2024 - Mika @ Eventim Apollo, London, UK, 9 April

mellody

20 minutes ago, Florine said:

Perfect! Thank you for your answer :) so with this upgrade, even the standing tickets will be able to access the venue earlier ?

I don't know if it's in fact earlier - the way I understand it, it's just a separate queue? :dunno:

32 minutes ago, Florine said:

Perfect! Thank you for your answer :) so with this upgrade, even the standing tickets will be able to access the venue earlier ?

10 minutes ago, mellody said:

I don't know if it's in fact earlier - the way I understand it, it's just a separate queue? :dunno:

From the website:

"Entry will be at Door Opening time for given event unless otherwise stated"

So you bypass the regular queue and get to enter at the same time as everyone else. That means you don't have to queue all day, if you don't want to.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

From the website:

"Entry will be at Door Opening time for given event unless otherwise stated"

So you bypass the regular queue and get to enter at the same time as everyone else. That means you don't have to queue all day, if you don't want to.

Obviously there will some of us who will queue to be first among the first 😇

• Like 1

Please does anybody have a spare Mika - Lounge Pass Upgrade for april 9th? The site says it is currently unavailable, please please can you help????

Edited by dotoli

On 1/30/2024 at 11:52 AM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

This night an idea for a fan action came to me.

I think about small flags of countries the fans come from. Paper or fabric made of.

I mean small flags (not bigger than A4 format and without a stick of course!).

I had this idea - which is not new - and then it recalled me this situation which happened years ago in the UK when Mika sung one of his French songs and he heard one English fan complaining about it. It hurt Mika a lot. But at the end of the concert fans prepared this fan action with international flags. 

So this time Mika will sing several (a bigger part) songs in French and it would be a great parabola joining these two gigs after so many years. Now he has been invited to the UK to sing in French!

London is this special place where fans from all over the world come so if we bring our flags it should make a big effect.

And (I think) people will not throw them on the floor after the concert so no problem with leaving garbage in the venue.

And I thought about the song Passager for this fan action.

image.png.a3a34aa3ef31a506aae1451ee553b557.png

As we are approaching the London gig I would like to get back to my idea of a fan action with flags.

We don't need to ask everybody present in the venue to have a flag of his/her respective country.

But if a part of us lifts a flag during one song it would give an effect.

So I propose to make flags not bigger than A4 format.

As Mika doesn't sing Passager, I propose to raise our flags during Any Other World.

It's almost at the end of the gig just before We Are Golden and I think Mika will keep this part of the setlist.

• Like 7

Box is now underway! I may change the joint from a Dovetail because my dovetail saw is facing some issues at the mo and is in need of a some repairs. The box will still look pretty much the same though😉. I'll share some photos by next Friday.

4 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

As we are approaching the London gig I would like to get back to my idea of a fan action with flags.

Also, I'd love to be involved in this (if it works from being in the seats)!

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, goose said:

Box is now underway! I may change the joint from a Dovetail because my dovetail saw is facing some issues at the mo and is in need of a some repairs. The box will still look pretty much the same though😉. I'll share some photos by next Friday.

Also, I'd love to be involved in this (if it works from being in the seats)!

I will be in the seats!

But it's for everybody. The venue is not so big as those in France.

• Like 2

On 3/28/2024 at 2:34 PM, goose said:

As we are approaching the London gig I would like to get back to my idea of a fan action with flags

Ok, Flag ready :thumb_yello: I'll be a the circle, too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll be arriving at Gatwick on Monday around noon. Because of the tube strike, I've decided to switch hotel and stay in the Hammersmith area instead.

I've booked a pick up service from the airport to my  accommodation (6 min walk from the venue according to google). It's paid and the price is the same for me alone or if I take more people (up to 3 more with cabin sized luggage). 

So, if anyone needs a ride to Hammersmith let me know so we can organize it. 

Also, since @BeccaStardust can't go after all. If anyone (with tolerant ears:lol3:) would like a seat, let me know, too!

Hello, unfortunately the box is slightly smaller than originally planned so envelopes that are A5 are slightly too long. However, if you've got a card that's A5, it will still fit without the envelope and if you would still like an envelope I have plenty of A6 ones. Other than that it's looking good😁

• Like 4

Hi everyone,

I'm a new MFC member, but I follow Mika quietly since 2006. 

This will be my second Mika show. (The first was in Rouen in 2013)

I'm planning to be queuing by 12 on tuesday. 

I'll get a flag (a french one, not to original ^^').

I really look forward to meet you in the queue in front of the eventim, even if I'm quite shy, because i'm new.

Unfortunaty, I won't be in london on monday for the pre gig party.   

Have a good week.

Edited by NaruOsaka
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, NaruOsaka said:

Hi everyone,

I'm a new MFC member, but I follow Mika quitely since 2006. 

This will be my second Mika show. (The first was in Rouen in 2013)

I'm planning to be queuing ea

That's a long gap between shows!  I expect a lot of people will be queuing early, the London shows atrract lots of fans.

Morning, 

Even though the London gig is less than 1 week away, I haven't received my tickets (they're coming via post)... Has anyone else received theirs yet? Getting worried that they may have got lost or something.

Anyway so excited for his gig. 

See you all soon. 

Xx

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, CrazyChloe15 said:

Morning, 

Even though the London gig is less than 1 week away, I haven't received my tickets (they're coming via post)... Has anyone else received theirs yet? Getting worried that they may have got lost or something.

Anyway so excited for his gig. 

See you all soon. 

Xx

Chloe, if you're worried, I'd say definitely check on them -- call the ticketing agent. Did you buy through Ticketmaster or the venue?

I bought through Ticketmaster and got e-tickets, so I don't know what else to say about actual tickets. Good luck!

• Like 1

And while we're giving updates, here's the latest I received on the Tube/Rail strikes -- I just keep hoping that they'll cancel the action for this month :crossed:

Dear Mrs Koma,

Strike action is planned by ASLEF union members on Monday 8 April.

If these strikes go ahead, there will be severe disruption across the London Underground network, with little or no service expected.

Any services that do run, will not run after 19:00.

No other TfL services are on strike, but they will be busier than normal and queuing systems may also be in place.

On Tuesday 9 April, London Underground services may start later than normal. We expect that a good service will be running by mid-morning.

Customers travelling on these days are advised to plan ahead, consider alternative routes including walking and cycling, check before they travel and allow more time for their journey.

For more information on this Tube strike and a future planned strike on Saturday 4 May, visit our strikes webpage.

Strikes are also planned by the ASLEF union on national rail services between Thursday 4 and Tuesday 9 April. Levels of disruption will vary on each of these days, with no services in some cases. For more information, visit the National Rail website

Yours sincerely,

Customer Information Team
Transport for London

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 5

35 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

And while we're giving updates, here's the latest I received on the Tube/Rail strikes -- I just keep hoping that they'll cancel the action for this month :crossed:

Dear Mrs Koma,

If these strikes go ahead, there will be severe disruption across the London Underground network, with little or no service expected.

No other TfL services are on strike, but they will be busier than normal and queuing systems may also be in place.

On Tuesday 9 April, London Underground services may start later than normal. We expect that a good service will be running by mid-morning.

Customers travelling on these days are advised to plan ahead, consider alternative routes including walking and cycling, check before they travel and allow more time for their journey.

For more information on this Tube strike and a future planned strike on Saturday 4 May, visit our strikes webpage.

Strikes are also planned by the ASLEF union on national rail services between Thursday 4 and Tuesday 9 April. Levels of disruption will vary on each of these days, with no services in some cases. For more information, visit the National Rail website

Yours sincerely,

Transport for London

Definitely tfl doesn't like Mika and wants to make his fans' life harder :shocked:.  Again..

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Chloe, if you're worried, I'd say definitely check on them -- call the ticketing agent. Did you buy through Ticketmaster or the venue?

I bought through Ticketmaster and got e-tickets, so I don't know what else to say about actual tickets. Good luck!

I got e-tickets through Eventim, and they're not available to download yet. Normally they're released about 48 hours before the show. Re postal tickets, the following might help:

Eventim help page says:

If you've selected standard mail, please allow up to 5 days prior to the event for your tickets to arrive. If you haven't received them by this point, please drop our customer service team an email. If you've selected registered mail, our customer service team can provide you with a tracking number once your tickets have been dispatched. If you've selected Secure international delivery, please allow up to 1 week prior to the event for tickets to be delivered. If you haven't received them by the time you are due to travel, please contact our customer service team.

You can email them at customerservice@eventim.co.uk. Please include your 10 digit order number, your name and the name, date and venue of the event.

-----

Ticketmaster says:

Our goal is for you to have your tickets in the mailbox five days before your event at the latest.

Sometimes, your tickets may arrive later than expected because we have to wait for the Event Organisers to send us the tickets or there may be a delivery delay on your event. To check if your tickets have been printed, sign into your Ticketmaster account and find your order. The Order Status updates if your tickets have been printed. If they have, they’ll be on their way to you very soon.

If it’s five days or less before your event and you're still waiting for your tickets, contact Fan Support.

https://help.ticketmaster.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360017761298-How-to-Contact-Us

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, NaruOsaka said:

11 years 😅 I've read that JojoGrape is like me.

Thanks for the advise. :-)

That´s right, NaruOsaka you are not alone. :) 14 years gap between the shows for me but have been a fan since 2007. :blush: Most nervous about travelling to London (especially now due to the strikes) but if I manage to get there I think it will be wonderful. Looking forward to meet some of you on the pre-party and the rest of you in the que.  :heart:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JojoGrape said:

That´s right, NaruOsaka you are not alone. :) 14 years gap between the shows for me but have been a fan since 2007. :blush: Most nervous about travelling to London (especially now due to the strikes) but if I manage to get there I think it will be wonderful. Looking forward to meet some of you on the pre-party and the rest of you in the que.  :heart:

It will be my first time in London as well, and I'm also traveling alone. So I'm looking forward to meeting all of you :-))

• Like 3

5 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Dear Mrs Koma,

Yours sincerely,

Transport for London

A little friendly question to all of you who attending (or not attending) the concert in London and lives nearby Hammersmith (or somewhere close to). 

I´m arriving to Heatrow airport on Monday 14.30 pm and would love to attend the MFC pre party 18.30 pm. The only problem is this strike that will probably be ongoing when I arrive, and I don´t know how I will manage to get to Hammersmith in other way then with piccadilly. :dunno:

So my question here is if there is anyone who would have the possibillity to pick me up on Heatrow in the afternoon? Somewhere from 4 pm or whenever it suits them best. Of course I will pay the gasoline cost in that case. I respect if that is not a possibillity but at least I have asked. :)

@Glitterbug, you informed about pick up service, is there any possibility to pass by Heatrow and pick me up as well (since you said that you arrive in the noon and I´m arriving at 14.30 pm? Just asking to see the options here. :confused:

9 minutes ago, JojoGrape said:

Glitterbug,  is there any possibility to pass by Heatrow airport and pick me up as well (since you said that you arrive in the noon and I´m arriving at 14.30 pm)? Just a friendly question to see the options here (see my other post about having difficulties getting to Hammersmith from Heatrow on Monday.  :blush:

It would be quite a detour for Glitterbug if she is coming from Gatwick - the driver might not want to do it.

It should be possible to get a bus from Heathrow to Hammersmith Broadway via Slough (you would have to change buses at Slough).  Otherwise you could get a taxi but this will be expensive.