2011 - MIKA in Compiègne, France - 9 July - REPORTS/PICTURES/VIDEOS

Blue Sky

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just came back from France and, as everyone has already written reports and said everything, I don't think there's much to add. Just one thing: I loved the show! 82, rue Des Martyrs is a beautiful song (and there is a bistro under that number - we checked it in Paris yesterday:wink2:). The stage and costumes were amazing! Mika was in great form but I had the impression he was rushing through songs a bit.

I won't write much about queueing as I really don't want to get angry again but... who starts queueing at 2 am? and... why do we queue at all if people without numbers are let in at the same time? Eh! Apart from that it was great to see so many familiar faces again, after a looooong break and be part of this unique show!

Hi people,

I just come here quickly, just arrived from Belgium.

Well, I'll write a report later but I was one of the people who tried everything to organize the queue with the security guys.

To sum up : I talked with a girl from Rocksquare to ask if it was possible to come before for the 150 people on the list. She checked and came back to say yes and asked that we should organize the queue with people in their number order in the middle entrance (which was not really logical but... :sneaky2:)

and after she told me to check with the security guys. I talked with them several times, we organize everything : me and a friend of mine (I was number 105 and she was 150) were supposed to check every number with the name/nickname of people on the list to be sure people with no numbers couldn't enter. Then they told me the will let us 5 minutes to go in front of stage by closing the bareer before open it for the other people. So it was supposed to be perfect and fair.

BUT : all this gig and the Rocksquare thing were very bad planned... And the were late, veeeery late. Mika started his soundcheck at 6PM... :blink: it was supposed to be the opening doors time... And after 1.30 hour, we saw the security guys opening all the entrance and saying to me : "sorry, we are so late we were told to let anybody in at the same time" :jawdrop::confused::raygun:

UI was so angry... I really was. And I'm very sorry for you who didn't get the spot you were supposed to have. I told people during hours that it would be ok because they were telling me that but it didn't happened....

I didn't read the report yet, but I wanted to explain to people what happened with the system.

btw: just wanted to say it's really insane to read at what time people started queing :blink: I arrived at 9 AM and was number 105... well, I think for the 2012 tour, I'll take seated tickets !

Edited by Blue Sky
changed hungry to angry :)

Hello,

Sorry for not giving any proper report but I came back from Liège at 7h15 AM, had to care about my kids, went to bed from 9am till 15 pm (6 hours, yes !) and had to care about my kids again...

My pics and vids are really bad quality, although I arrived at 9h30, I was 20th row :aah:, I prefer laughing now because I had such another good Mika experience the day after in Liège, but that number system got me really really upset for many hours on saturday evening...

It's lovely to read so many reports now - thanks to all who posted.

I cannot believe how awful the queueing/entry/promoters were. I suspected it was not going to be good judging by the tweets, but how could anyone anticipate this level of nonsense. It really detracts from the enjoyment of the evening for the biggest fans who have been there waiting all day. Mika really needs to get on top of this sort of thing, it's always been dodgy, this sounds like the worst ever.

Indeed, that was the worst queuing experience I had ever met, for the last 2 or 3 hours, actually. It was quite OK before because people could move and go to toilets, have a drink and so on... I had met some MFCers I was reading here and was in a really good mood before going in that silly queue at

4h30-5pm. We all have been parked up in a queue in front of the middle entrance (3 entrances actually) without any barriers :shocked:

I have started to panic there when I saw all the other crowd passed in front of us :boxed: and I was completely right :biggrin2:

I would like to point out that nobody from MFC or Mika's team is responsible of this mess... and those queueing numbers have to stop, in my opinion.

I arrived at 9h30, being given nb 127 (almost not given any number because they wanted to stop that queue at 100, in Bercy there were 17000 places and we have been allowed to be 150 prioritary persons) and I was at 20th row this time. However, I was in the middle of the crowd, just in front of the piano and I am sure I have seen the gig better than nb 100 or 102 who were on the left of the stage...:wink2: (I am tall, that is quite practfical in this case)

Some girls who are not part of any website about Mika had been given nb 120? and something and shouted in the crowd when we arrived nearby the stage "thank your very much for your silly number system, thank you so much", I told them "come on, stay with us here, we try to have a good spot" and they have preferred to move away : in there opinion, Mika fan club is not good ( and I am trying to stay polite, I can not translate exactly what they said to us :naughty:

That IS the problem actually! Even though Mika's performance was really nice, I thing most of people would remember Compiègne as the most chaotic gig EVER!

I can't really understand how it is possible to leave the organizing of such an event to a group of total amateurs whitout checking anything before...

and I'm not only speaking of the queuing system, which, we know, is a good one only when it can be done with the help of the staff (or John) but the whole thing was a disaster from the very beginning to the end

You are right Nanou : most chaotic ever:blink:and John was lissing a lot there...

And, after have waited for again nearly 3 hours listening to such bad music with bad DJ's, I had lost the adrenaline I usually have before seeing Mika on stage, that is a very bad feeling :sad: , I was wondering myself what was I doing there ? After not having seen Mika singing for 1 year and 2 months, I had nearly told to myself that that would be my last gig on this July 9th evening... Something I could not imagine before, something made me lost my addiction for MikaÏne on that night.

Fortunately, MIKA got me addicted again, especially with his new song "Karen" which I can't stop singing for 2 days.

Of course, I understand the lyrics (in french) and that song remembers me a very well known and deceased french singer whose name was Michel Berger (pronounce "berjay"), my friends Macboll and Pinkcell29 agreed with me. We also found a comparison to another french group which name is Telephone and their song "Cendrillon" ("Cinderella"), but that should be written on the song topic, sorry...

The waiting after the gig was chaotic too, Personnally I have let people who never had an autograph reach Mika, I was happy just to see him and gave a little gift for him to his bus driver...

Well for the future, queuing system or not, I won't change my habits and won't come at midnight or 2 am to a gig, I love Mika but I am not a silly chick.

You can not be on the top of your healthness when you haven't slept and can't enjoy the show properly.

Moreover, it is like there was a little war between fans there and, beeing a very open and talkative person which loves meeting new people to a gig, I deplore that. I also feel like, because of these behaviours you will have a very bad image of France and I am really sorry about that :bored:

OK see you later MFC, it is already late and I need to sleep...

Hello,

Sorry for not giving any proper report but I came back from Liège at 7h15 AM, had to care about my kids, went to bed from 9am till 15 pm (6 hours, yes !) and had to care about my kids again...

My pics and vids are really bad quality, although I arrived at 9h30, I was 20th row :aah:, I prefer laughing now because I had such another good Mika experience the day after in Liège, but that number system got me really really upset for many hours on saturday evening...

Indeed, that was the worst queuing experience I had ever met, for the last 2 or 3 hours, actually. It was quite OK before because people could move and go to toilets, have a drink and so on... I had met some MFCers I was reading here and was in a really good mood before going in that silly queue at

4h30-5pm. We all have been parked up in a queue in front of the middle entrance (3 entrances actually) without any barriers :shocked:

I have started to panic there when I saw all the other crowd passed in front of us :boxed: and I was completely right :biggrin2:

I would like to point out that nobody from MFC or Mika's team is responsible of this mess... and those queueing numbers have to stop, in my opinion.

I arrived at 9h30, being given nb 127 (almost not given any number because they wanted to stop that queue at 100, in Bercy there were 17000 places and we have been allowed to be 150 prioritary persons) and I was at 20th row this time. However, I was in the middle of the crowd, just in front of the piano and I am sure I have seen the gig better than nb 100 or 102 who were on the left of the stage...:wink2: (I am tall, that is quite practfical in this case)

Some girls who are not part of any website about Mika had been given nb 120? and something and shouted in the crowd when we arrived nearby the stage "thank your very much for your silly number system, thank you so much", I told them "come on, stay with us here, we try to have a good spot" and they have preferred to move away : in there opinion, Mika fan club is not good ( and I am trying to stay polite, I can not translate exactly what they said to us :naughty:

You are right Nanou : most chaotic ever:blink:and John was lissing a lot there...

And, after have waited for again nearly 3 hours listening to such bad music with bad DJ's, I had lost the adrenaline I usually have before seeing Mika on stage, that is a very bad feeling :sad: , I was wondering myself what was I doing there ? After not having seen Mika singing for 1 year and 2 months, I had nearly told to myself that that would be my last gig on this July 9th evening... Something I could not imagine before, something made me lost my addiction for MikaÏne on that night.

Fortunately, MIKA got me addicted again, especially with his new song "Karen" which I can't stop singing for 2 days.

Of course, I understand the lyrics (in french) and that song remembers me a very well known and deceased french singer whose name was Michel Berger (pronounce "berjay"), my friends Macboll and Pinkcell29 agreed with me. We also found a comparison to another french group which name is Telephone and their song "Cendrillon" ("Cinderella"), but that should be written on the song topic, sorry...

The waiting after the gig was chaotic too, Personnally I have let people who never had an autograph reach Mika, I was happy just to see him and gave a little gift for him to his bus driver...

Well for the future, queuing system or not, I won't change my habits and won't come at midnight or 2 am to a gig, I love Mika but I am not a silly chick.

You can not be on the top of your healthness when you haven't slept and can't enjoy the show properly.

Moreover, it is like there was a little war between fans there and, beeing a very open and talkative person which loves meeting new people to a gig, I deplore that. I also feel like, because of these behaviours you will have a very bad image of France and I am really sorry about that :bored:

OK see you later MFC, it is already late and I need to sleep...

No, don't say that, I'm a fan of France and hope to meet some Mikafans/MFCers there one day, the really important is the gig and everybody have enjoyed it

btw, do you heard something about this concert being in DVD???

Hi people,

Well, I'll write a report later but I was one of the people who tried everything to organize the queue with the security guys.

To sum up : I talked with a girl from Rocksquare to ask if it was possible to come before for the 150 people on the list. She checked and came back to say yes and asked that we should organize the queue with people in their number order in the middle entrance (which was not really logical but... :sneaky2:)

and after she told me to check with the security guys. I talked with them several times, we organize everything : me and a friend of mine (I was number 105 and she was 150) were supposed to check every number with the name/nickname of people on the list to be sure people with no numbers couldn't enter. Then they told me the will let us 5 minutes to go in front of stage by closing the bareer before open it for the other people. So it was supposed to be perfect and fair.

BUT : all this gig and the Rocksquare thing were very bad planned... And the were late, veeeery late. Mika started his soundcheck at 6PM... :blink: it was supposed to be the opening doors time... And after 1.30 hour, we saw the security guys opening all the entrance and saying to me : "sorry, we are so late we were told to let anybody in at the same time" :jawdrop::confused::raygun:

UI was so hungry... I really was. And I'm very sorry for you who didn't get the spot you were supposed to have. I told people during hours that it would be ok because they were telling me that but it didn't happened....

I didn't read the report yet, but I wanted to explain to people what happened with the system.

btw: just wanted to say it's really insane to read at what time people started queing :blink: I arrived at 9 AM and was number 105... well, I think for the 2012 tour, I'll take seated tickets !

We already told you that you have done your best Deb : the number system is not always granted anyway (apart from gigs when John is around). You are not responsible for this mess Deb, don't worry :wink:

And, in the contrary, we shall thank you because we nearly had no number at all, arriving at 9h30 am because they wanted to stop the list at 100 and you sorted out perfectly to get 150 people. ( I am sorry for number 151 152)

Something else I had to tell here was that it was a mess in CAT 2 and CAT3 also.

I had a friend who went to CAT2 with her nephew, they were all waiting in the same area, all mixed up. Then suddenly they had to split CAT2 and CAT3 and CAT3 came in before CAT2 :roftl:

So, responsibles are the town of Compiègne : not even a dust bin to throw away the bottle water corks :shocked:, the stage was not ready on time for MIKA to do his sounds check, well... don't want to argue about this any more. It is a dead story, for me :biggrin2:

And, by the way, are you sure you we so "hungry" Deb ??? :teehee::teehee::biggrin2:

No, don't say that, I'm a fan of France and hope to meet some Mikafans/MFCers there one day, the really important is the gig and everybody have enjoyed it

btw, do you heard something about this concert being in DVD???

OK Thank you -,) I'd love to see your country too :wink2: I love Carnival but ours is slightly different in Dunkirk :teehee:

No, sorry, nothing about a DVD...

Last year I was sure there would be a DVD filmed in Antwerpen and nothing has came so I can't tell you...

Take care :wink2:

OK Thank you -,) I'd love to see your country too :wink2: I love Carnival but ours is slightly different in Dunkirk :teehee:

No, sorry, nothing about a DVD...

Last year I was sure there would be a DVD filmed in Antwerpen and nothing has came so I can't tell you...

Take care :wink2:

I like carnival time only because there are no classes :teehee:

Since I read Treasa asking if someone else have heard about a DVD in Compiègne, I tought: ''it could be, why not???'' But I will wait for a confirmation, hope there's really one :wub2:

You too :huglove:

This nightmare never would have happened if John was there. :no:

Thanks for your reports Sabine, Deb, Sweetieval (not a silly chick indeed! :teehee:) and everyone.

The only solution to this 2 am queuing stupidity is to just let the silly chicks (:naughty:) go for it and do not try to compete. Some people will never see sense and you can't let them affect your judgement. I really think there wouldn't be more than a small handful of people there in the middle of the night if everyone else didn't cave in to the panic/need to compete.

I love being in the front row so I've queued many long days, but I learned in 2007 that you can never predict where you'll end up and sometimes #200 ends up in the front row and #20 ends up in third row. John has done a great job in mitigating this in the past 3 years but it's not something you can ever count on and losing an entire night's sleep to camp out at the venue is just not worth that risk IMO.

I'll have to save the videos for tomorrow because it's taken me all night to get here!

Hi people,

UI was so angry... I really was. And I'm very sorry for you who didn't get the spot you were supposed to have. I told people during hours that it would be ok because they were telling me that but it didn't happened....

oh deb :huglove: do not blame yourself for anything... nobody else is.

I want to thank you for doing the best you could for your fellow MFCers, but as we saw, things don't always work as planned. John should have been on site for such a large event.

It seems that the people in charge of this gig really let Mika and his fans down and were not prepared/ready to handle such a show.

I can't believe there were no garbages.... WOW! :blink:

Thanks for your reports Sabine, Deb, Sweetieval (not a silly chick indeed! :teehee:) and everyone.

The only solution to this 2 am queuing stupidity is to just let the silly chicks (:naughty:) go for it and do not try to compete. Some people will never see sense and you can't let them affect your judgement. I really think there wouldn't be more than a small handful of people there in the middle of the night if everyone else didn't cave in to the panic/need to compete.

I love being in the front row so I've queued many long days, but I learned in 2007 that you can never predict where you'll end up and sometimes #200 ends up in the front row and #20 ends up in third row. John has done a great job in mitigating this in the past 3 years but it's not something you can ever count on and losing an entire night's sleep to camp out at the venue is just not worth that risk IMO.

I'll have to save the videos for tomorrow because it's taken me all night to get here!

exactly! i agree 100%

I think you mean "Blame it on the weather" because that's how the duet with Ida is called :teehee:. Well I doubt she is/will be the one on the record, but as far as for the live performance I think she sounds just perfect. I would like her to be on the album, but I don't think it's her who will be recorded with him though.

I think it's possible Ida will be singing on the album, since he has said he did some recording in Stockholm, which is where she was at the tgime I think.

Will write gig report later, have plenty to say, bur wanted to touch on the songs.

Karen, which it is what it's called and how it's spelt (straight from Mika this info) is an amazing song. During sound check we were treated to it twice, and I said to Nezza how much of Coldplay he has channelled into it, which is great, love Coldplay.

BIOTW I think will be sung by Imma, or whoever depending on how busy she gets before he tours again. It is a very beautiful duet, (I knew he had it in him to do a killer ballad) and live, it is spellbinding,well it was for me anyway.

And Elle Me Dit live got the crowd bouncing, it really does get you dancing.

Edited by RAK1

And about the queuing, I spoke to Macboll and Mellody about this too, I think the admin fom all the forums should get together and get a concert protocol system drawn up.

This way a responsible member is in charge of an official list, and comes to start it at a reasonable time, agreed by all, aknd any other list started is void, that would stop the ridiculous stupid o clock queuing, as they would be made aware the queuing does not start til the designated listee gets there.

It's fairer, and will stop the friction.

Edited by RAK1

If John had been there to make sure the sound check had started on time.

I think they could have done it even at that late stage, because it would have been the safer thing to do, not like the cattle market they turned it into!

Edited by RAK1

I want to thank you for doing the best you could for your fellow MFCers, but as we saw, things don't always work as planned. John should have been on site for such a large event.

It seems that the people in charge of this gig really let Mika and his fans down and were not prepared/ready to handle such a show.

Yes, Deb -- do NOT feel bad about this. This situation clearly was NOT

your fault. I'm so sorry that you got caught in the middle of a huge mess,

and I'm also sorry for everyone there who queued for so long and to

no avail. Truly the "organizers" of this show were not so organized. :sad:

And about the queuing, I spoke to Macboll and Mellody about this too, I think the admin fom all the forums should get together and get a concert protocol system drawn up.

We've actually talked to Mika's team about this very thing before, Rose,

but as you can imagine, it hasn't really gotten anywhere. Maybe after

this fiasco we can approach them about the subject again. :dunno:

In any case, thank you all for your reports, photos and videos --

as chaotic as it was, it must have been great to see Mika in concert again.

I really miss that, and wonder when/if I'll get that chance once more. :tears:

I can't believe there were no garbages.... WOW! :blink:

exactly! i agree 100%

This chaos happened with 15000 people! I don´t want to imagine what would have happened if 25000 people had showed up :shocked:.....

This way a responsible member is in charge of an official list, and comes to start it at a reasonable time, agreed by all, aknd any other list started is void, that would stop the ridiculous stupid o clock queuing, as they would be made aware the queuing does not start til the designated listee gets there.

It's fairer, and will stop the friction.

I don´t think that would be a solution, they would start another queue for the list to be the first on the list and at least they would write a list for the list........:roftl: ( do you know what I mean?)

This chaos happened with 15000 people! I don´t want to imagine what would have happened if 25000 people had showed up :shocked:.....

I don´t think that would be a solution, they would start another queue for the list to be the first on the list and at least they would write a list for the list........:roftl: ( do you know what I mean?)

That's what I meant by any other list being void, the only valid list would be the one started by the designated person chosen for each gig from all forums.

That way it wouldn't matter if they chose to come at a ridiculous time, the list used would be the official one that had been preorganised.

He makes some songs in French and some fans doing critics. I always hear Mika singing in english, and french fans not complaining about it, some fan undestand nothing because it's in english. For me it's not a problem because I love english. If a day he sing in spanish or italian I will love too if songs are good. In german I'm not sure because the only music I love in german it's Rammstein :naughty:

But Mika said since a long time that he wants to make songs in french but that he had to find a good song writer.

It's just because France represente his childhood, french is his mother tongue, that why when he speaks french he speaks like a little boy (so cute :wub2: ).

He has more success in France than in England or Germany or USA that's a fact, and I don't think he needs to sing in french to sell more records in this country.

He is attach to England too, especially to London, and I understand why I love England and London too.

I think all the critics in the fact that he make some songs in french is the result of a certain jalousy.

I read lots of fans comments in some threads and forums, saying why Mika speaks french in french concerts :boxed: I remind to some people that he speaks spanish at spanish gigs :biggrin2:

It's like when I was at the Hammersmith Apolo gig last year, the first night, I had on my left two Mika fans speaking and saying that they hope that the futur DVD will not be again filmed in France. I don't understand those kind of reactions, I'm happy to see a new DVD I don't care if it's filmed in England, Germany, USA, Brazil, Japon, Spain, Italy,....

To be fair he filmed both his dvds in France, it would be nice to let someone else have a chance. I wish he'd filmed the Cattolica gig last year, that would have made an excellent dvd.

I think it's possible Ida will be singing on the album, since he has said he did some recording in Stockholm, which is where she was at the tgime I think.

No, she was actually not there that time. She had performances in Malmö during that time as far as I remember. Mika has been working with Robyn's producer - he is based in Stockholm.

I think the admin fom all the forums should get together and get a concert protocol system drawn up.

Good idea, but a prerequisite of such system working is a tour manager attending all gigs and having the name of the fanclub contact person in charge of the list. ...Needless to say, such queue would be called an MFC queue, and perhaps open to everyone but only after the time it is started. But then again there would probably be people coming earlier and demanding to be first on the list when it is started.. :dunno:

Looking forward to your report:thumb_yello:

I totally agree about queuing so early. It's not worth it to be so exhausted by the time Mika comes on stage. :huglove:

You're absolutely right about John not being there. And about the small minority who intend to queue at stupid times. Sigh.

I was so angry... I really was. And I'm very sorry for you who didn't get the spot you were supposed to have. I told people during hours that it would be ok because they were telling me that but it didn't happened....

I'm really sorry this turned out to be such a disaster. I wish there was something we could have done. Sadly it seems every aspect of this gig, everything Rocksquare came in contact with ended up being a bit of a disaster.

Good idea, but a prerequisite of such system working is a tour manager attending all gigs and having the name of the fanclub contact person in charge of the list. ...Needless to say, such queue would be called an MFC queue, and perhaps open to everyone but only after the time it is started. But then again there would probably be people coming earlier and demanding to be first on the list when it is started.. :dunno:

Yeah the only way that would work is if we had Team Mika enforcing it. The admins from the various Mika community sites could in theory come up with an agreement, but there's nothing to stop any random members (or even fans who aren't on any of the sites) from completely ignoring it. Believe me, I would LOVE a worldwide "no queuing before noon" rule. Really, EVERYONE would benefit. But I suspect 90% of people would tell us to piss off if we tried to enforce that. :naughty:

The killing scene was very macabre as always, and yet I wasn't shocked by it. I actually knew to expect something like that. I sometimes think I share Mika's twisted sense of humour too well. :blush-anim-cl:

I bet you do!:roftl:

Thank you for a fantastic report!:wub2:

It's lovely to read so many reports now - thanks to all who posted.

I cannot believe how awful the queueing/entry/promoters were. I suspected it was not going to be good judging by the tweets, but how could anyone anticipate this level of nonsense. It really detracts from the enjoyment of the evening for the biggest fans who have been there waiting all day. Mika really needs to get on top of this sort of thing, it's always been dodgy, this sounds like the worst ever.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: SEATED VENUES PLEASE!:biggrin2:

I think 2.00 am, some people started to get up and went to start the queue. I heard all night the doors clapping and so I wasn´t surprised in the morning at 6.00 am when I got the number 64.

OMG:shocked: at first I thought you were kidding!

That is just insane!:boxed:

Thank you for your report, really enjoyed reading it!:thumb_yello:

The day before the gig was better than expected: I was due to work on a night shift to finish at 6 am Saturday morning, but I was lucky and could have my night off :biggrin2: I thought it was a good omen :mf_rosetinted: Moreover I would be in the same car as Sweetieval, Mikabea, Fanny Pinkcell and Stephanie, my Mika buddies :wink2: We got our numbers when we arrived and greeted everybody we could recognize. Then lunch time arrived. We found a nice place where our little group of 11 could eat.

Unfortunately, as it was said, the number system was a total failure (maybe it could be kept if the organizers are, well organized or team Mika (John) is there. As it was so badly organized by Rocksquare, it was usless, inefficient in the end) and my 125th number brought me something like the 20th row. As Sweetieval put it, nevermind this Saturday was a nightmare :sneaky2: but Liège would be a perfect dream :wub2:

We had to stand the long DJ' peformances (more than 2 hours ) and were relieved when the last 'singer' left the stage. My poor ears! It was Mika's turn at last!

We thought everything would be better but we forgot another element: our neighbours. We were next to people who must have never been to Mika's gigs before because they were angry at the people in front of us because they were taking pictures of the stage or were filming (their heads prevented them from watching) and those people hit me in the back and shouted at me because I was jumping on 'relax' :shocked: OMG what a day! As they were agressive people I could not answer back and advise them to attend funerals or classical music concerts or operas :sneaky2:

Anyway Mika and Imma were great (they would be greater in Liège :biggrin2:). I loved 'Elle me dit' live and loved 'Karen' too. Karen's story reminded me of another French song called 'Cendrillon' (=Cinderella) by a band called Telephone, another girl who wanted the most of life but ended up dying from an overdose. The third new song was okay but is one I could skip while listening to the album if this version is kept. A bit too dovey for me :naughty:

I was a bit disappointed that 'Touches you' or 'pick up off the floor' were not performed and that there were so many songs from LICM, even if I still love them.

We joined the other MFcers to wait for Mika and the band and I could get Imma's autograph (she's so sweet :wub2:). We got back to the car and headed up to Valenciennes as we were going to spend the (rest of) night at Pinkcell's. I fell asleep just before we arrived and Sweetieval told me I said 'Have you started the list?' when I woke up :aah:

Edited by macboll

Je suis très mécontente, comme tous les fans arrivés tôt afin d'être sûrs de pouvoir être listés. Arrivées sous la pluie à 8h45 avec une amie et ma fille de 11 ans, nous avons attendu toute la journée devant les barrières, jusqu'au moment où tous les gens de la liste se sont rassemblés. Finalement, nous sommes rentrés en même temps que tout le monde, à savoir que nous sommes passés derière des gens arrivés 1h00 avant l'ouverture des portes. Bousculade générale, j'ai eu très peur pour ma fille que je n'arrivais plus à tenir par la main. Nous aurions du être placées face à la scène et nous sommes finalement retrouvées excentrées côté gauche, derrière 2 types non listés et qui n'ont pas bougé de la soirée, se contentant de filmer le concert; Passionnant !!! Heureusement que le concert le Liège, le lendemain s'est beaucoup mieux passé et dans une meilleure ambiance. Nous étions cette fois devant et avons pu savourer le spectacle. Une bonne revanche.

Quoting Sand's post from another thread :thumb_yello:

That's what I meant by any other list being void, the only valid list would be the one started by the designated person chosen for each gig from all forums.

That way it wouldn't matter if they chose to come at a ridiculous time, the list used would be the official one that had been preorganised.

I do think it's a good idea... but, even with an "official" list, things won't work if the staff and security from the gig itself lie and pretend to respect this when they actually don't care at all... I mean, even if the "fan side" is organised, as it WAS the case in Compiègne, there's nothing we can do if the producers of the gig clearly give completely other instructions to the security checking the entrance...

And I'm afraid this would lead to unpleasant arguments between people "playing the game" and coming only at the official list time, and others who won't respect that or even just don't know anything about it because they're not from any fanclubs...

speaking about Compiègne more precisely,

what I can't get (and what REALLY upsets me actually) is that in the Rocksquare team, there are actually "real" Mika fans who made a lot of gigs, know every french and international forums and moreover perfectly know how the system of number works...

and they are the ones who told to other fans that they have to come at crazy o'clock in the morning because others would do so (perfectly knowing that some people would be afraid of arriving too late and would actually really come in the middle of the night...), and they are the ones too who promised the system would be respected...

Moreover they were at the entrance to see the fiasco and they did not try to do ANYTHING to avoid that...

I know they're not the only one to blame for this disaster, the entire Rocksquare team is actually and not only for the queuing thing but for the entire organisation of this gig, but I can't get how they just didn't care about this at all when they know it works when the producers and staff do their part too :aah:

Edited by Nanou

Just wanted to say Deb did a great job and their organisation was ****. Apart from that I would like to mention that ANYONE with a hotel room who queues at moron o'clock seriously need to let themselves be re-evaluated. It is not a ****ing guinnes world record attempt of who queues the earliest. We are not ****ing Tokyo Hotel fans who camp in front of the venue 4 weeks before the gig.