BLAME IT ON THE GIRLS - Lyrics Discussion

Suzy

It's the 'He's got looks that books take pages to tell' bit v. the 'A scrub is a guy who thinks he's fine(fly??)' from No Scrubs. Yes, it's only a few notes but it's quite a distinctive few notes.

Oh ok ok it sounds nothing like it :aah: Except it does!! LOL

Oh that, yeah those are the same couple of notes right there, I doubt I would have noticed that if you hadn't pointed it out XD

• Like 1

first time I heard that talking part I thought he said "my lap stinks" :naughty:

I was quite:blink::blink::blink:

:roftl:

That 'boys to the left!' picture post is also hilarious, and really cracked me up.

I never really thought about who did the voice at the start, but I'm listening to it again now and yeah I can easily hear that it's Mika.

I didn't know he did the woman's voice in Grace Kelly til the Chris Moyles interview the other day though! :blush-anim-cl:

:roftl:

That 'boys to the left!' picture post is also hilarious, and really cracked me up.

I never really thought about who did the voice at the start, but I'm listening to it again now and yeah I can easily hear that it's Mika.

I didn't know he did the woman's voice in Grace Kelly til the Chris Moyles interview the other day though! :blush-anim-cl:

its MIka's voice! damn I love this song! its so funny

Very Billy Brownish! :roftl:

I really love this song. It was the first song I heard after I downloaded it off itunes and hearing that dodgy voice :wub2: made my day 500 times better.

Tonight, my local Alternative rock radio station plays 5 new songs you should know about at 9pm and I saw MIKA- Blame it on the Girls on the list. I wasn't listening at the time but freaked out when they said that it was one of the songs they played and voted for it to be played again tomorrow night! I was totally caught off guard but excited.. like why would an alt. rock station be playing Mika? Actually, I don't need to know. I just told them I loved them for playing it!

• 5 months later...

I listened to this song again for the first time in MONTHS and in the talking part in the beginning it almost sounds like he might be saying:

"...quite a good-looking face" rather than,

"what a good-looking face".

:huh:

I listened to this song again for the first time in MONTHS and in the talking part in the beginning it almost sounds like he might be saying:

"...quite a good-looking face" rather than,

"what a good-looking face".

:huh:

In the making of the BIOTG video, the director is reading the little intro and he clearly says "quite." I always say "what" though. :shun:

• 3 months later...
Blame It On The Girls (clap clap song)

lovempls: http://www.mediafire.com/?qftadbgjmm2

Alternatives:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho0HttTfPMI&feature=related

[url=http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UavGm5LOtr4][/url]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UavGm5LOtr4

EDIT - SPOILER ALERT - these lyrics are from the lyric book in the Japanese album version:

Ahaaaa I've always wondered what Mika said before the song starts, now it becomes clear :biggrin2:

• 13 years later...

Can't believe no one has been to this thread in 13 years! :aah:

Which means I have no idea if anyone will actually see this post... :sweatdrop:

Anyway, I was reading a little about famous philosophers today and this quote by Confucius came up: "Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated" and it instantly brought BIOTG to mind because of Mika's lyrics in the song "Life could be simple but you never fail, To complicate it every single time."

Now I'm wondering if Mika was partly inspired by Confucius at the time of writing this song? It seems too much of a coincidence if you ask me! :biggrin2:

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Anyway, I was reading a little about famous philosophers today and this quote by Confucius came up: "Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated" and it instantly brought BIOTG to mind because of Mika's lyrics in the song "Life could be simple but you never fail, To complicate it every single time."

Now I'm wondering if Mika was partly inspired by Confucius at the time of writing this song? It seems too much of a coincidence if you ask me! :biggrin2:

You bumped the thread so "I see you" :teehee: Yes he could have of course :thumb_yello:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he was, although the idea isn't that revolutionary so it could totally be coincidence. Hmmmm... I don't recall him ever mentioning Confucius before :dunno:

And im not going to quote anyone from 2010, but i always have heard 'quite a good-looking face' and particularly like that bit because I use the word 'quite' quite often. I'd be so sad if it's actually "what a good-looking face"

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Confucius

I don't know that Mika is influenced by Confucius...

But he mentions "The Tao of Pooh" many times since 2007.

In 2017,

https://www.panorama.it/televisione/ll-vademecum-di-mika-dove-si-trova-la-mia-gioia-anarchica

Interview by an Italian magazine PANORAMA

Il libro cui è più legato.
The Tao of Pooh, di Benjamin Hoff.

The book he is most attached to.
The Tao of Pooh, by Benjamin Hoff.

2017_10.26_PANORAMA-111-.jpg.c030ed4653bedbd26b8feaa865112aa2.thumb.jpg.4690db7b3b9dd86a4a971bf6e3509795.jpg

2017_10.26_PANORAMA-111-.jpg.c030ed4653b

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, kreacher said:

And im not going to quote anyone from 2010, but i always have heard 'quite a good-looking face' and particularly like that bit because I use the word 'quite' quite often. I'd be so sad if it's actually "what a good-looking face"

I've always heard 'quite' when listening to the song but reading back through this thread made me doubt myself so I went and listened to BIOTG twice and yep it's definitely QUITE! Few! :whew:

I quite like 'quite' myself and I also use it quite often! :biggrin2:

• Like 2

On 12/16/2023 at 6:47 AM, TinyLove_CJ said:

I've always heard 'quite' when listening to the song but reading back through this thread made me doubt myself so I went and listened to BIOTG twice and yep it's definitely QUITE! Few! :whew:

I quite like 'quite' myself and I also use it quite often! :biggrin2:

I'm also checking in to say yes, it's QUITE. I don't even remember that anyone ever suggested it was "what a good-looking face" -- I guess I don't pay much attention to other people's versions of the lyrics, not even the "official" lyrics. I trust my own ears more! It's like I could never understand how people could listen to that bit and say that it *wasn't* Mika speaking! I mean, have you heard Mika talk before? :lol3:  Anyhow, yes, I'm quite sure it's quite.

• Like 3

Honestly I love it when 13 yo threads get dug up and I see stuff I never would have come across otherwise.

I don't think it's unlikely that it's just a coincidence, I agree that the idea that "life is actually quite simple and we overcomplicate it" is not revolutionary. At the same time it's also not unlikely that Mika got inspiration from a philosopher. It's Mika, who knows!

6 hours ago, dcdeb said:

It's like I could never understand how people could listen to that bit and say that it *wasn't* Mika speaking!

Wait people were saying that?! That's funny, even I knew that was him right away and it took me some time to recognize his speaking voice. For example it took me ages to realize that it's his voice in that GK promo where he goes "There are many different kind of pop stars"... :D

Edited by CharlotteL
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I can't find now the thread with Mika's songs used in movies.

I was skipping between channels on my TV and I saw/heard this!

It was the end of the American-Hungarian movie Monte Carlo from 2011 with Selena Gomez.

It's so cool to hear all of sudden on Polish TV Blame It On The Girls!!!!

I don't know if it has been already mentioned on the Forum.

EDIT: On the soundtrack list we can find as well Love Today.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1067774/soundtrack/

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 1