4/15/09 -- LA Surprise Show -- Preshow Chatter!

dcdeb

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shall we start by discussing expectations? :wink2:

I personally don't expect much change in sound or vision except that vision might be more 'themed' and he won't be dressed up for the sake of dressing up - as many musicians have stolen his idea in recent months..

As for the music, I expect maximum 2 new songs + 1 new cover version and the old songs performed a bit differently -a more acoustic sound.

:blush-anim-cl:

About similar it is thought to me. And + on a priming absolutely new song...

Hi everybody !! :punk:

I finally found the thread to chat in !

Well, I'm so exciting for tonight's gig. Because we don't know nothing and we all know that with Mika, everything can be done and nothing can be expected !

I reaaaaaly can't wait to know with which song he's gonna start !! :woot_jump: and hearing new songs...

too bad we won't get the "new" rain version ! but the acoustic one is :wub2:

The question now is will they accept people to film... I think it'll be hard.

But maybe a vid will be post on Mikasounds with extracts from the gig made by Andy...

Wait and see...

oh yes,so is 5 am for me :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

I bet it is.. it'll be 1pm for me... I'll be completely done with sorting myself out for prom...

I dont mean to sound like a bad fan ... but i really hope no more old ones are played... I havent listened to LICM for over a year apart from the odd song here and there

Maybe my expectations have been too high about a whole gig of new songs

Neither have I... I would like to think it'll be a lot of new songs and the occasional old one...

STOP SAYING GIRLIES!!! :thumbdown:

*pats Freddie*

Apart from our aussie friends .. <look above at the cough coughs>

Thank you Freddie... I'm feeling loved by you right now! :naughty:

Your giving me a complex!!

<adjusts bra and polishes nails> :naughty:

I hope for Rain too and the drumming song with Cherrisse:punk:

Oooooh... drumming song! I could do without Rain though...

I hope you're wearing a pretty bra...

I love Everybody's Talking, but I hate how people talk during it and Over My Shoulder, although maybe because it's such a small gig there's a chance they'll STFU for them?

You'd hope they would...

Who is going to be in his band? Cherrise, yes, she was on the album. But what about the others?

Don't like the chances of Martin being there... though I will be ecstatic if he is!

Well, I'm so exciting for tonight's gig. Because we don't know nothing and we all know that with Mika, everything can be done and nothing can be expected !

Ah yes... the possibilities are endless! :naughty:

And I agree a video from Andy would be very welcome indeed! :thumb_yello:

I don't know what to expect really, but I hope he does at least three or four new songs.

He's doing this gig for a very calculated reason remember..not just as a random freebie favour for a few fans in LA. It's the next logical step in disseminating his new material, following on from the music blogs, so it'd be artistic and commercial suicide to only play LICM songs at this gig but I'm sure the old faves will be there too!!

As long as he doesn't do what he did in my dream last night, and sing Copacabana (Barry Manilow) in a black sequinned batwing top, I'll be happy really :naughty:

I don't know what to expect really, but I hope he does at least three or four new songs.

He's doing this gig for a very calculated reason remember..not just as a random freebie favour for a few fans in LA. It's the next logical step in disseminating his new material, following on from the music blogs, so it'd be artistic and commercial suicide to only play LICM songs at this gig but I'm sure the old faves will be there too!!

As long as he doesn't do what he did in my dream last night, and sing Copacabana (Barry Manilow) in a black sequinned batwing top, I'll be happy really :naughty:

True true... But it's the US where LICM did not do particularly well, so I imagine he will quite a few songs from LICM. - probably more than how many he will play in Europe

:lmfao:

Speaking of Barry Manilow, the council here are planning on playing Barry Manilow songs in the main street to deter the ferals hanging around who swear and spit and do all that gross stuff...

Ah yes... the possibilities are endless! :naughty:

And I agree a video from Andy would be very welcome indeed! :thumb_yello:

oh Thanks !!! I couldn't remember that famous sentence !!! :roftl:

Hope he made a song with this iconic and cult quote !! :naughty::bow::bow:

i think they're still reading the "secret gig-ice cream" thread. and it takes a while to scroll down all the pages y'know:naughty:

oh yes,so is 5 am for me :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

I know I am, it was a massive chattering last night about the Ice Cream truck!:wub2:

But who's complaining... this is just lovely after all this empty months with nothing else to do than pick fights with each other!:naughty:

And now I'll keep crawling through this thread....:wink2:

5 am!?:boxed:

I gues it will take some time for the reports to roll in too!

I tried to stay up late last night but I succumbed... I'm still doubting if I should try again tonight. It's so much more fun to be 'in' the middle of the action than to scroll through 40 pages or so the next morning:naughty:

This is so true!:thumb_yello:

Stupid time zones!:bash:

Hiya all! :biggrin2:

So, we can chit chat here? Great! And the reports etc will go on the other thread?

of course...

This is pre-show chit chat.

There will surely be an after-show chit chat thread too:wink2:

of course...

This is pre-show chit chat.

There will surely be an after-show chit chat thread too:wink2:

:roftl: Sorry I didn't even noticed the title...:roftl:

Yeah guess so, I just know there's going to be a lot of talking going on:naughty:

I keep having to remind myself that I'm not actually going to physically BE at this gig tonight and hear the new songs first hand :naughty:, I am getting way too excited about it, even from thousands of miles away :shocked:

The Mika madness is back in me :naughty: It's like old times :wub2: