Mika and Boyzone: how he 'gave it all away'- the Sun

robertina

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I almost posted the samething but with my username, :lmfao:

I guess 3 years with the fanclub is not substantial enough to be in a song. :shun:

I'm only 1 and a half years. B..b..b...ut I only had dial-up until a year and a half ago :tears::lmfao:

that's exactly what i was thinking.... come on mika4life13, let's go write our own song! :snea ky2:

and you know... :teehee: being canadian, everything rimes with "eh" eh? :a ah:

I'm not Canadian. Great, now I;m shunned :crybaby:

We don't need them! :s hun::teehe e:

Exactly, :roftl:

Everybody's goona love guy, eh goona love guy, eh goona love guy, eh :roftl:

mika4life13, mika4life13,

RACINGHORSE83.

RACINGHORSE83.

YAY IM IN A SONG. AND I GET MY NAME IN CAPITALS.

*prints out and sends to mika*

it's the anyway you want to, anyway you got to,

LOVE LOVE ME

LOVE LOVE ME

:teehee: i'm not on my game tonight.

mika4life13 with the big bust on, big bust on, big bust on!

wait 'till guylaine's come and gone, come and gone!

I'm saving up my calls for every friday at 8 o'clock, so they don't start getting suscpicious if i request a song from 2007 everyday :lmao :

I request songs from both albums multiple times a day :teehee:

i got on the air live once. the radio DJ goes "oh, its that obsessive Mika girl! Won't she ever go away?"

I said; "i love you too" :roftl:

All my friends at school heard it. Now I'm known as the Mika girl..

mika4life13 with the big bust on, big bust on, big bust on!

wait 'till guylaine's come and gone, come and gone!

I request songs from both albums multiple times a day :teehee:

i got on the air live once. the radio DJ goes "oh, its that obsessive Mika girl! Won't she ever go away?"

I said; "i love you too" :roftl:

All my friends at school heard it. Now I'm known as the Mika girl..

I would tell you my size but then you'd laugh at the irony of it, :lmfao:

LMFAO THAT IS ACTUALLY SO FUNNY! :lmao:

I got on Friday night, I have the whole thing documented in the canadian thread, :lol3: They wouldn't play rain or we are golden, just the relax remix, :shocked:

Oh my... I can only hope there'll be no more bad puns like this. It ain't even remotely funny.

oh shyte. I didn't even get my own joke until you said that and i re-read it .. I only said that because it was a Mika quote from somewhere else:shocked:

*kicks self about a thousand times*

*goes to delete post*

oh shyte. I didn't even get my own joke until you said that and i re-read it .. I only said that because it was a Mika quote from somewhere else:shocked:

*kicks self about a thousand times*

*goes to delete post*

Oh ok then, & thanks for deleting :wink2:

I can't tell you all how hard the last 3 months have been. I never cried so many tears in my whole life. You are all so lucky that you still have Mika alive and happy. I hope you all know how good you've got it and hope you appreciate every day with Mika. It could be over any day, never forget that! I never thought that Stephen would leave us at just 33 years of age. It was such a big shock. He was such an amazing person and so down to earth. I've met him over 100 times and he was just a wonderful, kind and good guy. He will be sadly missed by so many.

R.I.P. Stephen

This made me speechless too. Thanks for coming here and posting :huglove: I'm sure all Mika fans want to support this song.

It IS cheesy! But who said cheese was bad? I am a big fan of cheese. :naughty:

Nothing wrong with cheesy pop. People can be too snobby I think.

Like Sparkly said on youtube, it's funny how this song is so apt now that Stephen has passed away.

It must have been difficult for Boyzone fans, it was upsetting enough for a lot of us who wouldn't class ourselves as fans.

This is going to be a huge hit though, and a fine way to be remembered.

I was going to ask if it's a bad thing to call it cheesy... I thought it's just a matter of music style. This song can really be a huge hit.

It didn't fail....

it simply failed to promote the album in the UK.

:sad:

I want to think this way too :blush-anim-cl:

caz... what is wrong with you lately? you make soooooooo many grammar errors. i don't recognize you anymore... :teehee:

what's the matter? you couldn't find anything to rime with Guylaine??? :sneaky2:

Oh Guy, I have no idea what's happened to me :aah: But to be fair my brain was frazzled because I was writing a covering letter and I hate writing those :teehee:

I suppose I could have thrown the name "Guy" in somewhere...me sorry!

That is truely great if that is on Sky News for that one is not a UK only channel / site. :thumb_yello:

They posted the video there, too. It is tasteful and the sound is much better quality than how we heard it last night.

I just don't understand how they keep repeating the incorrect lyrics.

It is

"I will learn to live before I die" and

"will learn to love and learn to try not to give it all away"..

Edited by suzie

In any case, the more I listen to the higher quality versions of this, the less reaggae I find it, and the better I find it. It's a good song and it will do very well.

yes, just listened to the version with the video that was linked on SkyNews. The reggae beat underneath sounds pretty decent now and I no longer find it annoying....:teehee: That's great news as I prefer Mika's name associated with good quality.

Now I actually believe again that the song will do well.:thumb_yello:

Hiya,

I'm a STEPHEN GATELY fan.

Nice to read all your comments.

Just thought I'd let you know that they will play the song tomorrow on Chris Moyles show as well.

I hope all the Mika fans will support this song 100%. Let's not dwell on the fact that Mika didn't want to give BZ the song in the first place and instead concentrate on making this song a hit. Boyzone themself actually never said a bad word against Mika.

Stephen actually really liked Mika. There used to be a section on his official website called "Stephen recommends" and he used to mention some movies, books, songs on there that he liked. And a few years ago he recommended Mika's album and encouraged his fans to buy it. :thumb_yello:

I don't know what all this talk about GAVE IT ALL AWAY being cheesy is about? Aren't most of Mika's song cheesy as well? Like BIG GIRLS for example.

And I think Boyzone have a lot songs that are much cheesier than GIAA.

I think there are quite a few people on here that don't know much about Stephen. Hope it's ok to post some YT clips to show you who he was?

Stephen singing Bring him home on the lyrics board:

Stephen's solo single I believe - it was on the Soundtrack for Billy Elliott:

And my all time fave BRIGHTER DAY - written by Stephen himself for a Panto he starred in as Dandini:

And one clip that shows how much Stephen's voice has improved during the last few year, singing I can't make you love me with Boyzone on an asian show in 2008:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz2GFe9fgtM

I can't tell you all how hard the last 3 months have been. I never cried so many tears in my whole life. You are all so lucky that you still have Mika alive and happy. I hope you all know how good you've got it and hope you appreciate every day with Mika. It could be over any day, never forget that! I never thought that Stephen would leave us at just 33 years of age. It was such a big shock. He was such an amazing person and so down to earth. I've met him over 100 times and he was just a wonderful, kind and good guy. He will be sadly missed by so many.

R.I.P. Stephen

Hi there! Lovely to see you on the forum.

It's lovely to read that Stephen liked Mika and recomended his work.

I felt really sad when Stephen died as I always thought he was a lovely man with a great voice and I know his fans will miss him so much. You are right that we are lucky to still have Mika. I think God for that all the time.

As for people calling the song "cheesy", I've always said that if it's a Mika song it will be great, and now I've heard it, I KNOW it's absolutely mindblowingly GREAT! Mika writes pop songs and they are often classed as cheesy, but cheesy doesn't mean bad. Cheese can be wonderful, though I wouldn't call GIAA a cheesy song, it's a beautiful ballad.

I think that GIAA, especially with the opening line, is the perfect song to honour Stephen, and it's just right for his wonderful voice. The other boys voices blend in so well, it couldn't be better.

It's also lovely to meet the Boyzone fans who have come onto the forum. Welcome to the MFC!

"After he died we went to LA and bumped into Mika.

"Ronan had coffee with him and the next day we had a call to say that the song was ours. It was like Stephen was smiling down on us."

This finally sounds like a believable version of events. Not that they bumped into Mika for the first time in the lift and the first words out of his mouth were "the song is yours". And then Ronan picked him up and carried him off somewhere. :roftl:

I like what Keith Duffy says in the video about Stephen singing the song all the time and truly loving it.

The song really does have that Mika stamp on it...and the video is very moving.

Thanks for posting the articles. And thanks to the Boyzone fans for visiting us here on MFC, and joining in the discussions. We can't even begin to imagine your feelings right now, hearing a new song with Stephen's voice.:tears:

I hope it goes to #1. :wub2:

Edited by Blue Sky