Reports/Pics/Videos - Olympia, Dublin, Ireland Feb 15 2010

guylainem123

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankyou for your kind words :)

It's taken me all this time to read back.... but .....

Olga's blond hair in the baaaack...:naughty:

I don't think it was Olga. I was looking out for her to practice my French. (Maybe she was avoiding me for that reason :naughty:) But no, I don't think so.

iMMamusic - Hope you all enjoyed it as much as we did!!! The snake was a bit mental - it had a mind of its own!!!

snake? :blink:

I guess she didn't know the snake was coming on.

We saw her with Jimmy and Andy after but I didn't see Cherise or Martin.

Justyna (OrdinaryGirl) just text me:

"Amber, I have no words, I'm in tears! I got a sig and a photo!!!! Then...omg I want to tell you everything right NOW!!"

She had a brilliant night but I think the experience overwhelmed her. She's a sweetie :)

ok... back on track guys... lets keep chit chat to a minimum so it makes it nice and easy to read the reports

That's why you wonderful mods do the links in the first post, isn't it?

ive read these twittering & find them quite funny & some very true , not all that queues early is guaranteed a front row spot ive learnt this from experience

This is true, but it was pretty fair in Dublin.

No one cares about my video uploadings

Dr John:

Touches You:

Happy Ending:

Lollipop (with the new drumming intro):

They're lovely. I might even look at the background now. I couldn't keep my eyes off Mika on Monday.

about the queuing thing you mentioned: there are always some ppl who don't want to keep to it, but i didn't hear about any major trouble with it yesterday. that tweets you posted, i looked at them and it appears that our dear duchesse du fromage (that name violet gave her is very fitting... :naughty:) wanted to cause some confusion here again. :fisch: she was in belfast and dublin, and well, it was somehow clear that this wouldn't work without any nasty tweets from her. :sneaky2: i even was so "lucky" to catch a glimpse on her, in her fur coat (who was the one on here with PETA in their signature? ). poor old lady, she really should get some professional help.

It was my first sighting. They were blagging their way into the front area.

I think he was feeling under the weather too , I guess a second time of no M and G could of happened easy

Doing a gig then meeting all us crazies cant be easy :naughty:

Yes busy and getting busier !:shocked:

Very true in every way.

ive had to dance in a mask before and it's seriously making me re-consider whether to be a lollipop girl or not. Masks are a complete nuisance - as nice as they may look sometimes - but I need to see where the eff I'm going and to actually breathe. I think wearing a mask is completely pointless.

John didn't exactly sell the experience. He said you can't see, it's hard to breathe and it smells!

As always, one of the best parts of the day was meeting the MFCers, it was the first time that I'd met lovely Ruth and it was great to see the others that I've met before, especially Kath.

'Twasn't. I was at the London Party.

I hope Mr MM has recovered from his ordeal!

Ruth, I loved your reports!! Thank you for writing them :thumb_yello: And it was lovely to meet you in Dublin :wub2:

I just uploaded the beginning and Rain from Dublin to Youtube, and my vid was blocked before it even had a name :blink: How is that possible? Only that vid from Belfast and Dublin, no other vids. They don't want us to show that part? How can they recognize it?

Ruth, I loved your reports!! Thank you for writing them :thumb_yello: And it was lovely to meet you in Dublin :wub2:

I just uploaded the beginning and Rain from Dublin to Youtube, and my vid was blocked before it even had a name :blink: How is that possible? Only that vid from Belfast and Dublin, no other vids. They don't want us to show that part? How can they recognize it?

I'm not au fait with the intricacies of YouTube.... How indeed can it recognise it. Maybe it's just a glitch?

:blush-anim-cl:

I've only had a chance to go online now.

This isn't a report as such because honestly, I can't sum up everything that happened, it would take forever.

Monday was definitley one of the best days of my life, absolutely unbelieveably amazing!

I was a Lollipop girl!?!?!?! :shocked: Ha, I still don't believe it. Though the heads were so heavy and not great to see through, I loved every sngle minute of it!!

Everyone I met in Belfast and Dublin were so nice, I loved meeting MFCers and having a laugh. You all rock in one way or another!:aah:

I feel completely fulfilled as a Mika fan, things I never ever would have expected happened.

I will upload some pictures soon enough. :wink2:

Blue Sky, I am still afraid to eat your Japanese gas sweet :aah:

I wanna do it all again NOW!:wub2:

Ruth thank you for your really interesting report!:thumb_yello:

It was so nice meeting you, and thank you again for helping me out when I screwed up with the wristband!:huglove:

This is what happened: I was the 16th person to be let in to the venue, nr 16 on my hand, and after helping Shady down the stairs I ran like a maniac along the winding passage to the stage. I had been told that only a smaller amount of people were being allowed to the first section. I heard someone calling my name but was to stupid and excited to stop and find out the reason, which could have cost me the front row place if it wasn't for Ruth!

By the opening to the first section there were guards checking the wristband you were supposed to have on your arm to have access and I had run by the guard who was giving them out!:shocked:

I just stood there for a moment, feeling like a twat :doh: when I heard a resolute voice (definitely the voice of a teacher:wub2:) behind me saying to the guard: You can let her in, she's with us!

And they did!:pbjt:

I would have definitely lost my place close to the stage :boxed: if they had made me walk out again!

She was my guardian angel of the night!:wub2:

I saw the gold star on Mika's jacket before I knew it was from Ruth, it was beautiful, if they give away stars like that in her school I would want to go there!:biggrin2:

Edited by sienna

Aw Ruth that was a great report. It's not just the Mika bits that hold the magic, it's everything about the whole shebang. I'm keeping a diary this year because I don't want all the gigs to blur into one, and I want record of the little moments that I might otherwise forget, so it's really nice reading about someone else's experience.

And that's so cute that you pinned a gold star to his jacket. Bless him. I wanna see the pic!

This is why I make vlogs lol.

I don't know what to say, there isn't really any words for what happened in Dublin, only that it must have been the most amazing, surreal experience of my life! I was a Big Girl! and got to meet Mika properly for the first time, I was in complete awe :blush-anim-cl: It was such an experience being backstage, getting fitted for the costumes and the dress rehearsal, I loved it all, only thing was the masks/heads were a bit of a nightmare for me, and first time I put mine on it was totally not fitted and I couldn't see a thing, so there was me trying to rehearse and balance this huge thing on my head without being able to see at the same time! :aah: I'm sure that's why Mika chose for me to be one of the ones to not come on at the end for Lollipop, which I was a bit dissappointed about at first cos I thought he must think I'm a right awkward klutz when really I could have been more comfortable if the head had been on properly, but even when it was fitted properly backstage afterwards I still had a lot of difficulty seeing through the tiny holes and was actually relieved I wasn't going on twice as I was scared to death I was gonna fall over something on stage in front of the whole Olympia theatre :aah: Anyway when we were all dressed up we got ourselves covered up in jackets and cloaks and got to go back out into the crowd to see the show, which I'm so glad I did not miss because it was incredible! I enjoyed Belfast but Dublin was just amazing, he was in great form and gave such a performance, I was completely overwhelmed! This was my 4th show but I had never imagined it could be this good to see him live! Maybe it was just finally seeing him in Dublin, I don't know, but I had the time of my life :blush-anim-cl: Then it was time to go back again and prepare to go on stage. It was such a buzz despite being half blind! I did falter a bit unfortunately, but I almost think it would have been a miracle not to, not being able to see made me feel really quite awkward, but it was alright, I was still really thrilled to have had the opportunity to be part of the show. I was part of Mika's show!!!! :shocked::aah::teehee: Anyway then Mikafish and I got changed out of our outfits and went back to see the rest of the show, and we got to go backstage again after to rejoin the rest of the BGs and LGs and quite a few others who looked like competition winners or something, and we got to meet Mika in a nice organised environment which was great :wub2: Me and Tauruslady went outside to everyone waiting to see him then and hung around with the Mfcers and watched as Mika made his way through meeting all the fans. I was so happy everyone was able to meet him and get photos and everyone seemed to leave happy :wub2: I loved meeting so many of you too, you guys are great! I love Mika fans! :aah: I'm still on a high now, I'll be basking in the memories of this for quite some time I think! :wub2:

I don't know what to say, there isn't really any words for what happened in Dublin, only that it must have been the most amazing, surreal experience of my life! I was a Big Girl! and got to meet Mika properly for the first time, I was in complete awe :blush-anim-cl: It was such an experience being backstage, getting fitted for the costumes and the dress rehearsal, I loved it all, only thing was the masks/heads were a bit of a nightmare for me, and first time I put mine on it was totally not fitted and I couldn't see a thing, so there was me trying to rehearse and balance this huge thing on my head without being able to see at the same time! :aah: I'm sure that's why Mika chose for me to be one of the ones to not come on at the end for Lollipop, which I was a bit dissappointed about at first cos I thought he must think I'm a right awkward klutz when really I could have been more comfortable if the head had been on properly, but even when it was fitted properly backstage afterwards I still had a lot of difficulty seeing through the tiny holes and was actually relieved I wasn't going on twice as I was scared to death I was gonna fall over something on stage in front of the whole Olympia theatre :aah: Anyway when we were all dressed up we got ourselves covered up in jackets and cloaks and got to go back out into the crowd to see the show, which I'm so glad I did not miss because it was incredible! I enjoyed Belfast but Dublin was just amazing, he was in great form and gave such a performance, I was completely overwhelmed! This was my 4th show but I had never imagined it could be this good to see him live! Maybe it was just finally seeing him in Dublin, I don't know, but I had the time of my life :blush-anim-cl: Then it was time to go back again and prepare to go on stage. It was such a buzz despite being half blind! I did falter a bit unfortunately, but I almost think it would have been a miracle not to, not being able to see made me feel really quite awkward, but it was alright, I was still really thrilled to have had the opportunity to be part of the show. I was part of Mika's show!!!! :shocked::aah::teehee: Anyway then Mikafish and I got changed out of our outfits and went back to see the rest of the show, and we got to go backstage again after to rejoin the rest of the BGs and LGs and quite a few others who looked like competition winners or something, and we got to meet Mika in a nice organised environment which was great :wub2: Me and Tauruslady went outside to everyone waiting to see him then and hung around with the Mfcers and watched as Mika made his way through meeting all the fans. I was so happy everyone was able to meet him and get photos and everyone seemed to leave happy :wub2: I loved meeting so many of you too, you guys are great! I love Mika fans! :aah: I'm still on a high now, I'll be basking in the memories of this for quite some time I think!

Aww man...this kind of reports makes me want to be a Big Girl, a Lollipop Girl, a teapot, a piano...anything to be a part of a show like that! :roftl:

Thanks for your report! :wub2: Glad you had a great time!

By the way for those of you who thought that Mika seemed a bit off form when he came outside afterwards, just before we got to see him backstage after the show John told us that Mika had a bad throat so he was not feeling the best at the time.

Ok, so I only got home now and I must say...woah :wub2: This was my first Mika gig, the experiance was unearthly :wub2:

The queueing was really really pleasent experiance, despite rain and coldness. I arrived at about 10am with my mum, we both got numbers,18 and 19 and let the waiting begin! I really had fun, it was first time for me queueing. John came out asking for BGs and LGs but I said no since I really wanted to just enjoy my first gig. Then Mrs P came out asking same thing, i couldn't believe it's her but then I said no again, as politely as I could and Mrs.P walked away. Mika also got us drinks,hot chocolate, tea,coffie, whatever we wanted. I still have and will keep the cup,lol. I was freezing but it was ok, I could stand that for Mika. At about 6pm we formed a proper queue,we were let in,in time. I was hurrying and I was relieved when I got a wristband and place in 2nd row,in the middle. Before the gig I noticed Shaza and Tauruslady at the side so I quickly ran over and they told me about the rehelsal and how they met Mika. I was so jealous, but in a good way :aah: FOr some reason though I wasnt regretting not being BG.

So I ran back. I didint like the support, it was dull, for me atleast. Then David went on the stage and, cant lie, I fell into tears :blush-anim-cl: The whole gig was wow and I must say-Im so sorry Blue Sky and Christine, for way-too-loud-screaming, I was too excited :aah: I fell into tears once again when Mika RAN on the stage and suddenly stopped. Rain was amazing, though I really wish he sang the regular version. I loved the whole thing, I really did. During Any Other World he was so serious! and I LOVED when he acually bowed at "Take a bow, play the part" part :wub2: There is no point in me saying something about each song, it would take WAY too long time etc but hm whatelse...LT was WOAH, I loved the 1,2,3 jump part though he sat on this chair away from the audience, not many acually went down. I did anyways. I LOVE Dr.John coat and I love the way the bag fell off the...somewhere up there :naughty:

I was really knocked down by Relax becouse it was first Mika song I ever heard :wub2: Also WAG was amazing. I was really impressed by Lollipop intro, it must've taken them a long time to make this look sooo well!

Anyway, after the gig I was pretty tired and overpowered by emotions. I went out with group of MFCers and we waited for Mika. iMMa and Jimmy went out, me and MikaMadLuke ran over to iMMa, I spoke to her about her dresses and then I heard screaming behind me so me and Luke ran back. Wow. My first MIka gig. I met MIka, I got autograph, briefly spoke tohim, and I got a pic :wub2: This night couldn't get any better. Or I thought so. I was going back to my hostel, which was literally around the corner. I was crossing the street, noone was around. I noticed a black car standing, for some reason, I mean there was no other cars/people around whatsoever. I knew it was there but I took no notice of it and almost bumped into it. I looked on my left and what I see? Mika looking away from me, his curls wiggling as he did :wub2: I just smiled and kept going. It was amazing night :wub2:

I will upoload vids now, itll take a while to edit them though and theyre not very good quality, my camera sucks. :sneaky2:

I must say this book background is quite impressive :wub2:

I have no idea how you all managed to focus on him, though I know it's completely different when you're there but it really distracts me when I'm watching the videos. Not that I don't like it, I think it's amazing and I'd like to be able to just sit in a room and watch the whole thing without Mika singing in front of it to tell youthe truth :naughty:

I must say this book background is quite impressive :wub2:

I have no idea how you all managed to focus on him, though I know it's completely different when you're there but it really distracts me when I'm watching the videos. Not that I don't like it, I think it's amazing and I'd like to be able to just sit in a room and watch the whole thing without Mika singing in front of it to tell youthe truth :naughty:

lol, yeah, must say it was quite distractive :naughty:though as you said, when that ball of energy, Mika, is bouncing infront of you its something compleatly diffrent :naughty:

I finally manged to upload some pics...they're not very good but at least it's always evidence..I was there! :naughty:

http://s703.photobucket.com/albums/ww40/sasha_push/Mika%20Live%20at%20the%20Olympia%20Theatre%20Dublin%2015%2002%202010/

These are a few vidoes as well :biggrin2:

Blame it on the girls

Opening + Rain

Stuck In The Middle

Thx a mill :flowers2:

I wanna be a BG :teehee:

100_2235.jpg

Those masks reminds me of Achmed the dead terrorist :naughty:

100_2239-1.jpg

Edited by Dark Angel

By the way for those of you who thought that Mika seemed a bit off form when he came outside afterwards, just before we got to see him backstage after the show John told us that Mika had a bad throat so he was not feeling the best at the time.

Yeah, the more I see how hard they work, the more I think about the alley meetings at the stage door.

Apart from the pressure and the travelling, Mika and the guys just work, work, work, non stop. And the effort Mika puts in for every show, it's not surprising he's under par at the end of the evening.

Then we expect Mika to do a kind of meet and greet after every show.

He's unfailingly polite, but the more we get the more we want.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not having a go at anyone who stands in line. I do it myself, can't seem to stop myself, but feel guiltier by the day. I usually just say hi and leave it at that so he can move on quickly.

I hate to see people have their moment, then go to the back of the queue again for another turn. Don't they think the poor sod wants to go home?

Edited by babspanky

I finally manged to upload some pics...they're not very good but at least it's always evidence..I was there! :naughty:

http://s703.photobucket.com/albums/ww40/sasha_push/Mika%20Live%20at%20the%20Olympia%20Theatre%20Dublin%2015%2002%202010/

These are a few vidoes as well :biggrin2:

Blame it on the girls

Opening + Rain

Stuck In The Middle

awwwww bella che carino :wub2: ti vofglio tanto bene bella ^^ sei la mia migliore amica grazie mille :huglove: