? 

Is that a seated ticket (circle) or standing?  I think that might  influence people.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Prisca said:

I don't know, would anyone NOT look on the official ticket selling websites first? And then if they still see tickets there although Mika said it's sold out, they will buy them, because they fear it might really be sold out soon. So imo saying that it's sold out when there's only few tickets left is a self-fulfilling prophecy and clever marketing. :naughty:

Berlin said limited availability for a while, but now that info is gone. Seems there's still enough available.

47 minutes ago, mellody said:

I don't know, would anyone NOT look on the official ticket selling websites first? And then if they still see tickets there although Mika said it's sold out, they will buy them, because they fear it might really be sold out soon. So imo saying that it's sold out when there's only few tickets left is a self-fulfilling prophecy and clever marketing. :naughty:

Overall it's a lie and I hate lies...

Edited by Prisca
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, EmRay said:

Went to the Eventim Apollo last week for another gig and it got me super excited for seeing Mika there in April! It's a bigger venue than I remembered, but great views from the balcony :)

Great! What was security's attitude like during the gig? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hero said:

Great! What was security's attitude like during the gig? 

Good, I don't remember any problems! All good getting in, with a quick bag check. It's all seated in the balcony, but there's a little walkway between the first few rows and the rest of the rows. Security/venue hosts moved people along now and again if they were standing up in the walkway too long. Did you have any particular concerns? :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, EmRay said:

Good, I don't remember any problems! All good getting in, with a quick bag check. It's all seated in the balcony, but there's a little walkway between the first few rows and the rest of the rows. Security/venue hosts moved people along now and again if they were standing up in the walkway too long. Did you have any particular concerns? :)

That sounds good! I was mostly thinking about how they manage people standing or dancing at their seats, whether they're relaxed about it or if they're immediately in your face yelling at you to sit down. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hero said:

That sounds good! I was mostly thinking about how they manage people standing or dancing at their seats, whether they're relaxed about it or if they're immediately in your face yelling at you to sit down. 

Oh good question. Sadly I didn't see a single person get up to dance (yes, this made me v sad but it was a violinist we saw which might have explained everyone's reluctance to get up!)

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Hello! Seeing as London is just over 2 months away, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a MFC project (like the box I made) to give to Mika? If you have any ideas let me know! I've seen a lot of talk about crochet and felt flowers, I could partner with a friend of mine and wood turn a nice vase if people wanted to create handmade flowers to go inside..? Maybe we could attach messages to the stems :). I can come up with a different style of box otherwise but I definitely would like to do something people can add messages to if you're are up for it. It's just an idea but if people are interested in doing something that would be cool! 

Edited by goose
  • Like 12

3 minutes ago, goose said:

Hello! Seeing as London is just over 2 months away, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a MFC project (like the box I made) to give to Mika? If you have any ideas let me know! I've seen a lot of talk about crochet and felt flowers, I could partner with a friend of mine and wood turn a nice vase if people wanted to create handmade flowers to go inside..? Maybe we could attach messages to the stems :). I can come up with a different style of box otherwise but I definitely would like to do something people can add messages to if you're

are up for it. It's just an idea but if people are interested in doing something that would be cool! 

Oh Elizabeth that is so cool, I love your idea. I won’t be in London but you have to promise me to take lots of pics!!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/26/2024 at 4:48 PM, goose said:

Hello! Seeing as London is just over 2 months away, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a MFC project (like the box I made) to give to Mika? If you have any ideas let me know! I've seen a lot of talk about crochet and felt flowers, I could partner with a friend of mine and wood turn a nice vase if people wanted to create handmade flowers to go inside..? Maybe we could attach messages to the stems :). I can come up with a different style of box otherwise but I definitely would like to do something people can add messages to if you're are up for it. It's just an idea but if people are interested in doing something that would be cool! 

i love the idea of the vase with flowers but we’d probably have to have more than one person associated to each stem. I mean one person per flower might lead to 40 or more flowers.  You’d need a huge vase! But I’d definitely think doing something as a group  is a great idea. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dcdeb said:

i love the idea of the vase with flowers but we’d probably have to have more than one person associated to each stem. I mean one person per flower might lead to 40 or more flowers.  You’d need a huge vase! But I’d definitely think doing something as a group  is a great idea. 

Yes, I think it would take some thought. I want to make sure it's not to big and easy to travel with (for Mika's sake) and also because im not sure what the venue will allow. I can ask them once we've decided what to do. Also, I worry that the tags may break off the flowers. I think it might have to be a first come first serve basis for the flower idea but maybe we could come up with something that goes with it for people to add their messages into as well for those who aren't so crafty..? I'll think about it over the weekend and come up with a plan of action. If anyone has an idea you lmk, I might put a thing out on an Instagram story for people to have input as well🙃? I'm pleased people are interested!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, goose said:

Yes, I think it would take some thought. I want to make sure it's not to big and easy to travel with (for Mika's sake) and also because im not sure what the venue will allow. I can ask them once we've decided what to do. Also, I worry that the tags may break off the flowers. I think it might have to be a first come first serve basis for the flower idea but maybe we could come up with something that goes with it for people to add their messages into as well for those who aren't so crafty..? I'll think about it over the weekend and come up with a plan of action. If anyone has an idea you lmk, I might put a thing out on an Instagram story for people to have input as well🙃? I'm pleased people are interested!

And what if you you buy a paper with a flowers patterns to distribute to fans for writing their messages on it?

I think about printed paper blocks or origami paper where one side is printed and the other side is plein so you can write on it.

When we fold several sheets and put them to a box, they will "jump out" like the flowers Mika is preparing to "vomit" from his piano during the show.

Here are examples found on French Amazon. 48 and 60 sheets in a pack.

image.thumb.png.94c4a3b00aa77c40ba75ad52035f9132.png

image.thumb.png.ddfd3e30c1b23f2c719c400c7c783d4f.png

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 1