Reports/Pics/Videos - Olympia, Dublin, Ireland Feb 15 2010

guylainem123

you haven't watched the video? it's a mexican day of the dead parade - especially the part before love today. it's more like gray skellys in LG and BG outfits than LGs and BGs with masks. :wink2:

The short story is, that we were doing the march of the dead (Mexican).

I was really put off by wearing masks at first too, but during rehearsals Mika explained and I was like: ooooooooooooooo!!!!Ok, lets do it!!

Actually, after the half an hour (at least) rehearsals I was on a cloud already :wub2:

For me the actual bit I was on stage during LT was a total nightmare but it was SO worth it for the rehearsal bit!

That was soooo worth it, wasnt it?!!!

OMG I didnt think King Curl would rehearse with us, I thought someone else would do that...I was happily surprised to see him doing it!!

LOVE HIM AGAIN!!!

He's sooo sweet!

"wiggle your bum during Lollipop"

:teehee:

Thx a mill :flowers2:

I wanna be a BG :teehee:

100_2235.jpg

Those masks reminds me of Achmed the dead terrorist :naughty:

100_2239-1.jpg

OMG!!!

Thank you for those amazing pictures!!

That's me!

Totally worth it, being a Big Girl, also with masks on!!:wub2:

OMG what did he DO to me!! LOL

I'm going to write a report soon!Tonight I hope. Need to upload my pictures first!!!

Wouter who??????

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG!!!

Thank you for those amazing pictures!!

That's me!

Totally worth it, being a Big Girl, also with masks on!!:wub2:

OMG what did he DO to me!! LOL

I'm going to write a report soon!Tonight I hope. Need to upload my pictures first!!!

Wouter who??????

Lucky you..... :thumb_yello: Thats all i can say right now....

I just uploaded the beginning and Rain from Dublin to Youtube, and my vid was blocked before it even had a name :blink: How is that possible? Only that vid from Belfast and Dublin, no other vids. They don't want us to show that part? How can they recognize it?

maybe it has to do with that p*rn star "mika rain"? :dunno:

By the way for those of you who thought that Mika seemed a bit off form when he came outside afterwards, just before we got to see him backstage after the show John told us that Mika had a bad throat so he was not feeling the best at the time.

aww poor guy! :sad: i guess that explains it then.

Yeah, the more I see how hard they work, the more I think about the alley meetings at the stage door.

Apart from the pressure and the travelling, Mika and the guys just work, work, work, non stop. And the effort Mika puts in for every show, it's not surprising he's under par at the end of the evening.

Then we expect Mika to do a kind of meet and greet after every show.

He's unfailingly polite, but the more we get the more we want.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not having a go at anyone who stands in line. I do it myself, can't seem to stop myself, but feel guiltier by the day. I usually just say hi and leave it at that so he can move on quickly.

I hate to see people have their moment, then go to the back of the queue again for another turn. Don't they think the poor sod wants to go home?

really?! who did that?! :shocked: that's really not nice. :no:

you're right in a way, if he doesn't feel like meeting fans, but still does it, it makes me feel bad too. when he's not ill and in a good mood though, i think he enjoys it. like in berlin at the acoustic tour. even in dublin, he did take his time to take pix, he just could've said no about it, like it usually is the case. he never had a problem with saying sorry i don't have time for photos. i'd guess he might've felt both like he didn't want to meet the fans because he didn't feel well, and like he wanted to meet them because he likes it in some way. :dunno:

really?! who did that?! :shocked: that's really not nice. :no:

you're right in a way, if he doesn't feel like meeting fans, but still does it, it makes me feel bad too. when he's not ill and in a good mood though, i think he enjoys it. like in berlin at the acoustic tour. even in dublin, he did take his time to take pix, he just could've said no about it, like it usually is the case. he never had a problem with saying sorry i don't have time for photos. i'd guess he might've felt both like he didn't want to meet the fans because he didn't feel well, and like he wanted to meet them because he likes it in some way. :dunno:

It's difficult to gauge I think. But I just try to bear it in mind that he may be tired. But he's so charismatic, it's hard NOT to wait.

I just came back a couple of hours ago so here is my little report.

When I arrived in the city centre and was looking for my hotel, a lady asked me what I was looking for and took me near the Olympia Theatre. She asked me who I was going to see. I replied Mika and she told me that some of the fan-club were at the venue since the morning as she saw them on her way to work :wink2:

I didn't queue as I had a seat but went to say hello to Kath and others.

I had a very good seat so the view was great for the stage and the audience. Was good to see how the audience react to the songs, dance... I though that WAG worked so well with the audience.

First act: the man talking about the plural of albatros, that was a bit strange lol

I didn't read about Belfast so Dublin was new for me. I really like the intro with the book and some French.

The band was very good and they all seemed to enjoy the night.

I also liked the "musical bin". I thought it worked well with the band ect...

Good to see the skeleton again.

Any other word as really powerful, there was something when he sung it this night.

On the down side: I was filming "Blue eyes" when I've been told (by staff from the theatre) for recording. Fair enough but what about all the people who were recording and I could see?! I thought it was unfair and now I don't have souvenirs of songs I like :sad:

I have a question: I came in on the side for the seating area. After the show, I saw people with posters. I am wondering if there was a shop to buy "Mika products". Just like to know for my next gig.

I stayed in a hope of a M&G. We've been asked to line up and had to wait a long time. After he came out, people started to push and I ended up crushed between people and my poster been damaged. I have to stay that Mika seemed calm and always smiling. While he was signing for me, somebody pused him and he apologised to me (as the pen moved when he was signing) and I fel sorry. He shouldn't be apologising when he signing! He took time to talk to some people, he was talking to a lday from Japan (don't know if she's a member of the forum).

It was a great great night and now I regret not to be able to do more gigs around Europe. I'm going to the London ones and that's it. It was always magic to see him on stage and I love this tour with the effects, settings etc...

Sasha, your pictures are not totally showing...so I cant download them...

Is it possible to email me them?

biekmail@hotmail.com

I would be sooooo gratefull :wub2:

I'm still not ready to make the report, but I did find out that I have a late shift, so I can stay up a bit tonight.

I DO have pictures!!!

19758_346416360927_717570927_5155638_5246058_n.jpg

19758_346416375927_717570927_5155639_4130675_n.jpg

19758_346416545927_717570927_5155654_4975941_n.jpg

I love this one

19758_346416875927_717570927_5155681_7440380_n.jpg

19758_346416945927_717570927_5155688_7078256_n.jpg

It's difficult to gauge I think. But I just try to bear it in mind that he may be tired. But he's so charismatic, it's hard NOT to wait.

Sometimes he looks so exhausted that I really feel guilty because we wait for him (he is so kind that he doesn't often say no). And a few times earlier I didn't have anything to sign (because I already had both my EP and album signed) and I just wanted to say thank you, nothing more, and each time he didn't even look at me, so I missed it. So in Dublin I had a pic to sign, and and he signed, and I said thank you, lol, it was very busy. He is really sweet and cute, and it's always nice to have one look or smile. But he must be tired, after shows like that.

Sometimes he seems to enjoy meeting people and he talks a lot. It's difficult to know beforehand.

Awwww, lovely pics, all you Big Girls and Lollipop Girls looked gorgeous!!!! :wub2: So pleased for you all.

biekmail@hotmail.com

I'm still not ready to make the report, but I did find out that I have a late shift, so I can stay up a bit tonight.

I DO have pictures!!!

Lovely pictures! I absolutely love the colors of the bg outfits, so vibrant :wub2:

biekmail@hotmail.com

I DO have pictures!!!

I love this one

WOW!!!!!! Looks amazing! thx for posting :thumb_yello:

Bianca, I have a couple of pics where you are on the stage with Mika, after Lollipop. They are not great pics, I was a bit too slow, but it was your moment, so maybe you want to see them all? I can send them to you tomorrow (kids are waking, so must go now).

You've been so lucky :wub2:

I knowwwww:wub2:

I would have never ever imagined this would ACTUALLY happen! It's been a kind of dream from me...and there I was!

And also the picture, the signature,...all stuff I hoped for...and that all packed in 1 day!

I got so much more than I ever could have imagined actually! The rehearsals, meeting his mum and sister, Jimmy on his knees for me...OMG!

But I'm going to start my report. Making it in WORD first, because my laptop is behaving bad today. Better be safe than sorry...:biggrin2:

Thanks for your pictures SashaX :flowers2:

awwwww bella che carino :wub2: ti vofglio tanto bene bella ^^ sei la mia migliore amica grazie mille :huglove:

Thx a mill :flowers2:

You're welcome!

biekmail@hotmail.com

I DO have pictures!!!

I love this one

I'll try to send them now :thumb_yello:

You were a great BG :wub2:

Yeah, the more I see how hard they work, the more I think about the alley meetings at the stage door.

Apart from the pressure and the travelling, Mika and the guys just work, work, work, non stop. And the effort Mika puts in for every show, it's not surprising he's under par at the end of the evening.

Then we expect Mika to do a kind of meet and greet after every show.

He's unfailingly polite, but the more we get the more we want.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not having a go at anyone who stands in line. I do it myself, can't seem to stop myself, but feel guiltier by the day. I usually just say hi and leave it at that so he can move on quickly.

I hate to see people have their moment, then go to the back of the queue again for another turn. Don't they think the poor sod wants to go home?

I agree with you

I noticed that too but I think some people just lose a bit their minds and can't stop themselves..

It's not fair btw

Edited by SashaX

Bianca, I have a couple of pics where you are on the stage with Mika, after Lollipop. They are not great pics, I was a bit too slow, but it was your moment, so maybe you want to see them all? I can send them to you tomorrow (kids are waking, so must go now).

OOOO yes please!!!:wub2:

I LOVE the video by the way!!!

Seen it on YT now and OMG its amazing!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!:wub2:

was great to have met you by the way!!!Good to put a face to the name! :wub2:

I DO have pictures!!!

Wowzers!

yes there was a merchandising stand, i also had to ask someone to find out - it was inside that wall that separated the 2 entrance doors of the venue, and you could only see it when you went to the right, coming from inside. which hardly anyone did, as there was a crowd there, and on the left you could walk through. :rolls_eyes: it was like a cloakroom or a kiosk. guess they didn't have space to put up their usual merchandise stand.

I knowwwww:wub2:

I would have never ever imagined this would ACTUALLY happen! It's been a kind of dream from me...and there I was!

And also the picture, the signature,...all stuff I hoped for...and that all packed in 1 day!

I got so much more than I ever could have imagined actually! The rehearsals, meeting his mum and sister, Jimmy on his knees for me...OMG!

But I'm going to start my report. Making it in WORD first, because my laptop is behaving bad today. Better be safe than sorry...:biggrin2:

:wub2: What a day!

I'm just realising that I have no good photos of the actual concert for Dublin. :naughty:

But I'll post the Belfast ones in the other thread when they're up if anyone wants to see them.

OMG! My report; :swoon:

Really don't know where to start :wub2:

I'd never been in Dublin before,but I really liked it!:thumb_yello: I was there with Biekje,and we had a great time!Thanks for being my tour guide Bianca,and for helping me :thumb_yello:

It was so nice to see you MFC-ers again :wub2:

About the gig;it was bloody amazing!!! I really really loved it!!! Mika was on fire!! I'm :fangurl: all over again!! Wow!

And I'm really proud of our Big Girls and Lollypopgirl! You were great!!!:thumb_yello:

There's so much more to tell,I quess it will all come back later