2024 - Mika @ Eventim Apollo, London, UK, 9 April

mellody

2 hours ago, JojoGrape said:

Glitterbug,  is there any possibility to pass by Heatrow airport and pick me up as well (since you said that you arrive in the noon and I´m arriving at 14.30 pm)? Just a friendly question to see the options here (see my other post about having difficulties getting to Hammersmith from Heatrow on Monday.  :blush:

You might also be able to get the National Express coach from Heathrow direct to Hammersmith. https://www.nationalexpress.com/en

I did a quick search, there are a couple of coaches depending on which terminal you leave from:

Screenshot_20240404-011642.thumb.png.45d3e05a06380c6e3a763d0e75318e50.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Hero said:

You might also be able to get the National Express coach from Heathrow direct to Hammersmith. https://www.nationalexpress.com/en

I did a quick search, there are a couple of coaches depending on which terminal you leave from:

Screenshot_20240404-011642.thumb.png.45d3e05a06380c6e3a763d0e75318e50.png

Thank you for the information. :original: I was so set on taking the piccadilly that it's hard to replan your route. 4.15 pm will hopefully work if the flight is not delayed and I manage to go through Heathrow in 1 hour and 45 minutes. :crossed: 

• Like 2

Hiya for those arriving at the airport and worried about strikes the regular buses from Heathrow into London are pretty good. You can either get the National express coach or get the tfl bus into Richmond for example and then get another tfl bus to Hammersmith. I would get guess National Express is quicker but may be slightly less regular.

I don't drive but live locally to Hammersmith (in Richmond) so please feel free to DM me if you need any tips and happy to try and help. I have lived in London nearly 6 years and still find it overwhelming so totally get it for those visiting for the first time! 😁

Edited by sarahel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/4/2024 at 2:36 PM, MrHentai said:

Yes, I just came here to post this!

• Like 6

That is amazing 👏 🤩 I can't wait for the show and I'm glad the train will be running 😀 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tunde Pfeffer said:

Hi Everyone! Today I received an email from Ticketmaster asking me to download the app, because it's the only way I can go to the concert with my ticket. But Google Play tells me that this item is not available in my country, and if I open the website on my phone and log in, my ticket is not there, but if I log in on my laptop it is there. I have printed the barcode, so I guess if nothing works, then they will let me in with it? What do you think?

I believe you'll get in with your printed ticket with the QR code but if I were you I would phone the venue just to be sure. I bought several tickets on ticketmaster and one of them outside of France for a friend and it is a different country ticketmaster website so you might want to check that you use the right website on your phone. You can also try to emulate a pc with your phone with opera or firefox browsers and that might make your ticket show up. Good luck to you :crossed:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

I believe you'll get in with your printed ticket with the QR code but if I were you I would phone the venue just to be sure. I bought several tickets on ticketmaster and one of them outside of France for a friend and it is a different country ticketmaster website so you might want to check that you use the right website on your phone. You can also try to emulate a pc with your phone with opera or firefox browsers and that might make your ticket show up. Good luck to you :crossed:

In the meantime I realised that the website on my phone browser was somehow US ( even though I'm from Hungary), so I changed it to the UK, and my ticket appeared :-)) (That's why I deleted my previous post.) But thank you for the reassurance about the printed ticket. It calmed down my anxiety. Thanks a million! :-)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tunde Pfeffer said:

In the meantime I realised that the website on my phone browser was somehow US ( even though I'm from Hungary), so I changed it to the UK, and my ticket appeared :-)) (That's why I deleted my previous post.) But thank you for the reassurance about the printed ticket. It calmed down my anxiety. Thanks a million! :-)

I'm glad you found your ticket :hug:

• Like 1

Box is done! I went for mitre joints in the end and it's finished in beeswax so it smells lovely. Wooden handles would have been to brittle so I went for rope instead. The flowers are detachable😁 I hope you all like it! (The whole thing including the flowers is made out of scrap wood.)

Spoiler

20240405_153208.thumb.jpg.04206c1eba1352fdfc29acd78472fcf0.jpg

20240405_153157.thumb.jpg.2afa39fba8c6e1d90d81bd4c695a5770.jpg

20240405_153200.thumb.jpg.6fe274c0f191e5fe367ef454cdb6efcf.jpg

Screenshot_20240405_202237_Gallery.thumb.jpg.dc36f24d2b43b3515d6553181bc6acbe.jpg

20240405_153225.thumb.jpg.3a43c6dd577dbd161edb5f4939e94339.jpg

Edited by goose
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, goose said:

Box is done! I went for mitre joints in the end and it's finished in beeswax so it smells lovely. Wooden handles would have been to brittle so I went for rope instead. The flowers are detachable😁 I hope you all like it! (The whole thing including the flowers is made out of scrap wood.)

Hide contents

Screenshot_20240405_202237_Gallery.thumb.jpg.dc36f24d2b43b3515d6553181bc6acbe.jpg

It looks so sweet! Flowers are gorgeous!

And I think the rope gives a character to the whole project :thumb_yello:

Now I see why you were looking for Club Apocalypso photos :original:

And I wrote my letter to Mika today. So it looks like we are ready :clap:

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, goose said:

Hide contents

Oh, WOW! It's really lovely! 😍😍😍 Thanks so much for this! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One more question. :-) I read on the Eventim Apollo website that you are not allowed to bring backpacks (which I have) and larger bags to the concert. Can I go in with a normal fanny pack? That's a small bag, so I think so, but I'm not sure. I wouldn't want to bring a side bag, that's travelling with three different bags...

4 minutes ago, Tunde Pfeffer said:

One more question. :-) I read on the Eventim Apollo website that you are not allowed to bring backpacks (which I have) and larger bags to the concert. Can I go in with a normal fanny pack? That's a small bag, so I think so, but I'm not sure. I wouldn't want to bring a side bag, that's travelling with three different bags...

"We class a small bag as A4 size or smaller or a standard handbag." - if your bag/fanny pack is A4 or smaller, you should be fine :original:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vero Bott said:

"We class a small bag as A4 size or smaller or a standard handbag." - if your bag/fanny pack is A4 or smaller, you should be fine :original:

Thank you. I thought the fanny pack was fine because of this particular sentence. A thousand thanks for the reassurance! :D

Hello everyone !

I saw some comments about the strike taking place next week. And even if the Tube service is looping better, I have a huge problem.  

I'm landing at Gatwick airport but there's no Gatwick express in circulation that day. So, I really have no idea on how I'll be able to go to London Center and/or Hammersmith. I've never been to Gatwick before so I have to admit that it's kinda scary 😱

7 minutes ago, Florine said:

Hello everyone !

I saw some comments about the strike taking place next week. And even if the Tube service is looping better, I have a huge problem.  

I'm landing at Gatwick airport but there's no Gatwick express in circulation that day. So, I really have no idea on how I'll be able to go to London Center and/or Hammersmith. I've never been to Gatwick before so I have to admit that it's kinda scary 😱

I've never been to London before, but you can try the National Express (https://www.nationalexpress.com/en). There are buses from Gatwick to Hammersmith.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Florine said:

Hello everyone !

When I used Gatwick airport in the past, I was flying with easyjet and using the easybus to get into London - not sure if it's necessary to fly with that airline to use it, but it was the cheapest option back then. If that doesn't work, there are surely other buses & shuttle services, like National Express, as Tunde said.

• Like 2

Hey guys,

A bit late but I thought of another fan action that might be cool alongside the flags in London and would love your thoughts!

I was thinking it would be super nice to show some love for Mika's amazing band with posters saying for example Max Fan Club etc. (Someone might have a better idea of how to express this?)

If people are interested happy to get some card etc. and bring it on Monday evening! Also happy to hear if it's a terrible idea 🤣🤣

3 hours ago, Florine said:

Hello everyone !

The strikes have now been called off. So you should be OK to travel as normal from Gatwick on the tube xx

On 4/5/2024 at 8:32 PM, goose said:

Reveal hidden contents

Really lovely, well done!! I wrote my letter today... Excited at the fact  that Mika will probably read it!! 

Thank you for letting me be apart of it xx

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Florine said:

Hello everyone !

12 minutes ago, CrazyChloe15 said:

The strikes have now been called off. So you should be OK to travel as normal from Gatwick on the tube xx

The tube strike has been called off, but the tube doesn't go to Gatwick, it just connects to the regular trains. The train strike is still happening, and unfortunately on Monday this includes the Southern and Thameslink services who normally run to Gatwick. 

But @Florine some info here:

https://admin.thameslinkrailway.com/travel-information/plan-your-journey/service-updates

"There will be no Southern services running, except for a limited shuttle service running non-stop between London Victoria and Gatwick Airport Only." 

So you might be able to get a shuttle, but they'll be less frequent than usual and be in high demand so very full. The coach might be a more comfortable option:

https://www.easybus.com/routes/london-gatwick/gatwick-airport-london-victoria/

• Like 2

A few of my friends were going to come to the gig, but 3 of them can't make it now. So they are looking to sell 3 tickets for the London gig. If anyone knows anyone looking for tickets, please let me know.