2024 - Mika @ Eventim Apollo, London, UK, 9 April

mellody

On 1/30/2024 at 11:52 AM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

This night an idea for a fan action came to me.

I think about small flags of countries the fans come from. Paper or fabric made of.

I mean small flags (not bigger than A4 format and without a stick of course!).

I had this idea - which is not new - and then it recalled me this situation which happened years ago in the UK when Mika sung one of his French songs and he heard one English fan complaining about it. It hurt Mika a lot. But at the end of the concert fans prepared this fan action with international flags. 

So this time Mika will sing several (a bigger part) songs in French and it would be a great parabola joining these two gigs after so many years. Now he has been invited to the UK to sing in French!

London is this special place where fans from all over the world come so if we bring our flags it should make a big effect.

And (I think) people will not throw them on the floor after the concert so no problem with leaving garbage in the venue.

And I thought about the song Passager for this fan action.

image.png.a3a34aa3ef31a506aae1451ee553b557.png

Well, for the moment Passager is not on the setlist but we have AOW. It would fit to the flags fan action.

We'll see.

40 minutes ago, NaoMika said:

SYREETA will be a show opener. 

Birmingham-born, London-based DJ.

Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/syreetamusic/

I never be a fan for EDM, feeling disappointed.  :(  

Oh no, another boring DJ? That's not what we're there for. He seems to like them, but I'd rather he didn't bother! At least it's a short set. Bring headphones! 

• Like 1

Hello :) I was talking about the materials for the next box today with my friend. This time around we have decided that in order to know the size, etc, we will need to know who is going to add a letter in advance. Plus London is very busy and I'm not sure what it will be like. To avoid too much stress on the day, if people could email me ( elizabeth@bramblecarpentry.co.uk ) by next Wednesday (6th March 2024) with their MFC username and full name if they want to be involved, that would be great. However, this time I will probably restrict it to only people that are going to the event because it's easier to manage. Once I know how many people are involved I'll make the box. Also, do people still want to use flowery origami paper?

Edited by goose
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'm more and more excited and can't wait to go to London :cloud:, but I have a few questions I've been thinking about a lot lately. Maybe someone can help me. 

1) Will there be a fan club meeting on Tuesday, perhaps?
2) I will be staying at the [redacted] (Hammersmith). I am going to the concert alone, can I join someone? I've never been to London before, so I wouldn't want to be wandering around on my own in the evening (especially after the concert), and it would be nice to meet you all.
3) How much time do you suggest I (we) should go there (before the concert) to queue (I have a standing stall ticket)?

Thank you for taking the time to read my questions. I greatly appreciate it!

23 hours ago, Tunde Pfeffer said:

I'm more and more excited and can't wait to go to London :cloud:, but I have a few questions I've been thinking about a lot lately. Maybe someone can help me. 

1) Will there be a fan club meeting on Tuesday, perhaps?
2) I will be staying at the [redacted] (Hammersmith). I am going to the concert alone, can I join someone? I've never been to London before, so I wouldn't want to be wandering around on my own in the evening (especially after the concert), and it would be nice to meet you all.
3) How much time do you suggest I (we) should go there (before the concert) to queue (I have a standing stall ticket)?

Thank you for taking the time to read my questions. I greatly appreciate it!

Hi Tunde!

First of all, there probably won't be a proper fan club meeting on Tuesday, because most of us will be queuing much of the day. We ARE having a fan club party on Monday night, so if you will be in town then, please consider joining us! You can read more about it here:

I'm sure that you won't be alone! There are lots of us staying in the area, and we'll all be walking or making our way back after the show, so I'm sure you'll find someone going your way. (I've deleted the name of your hotel as maybe it's not a good idea for us to publicize that sort of info -- you never know who might be reading here!

Finally, as I said, lots of us will be queuing early, but I'm not sure how early. I don't think it will be necessary to be super early, because there don't seem to be as many of us as there usually are in London. It will also depend on the weather -- if it's rainy, that will discourage early queuing, too. So check back here often. And please don't be shy! I try to say hello to all the MFC members I can, but if you see me, don't hesitate to introduce yourself!

38 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Finally, as I said, lots of us will be queuing early, but I'm not sure how early. I don't think it will be necessary to be super early, because there don't seem to be as many of us as there usually are in London. It will also depend on the weather -- if it's rainy, that will discourage early queuing, too. So check back here often. And please don't be shy! I try to say hello to all the MFC members I can, but if you see me, don't hesitate to introduce yourself!

Hi Deb! Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it! Yes, I'll be in London on the 8th, so I'll definitely be at the MFC meeting, I've indicated my intention in the appropriate thread as you asked. I'm curious about the queue, I guess we won't be there in the morning for that, right? But from sometime in the afternoon? I'll keep an eye on the forum to see who thinks what (when to go), and try to adapt :-) 

I'll introduce myself to you (if nothing else, then at the MFC meeting), at least I'll practice my English a bit, unfortunately, I rarely use it orally, so it will be harder at first. I am very excited and looking forward to it! Thanks again for your help, Deb! You're the best! :-)

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Hero said:

3 WEEKS TODAY!!!! :boing::yay::mika1::dance_man:

Can't wait! :excite:  The last London gig was so special! :wub2: Will be the first time that I'll only arrive on the gig day in London, so I'll see where I'll end up in the queue :lol3: - sad to miss the MFC party, but I'll be away til Friday, so it would have been too long to go another day earlier. Hope to see many of you at the Dublin MFC party! :biggrin2: and if not, then at least at the London gig / in the queue. :thumb_yello:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mellody said:

Can't wait! :excite:  The last London gig was so special! :wub2: Will be the first time that I'll only arrive on the gig day in London, so I'll see where I'll end up in the queue :lol3: - sad to miss the MFC party, but I'll be away til Friday, so it would have been too long to go another day earlier. Hope to see many of you at the Dublin MFC party! :biggrin2: and if not, then at least at the London gig / in the queue. :thumb_yello:

For some reason I thought you'd bought seats.  Are you in the mosh pit? 

6 minutes ago, Hero said:

For some reason I thought you'd bought seats.  Are you in the mosh pit? 

yes, I have a standing ticket. Seats are too far away for my liking - even if I can't queue from the morning, I still have a chance for the first few rows, at least on the side. :lol3: The Revelation Tour stage layout with the catwalk was really useful for that, much more space in frontrow, so the chances for a good place were much better -  but anyway I'm more relaxed now about queueing than I used to be - I'm tall, and 2nd row behind a small person is still ok for me. Getting too old for queueing from 6am or even earlier. 🙈

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, mellody said:

yes, I have a standing ticket. Seats are too far away for my liking - even if I can't queue from the morning, I still have a chance for the first few rows, at least on the side. :lol3: The Revelation Tour stage layout with the catwalk was really useful for that, much more space in frontrow, so the chances for a good place were much better -  but anyway I'm more relaxed now about queueing than I used to be - I'm tall, and 2nd row behind a small person is still ok for me. Getting too old for queueing from 6am or even earlier. 🙈

Queueing from the morning?? It's the first time for me in London and to a Mika concert, I knew I have to be in line for a few hours earlier, but not from the morning. :jawdrop:

Edited by Tunde Pfeffer

6 minutes ago, Tunde Pfeffer said:

Queueing from the morning?? It's the first time for me in London and to a Mika concert, I knew I have to be in line for a few hours earlier, but not from the morning. :jawdrop:

As Deb said, maybe this time it's not that bad because not so many people are coming to London. So far Mika's only UK gigs were in London, so all the superfans came there and it was lots of people trying to get to the front. People have in fact been queueing since the middle of the night to get to frontrow center ... but no worries, you can get in the first few rows if you start queuing a few hours before the doors open. Most random concert-goers only arrive in the 1-2 hours before the doors open, or later.

When I was in Nancy 2 weeks ago I arrived the moment Mika came on stage, and I still found a good place at the barrier on the very side, where I could see well. It's not my fave place at a gig, but for not queueing at all it wasn't too bad. :) 

• Like 1

I wonder how tightly security control the entry at the Apollo. The Roundhouse was great at taking us in queue order and stopping anyone running inside. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mellody said:

As Deb said, maybe this time it's not that bad because not so many people are coming to London. So far Mika's only UK gigs were in London, so all the superfans came there and it was lots of people trying to get to the front. People have in fact been queueing since the middle of the night to get to frontrow center ... but no worries, you can get in the first few rows if you start queuing a few hours before the doors open. Most random concert-goers only arrive in the 1-2 hours before the doors open, or later.

When I was in Nancy 2 weeks ago I arrived the moment Mika came on stage, and I still found a good place at the barrier on the very side, where I could see well. It's not my fave place at a gig, but for not queueing at all it wasn't too bad. :) 

Thank you for explaining this to me in more detail. It's nice to hear that I don't have to queue for that long and respect for you and all the fans who had been there since the middle of the night on previous occasions. :D 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tunde Pfeffer said:

respect for you and all the fans who had been there since the middle of the night on previous occasions

well, tbh "in the middle of the night" always was too much for me - I did try it a few times, but it's not worth it for me. Even if I try to be in frontrow, it doesn't have to be frontrow center - especially not at gigs where people are queuing at such crazy times. Frontrow center is like 5 places, depending on how you define it - and I'm perfectly fine with sleeping a bit longer and being a bit more on the side. 😅 And usually I'm going to more than one gig of a tour, and if it's not France, Italy or London, there are better chances for a more central place without queueing in the middle of the night (which is another reason why I love that he's coming to more places outside of these few on this tour! :lol:)

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Mayli said:

I have mentioned this in MFC long time ago but at the time some fans don't like for what I said lol 😉 I don't even understand speak out my own feeling is kind of unrespectful to them or to MIKA at all, crazy!😏 Now is a bit funny cause have u or someone to bring it up here haha 😅

Seriouly this is also one of the reason I try not to join his gig cause every time need to wait at the venue for at least two hours before his show really started lol I was sitting there alone and listening to those music which all not of them I knew or interested in it,also have already queued up to entre the venue for a bit time lol 😂 

Then the show finished not early like around 10:30pm or sometimes even later. I actually got the difficulty to catch the tube or train back home, always need to run for the last one and I don't even feel safe or enjoy being out at night that late haha 🙃 

Anyway he or his team got their own choice for how to arrange the show and my opinion may not represent all of u so the only way I can do is not to go haha, don't bother me much🙏

I mean, I'd still go, because it's Mika and it's amazing awesome. 😎 I'm not going to miss out for the sake of a dodgy support act! But I can understand if you have transport problems afterwards, it's difficult. 

• Like 1

Not sure how much it is going to impact you guys, but there will be an underground (tube) strike the day before on the Monday. Also affecting the Tuesday. I might cut my loses & just head home after the Manchester gig :no:

• Sad 5

16 minutes ago, AmelieCharlotte said:

Not sure how much it is going to impact you guys, but there will be an underground (tube) strike the day before on the Monday. Also affecting the Tuesday. I might cut my loses & just head home after the Manchester gig :no:

There are also rolling strikes on the main railway lines so different companies affected on different days, with rolling stock likely to end up in the wrong places.  Unfortunately this could affect anyone travelling from Gatwick airport on Monday 8th

• Sad 3

13 hours ago, Mayli said:

casue in my view if the singer would really understand his fans travelling far away for the gig,I mean although I also lived in the London few years ago but to be fair I'm a foreigner so to me it's a bit far travelled from South East London to usually Hammersmith area for joining the gig,he should think about it that not everyone is so rich like him to book a hotel room for over night staying

Mika is actually very aware of his fans taking a lot of time, money and trouble to come see him. He has expressed his gratitude many times over the years, the last time as recent as September 2023 when he received the last yearbook in Madrid. 

14 hours ago, Mayli said:

On the other hand, what I can see his fan club actually got problem which u can see some of the dodgy fans don't know how to repect others when others were speaking out the feeling that may not exactly in their prospective haha 😆

What you see are incidents that do not represent the fan club at all. Oftentimes, they are Mika fans who are not even part of the MFC, so I don’t think it’s entirely correct to generalize this as a general and common problem within the MFC. Also. It doesn’t represent the general atmosphere at gigs at all. 

But of course, just in daily life, with so many people there are equally as many opinions who can be different from eachother. As long as we keep an open discussion with respectful communication, that is not a problem in my opinion, it’s an open discussion.  

• Like 13

15 hours ago, AmelieCharlotte said:

15 hours ago, silver said:

There are also rolling strikes on the main railway lines so different companies affected on different days, with rolling stock likely to end up in the wrong places.  Unfortunately this could affect anyone travelling from Gatwick airport on Monday 8th

Wait, what?:crybaby:

• Sad 1